Question your sanity?

XXVoid MainXX
7/23/2014 6:07pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2014 6:14pm
MxKing809 wrote:
THANKS PS! I've been off the meds for a couple weeks now, so I guess I'm just on a roll! Im just really super bored at...
THANKS PS!

I've been off the meds for a couple weeks now, so I guess I'm just on a roll!

Im just really super bored at home...

Whats your MSMX handle? I don't think you're on my list!

About Aliens.......

Ask Neil DT about aliens and he'll agree its mathematically probable. There are billions and billions of 'earth like planets' that could support life. Our planet has been around for Billions of years and intelligent life is pretty recent in our worlds history. Is its hard to imagine another planet that started their viable intelligent life form development in the same time frame as dinosaurs?

Imagine where our civilization was 500 years ago and where we may be in 65 Million years.....

I do believe its somewhat arrogant to not only believe were alone, but also the most advanced.
If there are alien civilizations that have been around millions of years longer than we have , don't you think they would be technologically advanced enough...
If there are alien civilizations that have been around millions of years longer than we have , don't you think they would be technologically advanced enough to bridge the gap and visit us? Would we even exist if they could?
Out of the gazillion places in the universe to visit why would they travel the thousands/millions of years it would take to get here when they couldn't possibly know anyone would be here when they got here? Our earliest radio waves have only made it 100 light years from earth.

MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
7/23/2014 6:54pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2014 7:05pm
One curious correlation is the rumored recovered craft in Roswell and the subsequent flux in technology. Fiberoptics, nano chips, Aero Gel....

The Bob Lazar story is an interesting read. The guy claims to had his life deleted by the government, and claims to have worked on recovered alien tech.
7/23/2014 7:36pm
MxKing809 wrote:
THANKS PS! I've been off the meds for a couple weeks now, so I guess I'm just on a roll! Im just really super bored at...
THANKS PS!

I've been off the meds for a couple weeks now, so I guess I'm just on a roll!

Im just really super bored at home...

Whats your MSMX handle? I don't think you're on my list!

About Aliens.......

Ask Neil DT about aliens and he'll agree its mathematically probable. There are billions and billions of 'earth like planets' that could support life. Our planet has been around for Billions of years and intelligent life is pretty recent in our worlds history. Is its hard to imagine another planet that started their viable intelligent life form development in the same time frame as dinosaurs?

Imagine where our civilization was 500 years ago and where we may be in 65 Million years.....

I do believe its somewhat arrogant to not only believe were alone, but also the most advanced.
If there are alien civilizations that have been around millions of years longer than we have , don't you think they would be technologically advanced enough...
If there are alien civilizations that have been around millions of years longer than we have , don't you think they would be technologically advanced enough to bridge the gap and visit us? Would we even exist if they could?
Out of the gazillion places in the universe to visit why would they travel the thousands/millions of years it would take to get here when they...
Out of the gazillion places in the universe to visit why would they travel the thousands/millions of years it would take to get here when they couldn't possibly know anyone would be here when they got here? Our earliest radio waves have only made it 100 light years from earth.

Don't you think they would have the technology to know if we were here or not?

The Shop

Fantasy
4478th
7/24/2014 5:44am

Racer92
7/24/2014 6:59am
"Out of the gazillion places in the universe to visit why would they travel the thousands/millions of years it would take to get here when they couldn't possibly know anyone would be here when they got here? Our earliest radio waves have only made it 100 light years from earth."

The distances and timeframes involved are staggering. No truly enlightened intelligence would want waste its time with us. Would be like humans trying to chat with algae.

Homo sapien is a ridiculously primitive critter that is so chock fulla hubris & narcissism it actually thinks it has a clue.
7/24/2014 7:45am
Racer92 wrote:
[b]"Out of the gazillion places in the universe to visit why would they travel the thousands/millions of years it would take to get here when they...
"Out of the gazillion places in the universe to visit why would they travel the thousands/millions of years it would take to get here when they couldn't possibly know anyone would be here when they got here? Our earliest radio waves have only made it 100 light years from earth."

The distances and timeframes involved are staggering. No truly enlightened intelligence would want waste its time with us. Would be like humans trying to chat with algae.

Homo sapien is a ridiculously primitive critter that is so chock fulla hubris & narcissism it actually thinks it has a clue.
That's assuming they would all have the same mindset? If there are millions of advanced civilizations out there then the likelihood some would want our resources, make us slaves, use our planet as a military outpost, are just plain mean, like eating exotic meats, use our hair for fancy coats, are aggressive predators, think we would make great pets, try to better us, try to convert us to their beliefs etc. etc. is just a likely as some would leave us be out of indifference.
Racer92
7/24/2014 8:15am
That's assuming they would all have the same mindset? If there are millions of advanced civilizations out there then the likelihood some would want our resources...
That's assuming they would all have the same mindset? If there are millions of advanced civilizations out there then the likelihood some would want our resources, make us slaves, use our planet as a military outpost, are just plain mean, like eating exotic meats, use our hair for fancy coats, are aggressive predators, think we would make great pets, try to better us, try to convert us to their beliefs etc. etc. is just a likely as some would leave us be out of indifference.
Any 'intelligence' that 'thinks' like you just described would be intellectually as juvenile and handicapped as we are and wouldnt be able to cross the expanses of space/time to get here during the timeframe which homo sapien exists on this rock. Face it, we havent been here long, and we wont be here very long.

Further, you attached human characteristics (read, flaws) in your description. Pets? Slaves? Military? All emotion based human flaws. Any intelligence that is advanced enough to have figured out who to get around the Universe and its expanses, will have long evolved past the stuff you described. There is no place for emotion in advanced science and intelligence. Emotion is a flaw that keeps us back. It can be argued that since we are the top of the food chain and have no natural predator, our built-in population limiting device is emotion.
XXVoid MainXX
7/24/2014 8:24am
Out of the gazillion places in the universe to visit why would they travel the thousands/millions of years it would take to get here when they...

Don't you think they would have the technology to know if we were here or not?
No, I don't. I am almost certain of it. Smile
jtomasik
7/24/2014 8:33am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2014 8:43am
I wouldn't be so quick to discount possibilities presently unknown to us. Entangled photons have been observed to transfer information between each other faster than the speed of light, if I remember correctly. When we dive into behavior of quantum particles, there have been a few very strange observations that violate Einstein's speed limiting theories. Presently it isn't possible (by us) to turn these events into anything useful, but that doesn't mean there aren't ways of doing so. (personally, I'm hoping they can at some level and make a practical quantum-based computer)

Could aliens exist? I believe it's possible. Do I think aliens have been here or are here? I highly doubt it. But, technologies might exist in advanced civilizations that allow them to observe us outside of the limitations we understand. So, speculations about what they can and can't do based on our technologies may not mean much.
XXVoid MainXX
7/24/2014 8:36am
MxKing809 wrote:
One curious correlation is the rumored recovered craft in Roswell and the subsequent flux in technology. Fiberoptics, nano chips, Aero Gel.... The Bob Lazar story is...
One curious correlation is the rumored recovered craft in Roswell and the subsequent flux in technology. Fiberoptics, nano chips, Aero Gel....

The Bob Lazar story is an interesting read. The guy claims to had his life deleted by the government, and claims to have worked on recovered alien tech.
Lazar is a pretty good story teller with a wild imagination:

http://www.otherhand.org/home-page/area-51-and-other-strange-places/blu…
XXVoid MainXX
7/24/2014 8:40am
jtomasik wrote:
I wouldn't be so quick to discount possibilities presently unknown to us. Entangled photons have been observed to transfer information between each other faster than the...
I wouldn't be so quick to discount possibilities presently unknown to us. Entangled photons have been observed to transfer information between each other faster than the speed of light, if I remember correctly. When we dive into behavior of quantum particles, there have been a few very strange observations that violate Einstein's speed limiting theories. Presently it isn't possible (by us) to turn these events into anything useful, but that doesn't mean there aren't ways of doing so. (personally, I'm hoping they can at some level and make a practical quantum-based computer)

Could aliens exist? I believe it's possible. Do I think aliens have been here or are here? I highly doubt it. But, technologies might exist in advanced civilizations that allow them to observe us outside of the limitations we understand. So, speculations about what they can and can't do based on our technologies may not mean much.
Perhaps, but one thing I am certain of, and that is the show Ancient Aliens is 100% rubbish. Smile Many of the shows they are running on the "History" channel, the "Discovery" channel and now even the "Science" channel are complete rubbish and have nothing to do at all with history, science or even discovery. It's like we have peaked, and are now devolving. We really are becoming the movie Idiocracy.

https://youtu.be/BBvIweCIgwk
Racer92
7/24/2014 8:41am
Jtom is right about information transfer happening across distance seemingly instantly, like they are the same entity -separated by space/distance, but still one. Crazy shit to ponder. Perhaps some kinda Einstein-Rosen Bridge of sorts between particles? The quantum world is a zany place, thats for sure.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
7/24/2014 8:50am
The curious thing about Lazar is he has nothing to really gain by fabricating this story.... And has been involved in aerospace innovation since his alleged split from the government. Someone who doesn't have advanced training or work experience with advanced technologies doesn't get to where he is now. That's the curious part to me.
7/24/2014 8:57am
That's assuming they would all have the same mindset? If there are millions of advanced civilizations out there then the likelihood some would want our resources...
Racer92 wrote:
Any 'intelligence' that 'thinks' like you just described would be intellectually as juvenile and handicapped as we are and wouldnt be able to cross the expanses...
Any 'intelligence' that 'thinks' like you just described would be intellectually as juvenile and handicapped as we are and wouldnt be able to cross the expanses of space/time to get here during the timeframe which homo sapien exists on this rock. Face it, we havent been here long, and we wont be here very long.

Further, you attached human characteristics (read, flaws) in your description. Pets? Slaves? Military? All emotion based human flaws. Any intelligence that is advanced enough to have figured out who to get around the Universe and its expanses, will have long evolved past the stuff you described. There is no place for emotion in advanced science and intelligence. Emotion is a flaw that keeps us back. It can be argued that since we are the top of the food chain and have no natural predator, our built-in population limiting device is emotion.
Emotions don't limit scientific advancement. I would argue emotions are absolutely necessary for scientific advancement, (curiosity and security are the primary drivers for scientific advancement.). In fact the more intelligent a creature is the higher their emotional capacity is as well. Emotions are a significant aspect to higher evolution, the lack of emotions would be devolution and make the creature more like animals, not more advanced. If there are millions of other advanced civilizations then certainly some of them (if not all) would have similar emotions to ours. If millions are totally different and unfathomable to us there would also be millions similar to us.
jtomasik
7/24/2014 9:04am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2014 9:05am
Perhaps, but one thing I am certain of, and that is the show Ancient Aliens is 100% rubbish. :) Many of the shows they are running...
Perhaps, but one thing I am certain of, and that is the show Ancient Aliens is 100% rubbish. Smile Many of the shows they are running on the "History" channel, the "Discovery" channel and now even the "Science" channel are complete rubbish and have nothing to do at all with history, science or even discovery. It's like we have peaked, and are now devolving. We really are becoming the movie Idiocracy.

https://youtu.be/BBvIweCIgwk
Man, I don't even consider watching that shit (Idiocracy was a crack up, though, and sadly, a bit true). I've got waaaay too much going on than to throw away my time on shows like that. You don't have to convince me...lol.

Oh, I hope you and yours are doing well. Good to see you back.
Racer92
7/24/2014 9:08am
Emotions don't limit scientific advancement. I would argue emotions are absolutely necessary for scientific advancement, (curiosity and security are the primary drivers for scientific advancement.). In...
Emotions don't limit scientific advancement. I would argue emotions are absolutely necessary for scientific advancement, (curiosity and security are the primary drivers for scientific advancement.). In fact the more intelligent a creature is the higher their emotional capacity is as well. Emotions are a significant aspect to higher evolution, the lack of emotions would be devolution and make the creature more like animals, not more advanced. If there are millions of other advanced civilizations then certainly some of them (if not all) would have similar emotions to ours. If millions are totally different and unfathomable to us there would also be millions similar to us.
I respect your right to your opinion, but disagree.

I guess thats the Cro-Magnon in me showing. Wink
7/24/2014 10:02am
Emotions don't limit scientific advancement. I would argue emotions are absolutely necessary for scientific advancement, (curiosity and security are the primary drivers for scientific advancement.). In...
Racer92 wrote:
I respect your right to your opinion, but disagree.

I guess thats the Cro-Magnon in me showing. Wink
Perhaps I just have a more pessimistic view of alien nature than you but I think if there were millions of advanced aliens out there at least one of them would have visited us and it would go down like this.

7/28/2014 11:39pm
Racer92 wrote:
Any 'intelligence' that 'thinks' like you just described would be intellectually as juvenile and handicapped as we are and wouldnt be able to cross the expanses...

I wrote an English 102 paper on exactly this a few years ago! We had to argue something and back it up with research and reason, and I pretty foolishly decided to argue a theory I had imagined one day--that if aliens are evolved enough to space-travel then they'd be intelligent enough to not want war or extermination (which solutions I see as being products of ill communication and religion, etc). Basically Mrs. Elco told me there's no way to prove they wouldn't want those things, even though in our own species that may seem to be the case, and gave me a D.

She said I could redo the assignment with a different premise in some ridiculously short amount of time to salvage my grade for the semester, but I said screw it and walked away dejectedly. In hindsight, I should've argued that my paper's arguments were at least semi-sound, and that there's no way you could actually PROVE that the other students' (boring-ass) theories would work unless you TRIED them all.
The Rock
7/29/2014 1:19am
jtomasik wrote:
I wouldn't be so quick to discount possibilities presently unknown to us. Entangled photons have been observed to transfer information between each other faster than the...

I agree it is possible. Have you ever read The Day after Roswell. Poses some interesting theories on how we acquired some of our technology. Did you see Independence Day? How cool was that when Will Smith just plugged the old Cat 5 Ethernet jack right into the aliens ship to upload the virus. LOL

When I was younger I was intrigued with the prospect of UFOsa lot. Now I am more fascinated by the concept of the multiverse. The multiverse concept has also given me something other than dark matter and quantam foam to contemplate.

Another great book to read is Michael Crichton's Sphere. Movie was a C but the book is a A plus IMO.
TDeath21
7/29/2014 11:11am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2014 11:12am
No way we are alone. That picture by 308 shows how small we really are. The thing is, to be able to see us, they'd have to be way ahead of us in technology. If they did come to visit us, they'd be advanced enough to have cloaking so we'd never see them. They'd observe us and move onto the next "Earth" and visit them. On the other side of the coin, there could be others who we are way ahead of in technology. If they are in the caveman days that'd actually be pretty close in technological advancement. The odds of one being the same as us is zero I think. They're either way ahead of us or way behind us. There has to be other life forms out there. Take the Lottery for instance. The odds of any one person winning it are terrible, but someone always eventually does.
the_wood109
7/30/2014 4:03pm
JPT wrote:
Not supporting the AA viewpoint by any means, but it is interesting trying to figure out how stone age humans managed to build temples, monuments etc...
Not supporting the AA viewpoint by any means, but it is interesting trying to figure out how stone age humans managed to build temples, monuments etc by cutting, moving and stacking stone blocks weighing 10s of tons (or more) on top of each other. Fitting them together so precisely. And the fact you can find examples of this all over the globe.

When you've got such profound mysteries it's not surprising that people come up with "THE ANSWER". After that decision the evidence just keeps rolling in from their perspective.
The truth is so much more interesting than the lies, IMO.

This is a long video, but it's awesome. It thoroughly debunks that AA nonsense, and offers a pretty good description of what we know about these sites and how we know it. It's all referenced with the work of true professionals, and if the video alone isn't enough, the references go much deeper.

The Rock
7/30/2014 5:01pm
motogeezer wrote:
[img]https://www.versvs.net/wp-content/uploads/20101010-42.png[/img]
Ah the answer to the question. Well played.
8/2/2014 11:28am Edited Date/Time 8/2/2014 11:29am
I don't care who you are, what religion you believe or don't believe, or anything else. It all comes down to faith. I place my faith in God and in Jesus. Some place their faith elsewhere, and some deny that they have any faith at all. The universe is too vast and our knowledge is too limited for anyone to say that we don't have faith. No one knows everything and pretty much everyone doesn't know much in the big picture. In the end, it's all about faith.
XXVoid MainXX
8/3/2014 8:02am Edited Date/Time 8/3/2014 8:03am
JPT wrote:
Not supporting the AA viewpoint by any means, but it is interesting trying to figure out how stone age humans managed to build temples, monuments etc...
Not supporting the AA viewpoint by any means, but it is interesting trying to figure out how stone age humans managed to build temples, monuments etc by cutting, moving and stacking stone blocks weighing 10s of tons (or more) on top of each other. Fitting them together so precisely. And the fact you can find examples of this all over the globe.

When you've got such profound mysteries it's not surprising that people come up with "THE ANSWER". After that decision the evidence just keeps rolling in from their perspective.
The truth is so much more interesting than the lies, IMO. This is a long video, but it's awesome. It thoroughly debunks that AA nonsense, and...
The truth is so much more interesting than the lies, IMO.

This is a long video, but it's awesome. It thoroughly debunks that AA nonsense, and offers a pretty good description of what we know about these sites and how we know it. It's all referenced with the work of true professionals, and if the video alone isn't enough, the references go much deeper.

You do realize that nobody will watch that video because no dramatic music was added right? Smile As I said before, I believe it is "very possible" that there is other life out there in the Universe. I would even go so far as to say it is "likely" that there is other life out there in the Universe. BUT, I also believe firmly that up to this point in time we have not 1 shred of credible evidence that that life actually exists out there, let alone that any of it has ever visited this planet. It's a shame all we can get on our television sets are a bunch of quacks out to make a buck by making up all sorts of bullshit and lying about the facts.

Post a reply to: Question your sanity?

The Latest