Summer TV Shows

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
Alright so with all of the good shows having aired their season finale and in some cases series finale do you guys watch anything interesting during the summer months or do you take a break until fall.

I was looking forward to season 2/final season of Vice Principals on HBO but looks like that has been pushed back to sometime this fall.

I'll be checking out a new series called Snowfall that was suppose to air on Showtime but now appears to be airing on FX. It's about the early days of the crack cocaine epidemic in Los Angeles during the beginning of the 1980's. No idea how it's going to be because if I'm not mistaking FX doesn't allow any swearing on that channel and a story about crack cocaine without any foul language just wouldn't be believable in my opinion. That series premieres on July 5th.

The only other show I'm looking forward to is Ballers in HBO that going into it's 3rd seasona. That premieres on July 23rd.

Other than that it's mostly movies and gaming on the PS4.

What about you guys?
|
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
6/7/2017 7:47am
ill be forced to watch little big world....LOL....hahaha.....just was forced through 1st 2 episodes last night.
Fantasy
4452nd
6/7/2017 8:33am
Fargo
GD2
Fantasy
815th
6/7/2017 8:58am
House of Cards.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/7/2017 9:33am
dsmith wrote:
ill be forced to watch little big world....LOL....hahaha.....just was forced through 1st 2 episodes last night.
Do you mean Little Big Shots? Show about kids with talent hosted by Steve Harvey. I've never heard of Little Big World.

The Shop

dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
6/7/2017 9:48am
dsmith wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Do you mean Little Big Shots? Show about kids with talent hosted by Steve Harvey. I've never heard of Little Big World.
sry.. I meant... little people big world .. I don't really pay attention when it plays...
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/7/2017 10:11am
I wouldn't pay attention either lol. You must be married. No single man in their right mind would sit there and watch that by himself.

Is it one of those things where you watch one of her shows and she needs to watch MX/SX? If so it's a good compromise. You watch an hour show and she needs to watch 3-4 hours of moto.
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
6/7/2017 10:48am Edited Date/Time 6/7/2017 10:55am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I wouldn't pay attention either lol. You must be married. No single man in their right mind would sit there and watch that by himself. Is...
I wouldn't pay attention either lol. You must be married. No single man in their right mind would sit there and watch that by himself.

Is it one of those things where you watch one of her shows and she needs to watch MX/SX? If so it's a good compromise. You watch an hour show and she needs to watch 3-4 hours of moto.
LOL...fuck no
yep..she use to like the dunge but now its muskin ...
oh but there's others ....so was even...outdaughtered lol, married at first sight lol,.... but now I started watchin live PD that's 2 hours so im ahead.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/7/2017 11:42am
Man am I glad I don't have to sit through shitty TV shows like that. Women TV sucks lol.

I saw live PD on the TV guide. I never watched it and sometimes they'll air old episodes so technically it's not live. Is it like COPS or something totally different. I was flicking through the channels once and they were just patrolling and riding around so I decided nope not for me.
TXDirt
6/7/2017 1:09pm
They have had some great documentaries on the AHC channel lately.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
6/7/2017 2:21pm
Maverick, I'm with you. My wife watches about 15 TV shows, all of which are based on the following:

-Psycho bitch wives who live off their husband's money in [insert town here].
-People who buy houses that should be condemned, fix them, and sell them for way too much money.
-People who got married to someone they don't know. Just for fun.
-People who got pregnant when they were 16.
-Psycho bitch wives who got married to someone they don't know, buy houses with their husband's money that should be condemned, and then sell them for way too much money.

All the above are rife with whining, crying, fighting and the like. Why do you want to watch that????
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/7/2017 5:07pm
Falcon wrote:
Maverick, I'm with you. My wife watches about 15 TV shows, all of which are based on the following: -Psycho bitch wives who live off their...
Maverick, I'm with you. My wife watches about 15 TV shows, all of which are based on the following:

-Psycho bitch wives who live off their husband's money in [insert town here].
-People who buy houses that should be condemned, fix them, and sell them for way too much money.
-People who got married to someone they don't know. Just for fun.
-People who got pregnant when they were 16.
-Psycho bitch wives who got married to someone they don't know, buy houses with their husband's money that should be condemned, and then sell them for way too much money.

All the above are rife with whining, crying, fighting and the like. Why do you want to watch that????
Lol Real Housewives of (insert city). I don't get it but there's definitely a market for it because it seems like each year they expand to new cities. I know this because there's non stop commercials about them. Bitches fighting with one another, two face women, etc. Come to think of it I think women watch that crap because they're all the same.

I hope you're not stuck watching those with the wife like dsmith above is. If you are movie nights would always have to be my pick. Action movies, mob movies, war movies, anything you know you'll like and she'll hate and the longer the better too.

The one where they get pregnant at 16 I guess makes sense if you had a similar experience other than that WGAF about it. Not your kid not your problem lol.

So Falcon do you get to watch anything at all that you like or you're stuck on the couch watching the shows noted above in your post? I don't know how your wife is with electronics but you might want to unplug a cable and say oh looks like the TV is not working, wait until she gets busy doing something else or leave then plug it back in and watch your shows. Women and electronics normally don't work well together so it might just work.
ocscottie
6/7/2017 5:41pm
GD2 wrote:
House of Cards.
I already binged it, wasnt the greatest season IMO.
GD2
Fantasy
815th
6/7/2017 6:46pm
GD2 wrote:
House of Cards.
ocscottie wrote:
That's disappointing to hear after I just got done with the final season of Bloodline (which was disappointing). Still, I'll take a mediocre season of House of Cards over a lot of other shows that are on TV right now.
SKlein
6/7/2017 8:12pm
GD2 wrote:
House of Cards.
ocscottie wrote:
Haven't been a fan of the last two seasons.
JB 19
6/7/2017 9:02pm
Preacher. You're welcome.
JPT
6/8/2017 8:20am
Animal Kingdom
brlatm
6/8/2017 9:52am
JB 19 wrote:
First season was awesome.

Animal Kingdom- Man trippy ass show, she has a very odd relationship with her "boys".
Nighttrain
6/8/2017 6:12pm
JB 19 wrote:
Yea, for sure that one this summer. "Fear the Walking Dead" started up again but it felt played out already. "Better Call Saul" has been good.

"Gomorrah" is wrapping up the 2nd season. I like that show. "Leftovers" ended just after I read about it on here and binged watched two seasons to get caught up.

I guess I'll check out "House of Cards" and the show about crack. It sucks that "Black Sails" and "Hell On Wheels" both ended plus "The Red Road" was cancelled.
brlatm
6/8/2017 6:29pm
Nighttrain wrote:
Yea, for sure that one this summer. "Fear the Walking Dead" started up again but it felt played out already. "Better Call Saul" has been good...
Yea, for sure that one this summer. "Fear the Walking Dead" started up again but it felt played out already. "Better Call Saul" has been good.

"Gomorrah" is wrapping up the 2nd season. I like that show. "Leftovers" ended just after I read about it on here and binged watched two seasons to get caught up.

I guess I'll check out "House of Cards" and the show about crack. It sucks that "Black Sails" and "Hell On Wheels" both ended plus "The Red Road" was cancelled.
House of Cards is good, I'm halfway thru the last season now. Black Sails I thought was pretty good as well, it seemed like they couldn't stay on track on the writing (which story to continue to tell).

BTW I was flying through DFW earlier in the week and was looking for space in the lounge for my wife and daughter, low and behold Geno Segers from the show Banshee (Chayton Littlestone) offered up his chair for us. That dude is enormous and his voice in real life is just as fucking deep.
sickboy3636
6/8/2017 6:33pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Alright so with all of the good shows having aired their season finale and in some cases series finale do you guys watch anything interesting during...
Alright so with all of the good shows having aired their season finale and in some cases series finale do you guys watch anything interesting during the summer months or do you take a break until fall.

I was looking forward to season 2/final season of Vice Principals on HBO but looks like that has been pushed back to sometime this fall.

I'll be checking out a new series called Snowfall that was suppose to air on Showtime but now appears to be airing on FX. It's about the early days of the crack cocaine epidemic in Los Angeles during the beginning of the 1980's. No idea how it's going to be because if I'm not mistaking FX doesn't allow any swearing on that channel and a story about crack cocaine without any foul language just wouldn't be believable in my opinion. That series premieres on July 5th.

The only other show I'm looking forward to is Ballers in HBO that going into it's 3rd seasona. That premieres on July 23rd.

What about you guys?
Good shows? There's still good shows on tv? No, I think you're having flashbacks.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/8/2017 6:56pm Edited Date/Time 6/8/2017 7:01pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Alright so with all of the good shows having aired their season finale and in some cases series finale do you guys watch anything interesting during...

What about you guys?
Good shows? There's still good shows on tv? No, I think you're having flashbacks.
Well I don't know. What do you consider good shows?
Cygnus
6/8/2017 7:30pm
another vote for Animal kingdom. Last night was good
Nighttrain
6/8/2017 7:46pm
It is sad that network sitcoms are going away. The list of great ones is very long.
JB 19
6/8/2017 10:16pm
JB 19 wrote:
Nighttrain wrote:
Yea, for sure that one this summer. "Fear the Walking Dead" started up again but it felt played out already. "Better Call Saul" has been good...

I'm a big fan of Better Call Saul.
GD2
Fantasy
815th
6/8/2017 10:47pm Edited Date/Time 6/8/2017 10:47pm
Nighttrain wrote:

I didn't even make it through the first season of Fear the Walking Dead. It's really not a good show, at all.

Hell on Wheels is still one of my favorite shows ever. It had some issues, sure, but it was a damn good show overall.

I plan on starting Black Sails soon, really looking forward to it.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/9/2017 12:24am
I really enjoyed Westworld. Can't wait for season 2.

Post a reply to: Summer TV Shows

The Latest