Penalized for being single

level
1/27/2013 11:59am Edited Date/Time 1/31/2013 4:56am
The government now takes $120 more every week out of my paycheck since I got divorced. Real fucking fair. Unreal.
|
BUTCH
1/27/2013 12:33pm
Yeah , but dude............You're single!WinkWoohoo
jtomasik
1/27/2013 1:14pm
Hoooooyeah. I get a nice refund even though I'm divorced, because of the outrageous amount of alimony I pay. So, I'll get back about $5K. But, it costs me over $25K net. What a deal (sarcasm).
BUTCH
1/27/2013 1:21pm
That what happens when you pick a bitch to marry!LaughingLaughingLaughing DUH!
reded
1/27/2013 1:21pm
I paid those theiving bastards $15k last year and got $1500 back... Yay.

The Shop

Mr. G
1/27/2013 1:23pm
That is amazingly unfair.
Choppy
1/27/2013 4:48pm
I hear some of the numbers you poor guys pay and wonder if you got a judge that screwed you, a crummy lawyer, or really screwed up bad.
BUTCH
1/27/2013 8:56pm
It's what happens when you are a bastard husband! Hopefully paying the big bucks will teach you bastards...weeell...not to be bastards when you go all in the second time !Wink
PaleBlue
1/28/2013 2:59am
level wrote:
The government now takes $120 more every week out of my paycheck since I got divorced. Real fucking fair. Unreal.
How comes virtually all your posts scream out what a victim you are?
flarider
1/28/2013 6:13am
Why do people with no children pay the same taxes as those who do? Why do they have to pay for schools?
Do I get a break on my taxes once my kids are out of public school? Nope.
Do I get a break if my kids are in private school? Nope.

Everyone can find some thing that makes taxation unfair as it pertains to them specifically, because the reality is, there is no perfect pay as you go system of taxation. That's how it is.
jndmx
1/28/2013 6:23am
flarider wrote:
Why do people with no children pay the same taxes as those who do? Why do they have to pay for schools? Do I get a...
Why do people with no children pay the same taxes as those who do? Why do they have to pay for schools?

Everyone can find some thing that makes taxation unfair as it pertains to them specifically, because the reality is, there is no perfect pay as you go system of taxation. That's how it is.
This......
thehuck.0
1/28/2013 6:54am
flarider wrote:
Why do people with no children pay the same taxes as those who do? Why do they have to pay for schools? Do I get a...

A flat sales tax would be a nice 'pay as you go' system... until the barter crowd took over.....
UpTiTe
Fantasy
3970th
1/28/2013 7:34am
Start a home business selling whatever on eBay and you'll shit when you see all the writeoffs that will open up to you. Start a tax deferred IRA and Max it out, you'll have to pay taxes on it eventually, but it will be working for you untilled you do.
flarider
1/28/2013 7:47am
flarider wrote:

thehuck.0 wrote:
A flat sales tax would be a nice 'pay as you go' system... until the barter crowd took over.....
No, that would be unfair to the low income or poor, those who can least afford it.

Simply put, a family earning $5,000,000 is not spending all $5,000,000 in purchases annually, so it is safe to asume a portion or a large portion of those earnings would not be taxed at all under a flat sales tax.

But a family earning $50,000 (or less) has to spend all of their earnings to live, meaning 100% of their earnings are being taxed.

So the rich are taxed only on a portion of their earnings while the low-income or poor are taxed on 100% of their earnings.

So again, there is no perfect pay as you go system of taxation that is fair to all.
Crash82
Fantasy
2116th
1/28/2013 7:50am Edited Date/Time 1/28/2013 7:50am
Sorry for my lack of tax knowledge but how does a Ebay business get you write offs? I need some kind of help, they rape me on taxes. I watch my friends with kids get back more than they paid in!
thehuck.0
1/28/2013 8:23am
flarider wrote:

thehuck.0 wrote:
flarider wrote:
No, that would be unfair to the low income or poor, those who can least afford it. Simply put, a family earning $5,000,000 is not spending...
No, that would be unfair to the low income or poor, those who can least afford it.

Simply put, a family earning $5,000,000 is not spending all $5,000,000 in purchases annually, so it is safe to asume a portion or a large portion of those earnings would not be taxed at all under a flat sales tax.

But a family earning $50,000 (or less) has to spend all of their earnings to live, meaning 100% of their earnings are being taxed.

So the rich are taxed only on a portion of their earnings while the low-income or poor are taxed on 100% of their earnings.

So again, there is no perfect pay as you go system of taxation that is fair to all.
So? Why penalize those that are successful?
Racer92
1/28/2013 8:27am
thehuck.0 wrote:
Because its politically correct to discriminate against one group, but not another.

Catch up already.
flarider
1/28/2013 8:54am
thehuck.0 wrote:
We're not talking about penalizing success, it was about the fact that there is no perfect pay as you go system of taxation that's fair to all.
Flat tax or sales tax is no more fair than the present system, someone is going to get screwed, just depends on which class you prefer to screw.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
3970th
1/28/2013 9:00am
Crash82 wrote:
Sorry for my lack of tax knowledge but how does a Ebay business get you write offs? I need some kind of help, they rape me...
Sorry for my lack of tax knowledge but how does a Ebay business get you write offs? I need some kind of help, they rape me on taxes. I watch my friends with kids get back more than they paid in!
Doesn't need to be a eBay business, but thats the easiest.

With a home based business you can make onw room in your house an office and write off a percentage of your mortgage as office space. Your truck is now for the business so you can write off a percentage of the payment and gas. I've written off racing as advertisement.

Its not as easy as it sounds but it's not hard. If you're intrested, shoot me a pm and I'll give you the whole deal on how me and a friend got into selling bike parts on eBay.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
3970th
1/28/2013 9:02am
19% flat tax based off of earnings and boom, problem solved.
Mr. G
1/28/2013 9:04am
There is a fair system. It is called consumption tax.
bultokid
1/28/2013 9:20am
thehuck.0 wrote:
flarider wrote:
No, that would be unfair to the low income or poor, those who can least afford it. Simply put, a family earning $5,000,000 is not spending...

thehuck.0 wrote:
Hey someone has got to support all the fucking mooches and morons that were/are too fucking stupid to apply themselves in life.
thehuck.0
1/28/2013 9:28am
flarider wrote:

thehuck.0 wrote:
flarider wrote:

If a family that makes $5,000,000 is able to keep more of their own money, they will spend more on 'luxuries', such as vacations, cars, boats, toys.... This benefits, DIRECTLY, those making "$50,000 (or less)".
flarider
1/28/2013 9:28am
Mr. G wrote:
There is a fair system. It is called consumption tax.
That's the same as Huck suggested, and that's not more fair than the present system.

a $5MM earner is not going to spend all $5MM, but a $50K earner is likely going to have to spend (consume) all $50K of their annual income, so again, as said prior, one group is taxed on 100% of their earnings and another group is taxed on only a portion of their earnings.

As for the 19% flat tax on earnings, it's likely closer to a more fair idea, but here's the problem with it, after taxes, the $50K earner has even less to survive on and that taxation level would actually push more people below the poverty line..

Like I said, you'll never achieve a balance or perfection in any taxation system. Seeking any such thing is just an exercise in futility.
CR250Rider
1/28/2013 9:42am
in 2011 46% of all americans pay no income taxes, but yet they can vote. whom do you suppose they DO vote for.

no job, no voting privileges in my book
Racer92
1/28/2013 9:46am
thehuck.0 wrote:
If a family that makes $5,000,000 is able to keep more of their own money, they will spend more on 'luxuries', such as vacations, cars, boats...
If a family that makes $5,000,000 is able to keep more of their own money, they will spend more on 'luxuries', such as vacations, cars, boats, toys.... This benefits, DIRECTLY, those making "$50,000 (or less)".
Ahhh, the old Trickle Down theory. And I got a Unicorn in the pasture, too. Wink
indy_maico
1/28/2013 10:02am
CR250Rider wrote:
in 2011 46% of all americans pay no income taxes, but yet they can vote. whom do you suppose they DO vote for. no job, no...
in 2011 46% of all americans pay no income taxes, but yet they can vote. whom do you suppose they DO vote for.

Thanks for pointing out the ever-increasing problem of income inequality, where more and more people don't make enough money to pay income tax.

Oh, and voting isn't a 'privilege', it is a right. There is more to the Constitution than just the Second Amendment.

You guys go to great lengths to defend the right to own a gun, while at the same time advocating the elimination of the right to vote for certain groups of people.
thehuck.0
1/28/2013 10:06am
CR250Rider wrote:
in 2011 46% of all americans pay no income taxes, but yet they can vote. whom do you suppose they DO vote for. no job, no...

indy_maico wrote:
Thanks for pointing out the ever-increasing problem of income inequality, where more and more people don't make enough money to pay income tax. Oh, and voting...
Thanks for pointing out the ever-increasing problem of income inequality, where more and more people don't make enough money to pay income tax.

Oh, and voting isn't a 'privilege', it is a right. There is more to the Constitution than just the Second Amendment.

You guys go to great lengths to defend the right to own a gun, while at the same time advocating the elimination of the right to vote for certain groups of people.
"generalize/lump" much?
1/28/2013 10:16am
I was reading during the election that places that receive the most per person in federal spending, (medicaid, food stamps, housing assistance, etc) vote in presidential elections for the party that wants to cut those programs. That is interesting.
1/28/2013 10:41am
Count your lucky stars because the $120 the fed is taking from you is a lot less than what my wife and daughter donate to target, the mall, pier 1, bed bath............................... I used to sing the same blues when I was single here's a them song for you

mxb2
1/28/2013 11:15am
Easy fix. Get on drugs, get pregnant blame the system and your childhood. Lol

Post a reply to: Penalized for being single

The Latest