Rolling coal

Edited Date/Time 8/5/2014 7:04am
What do you dudes think about this? (Rolling coal?)

http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/health-wellness/2014/07/27/diesel-…

Craig Wedge floors his pickup and the souped-up diesel engine of his Ford F-350 Power Stroke rumbles like a muscle car, blasting black smoke through an unfiltered exhaust pipe.

He and other diesel enthusiasts call this burst of unburned fuel “rolling coal”; for many of them, it is an act of protest against environmental regulations. In defiance of the law, coal rollers disable or discard their trucks’ pollution controls and modify their engines to maximize power and blow smoke with the flip of a switch.

My thought is this-
1. a stereotype gets created of pickup truck owners as anti-environment.
2. Some of the stupider ones actually conform to the stereotype.
3. Some of the really, really ignorant ones go so far as to celebrate the stereotype, creating a self-fulfilling prophecy of a pickup owner who is also a gigantic, gaping asshole.

|
newmann
7/28/2014 10:34am
Kind of like a Gay Pride parade isn't it?
7/28/2014 11:38am
newmann wrote:
So I assume you are creating a narrative in which there is a line, with gay people on one side, and pickup drivers on the other?

The gay people spread their gayness, and the "coal rollers" spread air pollution. I get it.
Not really.
huck
7/28/2014 11:56am
What do you dudes think about this? (Rolling coal?) http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/health-wellness/2014/07/27/diesel-truck-enthusiasts-roll-coal-protest-environmental-regulations/rAMeh2yyrZ8GeKWemcJFWM/story.html [i]Craig Wedge floors his pickup and the souped-up diesel engine of his Ford F-350 Power Stroke...
What do you dudes think about this? (Rolling coal?)

http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/health-wellness/2014/07/27/diesel-…

Craig Wedge floors his pickup and the souped-up diesel engine of his Ford F-350 Power Stroke rumbles like a muscle car, blasting black smoke through an unfiltered exhaust pipe.

He and other diesel enthusiasts call this burst of unburned fuel “rolling coal”; for many of them, it is an act of protest against environmental regulations. In defiance of the law, coal rollers disable or discard their trucks’ pollution controls and modify their engines to maximize power and blow smoke with the flip of a switch.

My thought is this-
1. a stereotype gets created of pickup truck owners as anti-environment.
2. Some of the stupider ones actually conform to the stereotype.
3. Some of the really, really ignorant ones go so far as to celebrate the stereotype, creating a self-fulfilling prophecy of a pickup owner who is also a gigantic, gaping asshole.

I think they are complete fucking idiots and should be pulled out of their trucks and beat! Especially the ones that do it in traffic just to fuck with people....
IWreckALot
7/28/2014 1:03pm
My opinion is that they're doing more damage than good by "rolling coal" and I agree that the intentional flogging should be a ticketable offense for intentional abusers. And it likely is in some/most states.

I don't believe the government needs to step in and regulate the vehicle itself because that creates a tax and purchasing burden to people who truly need those trucks at the price they're selling. But I do believe there are more effective ways for these individuals to "protest" than being assholes.

The Shop

rosebud441
7/28/2014 1:08pm
Fucking ridiculous.. Complete fools showing what few brain cells they have left...
Shiftfaced
7/28/2014 1:31pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2014 1:35pm
I think that EVERY SINGLE ONE of these cyclists is either on the white line, or to the right of it. Listen to the little squeals that this pecker has as he imposes himself on them.

Racer92
7/28/2014 1:41pm
huck wrote:
I think they are complete fucking idiots and should be pulled out of their trucks and beat! Especially the ones that do it in traffic just...
I think they are complete fucking idiots and should be pulled out of their trucks and beat! Especially the ones that do it in traffic just to fuck with people....
This
huck
7/28/2014 1:58pm
huck wrote:
I think they are complete fucking idiots and should be pulled out of their trucks and beat! Especially the ones that do it in traffic just...
Racer92 wrote:
This
Most of them are tools that don't need a diesel truck anyway...and just get them because they are "cool"....
7/28/2014 2:48pm
This thing is going pretty viral. It's really giving the green freaks a lot of ammo.
rosebud441
7/28/2014 3:04pm
Don't think you have to be a green freak to be offended...
Shiftfaced
7/28/2014 3:12pm
rosebud441 wrote:
Don't think you have to be a green freak to be offended...
That is exactly what I was thinking. These guys have no idea what political leaning their "coal rolling" recipients have, but I would say that it is pretty clear what kind of political leaning these "coal rollers" have.

Anybody who might be sitting on any fence sees this, and they fall away from these dumbasses.

All this "coal rolling" is doing is making a slew of political enemies.
newmann
7/28/2014 3:14pm
newmann wrote:
So I assume you are creating a narrative in which there is a line, with gay people on one side, and pickup drivers on the other...
So I assume you are creating a narrative in which there is a line, with gay people on one side, and pickup drivers on the other?

The gay people spread their gayness, and the "coal rollers" spread air pollution. I get it.
Not really.
No. How many gay people do you know who are just normal people who go through their day like everyone else? And then how many do you know who are like this?, This is your coal roller by the way...

newmann
7/28/2014 3:20pm
No different that the dumbphuck open carry bozo's here in Texas. Attention whoring at it's finest. Take these two fucktards for example, they are now the poster boys for OCT.

XXVoid MainXX
7/28/2014 3:27pm
I've had them do that to me on my motorcycle before. What they don't realize is that I actually love the smell of diesel smoke. Smile But, since I know they were doing it to me to piss me off this is how I usually handle the situation:

https://youtu.be/afSuXbggSVs
reded
7/28/2014 5:20pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2014 5:25pm
huck wrote:
Racer92 wrote:
This
This X infinity.

I hate the smell of that shit and wanna peat the piss out of every assfuck who thinks it's funny to do it when I'm behind them at a stoplight on my Harley. It looks as stupid to me as a gas truck would with that much blue smoke pouring from it.

I wish they'd start fining the fuck out of them for it.
tunedlength
7/28/2014 9:05pm
I've had them do that to me on my motorcycle before. What they don't realize is that I actually love the smell of diesel smoke. :)...
I've had them do that to me on my motorcycle before. What they don't realize is that I actually love the smell of diesel smoke. Smile But, since I know they were doing it to me to piss me off this is how I usually handle the situation:

https://youtu.be/afSuXbggSVs
Haha!
Mr. G
7/28/2014 10:39pm
Honestly I think they are just pissed off at the environmentalists and they then go about showing this disagreement in a way that may at the end of the day hurt their cause. I like the boldness but the effect is wanting.
Ebs
7/28/2014 11:23pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2014 11:23pm
The dudes with stacks on their overfueled diesel pickups are the same guys who had fart cans and wings on their Honda Civics 10 years ago.
enketchum
7/28/2014 11:41pm
Brad460 wrote:
Sorry not embedded ...but this is hilarious..

http://youtu.be/7DC4ZdPVp1g

If that happened to me, I would have jumped on the boat trailer and started ripping all the electronics out of it. Go ahead and show the police the video you made of me getting on the boat...
7/29/2014 7:27am
I knew douchebags in high school (10yrs ago) who would do that to people. I thought it was dumb then and it is dumb now. For most of them, it isn't a protest against the greenies, they are just being dicks to people who are going about their own business. I say pull the over and impound their shit.
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
7/29/2014 7:56am
With bicycles and motorcycles I am careful not to smoke them, I sometime don't pass motorcycles so as to not screw with their air. You ride on my bumper for no reason I will smoke you out, tough shit. Try to pull me out of the truck and I will poke your eyes out.
IWreckALot
7/29/2014 8:28am
newmann wrote:
No different that the dumbphuck open carry bozo's here in Texas. Attention whoring at it's finest. Take these two fucktards for example, they are now the...
No different that the dumbphuck open carry bozo's here in Texas. Attention whoring at it's finest. Take these two fucktards for example, they are now the poster boys for OCT.

I started to say something about the open carry dudes but didn't want to turn the thread to a gun debate. But you're absolutely right. It's the minority that seem to speak the loudest. Right WRONG or indifferent. They seem to be where the media and the liberal/ green idiots seem to focus on.
PalerBlue
7/29/2014 10:28am
newmann wrote:
No different that the dumbphuck open carry bozo's here in Texas. Attention whoring at it's finest. Take these two fucktards for example, they are now the...

IWreckALot wrote:
I started to say something about the open carry dudes but didn't want to turn the thread to a gun debate. But you're absolutely right. It's...
I started to say something about the open carry dudes but didn't want to turn the thread to a gun debate. But you're absolutely right. It's the minority that seem to speak the loudest. Right WRONG or indifferent. They seem to be where the media and the liberal/ green idiots seem to focus on.
The media focus on these guys, paedophile priests, bad cops and politicians on the take because they exist. Non-representative they may be but, as with all the others I've mentioned, the fact that there are any, is a problem.
Luckily the smokey boys wouldn't survive 2 minutes on the road here before the police shut them down.

Btw my little list is not exhaustive. Add your own (UN)favourites.
IWreckALot
7/29/2014 10:44am
PalerBlue wrote:
The media focus on these guys, paedophile priests, bad cops and politicians on the take because they [i]exist[/i]. Non-representative they may be but, as with all...
The media focus on these guys, paedophile priests, bad cops and politicians on the take because they exist. Non-representative they may be but, as with all the others I've mentioned, the fact that there are any, is a problem.
Luckily the smokey boys wouldn't survive 2 minutes on the road here before the police shut them down.

I agree they're a problem, but the government's fix for the very small representative group really fucks way more people in the end. That's why I suggest the police take a very strict stance rather than addressing the auto makers.
PalerBlue
7/29/2014 10:46am
PalerBlue wrote:
The media focus on these guys, paedophile priests, bad cops and politicians on the take because they [i]exist[/i]. Non-representative they may be but, as with all...

IWreckALot wrote:
I agree they're a problem, but the government's fix for the very small representative group really fucks way more people in the end. That's why I...
I agree they're a problem, but the government's fix for the very small representative group really fucks way more people in the end. That's why I suggest the police take a very strict stance rather than addressing the auto makers.
I couldn't agree more Smile
ehr400
7/29/2014 11:00am
One group going to the extreme with one item and another doing the same.
7/29/2014 11:55am
newmann wrote:
So I assume you are creating a narrative in which there is a line, with gay people on one side, and pickup drivers on the other...

Not really.
newmann wrote:
No. How many gay people do you know who are just normal people who go through their day like everyone else? And then how many do...
No. How many gay people do you know who are just normal people who go through their day like everyone else? And then how many do you know who are like this?, This is your coal roller by the way...

ah....I gotcha. Sorry Newmann
reded
7/29/2014 4:06pm Edited Date/Time 7/29/2014 4:11pm
IWreckALot wrote:
I agree they're a problem, but the government's fix for the very small representative group really fucks way more people in the end. That's why I...
There's really no way to police it other than to force the automakers to build an ECM that can't be hacked and if it is, it either becomes inop or goes into limp mode. Seriously, these trucks are making what, 600-700ft lbs of torque from the factory?

Every one of these hick fucksticks that roll coal (gayest term ever) could tow his single wide house behind it.
Racer92
7/29/2014 4:19pm
reded wrote:
There's really no way to police it other than to force the automakers to build an ECM that can't be hacked and if it is, it...
There's really no way to police it other than to force the automakers to build an ECM that can't be hacked and if it is, it either becomes inop or goes into limp mode. Seriously, these trucks are making what, 600-700ft lbs of torque from the factory?

Every one of these hick fucksticks that roll coal (gayest term ever) could tow his single wide house behind it.
The vast majority of ECM hacking is to delete the stupid DPF, not roll any coal. Truth is, most ECM 'stock' tunes do not make smoke at all even if you stomp it.

Post a reply to: Rolling coal

The Latest