Paging Newmann - Going to Gun Show Tomorrow

IWreckALot
Edited Date/Time 8/31/2015 5:01pm
Or anyone else with some suggestions. Got any tips on negotiating? Been wanting a .40 cal for awhile. A bit of a last minute decision to go and look. I like the glock. Seems like they are around $500 to $550 retail. What do you think a good new price and used price would be. If I decide to go used, what should I look for?
|
SEE ARE125
8/29/2015 6:14pm
Most places here wanted around $600. I drove an hour to some little mom and pop store and picked up my G23 Gen 4 for $500, felt like I got an okay deal. Finding ammo was the real bitch. lol
newmann
8/29/2015 6:15pm
Prepared to work your way through the Chinese knives and swords, beef jerky, stun guns going off all around you, rhinestone purses to find the good stuff? Only to find everything overpriced...lol. Go look and feel. If you find what you like look it up on the internet and see what it goes for. Internet sales will cost you shipping ($20-30) and a ffl transfer fee ($15-50) so negotiate from there.

If you decide on a Glock 40, I have an older one (Glock 22)with a very low round count through it that I would deliver to your ffl of choice with one box of shells for $400.00.

Even better, I would trade it for a welded up steel coffee table for my garage theatre room. Deliver it to Beaumont and we will go shoot the shit out of some guns. I have plenty of ammo...Smile
IWreckALot
8/29/2015 6:46pm
newmann wrote:
Prepared to work your way through the Chinese knives and swords, beef jerky, stun guns going off all around you, rhinestone purses to find the good...
Prepared to work your way through the Chinese knives and swords, beef jerky, stun guns going off all around you, rhinestone purses to find the good stuff? Only to find everything overpriced...lol. Go look and feel. If you find what you like look it up on the internet and see what it goes for. Internet sales will cost you shipping ($20-30) and a ffl transfer fee ($15-50) so negotiate from there.

If you decide on a Glock 40, I have an older one (Glock 22)with a very low round count through it that I would deliver to your ffl of choice with one box of shells for $400.00.

Even better, I would trade it for a welded up steel coffee table for my garage theatre room. Deliver it to Beaumont and we will go shoot the shit out of some guns. I have plenty of ammo...Smile
Well damn it. I haven't decided indefinitely that I am ready to get another gun. With that offer, I'm not sure I'd consider anything at the gun show tomorrow now. I have a buddy that wants to get his first handgun and he's looking at a new Glock 9. Before last weekend, he had been talking about wanting a handgun for the last year or two. I took him skeet and handgun shooting a week ago and now he wants a handgun and a shotgun.

You like the Glock? I don't know that I've shot one. I have a S&W 9 Tactical sidearm and it shoots awesome. The trigger pull is pretty short after the initial shot. Not much room for your wrist to distort while pulling the trigger. My dad has a Ruger 9 and it has a really long trigger pull. I'm terribly inaccurate with that gun.

Here is the same S&W 9 I have.

If you really want a coffee table built, take a picture of your garage theater room and pm it to me or post it if you want. I'll see if I can figure out a design I can build and would work well in your room. I need a good project to work on. If material and delivery work out to close enough I'll do it. If not, I might take you up on the $400 offer.
mattmatt300
8/29/2015 8:59pm
I may be biased because they're 20 minutes away from me but Glock is awesome. The customer service is top notch. I've had a bunch of them and aside from the 42 they all went bang every time no matter what I fed them. That 22 for $400 would be hard to pass up. Find a local shop that does free transfers.

The Shop

Bob693
8/29/2015 11:44pm
Best part of a gun show to me is you can pick up hundreds of models and see how they feel. You don't have to ask someone behind a counter to pull something out so you can look at it. I want a Walther pk380 just because it fits my hand so well. Figure out what you want and then see who has it for less. I look everything up online to compare their price as well to make sure I'm getting a good deal. Newman's deal does sound pretty good though.
newmann
8/30/2015 12:52pm

Three 15 and one 17 round mags go with it.
JRT812
8/30/2015 1:23pm
You can't go wrong with the Glock 23. Out of all the ugly black guns I have owned, the 40 G23 has always been my favorite (the G43 close behind). The thing I like the most about Glocks other than complete trust in them, I do not care what happens to them. Because of their reputation and minumal frills, they are great carry gun and always function. The first G23 I bought and still have, has been through almost 4,000 rounds with zero issues. I have only changed the spring a few times and she goes with me everywhere.
JRT812
8/30/2015 1:32pm
also, that is a good buy from newmann.
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
8/30/2015 5:52pm Edited Date/Time 8/30/2015 5:53pm
Hey fellas, anyone have a recommendation for a Inside the Waist Band CC holster for my Glock 19? Thinking I want to stay away from the cheap plastic, but don't know how great the expensive looking leather will work
jbracer247
8/30/2015 9:52pm
Best iwb holster for me is the crossbreed supertuck. So comfortable. I forget it's there. I carry a gen 3 glock 30 and 19
TailSoHard
8/31/2015 11:19am
Love my G19 Gen4. I shoot it better than any other gun I've ever shot, hands down. I've had a G21 (.45) before and that thing was a monster but equally as good as any other .45 I've shot. I have a 43 that I just picked up that's a little small for my big paws, but would make a fantastic carry gun.

My buddy has a G20 that is probably my favorite Glock to shoot when it comes down to the fun-factor, but it's too expensive to shoot for my taste.

Never had a .40 before, but have heard good things.

Moral of the story is that you can't go wrong with a Glock. If you can find one for under $500, that's a steal. Personally I'd take Newmann up on his offer, just so you can avoid the gun show deals. You can rest assured that if you don't like it, someone will give you what you paid for it, and that there are always going to be boatloads of Glocks out there to replace it...
Wildeye511
8/31/2015 5:01pm
MxKing809 wrote:
Hey fellas, anyone have a recommendation for a Inside the Waist Band CC holster for my Glock 19? Thinking I want to stay away from the...
Hey fellas, anyone have a recommendation for a Inside the Waist Band CC holster for my Glock 19? Thinking I want to stay away from the cheap plastic, but don't know how great the expensive looking leather will work
I have a Remora, works great. Here is a video of a guy doing a backflip with it in (No I cant and have not attempted that backflip LOL)... and a link to their website.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei0CzP1y5hk

http://www.remoraholsterstore.com/

Post a reply to: Paging Newmann - Going to Gun Show Tomorrow

The Latest