Snowden.

kongols
Edited Date/Time 7/1/2013 9:57am
The dude that some of you called "hero" is in Moscow now. Good luck getting him out of there. I`m laughing my ass of when some of you say he was protecting constitution and people liberty`s.
|
kongols
6/23/2013 4:00am
WikiLeaks says it helped with Snowden's political asylum in a democratic country

LMFAO. Russia and democracy. LMFAO
kongols
6/23/2013 4:04am Edited Date/Time 6/23/2013 4:04am
It seems he`ll be then flying to Cuba and Venezuela after that, another fine democratic country's.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
6/23/2013 5:09am Edited Date/Time 6/23/2013 5:13am
kongols wrote:
The dude that some of you called "hero" is in Moscow now. Good luck getting him out of there. I`m laughing my ass of when some...
The dude that some of you called "hero" is in Moscow now. Good luck getting him out of there. I`m laughing my ass of when some of you say he was protecting constitution and people liberty`s.
I said when he first went to China that if I was him I would have went to Russia. Smile
Probably a smart move on his part - after the fact.
He will have more freedom there then he would have in the Federal Pen here.
No banging blondes & drinking Vodka in the Fed Pen here. Smile

What I wonder if he had saved any money before hand.
And if he transferred it offshore.
Or if the US Government have seized his bank accounts.
MR. X
6/23/2013 5:42am
kongols wrote:
The dude that some of you called "hero" is in Moscow now. Good luck getting him out of there. I`m laughing my ass of when some...
FastEddy wrote:
I said when he first went to China that if I was him I would have went to Russia. :) Probably a smart move on his...
I said when he first went to China that if I was him I would have went to Russia. Smile

Somebody is paying for his flight to russia then to cuba and then a boat ride to Venezuela , that would be interesting to see where his funds are coming from.

The Shop

FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
6/23/2013 5:48am Edited Date/Time 6/23/2013 6:33am
kongols wrote:
As for him protecting the constitution & liberties....I see it like this.
If they're breaking laws in doing what they're doing and there is a longer but legal method to
achieve the same task then that is what they should do.
When you analyze data/online activity/mobile activity it can be time consuming.
What they have done is,just got all the data ect... into their own hands by harvesting it.
They have created a system that helps them access the data quicker & easier.
Rather then go digging for stuff legally without doing stuff that is deemed unconstitutional by some.
Basically they found an easier way....
That leads me to,most (probably all) of those agents/contractors/employees/analysts are paid a flat salary
and not by the hour.The stuff they do can be time consuming and lead to long work days & weeks -that is part of their job.
Perhaps less hours they spend working? Cheaper contracts with contractors? I don't know..

As for him leaking stuff,he could have went about it in a much different way.

As for the Government contracting non-trustworthy guys like him,well that is a problem all of it's own.
I wonder how many they have working for them that have malicious intent or even abuse these systems?
MR. X
6/23/2013 6:27am
FastEddy wrote:
As for him protecting the constitution & liberties....I see it like this. If they're breaking laws in doing what they're doing and there is a longer...
As for him protecting the constitution & liberties....I see it like this.
If they're breaking laws in doing what they're doing and there is a longer but legal method to
achieve the same task then that is what they should do.
When you analyze data/online activity/mobile activity it can be time consuming.
What they have done is,just got all the data ect... into their own hands by harvesting it.
They have created a system that helps them access the data quicker & easier.
Rather then go digging for stuff legally without doing stuff that is deemed unconstitutional by some.
Basically they found an easier way....
That leads me to,most (probably all) of those agents/contractors/employees/analysts are paid a flat salary
and not by the hour.The stuff they do can be time consuming and lead to long work days & weeks -that is part of their job.
Perhaps less hours they spend working? Cheaper contracts with contractors? I don't know..

As for him leaking stuff,he could have went about it in a much different way.

As for the Government contracting non-trustworthy guys like him,well that is a problem all of it's own.
I wonder how many they have working for them that have malicious intent or even abuse these systems?
On the last part ,i had to laugh just knowing that somewhere , someone is shitting themselves , praying for all this to quietly go away.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
6/23/2013 6:35am
MR. X wrote:
On the last part ,i had to laugh just knowing that somewhere , someone is shitting themselves , praying for all this to quietly go away.
They may need to put a system in place to monitor/analyze those who are monitoring/analyzing. LOL Smile
6/23/2013 7:12am
He is a patriot and an American hero.

I'm sorry but the government WILL (in fact have already) misuse any data toward their own end. It's inevitable. They can't help themselves - power corrupts. People like Snowden have sacrificed everything to bring this out in the open. He's risking his life, he's destroyed his career, and completely ruined any chance of ever returning to his home country. All to protect the constitution.

Aside from that I think he'll be doing well if he gets anywhere near South America. It's not exactly beyond the realms of possibility for America to send up a couple of fighter jets with an order to change course. Better to have stayed in Russia.
XXVoid MainXX
6/23/2013 9:01am
kongols wrote:
FastEddy wrote:
I said when he first went to China that if I was him I would have went to Russia. :) Probably a smart move on his...

I'm sure Russia and China will pay him well for whatever stories he can tell whether true or made up.
kongols
6/23/2013 9:18am
He is a patriot and an American hero. I'm sorry but the government WILL (in fact have already) misuse any data toward their own end. It's...
He is a patriot and an American hero.

I'm sorry but the government WILL (in fact have already) misuse any data toward their own end. It's inevitable. They can't help themselves - power corrupts. People like Snowden have sacrificed everything to bring this out in the open. He's risking his life, he's destroyed his career, and completely ruined any chance of ever returning to his home country. All to protect the constitution.

Aside from that I think he'll be doing well if he gets anywhere near South America. It's not exactly beyond the realms of possibility for America to send up a couple of fighter jets with an order to change course. Better to have stayed in Russia.
LMFAO, he's a traitor and attention whore who's blabbing Country's secrets. It has nothing to do with people and liberty's. America is that much more vulnerable now that he's blabbing secrets to China and Russia. Hero my ass.
TeamGreen
6/23/2013 10:00am
I realize we all have our positions based on what we think we know; but, there's not really any way that a person in Snowden's position could be an actual "Whistleblower" thru legal & available channels. The would be "programs & people" that're suppose to help? Well, they're the very same Program Managers that he was working for; and, they ARE NOT going to jeopardize they're own "track record".

There are more than a few of us, in here, that've worked in this type of environment.

You're already seeing these aspects of the Argument coming to light. Believe it or not, Carly Fiorina is turning out to be one of (if not THE) champions of "reasonable discussion" on this matter.

The other thing: I can't even imagine being foolish enough to fall for the "He's giving Vital Intel away!" Argument. People ought a do their homework. Hell, you may as well persecute Leo DiCaprio for his role in "Body of Lies". There's plenty of legit "Operational Intel" give-aways in that flick. Great movie, btw.

I'm jus' sayin'...
XXVoid MainXX
6/23/2013 10:46am
One thing is for sure. He's on a world tour now, for free. How many more are going to see this and want to travel the world themselves? Smile
6/23/2013 11:23am
At the moment, perhaps more than ever in recent times, there's a train wreck between democracy and global corporate interest. The politicians we elect are in the middle. On the one hand they want to please the electorate by acting in their interest and thereby getting re-elected. On the other hand they would also like their multi directorships and consultancies, share deals (where their account number is always written on the winning trade after the event), and the now almost ubiquitous $100,000 after dinner speech.

Controlling and storing information is power and no government can resist misusing that power. They will do simply because they can. It can't be helped. Individual people that sometimes represent the interest of many, will have things pulled from their records and used against them. Said something a little too hasty on a chat room 10 yrs ago? You can forget that job. An important member of a pressure group or political party they don't like? You'll suddenly be black balled from any decent employment leading up to or after your political career. I know it sounds farcical but it can so easily happen. It already does happen to a certain extent.

To dismiss Snowden as an attention whore is utterly ridiculous in the extreme. His life has been destroyed for bringing this to our attention. Any government exposed for taking part in this type of activity (Britain is up to its eyeballs too) quite frankly deserves the heat and backlash. Of course I accept that authorities will always snoop and store information on targeted people (terrorists etc) – which I'm sure we'll all agree is everyone's interest. But to store information on ALL of us is setting a dangerous precedent that's completely unnecessary and absolutely isn't in our interests.
JustMX
6/24/2013 3:35am
TeamGreen wrote:
I realize we all have our positions based on what we think we know; but, there's not really any way that a person in Snowden's position...
I realize we all have our positions based on what we think we know; but, there's not really any way that a person in Snowden's position could be an actual "Whistleblower" thru legal & available channels. The would be "programs & people" that're suppose to help? Well, they're the very same Program Managers that he was working for; and, they ARE NOT going to jeopardize they're own "track record".

There are more than a few of us, in here, that've worked in this type of environment.

You're already seeing these aspects of the Argument coming to light. Believe it or not, Carly Fiorina is turning out to be one of (if not THE) champions of "reasonable discussion" on this matter.

The other thing: I can't even imagine being foolish enough to fall for the "He's giving Vital Intel away!" Argument. People ought a do their homework. Hell, you may as well persecute Leo DiCaprio for his role in "Body of Lies". There's plenty of legit "Operational Intel" give-aways in that flick. Great movie, btw.

I'm jus' sayin'...
After reading some of the discussions on here recently I am not at all concerned if Snowden shared any "Vital intel".
Hman144
Fantasy
713th
6/24/2013 9:02am
Didn't he used to play Dr. John Carter in E.R.?
KnightStick
Fantasy
332nd
6/24/2013 10:00am
The only thing Snowden has hurt is the credibility of the USG
CR250Rider
6/24/2013 12:20pm
I don't like things like secret court orders
kongols
6/24/2013 12:36pm
Funny thing, without this shady shit America would be half as powerful or successful as it is right now.
XXVoid MainXX
6/24/2013 1:12pm
Yeah, I don't know the details of what he "leaked" but from what I understand it wasn't anything specific but the general system that we have all been hearing about forever. I assume this was what used to be called "Carnivore"?
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
6/24/2013 1:30pm
J.F.S wrote:
[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/996834_540656279322961_1041946861_n.jpg[/img]
LOL Grinning
Parris
6/24/2013 3:37pm
I am not up on all he disclosed. But as for the Government monitoring phone calls it been public knowledge since a little after 911. Just a simple system that picks up on key words. I was really surprised about my friends not knowing about it. I have first hand knowledge of a young man out to make some $$$$$$$. He took a picture of the inside of a C-9 aircraft which was part of the presidential fleet along with some documents entailing the coast of the couch. He sold this information for $6000.00. Well the FBI came on base and took him out to lunch. All this happened 20yr. ago. I sure he is still paying for that sandwich.
TeamGreen
6/24/2013 8:23pm
So, when Congress passes Law it's ALWAYS Constitutionally Legal?

Dred Scott, anyone?

I'm not havin' any of this blind-faith. I'm more of a Ben Franklin kinda guy.
6/25/2013 12:00am
I wasn't unaware of it either in truth, but I'm sure many people were. But that's a lesser issue. It's been exposed now in the public conciousness once again and has everyone aware and debating it. Considering what they're up to, that has to be a good thing imo.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
6/25/2013 4:28am Edited Date/Time 6/25/2013 4:28am
Russia rejects US demand for Snowden's extradition.

MOSCOW (AP) — Russia's foreign minister on Tuesday bluntly rejected U.S. demands to extradite National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden, who has apparently stopped in Moscow while trying to evade U.S. justice, saying that Snowden hasn't crossed the Russian border. Read the rest at this link.

http://www.mail.com/news/politics/2173778-russia-rejects-us-demand-snow…

I really hope his crazy ass doesn't start WWIII or lead to tensions that could start something big ,such as a conflict.
huck
6/25/2013 6:48am
Surely Jason Bourne could take him out...
TeamGreen
6/25/2013 10:51am
I wasn't unaware of it either in truth, but I'm sure many people were. But that's a lesser issue. It's been exposed now in the public...
I wasn't unaware of it either in truth, but I'm sure many people were. But that's a lesser issue. It's been exposed now in the public conciousness once again and has everyone aware and debating it. Considering what they're up to, that has to be a good thing imo.
At-least the Queen's people get it.

God Save the Queen.

(And their music, too!)
TeamGreen
6/25/2013 11:18am
How did the Voters Rights Act do in the SCOTUS, yesterday?

Here's the difference between you and I:

I'm aware of the World I live in.

A World where y'all can tell me Who's winning on Idol; but, no-one can tell me wether or not the last NDAA is "Constitutional" or NOT ...also... the folks in DC have stepped WAY OUTSIDE the Lines on this one...

Just as they've done...

Before.

So, you go on about your day and keep tellin' us how you've seen it all and we live in a world of laws and those laws mean things; and, I'll go on and tell ya...those laws you'e SO proud of?

Uh, no.

We're not havin' it & shit's gonna change.

Copy?

Post a reply to: Snowden.

The Latest