Russkies flying nuke bombers off US coast

Edited Date/Time 7/27/2015 3:57pm
Nothing to see here...keep arguing your old flag over there, Americans.
Putin called Obama the same day to say "let's talk." The guy is like Dr. Evil or something.

"Two Russian nuclear bombers flew within 40 miles of the California coast and one of the pilots relayed a veiled threat during the Fourth of July aerial incident, defense officials said.

“Good morning American pilots, we are here to greet you on your Fourth of July Independence Day,” a Russian Tu-95 Bear bomber crew member stated over the emergency aircraft channel."

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/russian-bombers-flew-within-40-…

|
71Fish
7/22/2015 5:24pm
Welcome to three weeks ago.
4stroke4DWIN
7/22/2015 7:35pm
Lol, still flying old ass prop driven bombers. Like taking a Yugo to an F1 race.
7/22/2015 7:57pm
I know nothing about nuke bombs........How much area could a new modern day nuke take out?
Honda11
7/22/2015 8:19pm
I know nothing about nuke bombs........How much area could a new modern day nuke take out?
Most of the world. Because if someone drops one on us, we have a couple to send back lol

The Shop

7/23/2015 9:54am
Putin is a freaking maniac. But since we scuttled our international credibility with illegal wars and occupations, the Russians are emboldened.
71Fish
7/23/2015 11:11am
Putin is a freaking maniac. But since we scuttled our international credibility with illegal wars and occupations, the Russians are emboldened.
Isn't that what the Russians are doing, right this minute?

I'm glad Hillary supported and voted for our resent wars. Hopefully she stands behind her vote and doesn't pull a Kerry.
7/23/2015 12:22pm
Russia seems pretty nuke-happy these days. Putin must be out of his mind to be messing around with provoking a nuke war:

The report on nuclear threats, “Foreign Nuclear Developments: The Gathering Storm,” warns that Russia, China, North Korea, and Iran are substantially increasing nuclear weapons and delivery systems at a time when the United States is reducing its reliance on nuclear forces.

The report singles out Russia’s buildup of new missiles, bombers, and submarines, combined with aggression in Ukraine and its leaders’ public nuclear threats, as especially alarming.

Russia’s new military doctrine, unveiled in December 2014, states Moscow will use nuclear arms if attacked with either nuclear or conventional weapons...
Putin was quoted in Russian state media saying Moscow was set to place its nuclear forces on alert during the March 2014 annexation of Crimea.

The Russian leader also has said Moscow is “one of the world’s biggest nuclear powers. These are not just words—this is the reality.” And in March he said, “Our nukes are always ready for action.”

The report said Russian bombers have penetrated NATO airspace and overflown Japan, and Russian nuclear forces have conducted mock drills simulating coordinated strikes against the United States and its allies.
hillbilly
7/23/2015 12:31pm
If the Russians landed or china in California this bunch in Washington wouldn't know what to do if they would do anything.

They were scared of Ronald ray guns, they know obama is a pussy,great big pussy.
Rooster
7/23/2015 1:52pm
You guys do the same thing to them all the time.

You call it military exercises or training missions.

I don't see the issue here. Calling Obama a pussy for it when you guys are doing it to them on a regular basis seems a tad bit of an overreaction. Either that or you're just clueless about your own foreign policy.
IWreckALot
7/23/2015 2:08pm
About the whole nuclear war thing. I firmly believe Russia, Iran or North Korea would not hesitate to do it to us. But I'm wondering what kind of president would nuke another country back. At this point it's a political talking point more than a counter measure for the U.S. If we were struck with a nuke, I think any president would find a different retaliation measure. I think we would just find where Putin or Kim dong un is hiding and take them out. And I think we would do the same with Iraq. I just think the U.S. Would fee a lot of blowback from our allies for using one even in a justified situation especially after seeing how Hiroshima turned out.
XXVoid MainXX
7/23/2015 2:12pm
The bomb that took out Hiroshima was equivalent of 12-15,000 tons of TNT. Back in the early 80s when I was in the air force we were hanging 1 megaton bombs under the wings of our fighter jets. That is equivalent of 1 MILLION tons of TNT, about 80 times more powerful than the Hiroshima bomb. And those were just small bombs hanging on fighter jets, and there are a lot of these things out there. Basically bad news.
71Fish
7/23/2015 3:57pm
It's not like the flew in undetected. It is actually quite good military strategy to let them penetrate.
XXVoid MainXX
7/24/2015 5:40am
They've been doing this for a while. Pretty sure if they nuke us it won't by by flying a bear in.

MR. X
7/24/2015 6:23am

Meanwhile the Ohio class submarine waits patiently for the Russians to screw up.
500guy
7/24/2015 3:04pm
The Russians are emboldened because our weak ass President and his policies has made the USA a laughing stock.

JW381
7/24/2015 3:46pm
I did not know this was a capability we had, thats actually quite remarkable. I thought so much of the emphasis during the arms race was on bigger and further. Learn something new everyday.
JW381
7/24/2015 3:48pm
500guy wrote:
The Russians are emboldened because our weak ass President and his policies has made the USA a laughing stock.

Again, these flyovers have been happening for quite some time, and are carried out by our air forces just as often, if not more. I truly have no clue where you guys come up with these opinions as to how we have become the laughing stock of the world due to any of Obama's policies or actions. I can say with almost absolute certainty that the rest of the world had far less respect for us when GWB was at the helm.
Uncle Tony
7/24/2015 3:56pm
I never feared the Russians, even back in the Cold War duck and cover days
Sunhouse
7/27/2015 2:38am
500guy wrote:

JW381 wrote:
Again, these flyovers have been happening for quite some time, and are carried out by our air forces just as often, if not more. I truly...
Again, these flyovers have been happening for quite some time, and are carried out by our air forces just as often, if not more. I truly have no clue where you guys come up with these opinions as to how we have become the laughing stock of the world due to any of Obama's policies or actions. I can say with almost absolute certainty that the rest of the world had far less respect for us when GWB was at the helm.
You sir, just made too much sense for anyone here to understand, as it was non-threatening, non-apocalyptic.
If people did some research they would know this happens all the time and that NATO is not very concerned with it.

Russia however are concerned with increased NATO presence in Eastern Europe, big military exercises, placement of troops, and the ridiculous intervention we did in Syria, denying Russian aid to the Syrian regime which is its ally, thus provoking the Russian anexation of Crimea to support one of its most important naval bases.

We invade and bomb countries with Russian influence due to the threat of terror, and then support the the same groups in other countries to topple Russian allies. And we wonder why the world has second thoughts about trusting the
West....?
JW381
7/27/2015 8:20am
They've been doing this for a while. Pretty sure if they nuke us it won't by by flying a bear in. [img]https://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/U.S./876/493/us-eagle-russia-bear.jpg[/img]
They've been doing this for a while. Pretty sure if they nuke us it won't by by flying a bear in.

There's a lot to be said for this photo. Talk about a huge technological swing towards the latter stages of the Cold War. Maybe we could have Jimmy Stewart fly some old B-36's over the Russian coast, just to scare 'em a little.

The Commies were fucked to begin with, they were spending far outside their means from the very get go, it was only a matter of time before it all collapsed. We didn't so much out-spend them as much as we simply outlasted them. I think that's evident in pictures such as these.
7/27/2015 3:57pm
Rooster wrote:
You guys do the same thing to them all the time. You call it military exercises or training missions. I don't see the issue here. Calling...
You guys do the same thing to them all the time.

You call it military exercises or training missions.

I don't see the issue here. Calling Obama a pussy for it when you guys are doing it to them on a regular basis seems a tad bit of an overreaction. Either that or you're just clueless about your own foreign policy.
as a former AF guy, the bombs don't move other that loaded into planes for training and testing or the maintenance shop. That would be an act of war if they are flown. It was our job to stay with them and know where they went, the bombs that is.

Post a reply to: Russkies flying nuke bombers off US coast

The Latest