So who got the iPhone 6?

enketchum
9/22/2014 11:09am Edited Date/Time 9/22/2014 11:10am
LLOYD22 wrote:
I prefer to own a phone that isnt a piece of shit virus infested in 3 months like the droids. Apple 2 years behind? lol thats...
I prefer to own a phone that isnt a piece of shit virus infested in 3 months like the droids. Apple 2 years behind? lol thats comical! Everyone follow apple not the other way around! Im sure samsung would have killed to sell 10 million phones on opening day! They wont becuase of the operating system and apple being unsecure? Why dont they get spamware and viruses all the time then? Do your homework before you bash on anything apple, they sell more with one product than all the others do combined!
You're right, it is very comical that Apple hardware is two years behind the current flagships. It is true. Look at the specs. Everyone follows Apple and not the other way around? So you will buy whatever Apple sells even though they aren't following you to see what the people want? Samsung doesn't need to sell 10 million devices on the first day. They sell based on word of mouth after people have them in hand. Android devices don't get spamware and viruses all by themselves. Users make that happen.

And, finally, that last sentence is very, very untrue. You should do your homework first

http://www.businessinsider.com/iphone-v-android-market-share-2014-5

In Q4 2013, according to research firm IDC, Google's Android mobile operating system had a 78% share of all users globally. Apple's iOS had just 18%. Now, IDC predicts that in 2014 Android will claim 80.2% of users and only 14.8% will be on Apple's iOS system. Mobile app revenue is growing faster on Android than Apple, also, according to Distimo. It's the same situation — Android growing faster — in mobile ads, according to Opera Mediaworks.

LLOYD22
9/22/2014 11:24am
In the us, apple sells just under 50% of all smartphones sold which means one company (apple) sells just as much as samsung, LG, HTC, and all the rest of them combined. All the others have to fight for the rest of the pie, ive had them both and after having the droids (HTC,SAMSUNG,LG) just to name a few ive had they are all junk on performance and life. Im not the only one to say this and again this is my personal opinion, you clearly are a droid guy, ive been on both sides of the fence and i wont have anything in my home accept apple products as they have never let me down.
enketchum
9/22/2014 11:28am
LLOYD22 wrote:
In the us, apple sells just under 50% of all smartphones sold which means one company (apple) sells just as much as samsung, LG, HTC, and...
In the us, apple sells just under 50% of all smartphones sold which means one company (apple) sells just as much as samsung, LG, HTC, and all the rest of them combined. All the others have to fight for the rest of the pie, ive had them both and after having the droids (HTC,SAMSUNG,LG) just to name a few ive had they are all junk on performance and life. Im not the only one to say this and again this is my personal opinion, you clearly are a droid guy, ive been on both sides of the fence and i wont have anything in my home accept apple products as they have never let me down.
Please provide evidence to back the 50% statement. I have provided you with mine

The Shop

LLOYD22
9/22/2014 12:39pm
42.7 one phone (apple)
52 % multiple phones (samsung,htc,lg,sony,etc)
huck
9/22/2014 12:52pm
LLOYD22 wrote:
42.7 one phone (apple)
So then...Apples doesn't sell more, "than all others combined"... Wink

level
9/22/2014 1:59pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2014 2:01pm
Apple has a very unique and successful business model. They make the hardware and the operating system and nobody else can use there operating system.

What this does is prevents fragmentation so you get the same user experience on every iPhone.

They can also get by with less specs such as only 1gb of ram instead of a Android phone that might need 2gb to run the same. The hardware and software work together wonderfully.

Apple also creates a very good operating system that is easy for most people and flows very well and integrates beautifully.

The downsides are:
Less customization but for most it's not a huge issue since you can actually tweak the settings quite a bit but just not as much as a droid.

I think IOS8 was a downgrade. I didn't like that they removed the physical cues in the menus such as a button wrapped around and instead just have text now. My daughter used to see and remember those buttons for it was a visual cue now it's harder for her to navigate because of that. They made it more simplistic design which I am not a huge fan of.

I have a top of the line Droid phone-Note 3 and my old iPhone was snappier and quicker but I really do like the bigger size, nicer screen, the customization, 4k video, etc.

In the last few years I really feel that Android is a step ahead of iPhone where that was not the case before. The main thing is Android phones are made by so many different manufacturers that you just have more choices. Doesn't make it better but for example Samsung can put 4k video in the Note 3 but you won't have it in the HTC one or Samsung S4. So you just have more choices to fit your needs with Droid where you are just tied to one thing with iPhone.

I have noticed that Apple is late to the party on many features that Droid has had for years but Droid rolls them out very fast and each manufacturer has different selling points to market there phones differently.

They are both great and I love Apples business model. I like the fact they control the hardware and software so you get the same experience. With a PC you can buy a Dell and it might be a piece of shit compared to an HP but they both run Windows 8 but you may have two completely different experiences.
You don't run into that problem with Apple.
SEE ARE125
9/22/2014 2:15pm
I think some of you are trying to compare apples and oranges.
9/22/2014 3:28pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
I think some of you are trying to compare apples and oranges.
All the arguments seem fruity to me.
9/22/2014 4:05pm
enketchum wrote:
You're right, it is very comical that Apple hardware is two years behind the current flagships. It is true. Look at the specs. Everyone follows Apple...
You're right, it is very comical that Apple hardware is two years behind the current flagships. It is true. Look at the specs. Everyone follows Apple and not the other way around? So you will buy whatever Apple sells even though they aren't following you to see what the people want? Samsung doesn't need to sell 10 million devices on the first day. They sell based on word of mouth after people have them in hand. Android devices don't get spamware and viruses all by themselves. Users make that happen.

And, finally, that last sentence is very, very untrue. You should do your homework first

In Q4 2013, according to research firm IDC, Google's Android mobile operating system had a 78% share of all users globally. Apple's iOS had just 18%. Now, IDC predicts that in 2014 Android will claim 80.2% of users and only 14.8% will be on Apple's iOS system. Mobile app revenue is growing faster on Android than Apple, also, according to Distimo. It's the same situation — Android growing faster — in mobile ads, according to Opera Mediaworks.

Here's the problem with that graph...

Your comparing every android based phone to a singe iPhone. Take any single android phone by itself and you don't end up with the same creative numbers as you see in that graph.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1823rd
9/22/2014 4:34pm
I got the 4s and I like it. But I like my MacBook and iPad mini as well. I feel like a whore for apple. Thought I got a real good deal on my iPad.
enketchum
9/22/2014 4:50pm
LLOYD22 wrote:
42.7 one phone (apple)
huck wrote:

It's OK, he wasn't taught how to read circle graphs in school. Or actually, how to compare two quantities......
enketchum
9/22/2014 4:51pm
enketchum wrote:
You're right, it is very comical that Apple hardware is two years behind the current flagships. It is true. Look at the specs. Everyone follows Apple...

Here's the problem with that graph... Your comparing every android based phone to a singe iPhone. Take any single android phone by itself and you don't...

Your comparing every android based phone to a singe iPhone. Take any single android phone by itself and you don't end up with the same creative numbers as you see in that graph.
That is the graph he was talking about. He said COMPARED TO ALL THE OTHERS COMBINED.

That is all the others combined
9/22/2014 6:53pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2014 7:10pm
LLOYD22 wrote:
i bought the 6 plus and had mixed emotions on it at first and was actually gunna take it back and the the regular 6. After...
i bought the 6 plus and had mixed emotions on it at first and was actually gunna take it back and the the regular 6. After a few days of messing with it Im glad i stuck with the plus, i will intially shock you on its size but quickly grows on you and no i dont even notice it in my pocket anymore because it feels pretty light. I will never own another droid piece of junk again.
You'll just own a phone whose company has no problems with gathering and saving information about you. Apple's are overpriced and two years out of date...
You'll just own a phone whose company has no problems with gathering and saving information about you. Apple's are overpriced and two years out of date. Some of you people make me laugh.
LLOYD22 wrote:
I prefer to own a phone that isnt a piece of shit virus infested in 3 months like the droids. Apple 2 years behind? lol thats...
I prefer to own a phone that isnt a piece of shit virus infested in 3 months like the droids. Apple 2 years behind? lol thats comical! Everyone follow apple not the other way around! Im sure samsung would have killed to sell 10 million phones on opening day! They wont becuase of the operating system and apple being unsecure? Why dont they get spamware and viruses all the time then? Do your homework before you bash on anything apple, they sell more with one product than all the others do combined!
Selling has nothing to do with with security.
LLOYD22
9/22/2014 7:14pm
Lol your obviously a child "dipshit" android is the most unsafe operating system I won't argue with dumb. Hackers prey on people like you, I'll stick with my trusty Apple products, as a matter of fact I'm gunna go buy another computer from them just to have a full line of Apple products in my home. Wish they had tv sets Cuz I would buy one of them, as a matter of fact if they had underwear I would wear them, if they made a truck I would buy it, if they made shoes I would own three pair. It's just weird nobody has an antivirus for Apple weird I don't need it. Oh yeah one last thing asshole my yz250 two stroke would smoke your ass anyday in a drag race down a gravel road bub!
LLOYD22
9/22/2014 7:16pm
You edited your post now I feel terrible about my post! F vitalmx!
LLOYD22
9/22/2014 7:19pm
LLOYD22 wrote:
42.7 one phone (apple)
huck wrote:

enketchum wrote:
It's OK, he wasn't taught how to read circle graphs in school. Or actually, how to compare two quantities......
Where I grew up we didn't believe in school,cars,hookers,alcohol, or circle graphs. We made our own electricity, killed our food with our bare hands, and rode bears just BC we could!
9/22/2014 7:19pm
LLOYD22 wrote:
Lol your obviously a child "dipshit" android is the most unsafe operating system I won't argue with dumb. Hackers prey on people like you, I'll stick...
Lol your obviously a child "dipshit" android is the most unsafe operating system I won't argue with dumb. Hackers prey on people like you, I'll stick with my trusty Apple products, as a matter of fact I'm gunna go buy another computer from them just to have a full line of Apple products in my home. Wish they had tv sets Cuz I would buy one of them, as a matter of fact if they had underwear I would wear them, if they made a truck I would buy it, if they made shoes I would own three pair. It's just weird nobody has an antivirus for Apple weird I don't need it. Oh yeah one last thing asshole my yz250 two stroke would smoke your ass anyday in a drag race down a gravel road bub!
Apple, the MOST HACKED cell phone...

Let me know when you have some facts to discuss.
9/22/2014 7:22pm
enketchum wrote:

Here's the problem with that graph... Your comparing every android based phone to a singe iPhone. Take any single android phone by itself and you don't...

enketchum wrote:
That is the graph he was talking about. He said COMPARED TO ALL THE OTHERS COMBINED.

Even then it should be Iphone Vs Android because if you say IOS that should include anything running Apple IPS which would include some iPods, iPads etc.

It's not a very good graph as far as labeling goes or making it easy to read, something an introductory course shoukdvd taught.
LLOYD22
9/22/2014 7:27pm
Did you happen to read the very end of your link? The part about how easy it is to hack the wide open platform of android? Do you work for Samsung? Lg? Spill the beans the anticipation is killing me Clark!
LLOYD22
9/22/2014 7:30pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2014 7:30pm

enketchum wrote:

Even then it should be Iphone Vs Android because if you say IOS that should include anything running Apple IPS which would include some iPods, iPads...
Even then it should be Iphone Vs Android because if you say IOS that should include anything running Apple IPS which would include some iPods, iPads etc.

It's not a very good graph as far as labeling goes or making it easy to read, something an introductory course shoukdvd taught.
Enketchum was fired from Apple, he is on the attack to take down a worthless company who by the way has more money than the U.S. treasury
9/22/2014 8:18pm
LLOYD22 wrote:
Enketchum was fired from Apple, he is on the attack to take down a worthless company who by the way has more money than the U.S...
Enketchum was fired from Apple, he is on the attack to take down a worthless company who by the way has more money than the U.S. treasury
It's a dumb argument to say things like" They sell based on word of mouth after people have them in hand" and such. All that really tells me is that poor people buy them when they need a new phone because they're cheap, not that they're better.
9/22/2014 8:45pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2014 8:47pm
LLOYD22 wrote:
Did you happen to read the very end of your link? The part about how easy it is to hack the wide open platform of android...
Did you happen to read the very end of your link? The part about how easy it is to hack the wide open platform of android? Do you work for Samsung? Lg? Spill the beans the anticipation is killing me Clark!
Yes, here is what it said:

With Android devices, cybercriminals see less reason to look for vulnerabilities to penetrate smartphones, he added.

As an open platform, it is upto the user to be smart, whereas with apple you have no choice. Apple wants its user to be dumb and accept its terms and conditions.

Not to mention that Androids can be rooted for total accessibility.
enketchum
9/22/2014 10:38pm
Wow what are you two going on about?

I didn't want to bring up rooting because the phones don't come that way. But all my android phones have been rooted. It's the best
9/23/2014 7:36am Edited Date/Time 9/23/2014 7:38am
So the argument for the android devices is the same as the argument for PC's. "More people have them."

That virus isn't the companies problem, it's yours.

Jarid332
Fantasy
1823rd
9/23/2014 8:06am
So the argument for the android devices is the same as the argument for PC's. "More people have them." That virus isn't the companies problem, it's...
So the argument for the android devices is the same as the argument for PC's. "More people have them."

Bro, those midget porn sites I look at said they were safe and contained no viruses!!!
9/23/2014 8:51am
So the argument for the android devices is the same as the argument for PC's. "More people have them." That virus isn't the companies problem, it's...

Jarid332 wrote:
Bro, those midget porn sites I look at said they were safe and contained no viruses!!!
Hahahahaha. That post makes this thread great.
9/23/2014 10:30am Edited Date/Time 9/23/2014 10:32am
enketchum wrote:
Wow what are you two going on about? I didn't want to bring up rooting because the phones don't come that way. But all my android...

I didn't want to bring up rooting because the phones don't come that way. But all my android phones have been rooted. It's the best
I didn't say anything until the Apple crowd started attacking Androids calling them junk (like they always do) when they have no clue what they are talking about. But I guess if they want to pay for a phone that's more expensive, less secure, and is about two years behind technology, then go ahead.

9/23/2014 12:37pm Edited Date/Time 9/23/2014 12:39pm
enketchum wrote:
Wow what are you two going on about? I didn't want to bring up rooting because the phones don't come that way. But all my android...

I didn't say anything until the Apple crowd started attacking Androids calling them junk (like they always do) when they have no clue what they are...
I didn't say anything until the Apple crowd started attacking Androids calling them junk (like they always do) when they have no clue what they are talking about. But I guess if they want to pay for a phone that's more expensive, less secure, and is about two years behind technology, then go ahead.

The average android is junk, sorry.
You have some of the higher end models that aren't, but yes most are junk.
You also pay for the higher end androids.

That's the problem with the open garden version of development as apposed to the closed garden. Many people create junk and sell it under your name.

Your ass backwards with the idea the iPhone is less secure than the android as a whole.

Post a reply to: So who got the iPhone 6?

The Latest