School bombing plot thwarted.

FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
Edited Date/Time 5/30/2013 5:51pm
Glad to see he was never able to carry this out.

"When 17-year-old Truman Templeton didn't want to go to an assembly at his Oregon high school, his mother knew something was wrong.

She asked, and he said that a classmate had started talking about making bombs and had brought diagrams to West Albany High School. His mother turned to a family friend, who told her, "I know exactly who to call.""

Rest of article.
http://www.mail.com/news/us/2118888-student-tip-led-to-ore-bomb-plot-ar…
|
smoker
5/30/2013 3:27pm
Nothing to see here - it's not about guns. If it was, the gun grabbers would be all over this.
Titan1
5/30/2013 3:58pm
I've been saying for a while that guns aren't the easiest nor most efficient way to kill large numbers of people...bombs are.

In the same way Columbine seemed to set off a bunch of mass shootings...I think Boston is going to set off a bunch of mass bombings.

And when that happens, guns will be the least of our concern.

And since bombs can be made from fairly common-and harmless, on their own-materials...what freedoms will big government take (and the sheep willingly give up) to "keep us safe" from those? (scary thought, right?)
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
5/30/2013 4:04pm Edited Date/Time 5/30/2013 5:03pm
Titan1 wrote:
I've been saying for a while that guns aren't the easiest nor most efficient way to kill large numbers of people...bombs are. In the same way...
I've been saying for a while that guns aren't the easiest nor most efficient way to kill large numbers of people...bombs are.

In the same way Columbine seemed to set off a bunch of mass shootings...I think Boston is going to set off a bunch of mass bombings.

And since bombs can be made from fairly common-and harmless, on their own-materials...what freedoms will big government take (and the sheep willingly give up) to "keep us safe" from those? (scary thought, right?)
Yeah - they used bombs in Columbine also - but it's always been odd to me why the media didn't focus on it all that much.
More so on the small arms used - rather then call *it an attack with bombs & small arms - they called it a mass shooting.
Here is what was used - more bombs then firearms.
48 -- Carbon Dioxide bombs
27 -- Pipe bombs
11 -- 1.5 gallon propane bombs
7 -- gas or napalm bombs
2 -- 20 pound propane bombs

I'm not sure on what measures they would/could take.
Security teams with bomb sniffing dogs might be effective to a certain degree in regards to school safety.
But as for banning everyday products,chemicals ect... Man , that would be a huge list. Smile
JW381
5/30/2013 4:52pm
Odd, I work at the Register Guard newspaper just down the road from Albany (home of the famous Albany MX), and this story was on the front page this morning, yet I can't find a link to the article. I'm not sure if it was removed?

The Shop

JW381
5/30/2013 4:56pm
Police say they found the scheme spelled out in notebooks stashed in Grant Acord’s floor

By Jonathan Cooper

The Associated Press

CORVALLIS — An Oregon teen accused of planning an assault on his high school wrote detailed plans to “shoot and throw bombs throughout the school,” then kill himself before engaging with responding police officers, according to court documents released Tuesday.

Police say the plans were written in notebooks that were found hidden beneath the floorboards in the teen’s bedroom, along with two pipe bombs, two Molotov cocktails and at least two Drano bombs.

Grant Acord, 17, made his first court appearance by video transmission Tuesday but did not enter a plea on charges that include attempted aggravated murder and six counts each of unlawful possession and manufacture of a destructive device.

Wearing a light-gray sweatshirt and sweatpants and with shaggy brown hair covering most of his forehead, Acord said little but replied “yes, your honor” to questions from Benton County Circuit Judge Matthew Donohue, who set bail at $2 million.

Acord’s writings included “multiple versions of the plans and diagrams to commit an attack” on West Albany High School, according to a probable cause affidavit signed by Albany police Detective Mike Wood.

In one, labeled “The (Loosely Stated) ‘Plan’ AKA Worst Case Scenario,” the teen lays out an itinerary for an attack: Leave home at 7:30, go to first period, then retreat to the parking lot to prepare.

About 11:10, he would begin blasting music from the car while walking toward the school, a napalm firebomb in one hand and a duffel bag in the other.

“Drop duffel. Light and throw napalm, unzip bag and begin firing,” the notebook said. “Cooly state: ‘the Russian grim reaper is here.’ ” The line is apparently a reference to the 2003 film “Bad Boys II.”

The plan went on: “Throw a smoke bomb prior to walking in. Proceed to enter the school, then shoot and throw bombs throughout the school. Kill myself before S.W.A.T. engages me.”

The detective wrote that the notebooks indicate that Acord “compares himself to both Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold,” the teenagers who killed 13 people at Columbine High School in Colorado in 1999 before turning their guns on themselves.

Police said they found printouts of a website listing the weapons used by the shooters at Columbine High School and a list of items to use in an attack, including a black trenchcoat, a belt with skull and crossbones buckle, wool socks, various explosive devices and a propane tank.

Several items were listed on a page titled “I NEED.” They include explosive materials, ammunition, a Hi-Point 995 rifle and a Mossberg 500 pump-action shotgun. The prosecutor declined to say whether police found firearms in the home.

On Monday, Acord’s mother, Marianne Fox, issued a statement through a Corvallis lawyer, Alan Lanker, saying the teenager struggles with a rare form of obsessivecompulsive disorder.

“I grieve for my son, but understand and support the efforts of law enforcement to keep our beloved community safe,” the statement said. “This is a challenging and confusing time for everyone who knows Grant.”

Prosecutor Chris Stringer declined to comment Tuesday about the statement by Acord’s mother.

The boy lives primarily with Fox, Lanker said.

The Associated Press normally doesn’t name minors accused of crimes but is doing so in this case because of the seriousness of the allegations and because Acord is being charged as an adult.

Classes resumed at the school as scheduled Tuesday.

www.registerguard.com
Titan1
5/30/2013 5:17pm
Titan1 wrote:
I've been saying for a while that guns aren't the easiest nor most efficient way to kill large numbers of people...bombs are. In the same way...

FastEddy wrote:
Yeah - they used bombs in Columbine also - but it's always been odd to me why the media didn't focus on it all that much...
Yeah - they used bombs in Columbine also - but it's always been odd to me why the media didn't focus on it all that much.
More so on the small arms used - rather then call *it an attack with bombs & small arms - they called it a mass shooting.
Here is what was used - more bombs then firearms.
48 -- Carbon Dioxide bombs
27 -- Pipe bombs
11 -- 1.5 gallon propane bombs
7 -- gas or napalm bombs
2 -- 20 pound propane bombs

I'm not sure on what measures they would/could take.
Security teams with bomb sniffing dogs might be effective to a certain degree in regards to school safety.
But as for banning everyday products,chemicals ect... Man , that would be a huge list. Smile
Good point...I guess because the media insisted on calling it a "mass shooting" that is what set off the "copy cat" mass shooters since.

In fact on the 1 year anniversary of Columbine there was a shooting at my wife's high school-yes, she was at school-outside of Eugene Oregon-Thurston High...Kip Kinkle shot and killed his parents, then shot up the school cafeteria wounding-I think-20ish and killing two more.
Bill_Carroll
Fantasy
745th
5/30/2013 5:22pm
Glad the kid spoke up and told his mother, I'm sure this won't be the last time we here from him when he gets out. Looks like he's holding a grudge in the photo.
ocscottie
5/30/2013 5:48pm
Eddy, did i tell you about my lil bros recent shit? Week or so after the Boston bombing there was a pressure cooker bomb found up here! he got to watch on vid the bomb squad blowing it up.

His 2 biggest ones so far though....1 was so gnar! This dude blows his wifes head off and then shoots BOTH their young kids! He got there late and did a walk through of the house as they waited for crime scene to arrive...but the gnarly part...the next day he saw the two young kids on the table in the morgue and had to write a report! he came over that day just totally devastated. I think it kinda fucked him up and made him think about all the shit he went through when he was a young kid.

The other big one was on his own....these people were moving up here from dwn south, and they arrive at the house they bought and a car was in the driveway and they heard people IN the house, they called the cops and he was first on scene.

Ends up they had bought the house a coupe months ago and it sat vacant, so some dudes broke in and used it to harvest their crop! He has pics of a 7 pound bag on the trunk on his cruiser lol
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
5/30/2013 5:51pm
ocscottie wrote:
Eddy, did i tell you about my lil bros recent shit? Week or so after the Boston bombing there was a pressure cooker bomb found up...
Eddy, did i tell you about my lil bros recent shit? Week or so after the Boston bombing there was a pressure cooker bomb found up here! he got to watch on vid the bomb squad blowing it up.

His 2 biggest ones so far though....1 was so gnar! This dude blows his wifes head off and then shoots BOTH their young kids! He got there late and did a walk through of the house as they waited for crime scene to arrive...but the gnarly part...the next day he saw the two young kids on the table in the morgue and had to write a report! he came over that day just totally devastated. I think it kinda fucked him up and made him think about all the shit he went through when he was a young kid.

The other big one was on his own....these people were moving up here from dwn south, and they arrive at the house they bought and a car was in the driveway and they heard people IN the house, they called the cops and he was first on scene.

Ends up they had bought the house a coupe months ago and it sat vacant, so some dudes broke in and used it to harvest their crop! He has pics of a 7 pound bag on the trunk on his cruiser lol
Nah you hadn't told me any of those yet.
Gnarly stuff.

Post a reply to: School bombing plot thwarted.

The Latest