Straight Outta Compton

P
8/31/2015 8:31am
Uncle Tony wrote:
Back to my point P, east coast baby!!!!!!
Smile

P
G-man
8/31/2015 10:39am
Is that douchbag Kayne west in it to steal the show?

And I'm with a few of these others.
Rap is Crap imo.

Anytime pimps and ho' s are glamorous and you have lyrics like "F your mama in the azz! ", I wonder how this can be good for a 10 yr old to listen to.

Yea call me crazy--- guess I'm just old.

And P how do you know how true this story is?
You couldn't be much farther from Compton. Laughing

Have you ever driven thru the barrio, East LA or Compton?

There was a time if you drove down the wrong street you would get shot.
G-man
8/31/2015 10:41am
I'll wait till it's at the 2 dolla theatre or Netflix. Smile
P
8/31/2015 10:49am Edited Date/Time 8/31/2015 10:49am
Have you ever driven thru the barrio, East LA or Compton?

Yes.

...................and what does that have to do with the movie being good??? Dude, you sound like you have flown off the rocker and into the looney bin.

P

The Shop

G-man
8/31/2015 11:17am
Well you try to come off as gangsta. LoL

And you are correct I'm a rocker and Blues Rules!
Music with soul baaaaby. Smile
P
8/31/2015 12:31pm
G-man wrote:

When have I tried to come off as "gangsta"???

P
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
8/31/2015 1:06pm
G-man wrote:
I'll wait till it's at the 2 dolla theatre or Netflix. Smile
Or just steal it from piratbay like everyone else
G-man
8/31/2015 1:38pm Edited Date/Time 8/31/2015 2:31pm
G-man wrote:

P wrote:

P
Well just minutes ago you posted this, don't have time nor do I care to dig up more. ..

P wrote:
"The two in the middle holding the Monster logo are "bad bitches" and the chick on the left next to Mercedes............"

Case closed. Laughing
8/31/2015 4:38pm
Just watched a few of the trailors and some interviews with the cast........ Sick
Can someone please explain to me how people living a life like this (portrayed in the movie) is a benefit to a civil society?
And also explain how acting like this (the people in the movie) gets you anywhere in life?
I mean I really dont get it......everywhere there is crime, violence, more crime, destruction, guns&crime, vandalism....and just downright a shitty attitude! The movie should have renamed the band NWaS(hitty)A(ttitude)!

It looks like this movie is only meant to place some sort of blame on someone else as to why they live the kinds of lives they do. No ones to blame for it but themselves and the shithead role models who raise them into this thuggy criminal culture. And then are all pissed off and surprised when Johny law comes in and has to kick your fucking asses!

Ever think that if the people in these places ever started acting right that the cops would need to constantly have to come into the neighborhood? Probably not!

Doesnt look like anything good in this movie ...AT ALL! Pinch
JMHO
huck
9/1/2015 5:51am
Just watched a few of the trailors and some interviews with the cast........ :sick: Can someone please explain to me how people living a life like...
Just watched a few of the trailors and some interviews with the cast........ Sick
Can someone please explain to me how people living a life like this (portrayed in the movie) is a benefit to a civil society?
And also explain how acting like this (the people in the movie) gets you anywhere in life?
I mean I really dont get it......everywhere there is crime, violence, more crime, destruction, guns&crime, vandalism....and just downright a shitty attitude! The movie should have renamed the band NWaS(hitty)A(ttitude)!

It looks like this movie is only meant to place some sort of blame on someone else as to why they live the kinds of lives they do. No ones to blame for it but themselves and the shithead role models who raise them into this thuggy criminal culture. And then are all pissed off and surprised when Johny law comes in and has to kick your fucking asses!

Ever think that if the people in these places ever started acting right that the cops would need to constantly have to come into the neighborhood? Probably not!

JMHO
It got the 3 main people of this band a net worth of almost 1 billion dollars....

What I don't like about this type of movie, is it sensationalizes this type of behavior. Street thugs think they have a chance to be worth $600,000,000 like Dr. Dre...they just have to be 'harder' and more 'edgy'.
P
9/1/2015 6:09am
G-man wrote:

P wrote:

P
G-man wrote:
Well just minutes ago you posted this, don't have time nor do I care to dig up more. .. P wrote: "The two in the middle...
Well just minutes ago you posted this, don't have time nor do I care to dig up more. ..

P wrote:
"The two in the middle holding the Monster logo are "bad bitches" and the chick on the left next to Mercedes............"

Case closed. Laughing
If that makes me "trying to be gangsta", then 98% of this country is trying to be "gangsta". Using slang is of one form or another is generally done by most people.

P
P
9/1/2015 6:12am
Just watched a few of the trailors and some interviews with the cast........ :sick: Can someone please explain to me how people living a life like...

JMHO
huck wrote:
It got the 3 main people of this band a net worth of almost 1 billion dollars.... What I don't like about this type of movie...
It got the 3 main people of this band a net worth of almost 1 billion dollars....

What I don't like about this type of movie, is it sensationalizes this type of behavior. Street thugs think they have a chance to be worth $600,000,000 like Dr. Dre...they just have to be 'harder' and more 'edgy'.
The two guys that haven't seen the movie are the ones talking the most shit................I'm not surprised.

See the movie before you categorize someone as a "street" thug. Is it at all possible that most of the guys in the group were just guys from the ghetto that "pulled themselves up by their boot straps" and made it in America...................???

See the movie and then if you want to talk shit then talk shit, but don't go off clips and what other people have said.

P
huck
9/1/2015 6:29am

JMHO
huck wrote:
It got the 3 main people of this band a net worth of almost 1 billion dollars.... What I don't like about this type of movie...

P wrote:
The two guys that haven't seen the movie are the ones talking the most shit................I'm not surprised. See the movie before you categorize someone as a...
The two guys that haven't seen the movie are the ones talking the most shit................I'm not surprised.

See the movie before you categorize someone as a "street" thug. Is it at all possible that most of the guys in the group were just guys from the ghetto that "pulled themselves up by their boot straps" and made it in America...................???

See the movie and then if you want to talk shit then talk shit, but don't go off clips and what other people have said.

P
Don't assume I haven't seen it....

I stand by my statement that movies like this sensationalize the 'thug life' and acting hard.

I'm not 'talking shit' about anything. Just voicing my opinion. I give no fucks whether you like it or not.
9/1/2015 6:59am

JMHO
huck wrote:

P wrote:
The two guys that haven't seen the movie are the ones talking the most shit................I'm not surprised. See the movie before you categorize someone as a...

P
Oh dont worry I will eventually see it. And im pretty sure my opinion will stand.
The highlight scenes pretty much just shorten it all up. And the cast interviews just filled in all the blanks.

IMO...This type of shitty "gangsta music" glamorizes a way of life that is polluting the minds of the younger generations.

All this crap does is says "fuck the police and any other type of authority, its ok to be a criminal and no one should be able to kick your ass for it". This thug mentality against a civil society is getting sickening already.

Ever wonder what would happen if there were a band named "WWA"? Whistling

Question for you........Why do you think places "like" Compton exist?

P
9/1/2015 7:10am
huck wrote:

P wrote:

P
huck wrote:
Don't assume I haven't seen it.... I stand by my statement that movies like this sensationalize the 'thug life' and acting hard. I'm not 'talking shit'...
Don't assume I haven't seen it....

I stand by my statement that movies like this sensationalize the 'thug life' and acting hard.

I'm not 'talking shit' about anything. Just voicing my opinion. I give no fucks whether you like it or not.
And I disagree. It's telling a true story.

Have you seen it..............

P
P
9/1/2015 7:13am
huck wrote:

P wrote:

P
Oh dont worry I will eventually see it. And im pretty sure my opinion will stand. The highlight scenes pretty much just shorten it all up...
Oh dont worry I will eventually see it. And im pretty sure my opinion will stand.
The highlight scenes pretty much just shorten it all up. And the cast interviews just filled in all the blanks.

IMO...This type of shitty "gangsta music" glamorizes a way of life that is polluting the minds of the younger generations.

All this crap does is says "fuck the police and any other type of authority, its ok to be a criminal and no one should be able to kick your ass for it". This thug mentality against a civil society is getting sickening already.

Don't be an idiot and go into it with an "expectation". Go in with and open mind.

P
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
9/1/2015 7:18am
Oh dont worry I will eventually see it. And im pretty sure my opinion will stand. The highlight scenes pretty much just shorten it all up...

Are you saying you agree with the people who blame rap music for street violence and blame metal music for mass shootings because the reject had a Slayer song playing in his car before he shot a few people?
9/1/2015 7:57am
Its a great story and with or without NWA the issues in urban America would still be there. I wish it would have been a little less biased. The let Dre and Cube have editorial control which is why Dre's assault on a female incident was left out. Art, film, literature, and music are a social commentaries on the issues going on in society to say social problems are a result of the art that is commentating on them is silly. That is like saying the Godfather or the old James Cagney movies are the reason we have organized crime.
9/1/2015 8:22am
I'll watch it when it hits Netflix.

For the record, I use the slang "bad bitches" all the time when I'm hangin with my homies.

well...I also say "Bitches cannot hold their smoke, dat's what it is."
9/1/2015 9:21am

seth505 wrote:
Are you saying you agree with the people who blame rap music for street violence and blame metal music for mass shootings because the reject had...
Are you saying you agree with the people who blame rap music for street violence and blame metal music for mass shootings because the reject had a Slayer song playing in his car before he shot a few people?
Oh im sorry....I forgot to not blame "ALL" rap music! my bad!Whistling

And are you saying that music doesnt "influence" people? Good or bad?Really?(especially young people)
P
9/1/2015 9:27am

seth505 wrote:
Are you saying you agree with the people who blame rap music for street violence and blame metal music for mass shootings because the reject had...

And are you saying that music doesnt "influence" people? Good or bad?Really?(especially young people)
I'm just going to tell you before his reply, you just dropped your hands...................

P
9/1/2015 9:36am
To fuckin bad! Not everyone likes that shit. nor do we want our kids hearing it either.!
All that "most" cRAPers talk about is telling their story..... of their past.....and why their all pissed off about it!...boo fuckin hoo! get over it! Id like to hear em RAP about putting the guns down and go get a goddamb real job!

seth505
Fantasy
1271st
9/1/2015 9:37am

seth505 wrote:

People are influenced by many things, sure. If a person uses music/lyrics as a reason they committed a crime then they were too young/stupid/deranged to listen to music and should probably be locked up. Either way, it's not the artists fault.

Ignorant people paint metal groups with this satanic/killing friendly brush for the same reason people get offended at comics, they don't realize that the lyrics can be a story and not necessarily the writers personal beliefs.
9/1/2015 10:57am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2015 10:58am
People are influenced by many things, sure. If a person uses music/lyrics as a reason they committed a crime then they were too young/stupid/deranged to listen to music and should probably be locked up. Either way, it's not the artists fault.
Yes, I 100% agree with this!
But what about the singer? If they are out there "rapping" dat shit.......are they then to "young/stupid/deranged" also? Because it sure as hell sounds like it if they are trying to sell it to them.

Ignorant people paint metal groups with this satanic/killing friendly brush for the same reason people get offended at comics, they don't realize that the lyrics can be a story and not necessarily the writers personal beliefs.

Would you agree music is far more influential than a comic book?
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
9/1/2015 11:09am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2015 12:11pm

JMHO
huck wrote:

P wrote:

P
So what you are saying is anyone regardless of color anyone can make it in America. Interesting.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
9/1/2015 11:10am
[b]People are influenced by many things, sure. If a person uses music/lyrics as a reason they committed a crime then they were too young/stupid/deranged to listen...
But what about the singer? If they are out there "rapping" dat shit.......are they then to "young/stupid/deranged" also? Because it sure as hell sounds like it if they are trying to sell it to them.

On your first point, what about the singer? There are lyrics, rap or whatever other genre, that speak in the first person about killing. It doesn't mean they killed someone. So no, they are not automatically deranged.

I don't necessarily agree that music is more influential than comic books but it could be based on it's popularity in general.
P
9/1/2015 11:13am
huck wrote:

P wrote:

P
Crash82 wrote:
So what you are saying is anyone regardless of color anyone can make it in America. Interesting.
When have I ever said that a person's race prevents them from being successful in America?

P
P
9/1/2015 11:20am
[b]People are influenced by many things, sure. If a person uses music/lyrics as a reason they committed a crime then they were too young/stupid/deranged to listen...

What do you think has more impact on a community a comic book, a song, or cops forcing young men to lie face down on the pavement in cuffs for no other reason than they are a certain skin color?

What do you think has more impact on a community a comic book, a song, or the government flooding lower income communities with drugs just so that some rogue military officers can buy guns to fight a war?

P
huck
9/1/2015 12:08pm

P wrote:
What do you think has more impact on a community a comic book, a song, or cops forcing young men to lie face down on the...
What do you think has more impact on a community a comic book, a song, or cops forcing young men to lie face down on the pavement in cuffs for no other reason than they are a certain skin color?

What do you think has more impact on a community a comic book, a song, or the government flooding lower income communities with drugs just so that some rogue military officers can buy guns to fight a war?

P
What do you think has more impact on a community, a comic book, a song, or fucking idiots (including several leaders of the black community) blaming everybody for their shortcomings, including the 'government' and conspiracy theories...
9/1/2015 12:18pm
For no other reason than skin color huh?

I think you like many many others drink to much of the koolaid the media serves you son.
No doubt it HAS happened but theres no way you can possibly justify whats going on against innocent cops (and whites) because of a rogue few!
The exact same thing you and so many others preach of when a thug caps an innocent police officer (or white person)!

What do you think has more impact on a community a comic book, a song, or the government flooding lower income communities with drugs just so that some rogue military officers can buy guns to fight a war?Huh
OH the gubbamint did it huh? Poured the shit right up their noses too I bet huh? So is Obummer guilty of this then too? I mean being an ex druggie himself from his college days and all I would think he would be a great supplier now a days, correct?

Post a reply to: Straight Outta Compton

The Latest