Steve Miller rant at r&r hof

hillbilly
Edited Date/Time 4/15/2016 11:47pm
I just heard it,epic.

See if it is around,if ones of you finds it post it up.
|
tunedlength
4/11/2016 8:27pm

Steve Miller should be grateful they honored is overrated work.

The Shop

Hut
4/11/2016 8:46pm
No way dude Steve Miller Band kicks ass
Hut
4/11/2016 8:59pm
Motogrady won this one when he posted that Mercury Blues link. She know'd he had a mercury. . . Cool
motogrady
4/12/2016 8:02am

...........somebody get me a CHEESEburger.............heeeeey hey.........
peelout
4/12/2016 9:18am
i like some of their stuff a lot, others not so much.

my ex had a serious woman-boner for Steve Miller Band though, so that shit got played out so bad that i have a hard time listening to much more than a single song now. she did that with Journey too, now i can't fucking stand Journey
tunedlength
4/13/2016 10:06pm
I think you or somebody on your behalf can buy a nomination in the RRHOF.
Just like a star on Hollywood Blvd.
It's the only logical explanation.
Joan Jett before Deep Purple Really?
The Rock
4/14/2016 12:34am
Joni Mitchell declined attending for her award.
Mr. G
4/14/2016 4:26pm
Neal said that Alex had an approved speech but without telling anyone he skipped it and did this.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/14/2016 4:52pm
The Rock wrote:
And we can thank her for that. When you think rock 'n roll, I'm guessing you don't think, "I'm gonna rock out to some Joni Mitchell."

I stopped in at the museum in Cleveland a year or so ago. There's a cool mix of stuff in there, from roots to present-day.
Jimmy_Sloan
4/14/2016 6:21pm

Lot's of people like Steve Miller. Just because it's not your thing doesn't mean it's bad or overrated.
The Rock
4/14/2016 6:37pm
The Rock wrote:
GuyB wrote:
And we can thank her for that. When you think rock 'n roll, I'm guessing you don't think, "I'm gonna rock out to some Joni Mitchell."...
And we can thank her for that. When you think rock 'n roll, I'm guessing you don't think, "I'm gonna rock out to some Joni Mitchell."

I stopped in at the museum in Cleveland a year or so ago. There's a cool mix of stuff in there, from roots to present-day.
True but I'm guessing you missed Joni's 1983 release wild things run fast. Here is the title track

http://youtu.be/rJnIY8UFoYg?list=PL_jrKrBTmTmBWQlSLHVzATri4b9QsaFPv

Also You Dream Flat Tires rocks out

http://youtu.be/WzpDFB9MVuA?list=PL_jrKrBTmTmBWQlSLHVzATri4b9QsaFPv

Joni has influenced many artists over the years and Prince said Hissing of Summer Lawns had a big impact on his music. It was great seeing her honored with a lifetime achievement award back in 1999. I've had the good fortune of talking to her twice. Huge fan
tunedlength
4/14/2016 8:07pm

Lot's of people like Steve Miller. Just because it's not your thing doesn't mean it's bad or overrated.
I'm sure if you looked hard enough you could find somebody who likes the Ebola virus too.
Jimmy_Sloan
4/14/2016 8:30pm

I'm sure if you looked hard enough you could find somebody who likes the Ebola virus too.
But you would not find millions, and millions of people have bought Steve Miller records.
APLMAN99
4/14/2016 9:05pm

I like Steve Miller a lot, but I have to admit that I don't think he's an automatic hall of famer by any means. He's got somewhat of a cult following going, but I'm not sold on his contributions to advancing the art or largely influencing a large number of artists.

tunedlength
4/14/2016 9:26pm
Its funny when I have this light hearted debate about the phenomenally overrated Steve Miller,
My friends will eventually bring up his pedigree (the Less Paul connection)
I have to explain that they are not helping their case when they bring up the fact that he was raised around musical greatness and this is how he turned out?
Jimmy_Sloan
4/14/2016 9:36pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2016 9:41pm

APLMAN99 wrote:
I like Steve Miller a lot, but I have to admit that I don't think he's an automatic hall of famer by any means. He's got...
I like Steve Miller a lot, but I have to admit that I don't think he's an automatic hall of famer by any means. He's got somewhat of a cult following going, but I'm not sold on his contributions to advancing the art or largely influencing a large number of artists.

I wasn't arguing for or against his merits on being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (though I would argue that he belongs there), just replying to the musical elitist who seems to think that his personal likes and dislikes speaks volumes about good and bad music. I am sure he just is having fun, but he's pissing me off for some reason! Smile
tunedlength
4/14/2016 9:59pm
Sorry if I struck a nerve here Sloan (not really) but SM's music sounds as if it was written by a three year old.
A below average three year old at that.
Once time has removed us from the payolla radio scheme of the 80's and the repetitive auditory abuse we were all subjected to any reasonable person would come to the same conclusion.
He was a hack.
Jimmy_Sloan
4/14/2016 11:19pm
Sorry if I struck a nerve here Sloan (not really) but SM's music sounds as if it was written by a three year old. A below...
Sorry if I struck a nerve here Sloan (not really) but SM's music sounds as if it was written by a three year old.
Once time has removed us from the payolla radio scheme of the 80's and the repetitive auditory abuse we were all subjected to any reasonable person would come to the same conclusion.
He was a hack.
Yes, indeed. You played me pretty good there, but I got the hint at the Hitler comment, buddy. GrinningGrinning
4/15/2016 6:00am
$10,000 for a ticket for each of his band mates? The rock n roll Hall of Fame sounds a lot like the AMA. No one is really sure what they do but they collect a lot of money.
motogrady
4/15/2016 6:40am
Sorry if I struck a nerve here Sloan (not really) but SM's music sounds as if it was written by a three year old. A below...
He was a hack.
Laughing

No offense, but I kinda disagree with everything you say.

No 3 year old is gonna come up with a Fly Like an Eagle.

The 70s, the 80s, fuck, that was almost 40 years ago.
His music has yet to be removed, in fact it has endured.

Auditory abuse, ha, every band back then went off on some kind of solo for half a side of an album, nothing new there.
In that regard, Miller was one of the least offensive.

And as a reasonable person, I take offense you think you know how and or what conclusion I would come to.
As a matter of fact I find your post, at the very least a bit pompous, and somewhat condescending .
If I did not consider myself somewhat a gentleman, I'd tell you to shut the fuck up, but I won't, because I do.

Sorry for the rant guy, no offense given, as I'm sure you'd like to get back to your complete collection of Justin Bieber and the like.

Jimmy_Sloan
4/15/2016 7:28am
He was a hack.
motogrady wrote:
:laugh: No offense, but I kinda disagree with everything you say. No 3 year old is gonna come up with a Fly Like an Eagle. The...
Laughing

No offense, but I kinda disagree with everything you say.

No 3 year old is gonna come up with a Fly Like an Eagle.

The 70s, the 80s, fuck, that was almost 40 years ago.
His music has yet to be removed, in fact it has endured.

Auditory abuse, ha, every band back then went off on some kind of solo for half a side of an album, nothing new there.
In that regard, Miller was one of the least offensive.

And as a reasonable person, I take offense you think you know how and or what conclusion I would come to.
As a matter of fact I find your post, at the very least a bit pompous, and somewhat condescending .
If I did not consider myself somewhat a gentleman, I'd tell you to shut the fuck up, but I won't, because I do.

Sorry for the rant guy, no offense given, as I'm sure you'd like to get back to your complete collection of Justin Bieber and the like.

GrinningGrinning

Post a reply to: Steve Miller rant at r&r hof

The Latest