Say hello to my little frien.........

scooter5002
Edited Date/Time 10/1/2014 9:32am
Pulled into a lease to load yesterday. Been there about 1000 times, it's only a few hundred feet from a farm house. This dog comes running out and gets so close to the truck, I'm afraid I'm going to run it over. Have to keep looking out and down, but seems like it's smart enough to steer clear of the wheels. I open the door, she's not even acting remotely aggresively, tail wagging, good sign. I jump down, pet her for a couple of minutes, then she makes it clear it's "playtime".

I still have work to do, so I check my well for fluid, get my hoses hooked up, and start pulling water onto my trailer. Now I have 25 minutes for playtime. Lol. She made it quite apparent that "fetch"is the game, so I grab a rock, and fire it as far as I can. Keeping in mind, this is NOT the only rock in this field, they're everywhere. She goes through the battle of picking it up, hilarious in itself, and brings it back. However, part of the game is that she won't drop it, or DOES drop it, but keeps it pinned under her paws, and her head clamped down on them. So, it's a fight to get it out of her mouth, or out from under her paws. The fake battle is amusing, to say the least.

This goes on for 20 minutes, only once did she bring back the wrong rock, then next trip, the original one again. Of course, the obligatory "fake throw" a few times, she never fell for it. How do they know? Lol Damn good eyesight and reflexes, apparently. While watching me and waiting for the throw, her entire body would just quiver, ready to go. The only thing that mattered was that rock, and the only way to get her to look up for her "Kodak moment", was to grab that effin rock, and hold it up high.

I was having way too much fun, but I had to go, so when I was done, I heaved the rock with all I had. Then RIPPED the bunk door open, FIRED my hardhat and gloves in, and jumped in the truck to take off. Thought she'd be kind of sad or chase me, but just watched me drive off, and ran back to the farm house. Most entertainment I've had in a while. I love dogs, people could learn a lot from them.

The coveted rock is to the right side of her right paw, covered in her drool.

Disclaimer: at no time were the dogs privates licked, either by the dog, or myself. That's always an awkward moment, not so much for the dog, apparently.
|
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
9/30/2014 7:53am Edited Date/Time 9/30/2014 7:54am
Great report! Except the part about licking dog privates, i guess you have to put that though since it's Vital!
9/30/2014 7:59pm
Thats just like me, I make friend everywhere i go, and I usually end up giving away some of my lunch.
71Fish
10/1/2014 5:55am
My dog does the same thing, covers the frisbee or ball with her paw. I don't know why she does it but it seems it's common.

I've lived about 35 of my 43 years without a dog. After having my Pepper for the past year I don't know what I would do without her.

The Shop

FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
10/1/2014 9:13am
Your a good guy. Good times.
Foghorn
10/1/2014 9:32am
It's often been said that if people were more like dogs, the world would be a better place. I have two yorkies and a 6 month old Newfoundland pup. All great dogs.

Post a reply to: Say hello to my little frien.........

The Latest