Ryan Shazier

greenmx5
12/8/2017 5:33pm
I watched the game (Steelers fan here) Monday night and knew right away this man might be permanently paralyzed. It's odd that we are 5 days out now from what happened and haven't got any updates and it's worrisome.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21702126/pittsburgh-steelers-linebac…
|
APLMAN99
12/8/2017 8:24pm
There's been several updates. They updated that they did in fact have to perform surgery because of dislocation of vertebrae, after initially saying that he would not require surgery at all.

I can't see him ever playing again, even if the nerve damage isn't severe. It has to be enough to really affect him, plus the spinal stabilization surgery probably rules it out as well.

I hope he regains full use of his legs. This one hits pretty close to home for me.
12/9/2017 6:43am Edited Date/Time 12/9/2017 6:43am
As a diehard Steelers fan, it's been such a joy watching Shazier continue to develop as an elite talent since we drafted him several years ago. Earlier this season I thought about the intensity that he seems to play with and the only word that came to mind to describe his style against opposing players was "punishing". It is beyond unfortunate that that same intensity that's made him such a rare talent may now be what ends his career. Very, very tough pill to swallow for sure. Not for us the fans, but for Ryan himself. Godspeed, #50!

Post a reply to: Ryan Shazier

The Latest