Shit`s about to hit the fan?

kongols
9/30/2015 4:20am Edited Date/Time 10/13/2015 3:01am
Russia sent a note to Pentagon to remove all planes and fighter jets from Syrian airspace cause Russia now controls it. Pentagon said fuck off.
Russian parliament authorized Putin to use Russian army in Syria this morning.
|
IWreckALot
9/30/2015 5:45am
I kinda wonder if Putin is a bit like Kim Jong Un in that he's going to be all bark and no bite. Although, if there is one country that can give the US a challenge, it would be Russia.

What triggered Putin to demand US be removed from Syria?
huck
9/30/2015 6:21am
IWreckALot wrote:
I kinda wonder if Putin is a bit like Kim Jong Un in that he's going to be all bark and no bite. Although, if there...
I kinda wonder if Putin is a bit like Kim Jong Un in that he's going to be all bark and no bite. Although, if there is one country that can give the US a challenge, it would be Russia.

What triggered Putin to demand US be removed from Syria?
He wants to go in and wipe out ISIS there, and doesn't want anybody in his way/witnesses.
Sandberm
9/30/2015 6:37am
Assad will be Putins puppet.

It also could push ISIS out of Syria and increase there presence in Iraq....which would then be our problemUnsure
sende
Fantasy
4320th
9/30/2015 6:42am Edited Date/Time 9/30/2015 6:42am
I won't complain if shit hits the fan that's above ISIS.

The Shop

ToolMaker
Fantasy
927th
9/30/2015 6:42am
I don't think Putin really needs parliament for anything but show. The guy does what he wants when he wants.
To quote someone, I don't know who to give credit to, "Putin is playing chess and Obama is playing checkers"
Putin understands that he controls enough of the energy to Europe that he won't experience resistance from them,
now he just has to make sure takes complete control over them. He needs to act fast before someone gets in the
1600 Penn. Ave that will stand up to him. Carly just might be the person for that, she has shown some real fire in that dept. Trump is going to let Putin run rampant around the Syria. Says why not let someone else sort it out?
I think Putin has played this masterfully. They say that under $70 a barrel oil the Russian economy is in free fall, but what is really happening over there? Seems the Russian Empire is just getting bigger and stronger.
TM
ToolMaker
Fantasy
927th
9/30/2015 6:44am
Ha, I forgot to add that BO thinks he's a great President and could win re-election is allowed.
I think Russia would fund his campaign. He's the best thing ever for them.
9/30/2015 6:47am
Putin is showing the Arab world that Putin backs his boys while the US sits and watches. The middle east will start looking to uncle Vlad for support and US influence in the region will diminish. This is what happens when you have an experienced president if Trump gets elected it will be even worse.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
927th
9/30/2015 6:50am
Putin is showing the Arab world that Putin backs his boys while the US sits and watches. The middle east will start looking to uncle Vlad...
Putin is showing the Arab world that Putin backs his boys while the US sits and watches. The middle east will start looking to uncle Vlad for support and US influence in the region will diminish. This is what happens when you have an experienced president if Trump gets elected it will be even worse.
"This is what happens when you have an experienced president if Trump gets elected it will be even worse."

did you mean "inexperienced"?
Russia just confirmed they have in fact already run air strikes,
TM
71Fish
9/30/2015 7:00am
I'm not a history expert so I don't know the particulars, but Russia (USSR) has a long history in Syria. I'm sure they want to maintain that.
kongols
9/30/2015 7:20am
71Fish wrote:
I'm not a history expert so I don't know the particulars, but Russia (USSR) has a long history in Syria. I'm sure they want to maintain...
I'm not a history expert so I don't know the particulars, but Russia (USSR) has a long history in Syria. I'm sure they want to maintain that.
Only Russian army base outside of Russia is in Syria.
9/30/2015 7:21am
Congress is about to vote on the Defense Authorization bill that includes $600 million to Syrian rebels that are fighting the government and ISIS.

$600 freaking million- that's for one year. Because arming "rebels" to the teeth always works out so well.

It's also got $715 million for Iraqi soldiers, and $200 million for Ukraine:

http://www.defenseone.com/politics/2015/09/congress-defense-spending-ob…

This is happening as the federal government is due to shut down at midnight tonight. But that looks like it's not going to happen.
kongols
9/30/2015 7:22am Edited Date/Time 9/30/2015 7:22am
ToolMaker wrote:
I don't think Putin really needs parliament for anything but show. The guy does what he wants when he wants. To quote someone, I don't know...
I don't think Putin really needs parliament for anything but show. The guy does what he wants when he wants.
To quote someone, I don't know who to give credit to, "Putin is playing chess and Obama is playing checkers"
Putin understands that he controls enough of the energy to Europe that he won't experience resistance from them,
now he just has to make sure takes complete control over them. He needs to act fast before someone gets in the
1600 Penn. Ave that will stand up to him. Carly just might be the person for that, she has shown some real fire in that dept. Trump is going to let Putin run rampant around the Syria. Says why not let someone else sort it out?
I think Putin has played this masterfully. They say that under $70 a barrel oil the Russian economy is in free fall, but what is really happening over there? Seems the Russian Empire is just getting bigger and stronger.
TM
They are fucked. People are not getting paid. Ruble lost 25% of it`s value, prices rocketed but pensions and salaries remain the same. Everything in Russia is controled by Kremlin therefor you don`t hear nothing and it seems like everyone is happy. But it`s not the case.
kongols
9/30/2015 7:26am
There is so many russians fighting for ISIS. If Putin somehow gets to wipe them out, he won`t have to deal with them when they return home. Why mess up his own country?
Sandberm
9/30/2015 7:31am
My understanding is that the majority of Russians love Putin because of his nationalism. His strong man role and patriotism is respected by the Russian people so they support him.

The thing about Russias involvement in Syria, they can just go in an indiscriminatly bomb the poop out of any place they want. Innocent lives matter little to the Russians or Assad. When the US kills innocents it is somehow used as a recruitment tool for the bad guy and the world and our own media comes down on us.
71Fish
9/30/2015 7:35am
Sandberm wrote:
My understanding is that the majority of Russians love Putin because of his nationalism. His strong man role and patriotism is respected by the Russian people...
My understanding is that the majority of Russians love Putin because of his nationalism. His strong man role and patriotism is respected by the Russian people so they support him.

The thing about Russias involvement in Syria, they can just go in an indiscriminatly bomb the poop out of any place they want. Innocent lives matter little to the Russians or Assad. When the US kills innocents it is somehow used as a recruitment tool for the bad guy and the world and our own media comes down on us.
To say " Innocent lives matter little to the Russians" is a broad stroke against the Russian people. I think you meant to say "Putin or Assad".
Sandberm
9/30/2015 7:36am
Sandberm wrote:
My understanding is that the majority of Russians love Putin because of his nationalism. His strong man role and patriotism is respected by the Russian people...

71Fish wrote:
To say " Innocent lives matter little to the Russians" is a broad stroke against the Russian people. I think you meant to say "Putin or...
To say " Innocent lives matter little to the Russians" is a broad stroke against the Russian people. I think you meant to say "Putin or Assad".
Yes, thanks for the clarification
kongols
9/30/2015 7:39am
Congress is about to vote on the Defense Authorization bill that includes $600 million to Syrian rebels that are fighting the government and ISIS. $600 freaking...
Congress is about to vote on the Defense Authorization bill that includes $600 million to Syrian rebels that are fighting the government and ISIS.

$600 freaking million- that's for one year. Because arming "rebels" to the teeth always works out so well.

This is happening as the federal government is due to shut down at midnight tonight. But that looks like it's not going to happen.
Fuck. 600 million to whom? Mccain went there and gave money and weapons to the guy`s that are ISIS now. Do they know who they giving it to?
Team Ideal
9/30/2015 7:46am
kongols wrote:
There is so many russians fighting for ISIS. If Putin somehow gets to wipe them out, he won`t have to deal with them when they return...
There is so many russians fighting for ISIS. If Putin somehow gets to wipe them out, he won`t have to deal with them when they return home. Why mess up his own country?
this
9/30/2015 7:47am
Congress is about to vote on the Defense Authorization bill that includes $600 million to Syrian rebels that are fighting the government and ISIS. $600 freaking...

kongols wrote:
Fuck. 600 million to whom? Mccain went there and gave money and weapons to the guy`s that are ISIS now. Do they know who they giving...
Fuck. 600 million to whom? Mccain went there and gave money and weapons to the guy`s that are ISIS now. Do they know who they giving it to?
Yes, we know who we are giving them too. But as usual we oversimplify.
We've had a little problem with US weapons ending up with Al Qaeda: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/rebel-commander-weighs-in-on-why-u-s-traini…

Ironically, it was the US that helped create Al Qaeda when we did this same thing in Afghanistan decades ago.
Sunhouse
9/30/2015 8:26am
I applaud Putin for doing something. There are no "moderate" rebels in Syria, they are fundamentalists and need to be wiped out. The West arms fundamentalists to overthrow governments they don´t like, so they can get a friendly government. This to strengthen Middle Eastern influence, make Israel and the Gulf states happy, and remove Russian influence.

Russia has several bases in Syria, and has used Syria as a base for their Mediterranean fleet, along with the one in Ukraine which NATO surrounded.

We in the Western world fought a war against terrorism and now we are supporting the same fundamentalist shitbags with weapons and the Koran. It´s a disgrace! We arm the ones responsible for the use of chemical weapons in Syria - so much for our humanitarian and peaceful concerns, right?

Russia gets to protect its interests, its allies and kill thousands of Chechens jihadists who have gone to Syria to fight the conservative Sunni war against a secular regime. Go Putin!!

Also, todays Russian bombing is being blown way out of proportions. It is perfectly normal to tell NATO aircraft to stay out while they carry out their missions, just like it is for NATO to do when they rund exercises or bombing campaigns.
9/30/2015 11:29am
Putin is showing the Arab world that Putin backs his boys while the US sits and watches. The middle east will start looking to uncle Vlad...
ToolMaker wrote:
"This is what happens when you have an experienced president if Trump gets elected it will be even worse." did you mean "inexperienced"? Russia just confirmed...
"This is what happens when you have an experienced president if Trump gets elected it will be even worse."

did you mean "inexperienced"?
Russia just confirmed they have in fact already run air strikes,
TM
Yes sorry, I think President Obama has been out of his depth in regards to the middle east and misjudged policy. I think we have been setback several years even decades.
Mini Elsinore
9/30/2015 11:56am
Sandberm wrote:
Assad will be Putins puppet.

It also could push ISIS out of Syria and increase there presence in Iraq....which would then be our problemUnsure
You mean"puppet" in the same vein as the EUROPEAN Union, Turkey, Israel, house of saad, france, germany, and others are puppet's of USA Inc? In that case, I completely agree. Hegemony, hegemony, hegemony.....
J.F.S
9/30/2015 1:17pm Edited Date/Time 9/30/2015 1:21pm
Check this video of Putins view of things, I would like to see Obama reply to this. Worst part is that while these two are talking and seeking popularity points, people are dying.

JBernard_401
9/30/2015 1:20pm Edited Date/Time 9/30/2015 2:29pm
Sunhouse wrote:
I applaud Putin for doing something. There are no "moderate" rebels in Syria, they are fundamentalists and need to be wiped out. The West arms fundamentalists...
I applaud Putin for doing something. There are no "moderate" rebels in Syria, they are fundamentalists and need to be wiped out. The West arms fundamentalists to overthrow governments they don´t like, so they can get a friendly government. This to strengthen Middle Eastern influence, make Israel and the Gulf states happy, and remove Russian influence.

Russia has several bases in Syria, and has used Syria as a base for their Mediterranean fleet, along with the one in Ukraine which NATO surrounded.

We in the Western world fought a war against terrorism and now we are supporting the same fundamentalist shitbags with weapons and the Koran. It´s a disgrace! We arm the ones responsible for the use of chemical weapons in Syria - so much for our humanitarian and peaceful concerns, right?

Russia gets to protect its interests, its allies and kill thousands of Chechens jihadists who have gone to Syria to fight the conservative Sunni war against a secular regime. Go Putin!!

Also, todays Russian bombing is being blown way out of proportions. It is perfectly normal to tell NATO aircraft to stay out while they carry out their missions, just like it is for NATO to do when they rund exercises or bombing campaigns.
only person in here with the facts. obviously has seen the behind the scenes videos of whats really going on and the people we are really arming and how 'moderate' they are.

putin is going to annihilate these idiots and i cant wait to watch all the videos online.

john mccain is sad right now that his kidnapping terrorist 'moderate' friends may be in danger.
9/30/2015 2:11pm
Sunhouse wrote:
I applaud Putin for doing something. There are no "moderate" rebels in Syria, they are fundamentalists and need to be wiped out. The West arms fundamentalists...

only person in here with the facts. obviously has seen the behind the scenes videos of whats really going on and the people we are really...
only person in here with the facts. obviously has seen the behind the scenes videos of whats really going on and the people we are really arming and how 'moderate' they are.

putin is going to annihilate these idiots and i cant wait to watch all the videos online.

john mccain is sad right now that his kidnapping terrorist 'moderate' friends may be in danger.
If you think that's the only post here with facts, you aren't reading very closely. In fact the term "war on terrorism" is nothing more than a fabrication by the US government and defense contractors.

This is nothing new. Reagan supported Saddam, then his VP went after Saddam when Saddam threatened his Arab friends and oil interests in Saudi Arabia. Reagan supported Muslim "rebels" (terrorists?) in Afghanistan...
Our foreign policy is incredibly short-sighted, always has been.
9/30/2015 2:20pm
Looks like bombs are starting to fall on McCain's boys.
JBernard_401
9/30/2015 2:28pm
If you think that's the only post here with facts, you aren't reading very closely. In fact the term "war on terrorism" is nothing more than...
If you think that's the only post here with facts, you aren't reading very closely. In fact the term "war on terrorism" is nothing more than a fabrication by the US government and defense contractors.

This is nothing new. Reagan supported Saddam, then his VP went after Saddam when Saddam threatened his Arab friends and oil interests in Saudi Arabia. Reagan supported Muslim "rebels" (terrorists?) in Afghanistan...
true, came off as a little one sided.
meant to point out that 99% of people dont realize russia is doing more good in the region than we are, yet still come off as 'bad'
Sunhouse
9/30/2015 2:45pm
If you think that's the only post here with facts, you aren't reading very closely. In fact the term "war on terrorism" is nothing more than...

Valid point, but what I find disturbing is that unlike back then, we have access to the information today. It´s all out there in the open. So in a way, they should not be able to get away with it today. I have yet to find a Western journalist or reporter question this on national TV, and that worries me.

Also, the Mujahideen was not an enemy during the Soviet-Afghan war, they became one later 20 years later. In the current Syrian conflict, the fundamentalists are current enemies in Iraq and Afghanistan and on home turf, but they are being supported with advanced weapons and money in Syria. That is vastly different and IMO way worse.
Sunhouse
9/30/2015 2:50pm
only person in here with the facts. obviously has seen the behind the scenes videos of whats really going on and the people we are really...

Haha, me too man, can´t wait to watch them! I hope they deploy a large number of ground troops too, but sadly I doubt they can afford it.

jeffro503
9/30/2015 3:55pm
Why is this world so fucked up?

Post a reply to: Shit`s about to hit the fan?

The Latest