Sex change?...

Big Lenny
Edited Date/Time 7/19/2014 7:36pm
Goddess of Thunder? Thor undergoes sex change

Los Angeles (AFP) - He is famed as the God of Thunder, but Thor is to change sex, launching an "all-new era" for the comic book icon, its publishers said Tuesday.

Marvel Comics will introduce the female Thor in its latest comic series in October, it announced, stressing that the new Thor is not "She-Thor" or "Thorita."

It was not immediately clear if the sex change will be taken over in the movie version of "Thor," a huge box office hit in recent years.

"The inscription on Thor's hammer reads 'Whosoever holds this hammer, if HE be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor'," said Marvel editor Wil Moss.

"Well it's time to update that inscription."

He added: "The new Thor continues Marvel's proud tradition of strong female characters like Captain Marvel, Storm, Black Widow and more. And this new Thor isn't a temporary female substitute -- she's now the one and only Thor, and she is worthy!"

"This is not She-Thor. This is not Lady Thor. This is not Thorita. This is THOR. This is the THOR of the Marvel Universe. But it's unlike any Thor we've ever seen before," added series writer Jason Aaron.

The change of gender is not unprecedented for Marvel, which was bought by entertainment giant The Walt Disney Company in 2009. Captain Marvel used to be male, but is now female, a spokesman said.

On the big screen Thor has been portrayed by Australian actor Chris Hemsworth in two "Thor" films as well as 2012's record-breaking "The Avengers." He will reprise the role in "Avengers: Age of Ultron," due out next year.

It is unclear whether the hunk actor will have to hang up his hammer, to be replaced by a female version.

"This is a publishing-only initiative," Marvel Entertainment spokesman Joe Taraborrelli told AFP.

A Disney spokeswoman, Megan Wasserman, added: "The announcement... was about the comics, and as normal Marvel policy we cannot (comment) on film activities, rumors or related speculation."

|
7/16/2014 5:29am
Someone please shoot the writer who thought this shit up!Angry

Why does everything revolve around people becoming sex freeks these days or thinking like freeks! No wonder kids are like they are these days.....add just another thing to help confuse them at an age they cant process whats going on.
JPT
7/16/2014 5:31am
That is just wrong.
Racer92
7/16/2014 5:48am
JPT wrote:
That is just wrong.
Yep, sure is. They are running outta ways to sell their wares, so writers, movie-makers and all the rest have to use whatever tactics available to get attention.

Doesnt matter to me, IDGAF.
tvo314
7/16/2014 8:10am
How could this be a good idea?

The Shop

7/16/2014 11:38am
So my next door neighbor has been going crazy to get his first tattoo. He has always been a Green Lantern fan so he gets a Green Lantern symbol on his calf. Huge.
I kid you not, about 1 month later some shit like above post happened, the Green Lantern is gay. hahaha....his cartoon hero and the writers turn him gay....haha....and now he has this big ass tattoo of the Green Lantern symbol.
I ask him if he's gonna get a rainbow flag underneath it. For some reason he's not laughing as hard as I am.
7/16/2014 11:42am
To be fair, the author of Thor does say:
This is not the Thor we knew transformed into a woman. This is a new character; someone else picking up the hammer.
so sex change? no. not in the weird sense.
JPT
7/16/2014 3:05pm
I don't think this has anything with being gay it just doesn't fit.

Have Tony start go off on a bender and a tough female SHEILD agent take over the suit, fine.

There have always been multiple Green Lanterns, so one is gay, no problem.

Thor being a woman, I don't buy it.
borg
7/16/2014 3:34pm
To be fair, the author of Thor does say: This is not the Thor we knew transformed into a woman. This is a new character; someone...
To be fair, the author of Thor does say:
This is not the Thor we knew transformed into a woman. This is a new character; someone else picking up the hammer.
so sex change? no. not in the weird sense.
Thank God! I was worried there for a moment.
jndmx
7/18/2014 8:50am
FLmxer wrote:
Idiocracy
I cannot tell you how many times I have thought about that movie lately.....lol.

Post a reply to: Sex change?...

The Latest