Tesla cannot sell its cars in Michigan

lestat
|
MR. X
10/9/2016 4:35pm
Good ,more money the tax payers won't have to spend to cover the huge loss on every car they sell.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
10/9/2016 5:16pm
Fucking ridiculous.

The automotive giants in my state control every facet of government, and it takes leglistlation like this being challenged and being up help to spotlight the crooked political system we inhabit.
APLMAN99
10/9/2016 5:29pm
I think it's a pretty big stretch for those lawmakers who are passing those laws to say that they are representing the best interests of the citizens of their state..........
borg
10/9/2016 5:36pm
MR. X wrote:
Good ,more money the tax payers won't have to spend to cover the huge loss on every car they sell.
Absolutely! Subsidies for rich do-gooders. They need help paying for their coal powered cars.
I do not, however, condone government blocking "legitimate" competition.

The Shop

jasonward73
10/9/2016 5:55pm
Yeah. Cause Ford, GM, and Chrysler get NOTHING from government. Wait, didn't we bail them out from going completely bankrupt recently? Oh yeah. The ban is total BS and a complete result of the fear the big three have from a legitimate competitor. Keeping things the same as they've always been for the sake of keeping them that way is not progress. My experience purchasing a Tesla was the most enjoyable vehicle purchase ever. Every interaction I've had with them has been a delight. I just visited Land Rover for service and it was the opposite. I've owned Fords, Chevys, and Mercedes and each purchase was not enjoyable and service was the same.

Tesla is light years beyond what the big three could only dream of.

Oh, my car is powered by solar. Not coal. And the only reason we still create energy from coal is because it's another industry that is still around cause it's what we've always done. We are so far behind other countries with use of renewable energy it's embarrassing. Mainly cause we romanticize coal miners as some wonderful job. That whole industry looks miserable. But we keep using it cause god forbid that job goes away.

Rich do gooders? Not so much. Toyota Prius, Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf, Ford Focus (electric) and any other manufacturer of an electric vehicle get the same tax credit. it's not exclusive to Tesla.
10/9/2016 5:59pm Edited Date/Time 10/9/2016 6:09pm
Ford did not take the bail out.

Can't blame the big 3 for lobbying against government subsidy tesla.....tesla is so in bed with government. They can't post a profit. It's all subsidized. Tesla is doing so well with all the govt income that they wanna colonize on Mars. If electric cars are a cash cow imagine what Mars is?!

As far as the no competition argument....sooner or later they'll just move their whole fuckin operation outside the USA. Thousands of jobs. Gone.
borg
10/9/2016 8:09pm
Ford did not take the bail out. Can't blame the big 3 for lobbying against government subsidy tesla.....tesla is so in bed with government. They can't...

Can't blame the big 3 for lobbying against government subsidy tesla.....tesla is so in bed with government. They can't post a profit. It's all subsidized. Tesla is doing so well with all the govt income that they wanna colonize on Mars. If electric cars are a cash cow imagine what Mars is?!

As far as the no competition argument....sooner or later they'll just move their whole fuckin operation outside the USA. Thousands of jobs. Gone.
At some point people will quit the koolaid and understand what the electric car hype is really all about.
tcannon521
Fantasy
1398th
10/9/2016 8:31pm
Ford did not take the bail out. Can't blame the big 3 for lobbying against government subsidy tesla.....tesla is so in bed with government. They can't...

You should really do research before posting about stuff you know nothing about. Every automaker and energy company would be out of business if it wasn't for subsidies. Tesla basically is getting its funding from shareholders at this point. If you don't think Tesla is viable look at the 400k in reservations they just took for the Model 3.

As for the money funding colonizing Mars. It is coming from this other little company he owns called Space X. I guess you never heard of them but they launch satellites into space plus haul goods to ISS for the US.

Lastly, if you think Tesla is going to pack up and ship jobs somewhere else you obviously haven't seen or read about the 10+ billion dollar battery and manufacturing facility they are building in Nevada. It's only the largest building in the world.. I'm sure they will just pack it up and move once we piss them off. Ironically it was slated to be built in TX but due to TX blocking them from selling cars in the state Elon moved the facility to NV. I wonder how many billions of dollars in tax that cost TX?

tcannon521
Fantasy
1398th
10/9/2016 8:32pm
borg wrote:
At some point people will quit the koolaid and understand what the electric car hype is really all about.
Just curious... What do you think the hype is about?
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
10/9/2016 9:24pm
Yeah. Cause Ford, GM, and Chrysler get NOTHING from government. Wait, didn't we bail them out from going completely bankrupt recently? Oh yeah. The ban is...
Yeah. Cause Ford, GM, and Chrysler get NOTHING from government. Wait, didn't we bail them out from going completely bankrupt recently? Oh yeah. The ban is total BS and a complete result of the fear the big three have from a legitimate competitor. Keeping things the same as they've always been for the sake of keeping them that way is not progress. My experience purchasing a Tesla was the most enjoyable vehicle purchase ever. Every interaction I've had with them has been a delight. I just visited Land Rover for service and it was the opposite. I've owned Fords, Chevys, and Mercedes and each purchase was not enjoyable and service was the same.

Tesla is light years beyond what the big three could only dream of.

Oh, my car is powered by solar. Not coal. And the only reason we still create energy from coal is because it's another industry that is still around cause it's what we've always done. We are so far behind other countries with use of renewable energy it's embarrassing. Mainly cause we romanticize coal miners as some wonderful job. That whole industry looks miserable. But we keep using it cause god forbid that job goes away.

Rich do gooders? Not so much. Toyota Prius, Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf, Ford Focus (electric) and any other manufacturer of an electric vehicle get the same tax credit. it's not exclusive to Tesla.
You drive a solar powered car?
JW381
10/9/2016 9:55pm

tcannon521 wrote:
You should really do research before posting about stuff you know nothing about. Every automaker and energy company would be out of business if it wasn't...
You should really do research before posting about stuff you know nothing about. Every automaker and energy company would be out of business if it wasn't for subsidies. Tesla basically is getting its funding from shareholders at this point. If you don't think Tesla is viable look at the 400k in reservations they just took for the Model 3.

As for the money funding colonizing Mars. It is coming from this other little company he owns called Space X. I guess you never heard of them but they launch satellites into space plus haul goods to ISS for the US.

Lastly, if you think Tesla is going to pack up and ship jobs somewhere else you obviously haven't seen or read about the 10+ billion dollar battery and manufacturing facility they are building in Nevada. It's only the largest building in the world.. I'm sure they will just pack it up and move once we piss them off. Ironically it was slated to be built in TX but due to TX blocking them from selling cars in the state Elon moved the facility to NV. I wonder how many billions of dollars in tax that cost TX?

We make steel components for launch pads for Space X at my work. I did not know that they were related to Tesla.
jasonward73
10/10/2016 2:21am
seth505 wrote:
Yeah bro. Solar panels. You heard of them? My house is powered by them. Not coal. My car charges at home. Hence, it's about as low emission as you can get.
hillbilly
10/10/2016 2:56am
seth505 wrote:
Yeah bro. Solar panels. You heard of them? My house is powered by them. Not coal. My car charges at home. Hence, it's about as low...
Yeah bro. Solar panels. You heard of them? My house is powered by them. Not coal. My car charges at home. Hence, it's about as low emission as you can get.
I cancel out all the green you generate,you and ed Bagley jr.
jasonward73
10/10/2016 3:53am
hillbilly wrote:
I cancel out all the green you generate,you and ed Bagley jr.
Gotta start somewhere.
KTMShane699
10/10/2016 4:58am
borg wrote:
Enlighten us? Or are you just throwing something out there to stir the pot?

I'm honestly curious as to your thoughts on the "electric car hype." My personal opinion is that electric vehicles are the future of transportation. Well, that coupled with renewable energies. Right now industries are the biggest resistance to the movement. If people went solar, there's a whole lot of power plant employees that could end up being phased out of work. With a true solar set up, the need for a grid is greatly reduced. No grid means no control over pricing and more importantly profit dollars. Electric vehicles are a threat to the car manufacturers who aren't putting as much effort into them. It's slowly starting to change though. In the future we will all most likely be driving electric vehicles and the ICE will become the novelty.

MR. X
10/10/2016 6:28am
Enlighten us? Or are you just throwing something out there to stir the pot? I'm honestly curious as to your thoughts on the "electric car hype."...
Enlighten us? Or are you just throwing something out there to stir the pot?

I'm honestly curious as to your thoughts on the "electric car hype." My personal opinion is that electric vehicles are the future of transportation. Well, that coupled with renewable energies. Right now industries are the biggest resistance to the movement. If people went solar, there's a whole lot of power plant employees that could end up being phased out of work. With a true solar set up, the need for a grid is greatly reduced. No grid means no control over pricing and more importantly profit dollars. Electric vehicles are a threat to the car manufacturers who aren't putting as much effort into them. It's slowly starting to change though. In the future we will all most likely be driving electric vehicles and the ICE will become the novelty.

Solar energy is very far away from ending the need for other energy sources
KTMShane699
10/10/2016 6:31am
MR. X wrote:
I am aware. I was making a single example. There are a number of renewable energy sources out there. Do you think we will continue to use non renewable energies forever?

I know we are a while away from becoming completely renewable, but the trend is starting to lean towards renewables.
tcannon521
Fantasy
1398th
10/10/2016 6:51am
JW381 wrote:
We make steel components for launch pads for Space X at my work. I did not know that they were related to Tesla.
Yep, Elon has been a part of PayPal, Tesla, Solar City and Space X. He is also working on the HyperLoop project. It isn't anything viable though at this point.
jasonward73
10/10/2016 7:03am
MR. X wrote:
Actually, you're wrong. Solar, coupled with battery storage, could supply the entire countries power needs today. Tesla is the pioneer with battery storage and has acquired Solar City. They alone could be the nations supplier of power but that is not Elon's mission. He wants many other companies to adopt this philosophy, just like he wants all car manufacturers to copy his electric car. Do you really think there would be a Chevy Bolt, Ford Focus (electric), Nissan Leaf, etc... if it wasn't for Tesla? Believe me, Tesla makes the big three very nervous. Has any of them ever received 400,000 pre-orders for a car that they haven't even finalized yet? No way.

Watch this to understand how Solar + Battery can power our country now.

seth505
Fantasy
1271st
10/10/2016 7:05am
seth505 wrote:
Yeah bro. Solar panels. You heard of them? My house is powered by them. Not coal. My car charges at home. Hence, it's about as low...
Neat, that's a cool setup, good for you bud. Yup, I've heard of solar panels.
hillbilly
10/10/2016 7:27am
So1ar ain't going to move a train,truck,or aircraft.

Apache just found oi1 in texas,bunch of it.
TXDirt
10/10/2016 7:33am
The government should help subsidize the development and adoption of certain things that may have long-term positive impact on the country and it's people. It has a history of doing this and it's important to continue to do so. This helps foster positive change and can create whole new industries and jobs. It doesn't happen overnight.

You may not be a fan of Tesla or Musk, but you should be a fan of the innovation and disruption of a tired and old industry.

I'd much rather my tax dollars go towards inventing and adoption of something positive rather then tax dollars going towards propping up Islamic dictators and free obama phones.
MR. X
10/10/2016 7:39am
Actually, you're wrong. Solar, coupled with battery storage, could supply the entire countries power needs today. Tesla is the pioneer with battery storage and has acquired...
Actually, you're wrong. Solar, coupled with battery storage, could supply the entire countries power needs today. Tesla is the pioneer with battery storage and has acquired Solar City. They alone could be the nations supplier of power but that is not Elon's mission. He wants many other companies to adopt this philosophy, just like he wants all car manufacturers to copy his electric car. Do you really think there would be a Chevy Bolt, Ford Focus (electric), Nissan Leaf, etc... if it wasn't for Tesla? Believe me, Tesla makes the big three very nervous. Has any of them ever received 400,000 pre-orders for a car that they haven't even finalized yet? No way.

Watch this to understand how Solar + Battery can power our country now.

Ya ,just have to build a roof over the entire country and live under solar panels.
jasonward73
10/10/2016 7:46am
MR. X wrote:
Ya ,just have to build a roof over the entire country and live under solar panels.
Not even close. If you cover the roof of on an average sized home with solar panels you could power about 3 homes. Also, think of all the land out west that is not being utilized and is not really even habitable.

I'm not saying it'll solve every climate issue in the world nor do I ever think we will be 100% powered by renewables. You stated it is very far away from ending the need for other energy sources. I'm just telling you it really isn't that far away.

I do realize there will always be a place for fossil fuel power. I don't live in fantasy land. There just doesn't need to be as BIG of a place for it that we have today.
MR. X
10/10/2016 8:02am
Then why are the solar panel mfg. closing before they even open, there was one out west I can't recall the name ,that was a giant flop ,they're building one here in NY that has already laid off 3/4 of the work force before they even built a single panel.
JW381
10/10/2016 8:04am
TXDirt wrote:
The government should help subsidize the development and adoption of certain things that may have long-term positive impact on the country and it's people. It has...
The government should help subsidize the development and adoption of certain things that may have long-term positive impact on the country and it's people. It has a history of doing this and it's important to continue to do so. This helps foster positive change and can create whole new industries and jobs. It doesn't happen overnight.

You may not be a fan of Tesla or Musk, but you should be a fan of the innovation and disruption of a tired and old industry.

I'd much rather my tax dollars go towards inventing and adoption of something positive rather then tax dollars going towards propping up Islamic dictators and free obama phones.
Amen!! It's bizarre to me how some of these staunch capitalists support the suppression of innovation to keep the status quo the same. Oil is finite, has environmental consequences, and as was discussed in the Alta thread less efficient than electric power (solely referring to auto motors). We live in a hybrid economy and I feel very proud to have my tax dollars contribute to endeavours such as Tesla. I'm also proud to be a part of a company that builds components for Space X. Very cool.
lappedrider
10/10/2016 8:49am
MR. X wrote:
Then why are the solar panel mfg. closing before they even open, there was one out west I can't recall the name ,that was a giant...
Then why are the solar panel mfg. closing before they even open, there was one out west I can't recall the name ,that was a giant flop ,they're building one here in NY that has already laid off 3/4 of the work force before they even built a single panel.
US module manufactures are closing because China is investing in their manufacturing of modules and we are not. Instead of building all of the modules here, we are importing close to 100% because of our outdated energy policies.

Instead our tax money is funding research for oil, gas, and coal producers.... It is remarkably short sighted.

Post a reply to: Tesla cannot sell its cars in Michigan

The Latest