Riding Colorado...

XXVoid MainXX
Edited Date/Time 7/21/2015 2:59pm
On the street:

Rode all over Colorado this last week. On Monarch Pass:

My buddy taking a break next to my bike on Independence Pass:

Have to stop at Hellett on the way home to race so switching the bike back to race mode in the parking lot:

Yesterday on Monarch Pass on the way to Tulsa:

|
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
7/17/2015 2:53pm
Damn, that looks like a blast.

I'm jealous AngryWinkSmile
peelout
7/17/2015 3:06pm
awesome!

Colorado is absolutely beautiful, i'm really trying to set up an adventure ride over there some time. thanks for sharing

The Shop

JBernard_401
7/17/2015 4:50pm
i was on that exact road 2 wks ago. aspen to independence pass was SKETCHY road!

such an awesome place. trying to find some way to move to CO. sucks down here.
XXVoid MainXX
7/17/2015 8:18pm
I would love to move out there too! At least for the summers. Smile Independence was sketchy but that 550 between Ouray and Silverton is about 10 times worse! Smile
XXVoid MainXX
7/17/2015 8:22pm
Only 2 of us were on street bikes. The other 15 guys were on dirt bikes. Forgot to post a picture of a few of the dirty bikes mixed in:

RACERX69
7/18/2015 7:04am Edited Date/Time 7/18/2015 7:35am
post deleted.
RACERX69
7/18/2015 7:29am Edited Date/Time 7/18/2015 8:24am
Void,

Nice! I just returned from a week in Colorado with a group of buds, myself. We did Cement Creek, Taylor Park and the Ouray/Uncompagre areas. Rode 350 miles over 4 days. The views and the riding were incredible, not to mention each days post ride festivities. If you're into dirt bikes, you owe it to yourself to plan a Colorado trip. We've already rented a cabin in Taylor Park for next year.

TailSoHard
7/18/2015 8:15am
Sweet! I'm heading out there second week of August, but sadly can't bring the street bike with me... Will be doing some off-road riding, and hopefully be at Trestle to do some mountain biking for a couple days. Can't wait!
Utrider
Fantasy
1521st
7/18/2015 8:23am
I was on a street bike ride the first week of July, in Colorado also.

We crossed into Colorado just south of Moab, through LaSal Pass. Went down the west side to Cortez (no Tomac sightings, I looked). Then up through Telluride, over Ridgway and down through Ouray, Silverton and Durango. Beautiful roads, after Durango, we went through Pagosa over Wolf Creek pass then turned onto the same highway you were on, through Creede and Lake City.

That Lake City was an interesting place, population of probably 500 or less most of the year, and has a bunch of pretty big name country artists coming into town to play. Very friendly folks there, lots of Texans? I asked one guy about it, and he proceeded to tell me that Texas was a big place, but they don't have any big mountains............then made sure I heard about how on the original map Colorado was included in Texas, LOL!!!

Once we got to Hwy 50, we high tailed it to Pueblo (sister just moved there, obligatory visit). When we went over Monarch Pass the sky opened up and pounded us for about 20 minutes the entire descent. Good Times!

On the way back, we came through Breckinridge, looks like a fun little town. On up to Steamboat and back out Hwy 40.

It looks like from your video the state of Colorado must have used their entire guardrail budget to go over Independence Pass, cuz there sure weren't many on any of the other roads.

We were on cruisers, I have some video I'll try to get it edited an post some up.
Old-Man
7/18/2015 10:53am Edited Date/Time 7/18/2015 10:54am
Very Cool Todd.....That crazy rain we have this year has made the Mountain so green. I see snow still on the pass shot.
We'll be going thru Independance pass next month for the Mudderella in Snowmass
Good stuff!
JBernard_401
7/18/2015 2:52pm
TailSoHard wrote:
Sweet! I'm heading out there second week of August, but sadly can't bring the street bike with me... Will be doing some off-road riding, and hopefully...
Sweet! I'm heading out there second week of August, but sadly can't bring the street bike with me... Will be doing some off-road riding, and hopefully be at Trestle to do some mountain biking for a couple days. Can't wait!
PM me if you want any tips/help on trestle. been there 4 times. just got back.
XXVoid MainXX
7/19/2015 5:05pm Edited Date/Time 7/19/2015 5:14pm
Ha! Looks like that one picture is the top of the brewery in Ouray where we stopped to get a beer (I had an IPA, pretty good one). We used to ride Taylor park every 2 years. I've been 4 times I think. Couple of shots from this weekend at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit (near Tulsa):

The heat was unbearable! On Saturday I led about 8 or 10 laps of my race then I remembered I am an old fat man who was about to have heat stroke. I ended up 4th. Sunday I actually ran a little faster but ended up 5th. Was around 100 degrees both days (without wind chill). Smile
RACERX69
7/19/2015 8:25pm
Ha! You nailed it! It's the Ouray Brewery. Great place for after ride beers. I liked the 550 Red Ale. We found the Ouray folks to be pretty dirt biker friendly. Telluride and Crested Butte...errr...not so much! Stopped for lunch in both places and discovered the Tree Huggers weren't too excited to see us. We rolled right up on Elk street in CB, parked our bikes and walked to a little pizza place/brew pub. The people looked/glared at us like we were the Hells Angels! Pretty funny actually! Telluride was much the same.

Btw...your hand drag photo is killer!
XXVoid MainXX
7/19/2015 8:51pm
Yeah, my buddies told me they were riding this one trail and came upon a hiker that just turned their back to them and stuck their fingers in their ears. Must be the 4-strokers. Smile
peelout
7/21/2015 8:38am
Utrider wrote:
I was on a street bike ride the first week of July, in Colorado also. We crossed into Colorado just south of Moab, through LaSal Pass...
I was on a street bike ride the first week of July, in Colorado also.

We crossed into Colorado just south of Moab, through LaSal Pass. Went down the west side to Cortez (no Tomac sightings, I looked). Then up through Telluride, over Ridgway and down through Ouray, Silverton and Durango. Beautiful roads, after Durango, we went through Pagosa over Wolf Creek pass then turned onto the same highway you were on, through Creede and Lake City.

That Lake City was an interesting place, population of probably 500 or less most of the year, and has a bunch of pretty big name country artists coming into town to play. Very friendly folks there, lots of Texans? I asked one guy about it, and he proceeded to tell me that Texas was a big place, but they don't have any big mountains............then made sure I heard about how on the original map Colorado was included in Texas, LOL!!!

Once we got to Hwy 50, we high tailed it to Pueblo (sister just moved there, obligatory visit). When we went over Monarch Pass the sky opened up and pounded us for about 20 minutes the entire descent. Good Times!

On the way back, we came through Breckinridge, looks like a fun little town. On up to Steamboat and back out Hwy 40.

It looks like from your video the state of Colorado must have used their entire guardrail budget to go over Independence Pass, cuz there sure weren't many on any of the other roads.

We were on cruisers, I have some video I'll try to get it edited an post some up.
i did that exact same route except backwards about 10 years ago, except i was in the passenger seat of a work truck. we did a little golfing along the way, beautiful country. a street bike would have been killer, amazing views and i swear the distance from the road down to the bottom is a few miles in places
Old-Man
7/21/2015 2:59pm
Heres a street shot of that spot your standing..

Ouray is the best, we like to chill in the Hot springs after a long day of riding, walking through town is relaxing too.

We go every Labor day...Looking at these photo's I cant wait to get back there in a month

Post a reply to: Riding Colorado...

The Latest