Speaking of concert venues, tours, artists, etc.....

APLMAN99
Edited Date/Time 9/13/2015 7:27pm
Heading out in a few hours to the Gorge to see the Foo Fighters on the second show of their latest North American tour. Should be awesome! Last night they were in Vancouver BC and the set list looked really good. I'm thinking they may have a few "local" guests show up tonight, but I believe Gary Clarke Jr. is supposed to be with them so that might be all the "extra" they have. Still wouldn't be surprised to see a few of the Seattle area artists from their Sonic Highways episode make some cameos.
|
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
9/12/2015 11:55pm
That place is almost as good as Red Rocks in CO. You can't beat the acoustics at R.R., but the scenery at the Gorge is equally epic. And you got to see The Foo Fighters.

Excellent!!
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
9/12/2015 11:57pm
And I just ate a Honeycrisp apple.Thank you for those...
Old-Man
9/13/2015 12:43am
Foo Fighters could play out of a 55 Gal. drum and still rock the place.....one band I have yet to see live.
Bet you had a good time?

The Shop

APLMAN99
9/13/2015 3:38am
Just got into Seattle (Queen Anne) about 20 minutes ago, headed straight over after the show. It was a great time. Gary Clark Jr. is a Bad Mutha Fuckah on the guitar! I wasn't sure if the blues sound would be as good as it was at that venue, but he sounded great. I'd seen the Jon Hiatt/SRV/Robert Cray lineup at the Gorge many years ago and while they were all good, only SRV was great. Clark definitely was impressive, even if his set was a bit too short.

The stage change took forever before the Foo Fighters began to play, probably because of that monstrous chair and the tracks that it moves on. Gotta hand it to Grohl, most multimillionaire musicians would have probably cancelled and rescheduled if they had that sort of injury, but he seems really sincere in his desire to just play as much music to as many people as possible.

If you've been to a Foo Fighters show before, you'll probably really like this tour. If you haven't been to a Foo Fighters show before, there's a pretty good chance you'll really like this one too. Maybe even more than those of us who've seen them several times.

Grohl stood up a couple of times, so maybe he's getting close to being done with the cast and even the chair. I think the chair really slowed things down a bit, even though he was still more energetic than 95% of the artists you usually see. It just felt like something was lacking and that they couldn't improvise like they seem to have in the past.

I'd still rate the show in my top 10, but it didn't come close to dislodging their acoustic tour show for me, and might have been overall a bit better than the tour supporting Echoes Silence Patience and Grace, but I wish they could have incorporated a small acoustic set into it like they did for that tour.

Definitely worth going to see, and I'd see them again on this tour if I'm traveling and they are close by.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
9/13/2015 10:28am
I saw them in STL with Royal Blood a couple weeks ago, awesome show! Dave played My Hero on acoustic, with the new keyboard player accompanying him with an accordion. Pretty cool.
APLMAN99
9/13/2015 2:43pm
avidchimp wrote:
And I just ate a Honeycrisp apple.Thank you for those...
Unbelievable, aren't they? I hate paying for apples, I've always been able to get so many of them for free that it skewed my value of most of them. Even fresh Gala apples were tough for me to pay over 99 cents a pound for. But whatever the asking price at the store is for Honeycrisp, I'll pay it. I'm hoping that they don't get too overproduced because a lot of small farmers are really counting on the price not taking a complete nosedive on them. They are hard (and expensive!) to grow, so the return needs to be there to make them viable.
Bob693
9/13/2015 3:28pm
One of the bands I haven't seen that I want to. Thanks for the review.
SF45
9/13/2015 7:27pm
That's a very cool venue!

Post a reply to: Speaking of concert venues, tours, artists, etc.....

The Latest