Question your sanity?

MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
Edited Date/Time 8/5/2014 5:05am
Watch Ancient Aliens on the History Channel, it will reaffirm your own grasp on reality and that you, are in fact, completely sane!!! Hahahahah
|
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
7/21/2014 7:29pm
Is this a test?
Nope, just watched the show a bit today and really drove home how normal I am compared to this guy......

MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
7/21/2014 7:56pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2014 7:57pm
There are 70 sextillion stars (70 zeros).... Are there Aliens out there? You bet your ass there is some life form existing out there. It may be an amoeba or it may be a civilized race.... But it would be arrogant to assume we're alone based on the size of the Universe.

With that said.... The shit they try to connect to aliens on that show cracks me up. Interbreeding was a good one today!

The Shop

Titan1
7/22/2014 11:07am
We aren't alone in the universe.

Imagine if science found another planet with life on it...say that planet was roughly the same age as ours...and it had a civilization of people on it. They looked/acted the same way we do...they've built buildings, cars, computers, planes, etc. Basically "another" earth...

How would science reconcile that with the known theories of evolution? Its incredibly rare that you get one earth...and all the forces that combined to evolve humans. So would finding another earth blow holes in the theory all together? No way all those same factors could come together TWICE and end up with the same result (humans), right?

Obviously this will never happen...but think about stuff like this boggles my mind, and makes my head hurt...like where did space come from? Its just always been there? How? it had to come from somewhere/something...nothing has just always "been"...
7/22/2014 1:00pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2014 1:00pm
I don't believe their is other intelligent life in the universe and possibly nothing more than very basic organisms like bacteria, however, there is no shortage of unexplainable aspects of history and ancient civilizations that makes it seem possible that alien visitors were behind them.
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
7/22/2014 2:05pm
Every now and then there is a "wow... thats actually pretty damn interesting" moment on the show... but thats far out weighed by the crazy shit they say!!!
Sunhouse
7/22/2014 2:29pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2014 2:31pm
Titan1 wrote:
We aren't alone in the universe. Imagine if science found another planet with life on it...say that planet was roughly the same age as ours...and it...
We aren't alone in the universe.

Imagine if science found another planet with life on it...say that planet was roughly the same age as ours...and it had a civilization of people on it. They looked/acted the same way we do...they've built buildings, cars, computers, planes, etc. Basically "another" earth...

How would science reconcile that with the known theories of evolution? Its incredibly rare that you get one earth...and all the forces that combined to evolve humans. So would finding another earth blow holes in the theory all together? No way all those same factors could come together TWICE and end up with the same result (humans), right?

Obviously this will never happen...but think about stuff like this boggles my mind, and makes my head hurt...like where did space come from? Its just always been there? How? it had to come from somewhere/something...nothing has just always "been"...
Are we talking humanoid, or actual homo sapiens? How old would the planet be? Our earth is young, their planet could be much older, and there would probably entirely different species there
JPT
7/22/2014 5:13pm
I think the aliens modified DNA resulting in short red headed mutants who are exceptional SX riders.
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2410th
7/22/2014 7:28pm
MxKing809 wrote:
Watch Ancient Aliens on the History Channel, it will reaffirm your own grasp on reality and that you, are in fact, completely sane!!! Hahahahah
MXKing,

Hahahah, you been knocking some out of the park lately! I don't know if I should count it up to pain meds or boredom, or
that you are a fucking genius. . . lol..

I vote pain meds and boredom!!! Grinning

Glad you doing well man, knee surgery really blows. Nice looking truck ya got there in the other thread.

Anyhow, Ima still gonna try and kick your ass at MSM2. . .

Peace Bro,
PS
borg
7/22/2014 7:50pm
JPT wrote:
I think the aliens modified DNA resulting in short red headed mutants who are exceptional SX riders.
I like the way you think.

7/23/2014 5:46am
MxKing809 wrote:
Every now and then there is a "wow... thats actually pretty damn interesting" moment on the show... but thats far out weighed by the crazy shit...
Every now and then there is a "wow... thats actually pretty damn interesting" moment on the show... but thats far out weighed by the crazy shit they say!!!
I'm not saying that I believe we've been visited by aliens.... BUT.....

I sure would love to know how some of those things happened. Like the ancient map of the Antarctica land mass under all the ice... a map that we were not able to produce until the 20th century.
4stroke4DWIN
7/23/2014 10:31am
This is a pic from the Hubble Telescope deep field project, aprox 10,000 galaxies. We are not alone.

7/23/2014 10:39am
This is a pic from the Hubble Telescope deep field project, aprox 10,000 galaxies. We are not alone.[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/07/23/60701/s1200_o_HUBBLE_UV_900.jpg[/img]
This is a pic from the Hubble Telescope deep field project, aprox 10,000 galaxies. We are not alone.

However, (if you believe in evolution) there are billions upon billions of random aspects which led to intelligent life on earth that there probably isn't or ever has been intelligent life on other planets. If there were we wouldn't exist as we do.
XXVoid MainXX
7/23/2014 3:58pm
This is a pic from the Hubble Telescope deep field project, aprox 10,000 galaxies. We are not alone.[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/07/23/60701/s1200_o_HUBBLE_UV_900.jpg[/img]

The question isn't whether there is life somewhere else in the universe. The question is if you have to be completely retarded to watch the show Ancient Aliens and believe any of the suggested answers to things where they completely fail to mention any other well known plausible explanations.

Everything they present on that show they present as if it is a complete mystery and that there are no other possible explanations. Then they jump to the wild conclusion that the only explanation is if they had alien help. As Neil deGrasse Tyson would tell you, when you don't know how something happened that's where it should stop, you shouldn't go on to say that it must have been "anything" without some sort of actual proof.

See here for a good video on that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSJElZwEI8o

Take the map mentioned above. First they completely fail to mention all of the plausible explanations for the map when they do the show. They then somehow come to the conclusion that aliens from some other part of the Universe had to come to Earth in the year 1521 (extreme recent past in the grand scheme of things), land in admiral Hacı Ahmed Muhiddin Piri's back yard and help him draw a map that contains a continent nobody would want to spend any time on anyway. Seriously? If I were the admiral I would want to know how to build one of those ships that just shot these aliens across the universe breaking all the laws of physics to get there, then build me one and get the hell off this rotten planet where the Internet hasn't even yet been invented to make surfing the pr0n so much easier. It's far more likely that a now extinct super intelligent race of bigfoot swam from Antarctica and drew the map for him. Wonder why they didn't off that up as an explanation? Oh wait, never mind, that's the bigfoot show on the Discovery channel.
4stroke4DWIN
7/23/2014 4:08pm
The question isn't whether there is life somewhere else in the universe. The question is if you have to be completely retarded to watch the show...
The question isn't whether there is life somewhere else in the universe. The question is if you have to be completely retarded to watch the show Ancient Aliens and believe any of the suggested answers to things where they completely fail to mention any other well known plausible explanations.

Everything they present on that show they present as if it is a complete mystery and that there are no other possible explanations. Then they jump to the wild conclusion that the only explanation is if they had alien help. As Neil deGrasse Tyson would tell you, when you don't know how something happened that's where it should stop, you shouldn't go on to say that it must have been "anything" without some sort of actual proof.

See here for a good video on that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSJElZwEI8o

Take the map mentioned above. First they completely fail to mention all of the plausible explanations for the map when they do the show. They then somehow come to the conclusion that aliens from some other part of the Universe had to come to Earth in the year 1521 (extreme recent past in the grand scheme of things), land in admiral Hacı Ahmed Muhiddin Piri's back yard and help him draw a map that contains a continent nobody would want to spend any time on anyway. Seriously? If I were the admiral I would want to know how to build one of those ships that just shot these aliens across the universe breaking all the laws of physics to get there, then build me one and get the hell off this rotten planet where the Internet hasn't even yet been invented to make surfing the pr0n so much easier. It's far more likely that a now extinct super intelligent race of bigfoot swam from Antarctica and drew the map for him. Wonder why they didn't off that up as an explanation? Oh wait, never mind, that's the bigfoot show on the Discovery channel.
Lol, the old guys from Mountain Monsters and Ancient Aliens must of been cut from the same cloths. That guy up above with the shitty spray tan comes up with some off the wall shit though.
Huevos
7/23/2014 4:14pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2014 4:14pm
I think it's ignorant to assume that there isn't intelligent life on another planet besides Earth. The odds of another Earth type planet with a human species is so astronomically small that it's hard to imagine, but with the infinite size of the universe and the infinite amount of galaxies, there is bound to be more than one. The odds are in favor of there being intelligent life out there. We as humans are to the universe what parasites are to planet Earth. Probably smaller.
7/23/2014 4:14pm
I have to admit I watch the show a lot, however only to help me fall asleep. I have seen parts of pretty much every episode and always find it quit entertaining, particularly the parts that deal with ancient civilizations. I think they have great production but honestly I assume everything they say is inaccurate and sensationalized. It's a great show though, hopefully somebody will come along and make a show that deals with the same topics with more plausible explanations.
JPT
7/23/2014 4:16pm
Not supporting the AA viewpoint by any means, but it is interesting trying to figure out how stone age humans managed to build temples, monuments etc by cutting, moving and stacking stone blocks weighing 10s of tons (or more) on top of each other. Fitting them together so precisely. And the fact you can find examples of this all over the globe.

When you've got such profound mysteries it's not surprising that people come up with "THE ANSWER". After that decision the evidence just keeps rolling in from their perspective.
7/23/2014 4:36pm
Huevos wrote:
I think it's ignorant to assume that there isn't intelligent life on another planet besides Earth. The odds of another Earth type planet with a human...
I think it's ignorant to assume that there isn't intelligent life on another planet besides Earth. The odds of another Earth type planet with a human species is so astronomically small that it's hard to imagine, but with the infinite size of the universe and the infinite amount of galaxies, there is bound to be more than one. The odds are in favor of there being intelligent life out there. We as humans are to the universe what parasites are to planet Earth. Probably smaller.
It's not ignorant. Life and especially intelligence is not a given, it's not automatic. If you consider the billions of random things that needed to take place to produce intelligent life here (if that is how you view where intelligent life comes from) then despite the numbers of galaxies and planets there are in the universe it is still unlikely. Not only are there billions of things that would need to take place they would also need to happen in a functional order. There is estimated to be 8.7 million different species currently here on Earth. If you take into account all types of organisms that have ever lived on Earth then it is way more, and yet there is only one in all the history of Earth that is intelligent enough to create and maintain civilization.
Huevos
7/23/2014 4:59pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2014 5:04pm
It's not ignorant. Life and especially intelligence is not a given, it's not automatic. If you consider the billions of random things that needed to take...
It's not ignorant. Life and especially intelligence is not a given, it's not automatic. If you consider the billions of random things that needed to take place to produce intelligent life here (if that is how you view where intelligent life comes from) then despite the numbers of galaxies and planets there are in the universe it is still unlikely. Not only are there billions of things that would need to take place they would also need to happen in a functional order. There is estimated to be 8.7 million different species currently here on Earth. If you take into account all types of organisms that have ever lived on Earth then it is way more, and yet there is only one in all the history of Earth that is intelligent enough to create and maintain civilization.
You're right about all of those things except the consideration of the infinite size of the universe, however small the odds, it's not impossible to have happened. Unlikely? Perhaps. But I just think about how old the universe is (infinitely old? Perhaps it's always existed, just continues to evolve and change with time?), and I just think that if something happened once, it's likely to happen again, however small the chance is. That's the funny thing about infinite space and time. I just think that if it's not impossible, given the amount of time the universe has been around and the infinite size of it, there's bound to be duplicity somewhere. Even if a planet like the earth and humans being it's inhabitants is a 1:999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 (likely less) chance of happening, that just makes it extremely uncommon and a near anomaly. But with infinite time and infinite space, it's bound to happen again.
7/23/2014 5:26pm
It's not ignorant. Life and especially intelligence is not a given, it's not automatic. If you consider the billions of random things that needed to take...
Huevos wrote:
You're right about all of those things except the consideration of the infinite size of the universe, however small the odds, it's not impossible to have...
You're right about all of those things except the consideration of the infinite size of the universe, however small the odds, it's not impossible to have happened. Unlikely? Perhaps. But I just think about how old the universe is (infinitely old? Perhaps it's always existed, just continues to evolve and change with time?), and I just think that if something happened once, it's likely to happen again, however small the chance is. That's the funny thing about infinite space and time. I just think that if it's not impossible, given the amount of time the universe has been around and the infinite size of it, there's bound to be duplicity somewhere. Even if a planet like the earth and humans being it's inhabitants is a 1:999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 (likely less) chance of happening, that just makes it extremely uncommon and a near anomaly. But with infinite time and infinite space, it's bound to happen again.
I am not saying it's impossible ( we don't know what we don't know) but given that we currently can't create natural life in a laboratory, the crazy amounts of things necessary for intelligent life be produced randomly are way beyond my ability to comprehend, but as you know, I don't believe life is the result of random chance.
XXVoid MainXX
7/23/2014 5:33pm
Huevos wrote:
I think it's ignorant to assume that there isn't intelligent life on another planet besides Earth. The odds of another Earth type planet with a human...
As I just said in the previous post. It's not ignorant to believe there is intelligent life in other parts of the Universe. It IS ignorant to watch the show Ancient Aliens and give it a single shred of credibility.
The Rock
7/23/2014 5:38pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2014 5:40pm
I don't believe their is other intelligent life in the universe and possibly nothing more than very basic organisms like bacteria, however, there is no shortage...
I don't believe their is other intelligent life in the universe and possibly nothing more than very basic organisms like bacteria, however, there is no shortage of unexplainable aspects of history and ancient civilizations that makes it seem possible that alien visitors were behind them.
Based on what is going on in this world in the 21st century I question if there is any intelligent life in our universe.

The books Bible Code and Bible Code 2 are page turners. Our DNA is too complex to have evolved to the extent it has during the time humanoids have been on Earth according the the author. He believes Earth was seeded.

Who really knows....I just want to know where I left my car keys and I'm good. LOL
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
7/23/2014 5:45pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2014 5:46pm
MxKing809 wrote:
MXKing, Hahahah, you been knocking some out of the park lately! I don't know if I should count it up to pain meds or boredom, or...
MXKing,

Hahahah, you been knocking some out of the park lately! I don't know if I should count it up to pain meds or boredom, or
that you are a fucking genius. . . lol..

I vote pain meds and boredom!!! Grinning

Glad you doing well man, knee surgery really blows. Nice looking truck ya got there in the other thread.

Anyhow, Ima still gonna try and kick your ass at MSM2. . .

Peace Bro,
PS
THANKS PS!

I've been off the meds for a couple weeks now, so I guess I'm just on a roll!

Im just really super bored at home...

Whats your MSMX handle? I don't think you're on my list!

About Aliens.......

Ask Neil DT about aliens and he'll agree its mathematically probable. There are billions and billions of 'earth like planets' that could support life. Our planet has been around for Billions of years and intelligent life is pretty recent in our worlds history. Is its hard to imagine another planet that started their viable intelligent life form development in the same time frame as dinosaurs?

Imagine where our civilization was 500 years ago and where we may be in 65 Million years.....

I do believe its somewhat arrogant to not only believe were alone, but also the most advanced.
7/23/2014 5:55pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2014 5:56pm
MxKing809 wrote:
THANKS PS! I've been off the meds for a couple weeks now, so I guess I'm just on a roll! Im just really super bored at...
THANKS PS!

I've been off the meds for a couple weeks now, so I guess I'm just on a roll!

Im just really super bored at home...

Whats your MSMX handle? I don't think you're on my list!

About Aliens.......

Ask Neil DT about aliens and he'll agree its mathematically probable. There are billions and billions of 'earth like planets' that could support life. Our planet has been around for Billions of years and intelligent life is pretty recent in our worlds history. Is its hard to imagine another planet that started their viable intelligent life form development in the same time frame as dinosaurs?

Imagine where our civilization was 500 years ago and where we may be in 65 Million years.....

I do believe its somewhat arrogant to not only believe were alone, but also the most advanced.
If there are alien civilizations that have been around millions of years longer than we have , don't you think they would be technologically advanced enough to bridge the gap and visit us? Would we even exist if they could?
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
7/23/2014 6:01pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2014 6:01pm
If there are alien civilizations that have been around millions of years longer than we have , don't you think they would be technologically advanced enough...
If there are alien civilizations that have been around millions of years longer than we have , don't you think they would be technologically advanced enough to bridge the gap and visit us? Would we even exist if they could?
If I had to put money on it, they have or have at least snooped around. I liken it to the birds nest in the tree outside. I know its there, and they pose no threat to me as individuals so I let them be. If there is intelligent life out there with advanced technology, what's in it for them to squash us? We're obviously doing them no harm, whats in it for them to end our civilization? If anything I think they would be curious (like we are) and observe, but not destroy.

Post a reply to: Question your sanity?

The Latest