Straight Outta Compton

P
Edited Date/Time 9/2/2015 5:18pm
If you haven't seen it you should. It's an excellent movie.

P
|
XXVoid MainXX
8/27/2015 8:22pm
Funny! I actually saw it on the torrents last night and almost downloaded it but I think there was only a cam version which is why I didn't (yet). Wonder if Lenny is in it? Smile
S.Loyer
8/28/2015 4:40am
Really worth seeing in a theatre.

First time I have said that in 10 years.
peelout
8/28/2015 9:04am
i've been trying to stay away from it because the trailers make it look like Hip-Hop meets the Disney channel... but that's probably just my take on the trailers.

i've heard a LOT of praise for it though and being a big fan of Dre and Cube i'll have to check it out soon
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
8/28/2015 10:09am
I thought it was good but not great. Worth seeing, and they rep the Raiders even more than I do.

The Shop

newmann
8/28/2015 10:17am
Don't think I have been to a movie since Titanic.
8/28/2015 10:34am
I was introduced to NWA somewhere around 1989. Always hated rap music until my roommate put in a cassette of Easy Earlin' in the parkin' lot.

if you own the dick, why you drop to your knees.
MR. X
8/28/2015 10:37am
newmann wrote:
The movie or since it sank ? Laughing
huck
8/28/2015 11:17am
Heard from a few people that it seemed long and drawn out..and would be better on DVD. I was bummed, because I was looking forward to it.
motosmith
8/28/2015 11:40am
The first rap album I ever heard and my friends and I played it a million times. I loved the movie. I thought it was well done.
newmann
8/28/2015 12:15pm
newmann wrote:
MR. X wrote:
The movie or since it sank ? Laughing
Either.Laughing
Uncle Tony
8/28/2015 1:21pm
Not gonna see it, gotta stay true to my east coast roots, besides BIGGIE is probably turning over in his grave, we miss you BIG PAPPA!!!!
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
8/28/2015 1:26pm
Only rap songs I ever new all the words to. Actually I couldn't name a single rap song these days.
71Fish
8/28/2015 3:45pm
I have no way to prove it, but I'm sure me and my best friend growing up were the only white kid in Minneapolis listening to NWA in the 80s. We thought Ice T and Kool Mo Dee were something crazy until we heard NWA.
SF45
8/28/2015 5:23pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2015 5:24pm
Enjoyed it. Heard based on the box office we should expect more rap movies. Nah man, they did it first. Don't copycat!

Good movie.
Hut
8/28/2015 6:51pm
SF45 wrote:
Enjoyed it. Heard based on the box office we should expect more rap movies. Nah man, they did it first. Don't copycat!

Good movie.
I haven't seen it yet but looking forward to it. 8 mile and Notorious came first and they were both decent.
Hustle and Flow is fictional but it was a great movie also.

That said, I'm a rocker, dude through and through.
Vet57
8/29/2015 3:08am
Will they be playing any Lynyrd Skynyrd in the movie?
FREE BIRD!!!
lestat
8/30/2015 7:35am
SF45 wrote:

Good movie.
Lol ... You're telling Hollywood not to copycat ? Good luck with that one ...
4stroke4DWIN
8/31/2015 6:25am
Excellent movie, my kids didn't really know any of the back story. I play some NWA on the boat every now and again. So we went to see it, really good and I noticed my kids have downloaded some songs to their phones lol. Back in the day that was as close as U.S. Suburban white kids were gonna get to gangsta.
P
8/31/2015 6:40am
huck wrote:
Heard from a few people that it seemed long and drawn out..and would be better on DVD. I was bummed, because I was looking forward to...
Heard from a few people that it seemed long and drawn out..and would be better on DVD. I was bummed, because I was looking forward to it.
Lol!! Better on DVD!! Somebody lied to you. It's not just a movie, it's a motion picture. It's far and above the Biggie movie or 8 Mile or Get Rich or Die Trying (not to diss those movies because they were good). The acting is exceptional, the cinematography is A+ and the authenticity in the sets is second to none. From the clips it looked like it might be a movie of the week kind of movie, but I was COMPLETELY wrong. As some have stated above it's the kind of motion picture that even people that aren't into Hip Hop will like.

Uncle Tony, I'm an East Coast/South kind of guy when it comes to Hip Hop and I believe that even Biggie would have given this movie props.

P
huck
8/31/2015 6:42am
huck wrote:
Heard from a few people that it seemed long and drawn out..and would be better on DVD. I was bummed, because I was looking forward to...
P wrote:
Lol!! Better on DVD!! Somebody lied to you. It's not just a movie, it's a motion picture. It's far and above the Biggie movie or 8...
Lol!! Better on DVD!! Somebody lied to you. It's not just a movie, it's a motion picture. It's far and above the Biggie movie or 8 Mile or Get Rich or Die Trying (not to diss those movies because they were good). The acting is exceptional, the cinematography is A+ and the authenticity in the sets is second to none. From the clips it looked like it might be a movie of the week kind of movie, but I was COMPLETELY wrong. As some have stated above it's the kind of motion picture that even people that aren't into Hip Hop will like.

Uncle Tony, I'm an East Coast/South kind of guy when it comes to Hip Hop and I believe that even Biggie would have given this movie props.

P
I'll have to check it out. I can't stand Biggie and wouldn't waste $0.01 on anything that was about him...but I liked 8 mile and Get Rich....
P
8/31/2015 6:56am
huck wrote:
P wrote:
Lol!! Better on DVD!! Somebody lied to you. It's not just a movie, it's a motion picture. It's far and above the Biggie movie or 8...

P
huck wrote:
I'll have to check it out. I can't stand Biggie and wouldn't waste $0.01 on anything that was about him...but I liked 8 mile and Get...
I'll have to check it out. I can't stand Biggie and wouldn't waste $0.01 on anything that was about him...but I liked 8 mile and Get Rich....
You won't regret it.

P
Uncle Tony
8/31/2015 7:06am Edited Date/Time 8/31/2015 7:07am
I was only joking P, all that stuff was before my time, although I was a fan of big daddy Kane, and KRSONE lived in my building, and got to speak to him often, very nice guy, never got pissed at me when I called him chuck D
P
8/31/2015 7:25am
KRSONE!! Legend in Hip-Hop!! :-) BTW, Big Daddy Kane lives in NC now! ;-)

P
Uncle Tony
8/31/2015 7:32am
Yeah he's cool guy, we lived at Christopher and Greenwich st in the west village, I was to break his chops a lot and call him chuck D, he just used to laugh at me, he musta thought I was a crazy white guy!! What's big daddy doing in N.C.? Don't tell me he's like a preacher or something?
P
8/31/2015 7:39am
Uncle Tony wrote:
Yeah he's cool guy, we lived at Christopher and Greenwich st in the west village, I was to break his chops a lot and call him...
Yeah he's cool guy, we lived at Christopher and Greenwich st in the west village, I was to break his chops a lot and call him chuck D, he just used to laugh at me, he musta thought I was a crazy white guy!! What's big daddy doing in N.C.? Don't tell me he's like a preacher or something?
Ha ha!!

He lives in Durham and still performs. NC is just a nice place to live!! :-) Biggie used to run in Durham too before he was rapping. He actually stayed with my home girl for a couple of weeks one time. They just used to call him Big Chris back then. She didn't even know that he could rap. LL lived in Charlotte for quite a few years and Fat Joe used to hang out in my home town sometimes. He had peoples in the area. A girl that I went to college with knew him from NYC and he would kick it with her sometimes too.

P
P
8/31/2015 7:42am
Uncle Tony wrote:
Yeah he's cool guy, we lived at Christopher and Greenwich st in the west village, I was to break his chops a lot and call him...
P wrote:
Ha ha!! He lives in Durham and still performs. NC is just a nice place to live!! :-) Biggie used to run in Durham too before...
Ha ha!!

He lives in Durham and still performs. NC is just a nice place to live!! :-) Biggie used to run in Durham too before he was rapping. He actually stayed with my home girl for a couple of weeks one time. They just used to call him Big Chris back then. She didn't even know that he could rap. LL lived in Charlotte for quite a few years and Fat Joe used to hang out in my home town sometimes. He had peoples in the area. A girl that I went to college with knew him from NYC and he would kick it with her sometimes too.

P
And oh, Jay-Z has NC ties too. He was in a group called Original Flava back in the day and one of the guys in the group was from Greensboro. When Rock-a-fella records started that took that guy with them and he produced some songs on Jay-Z's first two or three albums. I remember him having a concert when I was in college and I was like "who the fuck wants to see Jay-Z"!! Lol!!

P
Uncle Tony
8/31/2015 7:53am
P while I know all these names, I remember Fat joe, and I know LL flavor flav, and chuck D all hail from Long Island, it's was not my style of music plus I was a little older, I did listen to Public enemy and liked them a lot, and after meeting KRS did listen to his stuff, very smart man, I think griff from Public became like a conspiracy theorist?
P
8/31/2015 8:11am
Uncle Tony wrote:
P while I know all these names, I remember Fat joe, and I know LL flavor flav, and chuck D all hail from Long Island, it's...
P while I know all these names, I remember Fat joe, and I know LL flavor flav, and chuck D all hail from Long Island, it's was not my style of music plus I was a little older, I did listen to Public enemy and liked them a lot, and after meeting KRS did listen to his stuff, very smart man, I think griff from Public became like a conspiracy theorist?
I know that Professor Griff and Public Enemy had some falling out. I wouldn't doubt the conspiracy theorist deal. A girl that I went to college with is Chuck D's niece one time. I went with her to one of his concerts one time because my boy couldn't go and we go to go back stage. Griff and the other security team were prrrrrretty hard. I was nervous the whole time that I was going to get jacked up!! Lol!!

P

Post a reply to: Straight Outta Compton

The Latest