Quite possibly the most awesome thing Ive seen

mx757
Edited Date/Time 8/21/2013 7:20am
in baseball lately. And the crowd goes wild

|
Sandberm
8/18/2013 9:11pm
He was a hell of a player for the Mariners. Who was his agent when he went to the Rangers? Scott Boris I believe. What ever happened to that guy?
AZ35
Fantasy
544th
8/18/2013 9:18pm
Haha...!

I never watch boringball, but that was great payback for Mr. Innocent Victim.
TeamGreen
8/18/2013 9:20pm
Wow.

I'm NOT EVEN AN A-Rod fan; but, I hope that Bitch on the mound gets his ass SERIOUSLY KICKED.

There's nothing funny about that.

Not a fucking thing.

Ever been hit by a fast pitch?

I didn't think so.
fcr
8/18/2013 9:34pm
Not cool at all. I'm not a fan of arod either. I don't like the throwing at the batter move, it can kill and Bball players always clear the bench and have sissy fights.

The Shop

SEEMEFIRST
8/18/2013 11:05pm
fcr wrote:
Not cool at all. I'm not a fan of arod either. I don't like the throwing at the batter move, it can kill and Bball players...
Not cool at all. I'm not a fan of arod either. I don't like the throwing at the batter move, it can kill and Bball players always clear the bench and have sissy fights.
Unless you go after Nolan Ryan. He don't talk much.Cool
JW381
8/19/2013 12:30am
That muh fucka is pissin blood tonight. A-Rod looks like he's about to cry lol. I guess I'd feel like a POS too if someone threw a rocket pitch at me and a few thousand people cheered him for it. A rich POS, I might add...
S.Loyer
8/19/2013 1:26am
JW381 wrote:
That muh fucka is pissin blood tonight. A-Rod looks like he's about to cry lol. I guess I'd feel like a POS too if someone threw...
That muh fucka is pissin blood tonight. A-Rod looks like he's about to cry lol. I guess I'd feel like a POS too if someone threw a rocket pitch at me and a few thousand people cheered him for it. A rich POS, I might add...
Id be crying if a pitch hit me.
No place for that behavior even if A-rod is a piece of shit.
XXVoid MainXX
8/19/2013 5:38am
Never liked arod but that was sad on so many levels. The "fans" are pathetic.
jndmx
8/19/2013 5:58am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2013 5:59am
Well I certainly don't think it was awesome but it happens...

Throwing at guys to show that the team doesn't like him has been happening in baseball since the old days.
"Putting one in his ear" was a common practice for the old timers, a lot more frowned upon after what happened to Tony C back in the 60's.

It wasn't an obvious attempt to hurt him like throwing at his head but it was definitely meant to send a message.
The first one was a reasonable way to say "hey we think you're an asshole", hitting him the second time was a little excessive and the guy deserved to be tossed.

Those guys settle things out on the field just like racers will punt a guy off the track to settle a score.....it's dangerous but it's part of sports.
Hockey anyone?
newmann
8/19/2013 6:13am
If Arod had casually walked out to the mound and beat the shit out of the pitcher with his bat I would be laughing my ass off at that.

If you are going to pull shit like that, you better be in a position to win the game. They didn't did they?
huck
8/19/2013 6:55am
You guys think that's bad, but say it's ok for Mookie to punt bambam off the track, and into guide wires? Great logic....
Racer92
8/19/2013 6:56am
I dont care for baseball, but that was really chickenshit and those 'fans' are losers too.

Wonderful role models that sport has, no wonder kids are punks nowadays.
borg
8/19/2013 7:12am
The head should be off limits but otherwise it's a useful tool for teams to get a little revenge. Ramirez got his Saturday for spending a little too much time appreciating his own home Friday night. I hate grandstanding and gloating. It's also good way to get revenge on the opposing pitcher. Oh wait....the American league doesn't allow their pitchers to bat. Another reason why the DH is such POS rule.
jndmx
8/19/2013 7:17am
huck wrote:
You guys think that's bad, but say it's ok for Mookie to punt bambam off the track, and into guide wires? Great logic....
Bingo....especially all you old school guys that love the contact and aggression.

"I wasn't trying to hit the bike I was trying to break his leg"
Hannah takes a "300lb tub of shit" motorcycle and rams it straight at Howertons leg....definitely could have been a career ending injury and he is a hero, a legend and badass.

Pitcher throws a half speed ball into a guy well below the shoulders and he's a "bitch" who should have his ass kicked.....LMAO.

Surprised you guys don't fall jumping the fence so much.
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
8/19/2013 12:53pm
The all-time single-season record belongs to hughie Jennings, who was hit 51 times during the 1896 season. Ron Hunt of the 1971 Montreal Expos was hit 50 times during that year, the modern-day record. The single-game record is three, held by numerous players.
bsm121
8/19/2013 12:57pm
jndmx wrote:
Bingo....especially all you old school guys that love the contact and aggression. "I wasn't trying to hit the bike I was trying to break his leg"...
Bingo....especially all you old school guys that love the contact and aggression.

Hannah takes a "300lb tub of shit" motorcycle and rams it straight at Howertons leg....definitely could have been a career ending injury and he is a hero, a legend and badass.

Pitcher throws a half speed ball into a guy well below the shoulders and he's a "bitch" who should have his ass kicked.....LMAO.

Half speed? Really?
88sdad
8/19/2013 1:09pm
There was a bounty paid... More tonight at 6:00
Sandberm
8/19/2013 2:00pm
huck wrote:
jndmx wrote:
Bingo....especially all you old school guys that love the contact and aggression. "I wasn't trying to hit the bike I was trying to break his leg"...

I agree with jndmx.

Soft toss into his back to say... " Fuck you Yankee cheating scum, get your Madonna loving ass the fuck out of Boston". That's classic Yankee/Red Sox love right there.
TeamGreen
8/19/2013 3:03pm
huck wrote:
jndmx wrote:

Actually, it was the 2nd Pitch that makes the Pitcher a Bitch. Absolutely.

Here's the thing: I've seen this get resolved "After the Fact". This is one of those things where someone's going to remember it at the Wrong Time and at the Wrong Place.

The Pitcher has one coming. An UGLY one, at that. Seeing this pussy with a broken nose, jaw or F'd up eye before season's end is likely.

Me? I'd be stoked see him get his Hypocritical Ass KICKED on the field.

Boston: Where Ireland sends it's Idiots.
jonjon714
8/19/2013 3:25pm
No one is a bigger punk than Rodriquez, the king of bush league. Slapping the ball out of a first baseman's glove, running across the pitching mound, yelling "I got it" when he's a runner on base and there's a popup.

There is an entire guide of when to throw at someone in baseball...valuable and important part of the game. I'm not talking about beanball which is a pitch thrown at someone's head.

Lastly at those laying it to the fans it's the Red Sox and Yankees for Christ's sake.....
8/19/2013 4:03pm
Seems fine to me. Thats why we watch sports, for rivalries, drama, competitiveness, athleticism, talent and so on. Im not a huge fan of baseball, but if that happened in hockey, the pitcher would have his block knocked off the next time the teams met. See Raffi Torres. But that shit is all interesting to me.
XXVoid MainXX
8/19/2013 4:05pm
If I were Boston I would fire the pitcher for taking 4 pitches to actually hit him. Surprised he made it out of little league.
jndmx
8/19/2013 4:46pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2013 4:47pm
Lastly at those laying it to the fans it's the Red Sox and Yankees for Christ's sake.....

Lot to be said for that right there....it's a sports rivalry that goes back a fucking century.
There have been dozens of bench clearing brawls....in 67 Reggie Smith picked up the Yankees pitcher and body slammed him.....Don Zimmer was coaching for the yankees when he was frickin 70 years old and he tried to fight Pedro Martinez.

Hell growing up in the 70's playing sandlot ball, there would be fights over the Sox/Yankees games between kids living in the same neighborhoods....it goes way back for a lot of folks.

That part aside:
A-Rod has shit talked about a lot of teams over this whole PED thing so I wouldn't be surprised to see him take some lumps when he stands in the batters box this year in a lot of ballparks.
olddude
8/19/2013 6:31pm
Even worse was the quad film after that. Although I made it to the 2 min mark. Thought it might get better.

Yahoo was reporting that the pitcher was mad over being snubbed at a party or som chit.
borg
8/19/2013 7:18pm
Seems fine to me. Thats why we watch sports, for rivalries, drama, competitiveness, athleticism, talent and so on. Im not a huge fan of baseball, but...
Seems fine to me. Thats why we watch sports, for rivalries, drama, competitiveness, athleticism, talent and so on. Im not a huge fan of baseball, but if that happened in hockey, the pitcher would have his block knocked off the next time the teams met. See Raffi Torres. But that shit is all interesting to me.
If this was the National league, the pitcher WOULD have to face the music the next time they meet.
NP301
8/19/2013 7:25pm
Who the HELL CARES?????? I don't care that he was using, and I feel he should not be prosectued and penalized.
8/19/2013 7:49pm
NP301 wrote:
Who the HELL CARES?????? I don't care that he was using, and I feel he should not be prosectued and penalized.
I understand your view. Many folks I talk to about the doping issue in baseball say to let them pump up all the shit they can. But rules are rules and every one should be held to the same standards. That would be like a mx dude using a 490 in the 450 class--still cheating.
Joemx
8/20/2013 2:15pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2013 2:16pm
huck wrote:
jndmx wrote:

Hannah only rammed his "300 lb tub of shit" into Howerton , AFTER Howerton had already done it to him first. Howerton was one of the dirtiest riders of his era if not THE dirtiest. Ask Jojo Keller.
huck
8/20/2013 2:29pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Actually, it was the 2nd Pitch that makes the Pitcher a Bitch. Absolutely. Here's the thing: I've seen this get resolved "After the Fact". This is...
Actually, it was the 2nd Pitch that makes the Pitcher a Bitch. Absolutely.

Here's the thing: I've seen this get resolved "After the Fact". This is one of those things where someone's going to remember it at the Wrong Time and at the Wrong Place.

The Pitcher has one coming. An UGLY one, at that. Seeing this pussy with a broken nose, jaw or F'd up eye before season's end is likely.

Me? I'd be stoked see him get his Hypocritical Ass KICKED on the field.

Boston: Where Ireland sends it's Idiots.
Seeing him with a broken nose, jaw or F'd up eye before season's end is likely. -

Wanna bet?
The whole league thinks A-Rod is a-douche.

It would be funny to see Ryan traded to the Yankees though. lol
bsm121
8/20/2013 6:19pm
huck wrote:
jndmx wrote:

Sandberm wrote:
I agree with jndmx. Soft toss into his back to say... " Fuck you Yankee cheating scum, get your Madonna loving ass the fuck out of...
I agree with jndmx.

Soft toss into his back to say... " Fuck you Yankee cheating scum, get your Madonna loving ass the fuck out of Boston". That's classic Yankee/Red Sox love right there.
"Soft toss" and "half speed"???

I don't care who's side you're on, there is nothing pleasant about getting plunked by a big league fastball.

Post a reply to: Quite possibly the most awesome thing Ive seen

The Latest