Sydney to London on a Wing and a Prayer (I made this)

Rich Piano
11/25/2015 5:23pm
Moto related this is
jamma10
11/26/2015 2:34am
Cool little video and a brave guy for taking on a challenge like that alone, especially on such a small capacity bike!

I've always a burning sense of wanderlust so I felt quite envious watching it. I can also relate to the post travelling blues and the transition back into mundane, normal life.

A friend of mine rode a Royal Enfield back from India to the UK, he managed to get almost the whole way without a hitch and then his chain snapped a mile from his house. Smile
Uncle Tony
11/26/2015 4:44am
That was awesome gotta give props to the Honda scooter for making a journey like that! Very cool video
11/26/2015 6:23am
Fantastic story and a really well put together vid. Very very cool!

The Shop

ToolMaker
Fantasy
927th
11/26/2015 9:03am
Cool Vid. Every time now that I read a story about someone that wants to relocate because things aren't going right reminds me of a post by someone here in the not to distant past. Someone wanted advice on places to relocate as they were tired of where they were, things were not working out and one of our fellow brothers posts.
Paraphrasing here: Most people that need to relocate because things are not working out, typically find that they were the asshole that makes things bad. Then after the relocation and "new start", it doesn't take long for the people in the new place to discover that you were the asshole and you're in the same boat again that things are just "not working out". Then the cycle starts all over again.
TM
Chu
11/26/2015 10:53am
She coulda been a old dog though.
11/26/2015 3:02pm
burnside wrote:
[embed] DOT. Sydney to London on a Wing and a Prayer from Make Your Bones on Vimeo.[/embed] Eh guys, I made this film for a...

Eh guys, I made this film for a website I run (for fun with a good friend) called Make Your Bones. You guys should have a poke around cause theres lots of cool bike shit there. A mixture of adventure, BMX, moto & arty farty stuff.

We made this film on a dude called Nathan Millward who broke up with his girlfriend whilst living in Australia, had his visa extension denied and was given 3 days to exit the country. He option to jump on his 105cc motorcycle and ride 23,000+ miles home to London. Its a wild adventure. Have a watch!

( And have a poke around the site: www.makeyourbones.com )
are you yakshire? you sound exactly like me lol
Sunhouse
11/27/2015 5:02am
This film and story is awesome! I just returned from travelling South East Asia and Central America alone, and I'm already eager to find new adventures.
In March and April some friends and me bought shitty communist 107cc bikes in Vietnam and rode through Cambodia and Laos and back into Vietnam. Coolest thing I've ever done! Next I plan to try the same thing through parts of Pakistan, Iran and maybe Tadjikistan. Finish off the journey with skiing in the awesome slopes in Iran. If no one joins me this time I'll do it on my own.
I liked his perspective on things: that once you travel off the beaten path you notice that people are friendly in every corner of the world. People are good! It's hard to fathom that if you live the typical generic life, watching the world from your tv-screen.

Thanks for posting and good job on the video!
DoctorJD
11/27/2015 6:33am
So glad I watched that. Very inspiring.
burnside
11/28/2015 12:32pm
Thanks for the good feedback guys!

Im not from Yorkshire, but Nathan is.... hahahha.
burnside
11/28/2015 12:33pm
Sunhouse wrote:
This film and story is awesome! I just returned from travelling South East Asia and Central America alone, and I'm already eager to find new adventures...
This film and story is awesome! I just returned from travelling South East Asia and Central America alone, and I'm already eager to find new adventures.
In March and April some friends and me bought shitty communist 107cc bikes in Vietnam and rode through Cambodia and Laos and back into Vietnam. Coolest thing I've ever done! Next I plan to try the same thing through parts of Pakistan, Iran and maybe Tadjikistan. Finish off the journey with skiing in the awesome slopes in Iran. If no one joins me this time I'll do it on my own.
I liked his perspective on things: that once you travel off the beaten path you notice that people are friendly in every corner of the world. People are good! It's hard to fathom that if you live the typical generic life, watching the world from your tv-screen.

Thanks for posting and good job on the video!
Awesome!

Im actually plotting a trip in the new year, nothing toooooo crazy (touch wood), thinking more like rent a bike for a month and explore. Seriously considering heading to Sri Lanka.
burnside
11/28/2015 12:34pm
jamma10 wrote:
Cool little video and a brave guy for taking on a challenge like that alone, especially on such a small capacity bike! I've always a burning...
Cool little video and a brave guy for taking on a challenge like that alone, especially on such a small capacity bike!

I've always a burning sense of wanderlust so I felt quite envious watching it. I can also relate to the post travelling blues and the transition back into mundane, normal life.

A friend of mine rode a Royal Enfield back from India to the UK, he managed to get almost the whole way without a hitch and then his chain snapped a mile from his house. Smile
Oh rad! I heard that was a really hard one to do because of all of the paper work.

I hear Guy Martin is actually plotting a TV series doing the same thing. Which would be awesome...!

Post a reply to: Sydney to London on a Wing and a Prayer (I made this)

The Latest