Policemen are jerks...

huck
10/7/2014 5:50am Edited Date/Time 10/14/2014 2:35pm
|
hvaughn88
10/7/2014 6:27am
Thanks for posting that up, huck. That was very cool.
motoracer633
10/7/2014 6:27am
seems like a wonderful reprieve from most cops. Every one i come across has mental problems.
APLMAN99
10/7/2014 7:10am
seems like a wonderful reprieve from most cops. Every one i come across has mental problems.
Seems like the common denominator in your interactions would be yourself.........

Just sayin'
IWreckALot
10/7/2014 7:24am
There was another story on Chive about an officer that caught a lady stealing food. Instead of ticketing her, he gave her $100 or $150 in groceries.

Can't expect all cops to go out of their way to do stuff like this but it definitely helps their image.

Most officers I've encountered have been professional and polite. Of course, I usually tell them I was speeding because I didn't know they were shooting radar and then we have a laugh and I take my ticket and leave.

The Shop

jasonv43
10/7/2014 7:49am
I've been working a lot with motor officers over the last year now. I gotta say they all seem like pretty good dudes for the most part.
rosebud441
10/7/2014 8:55am Edited Date/Time 10/7/2014 8:55am
Seems like a lot of "do good" cop stories these days.. Hmmm an exercise in PR?

Either way nice to hear..
P
10/7/2014 9:09am
There are good an bad individuals in every organization. He's one guy. What did you think about the cop that asked the guy to get his wallet and then shot him?

P
Tracktor
10/7/2014 10:49am
My two next door neighbors are police officers. I can't think of anyone I would rather have as neighbors. The majority are good people the problem is that the bad ones aren't treated harsh enough. With respect comes responsibility, if you betray that respect you should be punished more severely, imo................
PalerBlue
10/7/2014 11:41am
Tracktor wrote:
My two next door neighbors are police officers. I can't think of anyone I would rather have as neighbors. The majority are good people the problem...
My two next door neighbors are police officers. I can't think of anyone I would rather have as neighbors. The majority are good people the problem is that the bad ones aren't treated harsh enough. With respect comes responsibility, if you betray that respect you should be punished more severely, imo................
You are exactly right. People need to stop making excuses for the bad apples and make examples of them. Fat police beating up a guy 'cos he made them run is just not acceptable. Your life is in these guys hands - make sure they're safe hands.
Rooster
10/7/2014 12:00pm
There's lots of good cops out there.

There's a few bad ones too.

What makes me angry is when the good ones stick up for the bad ones. Even when they know they're wrong to do it.
10/7/2014 7:45pm
Tracktor wrote:
My two next door neighbors are police officers. I can't think of anyone I would rather have as neighbors. The majority are good people the problem...
Lies...
10/7/2014 7:46pm
Rooster wrote:
There's lots of good cops out there. There's a few bad ones too. What makes me angry is when the good ones stick up for the...

What makes me angry is when the good ones stick up for the bad ones. Even when they know they're wrong to do it.
Wrong...

There are a lot of bad cops out there

...and few good one's.

tunedlength
10/7/2014 8:00pm
Rooster wrote:
There's lots of good cops out there. There's a few bad ones too. What makes me angry is when the good ones stick up for the...

Wrong...

...and few good one's.

Stats?
Tracktor
10/7/2014 8:23pm
Tracktor wrote:
Lies...
You are such a font of knowledge! Of course you would know better than I who my neighbors are!.....are you really this stupid in real life or do you just act like it on here?.....
10/7/2014 8:27pm
Tracktor wrote:
Lies...
Tracktor wrote:
You are such a font of knowledge! Of course you would know better than I who my neighbors are!.....are you really this stupid in real life...
You are such a font of knowledge! Of course you would know better than I who my neighbors are!.....are you really this stupid in real life or do you just act like it on here?.....
You mean to tell me your next door neighbors are cops and they are nice? What a revelation.
TDeath21
10/7/2014 11:18pm
Most are good. Some are bad. Only the bad ones get publicized. Unfortunate but true.
Tracktor
10/8/2014 9:24am
Lies...
Tracktor wrote:
You are such a font of knowledge! Of course you would know better than I who my neighbors are!.....are you really this stupid in real life...
You mean to tell me your next door neighbors are cops and they are nice? What a revelation.
I don't mean to tell you anything as you are stupid to understand simple sentences, obviously....................Tell me again where I lied?.............
10/8/2014 9:51am Edited Date/Time 10/8/2014 9:51am
Rooster wrote:

Wrong...

...and few good one's.

Yea you're right. I was looking at YouTube the other day and it seems like all cops are ass holes, all cats are clumsy, and no one is good at loading motorcycles up into the backs of their trucks. It's on the internet so it must be true.
10/8/2014 1:20pm Edited Date/Time 10/8/2014 1:28pm
Tracktor wrote:
Tracktor wrote:
I don't mean to tell you anything as you are stupid to understand simple sentences, obviously....................Tell me again where I lied?.............
This is why I don't like engaging in these types of discussions. It usually just turns into being insulted. What I said were lies was when you said that the majority are good. I think that myth has been going on too long. The trend in police departments has been one of militarization, racial profiling, warrantless searches, and we've just now been told that the Ferguson Police Department's handling of protesters was illegal in numerous incidences.

No, not all cops are bad, I never said that. But with the news and media online today and with people having access to cell phones, it's quite clear that abuse is far from just a few bad apples here and there.

Tracktor
10/8/2014 2:08pm
Tracktor wrote:
This is why I don't like engaging in these types of discussions. It usually just turns into being insulted. What I said were lies was when...
This is why I don't like engaging in these types of discussions. It usually just turns into being insulted. What I said were lies was when you said that the majority are good. I think that myth has been going on too long. The trend in police departments has been one of militarization, racial profiling, warrantless searches, and we've just now been told that the Ferguson Police Department's handling of protesters was illegal in numerous incidences.

No, not all cops are bad, I never said that. But with the news and media online today and with people having access to cell phones, it's quite clear that abuse is far from just a few bad apples here and there.

Maybe if you didn't call someone a liar right off the bat with nothing to back it up you wouldn't get insulted?...Especially since part of my post clearly states cops should be held to a higher standard and punished more severely when they break that standard..........One could argue both sides of this equation and usually personal experience plays a huge role. PLenty of asshole cops out there but considering the absolute shitbags they see day in and day out you can see how some get jaded (not condone, understand.)...................
peelout
10/8/2014 3:24pm
i've been arrested once and pulled over twice. the cop that arrested me was a decent enough guy until we went to court, then his story changed over and over. understandable i guess when you know you were wrong to make things up until you look right. i won my case btw.

the other two cops i've been pulled over by in my 15 years driving have been absolute fucking tools. i asked the one why i was being pulled over and was threatened to be pulled out of my truck and handcuffed (for doing 4 over in a 65 and no ticket). the other one kept me on the side of the freeway for 45 minutes, had 2 more HP come, harrassed me about searching my truck, all for not having my blinker on for 5 seconds before i switched lanes (no ticket).

one other time my friend was driving and got pulled over, i was in the passenger seat. he got arrested for some stupid ticket that was a clerical error turned warrant and the douche bags made me walk home about 6 miles in the middle of the night in January in pants and a t-shirt, my phone was dead so i couldn't call anyone and they refused to let me use their phone.

i have been guilty for generalizing police in the past and i hate to do it again. one of my great riding buddies and all around good friend is a county sheriff. he tells me some stories that they do and i just shake my head. badge goes on and they change, good or bad.

that all said, there sure seems to be a lot more "bad cop" going on than "good cop" being reported. had another unarmed kid killed in Utah a few weeks ago, that's just sad.
moscrop940
10/8/2014 4:46pm
It really is such a bummer how bad of a rap cops get because 10% of them are crooked, fat, lazy, or pricks.

I entered the sheriff academy roughly three years ago ( forced drop out due to prior injuries, fucking moto). Our Sargent absolutely hated every cop that took their badges for granted. The bad cops are the only ones who get the press, and it makes them look terrible.

For all those that say cops are pricks, your right for the most part. BUT that comes with the job. What most people don't realize is that a cop predominately deals with scumbags, murderers, child molesters, rapist's, and assholes on a DAILY bases. 9 out of 10 times a cop interacts with a person, it is not for a good reason, therefore the other person is a prick to them and the good cops have to restrain themselves and hold it in.

I believe the people that talk shit on cops should try working shit hours, dealing with shit people, and doing paperwork for hours on end without getting a little "edgy". Everyone here has had a rough day at the office when people were being dicks only for you to go home and you take it out on your wife/kid when you shouldn't have. Happens to me all the time. Now imagine people being dicks to you 48 hours a week, 48 weeks a year, for 25 years until retirement.

Im not excusing the cops who abuse their power when dealing with you, but if a cop is being a little "dickish", remember that its entirely possible he may have just come from a call where a little girl, who may have been the same age as his own daughter, was molested. You just never know
10/8/2014 4:47pm
Tracktor wrote:
This is why I don't like engaging in these types of discussions. It usually just turns into being insulted. What I said were lies was when...

Tracktor wrote:
Maybe if you didn't call someone a liar right off the bat with nothing to back it up you wouldn't get insulted?...Especially since part of my...
Maybe if you didn't call someone a liar right off the bat with nothing to back it up you wouldn't get insulted?...Especially since part of my post clearly states cops should be held to a higher standard and punished more severely when they break that standard..........One could argue both sides of this equation and usually personal experience plays a huge role. PLenty of asshole cops out there but considering the absolute shitbags they see day in and day out you can see how some get jaded (not condone, understand.)...................
I didn't call you a liar, I said that the idea that most cops are good cops and there are only a few bad one's was lies. I did not say you were intentionally lying.
mxb2
10/8/2014 5:10pm
peelout wrote:
i've been arrested once and pulled over twice. the cop that arrested me was a decent enough guy until we went to court, then his story...
i've been arrested once and pulled over twice. the cop that arrested me was a decent enough guy until we went to court, then his story changed over and over. understandable i guess when you know you were wrong to make things up until you look right. i won my case btw.

the other two cops i've been pulled over by in my 15 years driving have been absolute fucking tools. i asked the one why i was being pulled over and was threatened to be pulled out of my truck and handcuffed (for doing 4 over in a 65 and no ticket). the other one kept me on the side of the freeway for 45 minutes, had 2 more HP come, harrassed me about searching my truck, all for not having my blinker on for 5 seconds before i switched lanes (no ticket).

one other time my friend was driving and got pulled over, i was in the passenger seat. he got arrested for some stupid ticket that was a clerical error turned warrant and the douche bags made me walk home about 6 miles in the middle of the night in January in pants and a t-shirt, my phone was dead so i couldn't call anyone and they refused to let me use their phone.

i have been guilty for generalizing police in the past and i hate to do it again. one of my great riding buddies and all around good friend is a county sheriff. he tells me some stories that they do and i just shake my head. badge goes on and they change, good or bad.

that all said, there sure seems to be a lot more "bad cop" going on than "good cop" being reported. had another unarmed kid killed in Utah a few weeks ago, that's just sad.
Maybe you should be mad at your friend that got arrested, didnt tell you he had a warrant., ..most vehicles are towed, passengers walk or call for a ride. ,Thats why you better know who your friends are and what they do , it might affect you, as it did that nite.
10/8/2014 5:15pm Edited Date/Time 10/8/2014 5:26pm
peelout wrote:
i've been arrested once and pulled over twice. the cop that arrested me was a decent enough guy until we went to court, then his story...

I had two police straight lie on their police reports. When I was 19 years old I lived across the street from a junior high school. At one point earlier in the night, someone broke into the school. I had been out with my buddy most of the evening trying to find some chicks to hook up with. With no luck in that department, I got home around midnight, grabbed something to eat and went to bed. It's about 2 in the morning and I hear a knock on the door, it's the police. They ask me a few questions, tell me what's going on and tell me that their search dog led them to my house which was right across the street from the school. I don't think much of it and about 6 months later I get a call from the police asking me to come in and answer a few questions. So I go in and basically the detective says, "Look, we know you did it so just confess and you can work a deal with the prosecutor." I absolutely did not break into the school and I told the detective no way. He shows me the police report and on it it says:

1) I was sweating when I answered the door, wearing only my jeans with no shirt on.

2) The mud on my shoes matched the mud at the school.

Number one was a complete lie and I know that because I would never answer the door without a shirt on, and I was bed at the time and since I've been a little kid, I've worn boxers and a t-shirt to bed. Number two was a lie as well since, even though they asked to see my shoes, I know there was no mud on them because I had a cement walkway to my house and I had not been at the school.

Long story short, they asked for my fingerprints and I gave them to them which proved my innocence (along with the fact that I had an alibi since I was out with my friend at the time the school was broken into). The detective called and said that my fingerprints did not match. No apology, no anything. The police report had 100% fabricated lies on it and they would have been willing to arrest me and let me get prosecuted with no real evidence and only lies to bolster their case. That is a serious charge that would have had very real implications in my life.

20 years later, a different police officer and a situation happens and me and my friend are questioned. I tell the police my side of the story and he tells me to my face that he believes me. Next thing I know, I am going to court and I read the police report and the police officer said that he felt I was lying. Thankfully, the charges were dropped but once again, another lie.

This has not made me hate cops, but it has made me skeptical of the honesty of many police officers. When I am pulled over, I don't give the police a bad attitude because I understand that they deal with a lot of a-holes out there and they are just doing their job. But the the thing with the police is that they are not prohibited from lying. They will say anything, true or not, in an attempt to get a person to incriminate themselves. I always tell people to not say a word to the police and to wait for a lawyer, even if it means initially spending some time in jail.

Not all cops are bad, there are lots of good cops but when you look at the shear amount of media reports, bystander cell phone videos, etc. it is apparent that there is a huge problem with police abuse. It's too bad because whatever the numbers are, the good cops do get a bad rap.
AZ35
Fantasy
489th
10/8/2014 5:18pm
moscrop940 wrote:
It really is such a bummer how bad of a rap cops get because 10% of them are crooked, fat, lazy, or pricks. I entered the...
It really is such a bummer how bad of a rap cops get because 10% of them are crooked, fat, lazy, or pricks.

I entered the sheriff academy roughly three years ago ( forced drop out due to prior injuries, fucking moto). Our Sargent absolutely hated every cop that took their badges for granted. The bad cops are the only ones who get the press, and it makes them look terrible.

For all those that say cops are pricks, your right for the most part. BUT that comes with the job. What most people don't realize is that a cop predominately deals with scumbags, murderers, child molesters, rapist's, and assholes on a DAILY bases. 9 out of 10 times a cop interacts with a person, it is not for a good reason, therefore the other person is a prick to them and the good cops have to restrain themselves and hold it in.

I believe the people that talk shit on cops should try working shit hours, dealing with shit people, and doing paperwork for hours on end without getting a little "edgy". Everyone here has had a rough day at the office when people were being dicks only for you to go home and you take it out on your wife/kid when you shouldn't have. Happens to me all the time. Now imagine people being dicks to you 48 hours a week, 48 weeks a year, for 25 years until retirement.

Im not excusing the cops who abuse their power when dealing with you, but if a cop is being a little "dickish", remember that its entirely possible he may have just come from a call where a little girl, who may have been the same age as his own daughter, was molested. You just never know
Well said.

Every person they encounter potentially* wants to either lie to them, run from them, or harm them.

*note I said "potentially". I realize not every person they encounter has any of those intentions, but they have to assume the worst until they know otherwise. To not assume the worst could mean tragic consequences for them. Which is something the rest of us do not have to worry about on a daily basis.
10/8/2014 5:23pm
mxb2 wrote:
Maybe you should be mad at your friend that got arrested, didnt tell you he had a warrant., ..most vehicles are towed, passengers walk or call...
Maybe you should be mad at your friend that got arrested, didnt tell you he had a warrant., ..most vehicles are towed, passengers walk or call for a ride. ,Thats why you better know who your friends are and what they do , it might affect you, as it did that nite.
His friend probably didn't know he had a warrant.
peelout
10/8/2014 5:27pm Edited Date/Time 10/8/2014 5:31pm
mxb2 wrote:
Maybe you should be mad at your friend that got arrested, didnt tell you he had a warrant., ..most vehicles are towed, passengers walk or call...
we're no longer friends, not related to that event. he paid the ticket, it was a clerical error so how would he have known? either way they refused to give me a ride at least to a convenience store or let me use their phone, no they didn't HAVE to but what would the harm have been. instead i got sicker than hell from a below freezing 6 mile walk. i was 22 at the time, live and learn.

Post a reply to: Policemen are jerks...

The Latest