Power of the Pen

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
Edited Date/Time 1/12/2015 11:05pm

|
moscrop940
1/8/2015 4:10pm
Its incredible that we live in a day and age where we have more knowledge and technology then ever before, yet we still have religions that do not allow women to read, endorse public beheadings and public stoning's, and not even allowing women to drive.

Im all about the live and let live mindset, but seriously a good amount of the people in that religion just need to get fucking nuked.

I understand that not all Muslims are bad, I actually work with a few who HATE what other people are doing to their religions name.

Everyone is so afraid to come off as racist and not be P.C, but I really don't give a shit at this point. The fact is the Muslim religion is causing the most problems, therefore the problem needs to be addressed appropriately.
scooter5002
1/8/2015 4:32pm
Very poignant cartoons. Journalism, and the humour within, has long been the thorn in the side, of those who would rule through any means, other than a just rise to power. I only hope that this is the final trigger, to make the world say enough, and crush these vermin for what they are. Sadly, it probably won't. Good Muslims need to speak out against this, but do they fear reprisal? Such is the reach of the demented.
Cygnus
1/8/2015 6:00pm
So the old saying sticks and stones will break your bones was meant for pencils?
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
1/8/2015 6:14pm
Very poignant cartoons. Journalism, and the humour within, has long been the thorn in the side, of those who would rule through any means, other than...
Very poignant cartoons. Journalism, and the humour within, has long been the thorn in the side, of those who would rule through any means, other than a just rise to power. I only hope that this is the final trigger, to make the world say enough, and crush these vermin for what they are. Sadly, it probably won't. Good Muslims need to speak out against this, but do they fear reprisal? Such is the reach of the demented.
I agree totally, I think every newspaper should run these cartoons, NZ biggest newspaper did not run any that showed Mohummad, whcih i think is wrong,

Its more than just average Muslims that need to stand up, its the rest of us that need to stand with them saying that we will not tolerate this,

The Shop

JW381
1/8/2015 6:17pm
I don't like Islam, or muslims. I'm very "center of the aisle", educated, independent thinker (for the most part), and everything would suggest that I wouldn't have such a strong disdain for such a large group of people. I have, at least, an above average understanding of why muslim terrorists do shit like this, and why there's so much turmoil involved in that region.

All that being said, I just think they suck. They (this referring to guys, because women are essentially a non-factor) are arrogant dicks, they're religion is as cooky as any other but they appear to live by it more than most other religious groups, and they've demonstrated time and time again that they are capable of being a vicious bunch. There's a large population of arabic students on the UO campus and I'll be damned if they aren't the rudest group of people I've ever come across.

I have zero sympathy for muslims and their butthurtness over their "prophet" being defaced in a satirical newspaper.
1/8/2015 7:12pm
IMO some of those seem to be in bad taste, making light of an atrocious event that has left several people dead.
JPT
1/8/2015 11:25pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2015 11:27pm
JW381 wrote:
I don't like Islam, or muslims. I'm very "center of the aisle", educated, independent thinker (for the most part), and everything would suggest that I wouldn't...
I don't like Islam, or muslims. I'm very "center of the aisle", educated, independent thinker (for the most part), and everything would suggest that I wouldn't have such a strong disdain for such a large group of people. I have, at least, an above average understanding of why muslim terrorists do shit like this, and why there's so much turmoil involved in that region.

All that being said, I just think they suck. They (this referring to guys, because women are essentially a non-factor) are arrogant dicks, they're religion is as cooky as any other but they appear to live by it more than most other religious groups, and they've demonstrated time and time again that they are capable of being a vicious bunch. There's a large population of arabic students on the UO campus and I'll be damned if they aren't the rudest group of people I've ever come across.

I have zero sympathy for muslims and their butthurtness over their "prophet" being defaced in a satirical newspaper.
That is exactly what the extremists are aiming for. Convincing the world that it's them against Islam.
IWreckALot
1/9/2015 5:40am
JW381 wrote:
I don't like Islam, or muslims. I'm very "center of the aisle", educated, independent thinker (for the most part), and everything would suggest that I wouldn't...

I wish I could think of the guy's name or the lady reporter that did the interview. But there is some muslim here in the states that is extreme Islamist like the ISIS group. I'll have to try to find the interview. You just want to crawl through the screen and beat him to death. At one point, they were talking about how they suppress all of the women in their religion and he suggested that she should cover up entirely. The tone and other context just made you despise him. He was exactly the way you described them.

The sucky part was he knew exactly what to say to keep him out of prison.
XXVoid MainXX
1/9/2015 6:17am
JW381 wrote:

Wow, for someone who claims to be so educated, this surely isn't a very good example of it.
JW381
1/9/2015 6:31am
JW381 wrote:

JPT wrote:
That is exactly what the extremists are aiming for. Convincing the world that it's them against Islam.
I know this. I get how it works. I'm only human and there's a "bigot" in there somewhere, I guess. There just aren't enough reasons/examples that sway my opinion. I probably shouldn't have posted that, but it's how I feel (to a certain extent).
JW381
1/9/2015 9:40am
IWreckALot wrote:
I'll take the penis mightier for $500.
peelout wrote:
wat
IWreckALot wrote:
[img]http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/e9/e9198ae59f7bca3112064c3626aeb1ed66db2c65f521dfcfaf190d49d68cd200.jpg[/img]
I'll take "the rapists" for $200 Alex.
JPT
1/9/2015 2:36pm
JW381 wrote:
I know this. I get how it works. I'm only human and there's a "bigot" in there somewhere, I guess. There just aren't enough reasons/examples that...
I know this. I get how it works. I'm only human and there's a "bigot" in there somewhere, I guess. There just aren't enough reasons/examples that sway my opinion. I probably shouldn't have posted that, but it's how I feel (to a certain extent).
I get it and wasn't trying to accuse you of anything. It's a frustrating situation. I just believe lumping murderers like this in with the other 2 billion Muslims in the world is easy but counter productive.
JW381
1/9/2015 2:46pm
JW381 wrote:
I know this. I get how it works. I'm only human and there's a "bigot" in there somewhere, I guess. There just aren't enough reasons/examples that...
JPT wrote:
I get it and wasn't trying to accuse you of anything. It's a frustrating situation. I just believe lumping murderers like this in with the other...
I get it and wasn't trying to accuse you of anything. It's a frustrating situation. I just believe lumping murderers like this in with the other 2 billion Muslims in the world is easy but counter productive.
I know, and You are correct. I know my line of thought is based more in emotion than in logic at this point. That shit is scary and disgusting though, things like this coupled with the cultural "gap" that already exists make it hard to stick to logic. But you are right, this is what they want. Like the ending of Star Wars or something.

Post a reply to: Power of the Pen

The Latest