SPAM Rant

Anonymous (not verified)
7/15/2017 10:09am
I hate e-mail SPAM. Every single time I order something via the interwebz I guess I'm signing up for a lifetime of SPAM from the seller. All of these companies allow you to opt out. I take advantage of that unless the company sells products I'm always interested in. Yet, even the "opt out" sometimes does not work. I've followed the directions and checked the right box and I still get SPAM from some. I go back and do it again and again. Still get SPAMMED. A few companies make it so difficult to opt out I don't even bother. I just have my mail program kick it right to the deleted items folder.

I hate e-mail SPAM.

Rant over.
|
JRT812
7/15/2017 1:16pm
Shit I was about to go ham for hating on spam. That stuff is delicious. Yes, opt out doesn't work for me either.
brlatm
7/15/2017 4:43pm
Yes!!!

That stupid ass "You've stayed at one of our resorts in the past and we would like to make you an offer"

Bullshit, I know where I have stayed in the past, and they don't call me or send me SPAM emails. There is a reason I chose those brands of hotel chains, not a timeshare.
SEE ARE125
7/15/2017 6:43pm
The thing I really hate is call spoofing. The scammers use a computer program and can make the caller ID say anything they want. They usually use the same area code and first 3 digits of your phone number, then make up the last 4 to make it seem like someone local. If I don't recognize it, it doesn't get answered, but it still pisses me off when I have to stop what I'm doing and pull my phone out of my pocket 5 times a day for no reason.

The Shop

7/15/2017 8:23pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
The thing I really hate is call spoofing. The scammers use a computer program and can make the caller ID say anything they want. They usually...
The thing I really hate is call spoofing. The scammers use a computer program and can make the caller ID say anything they want. They usually use the same area code and first 3 digits of your phone number, then make up the last 4 to make it seem like someone local. If I don't recognize it, it doesn't get answered, but it still pisses me off when I have to stop what I'm doing and pull my phone out of my pocket 5 times a day for no reason.
They do in Tennessee too, eh. I get it all the time. So annoying.
KMC440
7/16/2017 8:50am
Cookie delete anyone ?
MelonFan123
7/17/2017 3:52pm
Regarding the Email spam, company's (the senders) are required to honor your opt-out request within 10 business days. So many times you may think you're still getting them when in fact they end up removing your email from their list after about 4-5 business days. After which you've received several other email offers.

If it still persists, write back to the email address supplied and mention the CAN-SPAM Act. All email marketers are required to follow the guidelines set forth by CAN-SPAM so simply mentioning that will show them you know more than most - a term in the industry called "screamers" LOL

Any more questions let me know - as digital media marketer I may or may not have one time worked at an emailing agency and was personally responsible for a few million email campaigns per day Whistling (ducks the thrown objects)
Stuntman949
7/21/2017 9:08am
Not to high jack the thread here but real life spam mail bothers me more than anything. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good coupon but I don't give a flying f*** about the makeup the resident before me used to buy. Waste of paper, waste of ink, waste of fuel in the mail trucks.
7/21/2017 9:53am Edited Date/Time 7/21/2017 9:54am
Not to high jack the thread here but real life spam mail bothers me more than anything. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good coupon...
Not to high jack the thread here but real life spam mail bothers me more than anything. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good coupon but I don't give a flying f*** about the makeup the resident before me used to buy. Waste of paper, waste of ink, waste of fuel in the mail trucks.
High jack away, stuntbro. Yours is a worthy rant.

Post a reply to: SPAM Rant

The Latest