PORTUGAL

Uncle Tony
I know a lot of anti soccer guys here but Portugal won UEFA EURO 2016 congrats to Portugal did it without Cristiano Ronaldo great game!
|
Ted722
7/10/2016 3:32pm
Nothing wrong with Futbol! Great game.
Uncle Tony
7/10/2016 3:51pm
Thanks! I feel like a minority, most of the Brits and ozzie's are rugby barbarians and Americans think it's boring I guess because it doesn't have enough commercials?
PalerBlue
7/10/2016 3:56pm
Gutted for my guy Payet. I can't believe he got subbed!
It seems to me France had Portugal worked out while Ronaldo was on the pitch but didn't have a 'plan B' when he got injured and the game changed.
Still it was incredible just how much it all meant to Ronaldo eh?
Uncle Tony
7/10/2016 4:10pm
Yes it seemed to mean a lot to him, I felt France bounced him around tho, but hey that's football remember Italy did it Zidane in 06

The Shop

Uncle Tony
7/10/2016 4:13pm
I believe France needed him out of the match, but it back fired
PalerBlue
7/10/2016 11:19pm
Here's hoping we get to keep him, now the world knows about him.

Prntscrn
7/11/2016 8:56am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2016 8:59am
I love soccer(It's football really Angry )
Not a fan of Portugal though..

Wee Joe bossing making team of the tournament aswell!
7/11/2016 11:40am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2016 11:42am
I have a good friend from Portugal who now resides in NY. They were partying in the streets of Mineola. I didn't have a dog in the fight I had been pulling for Wales even though Bale was a Sp***
Titan1
7/11/2016 12:44pm
Uncle Tony wrote:
Thanks! I feel like a minority, most of the Brits and ozzie's are rugby barbarians and Americans think it's boring I guess because it doesn't have...
Thanks! I feel like a minority, most of the Brits and ozzie's are rugby barbarians and Americans think it's boring I guess because it doesn't have enough commercials?
How about we think its boring, because its boring? Its slow, very seldom do they score...and then the players are complete pussies! Watching them flop is nauseating.
7/11/2016 1:10pm
Uncle Tony wrote:
Thanks! I feel like a minority, most of the Brits and ozzie's are rugby barbarians and Americans think it's boring I guess because it doesn't have...
Titan1 wrote:
How about we think its boring, because its boring? Its slow, very seldom do they score...and then the players are complete pussies! Watching them flop is...
How about we think its boring, because its boring? Its slow, very seldom do they score...and then the players are complete pussies! Watching them flop is nauseating.
are you a baseball fan? Talk about slow. A 3 hour game that ends up 3-2. THAT is boring.
If someone doesn't like soccer, that's fine, but saying it's slow doesn't make sense to me.
I love American football. In a 3 hour game the ball is only in play 11 minutes.

International soccer, especially the World Cup, has way too many flops. There are rules in place to reduce that behavior, but sometimes it's hard to tell a flop from a true foul at live speed. Flop in the box and you get a card.

I remember reading somewhere the average midfielder runs 6 miles per game. Totally pussy.

7/11/2016 1:19pm Edited Date/Time 7/11/2016 1:20pm
Uncle Tony wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
How about we think its boring, because its boring? Its slow, very seldom do they score...and then the players are complete pussies! Watching them flop is...
are you a baseball fan? Talk about slow. A 3 hour game that ends up 3-2. THAT is boring. If someone doesn't like soccer, that's fine...
are you a baseball fan? Talk about slow. A 3 hour game that ends up 3-2. THAT is boring.
If someone doesn't like soccer, that's fine, but saying it's slow doesn't make sense to me.

International soccer, especially the World Cup, has way too many flops. There are rules in place to reduce that behavior, but sometimes it's hard to tell a flop from a true foul at live speed. Flop in the box and you get a card.

I remember reading somewhere the average midfielder runs 6 miles per game. Totally pussy.

I'd like to see him call Roy Keane or Tony Adams a pussy to their faces
Prntscrn
7/11/2016 1:29pm Edited Date/Time 7/11/2016 1:38pm
Titan1 wrote:
What so fun about 200 points per game(basketball)? or more breaks than actual playing time(american football)? For the record I can actual enjoy watching some bigger american football games

To me soccer is an amazing sport. I never enjoyed playing it but I love watching it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJeB_7A0nvM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie3m3Op42Rc
Uncle Tony
7/11/2016 3:14pm
Titan1 wrote:
Yes Titan some games are boring and some really entertaining to watch, but to call them pussies is not right, they are great at what they do, American football is a farce there's more hype in the Super Bowl half time show then the actual game it self, but I don't want to get into a pissing match as to what sport is better, to each his own brother
Uncle Tony
7/11/2016 3:17pm
I have a good friend from Portugal who now resides in NY. They were partying in the streets of Mineola. I didn't have a dog in...
I have a good friend from Portugal who now resides in NY. They were partying in the streets of Mineola. I didn't have a dog in the fight I had been pulling for Wales even though Bale was a Sp***
Your from the island? I don't live far from mineola, there is a big Portuguese population here on Long Island
Titan1
7/11/2016 3:54pm
Uncle Tony wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
are you a baseball fan? Talk about slow. A 3 hour game that ends up 3-2. THAT is boring. If someone doesn't like soccer, that's fine...

No. I can't watch baseball either. Or American Football for that matter.

Running 6 miles isn't hard, at all though. Especially if you have 90 minutes to do it (that's a very slow jog). That doesn't make them tough.

Stick and ball sports have a hard time keeping my attention...and don't even get me started on judged "sports"...if it doesn't have a motor, I don't see much excitement.
Titan1
7/11/2016 3:56pm
Titan1 wrote:
Prntscrn wrote:
What so fun about 200 points per game(basketball)? or more breaks than actual playing time(american football)? For the record I can actual enjoy watching some bigger...
What so fun about 200 points per game(basketball)? or more breaks than actual playing time(american football)? For the record I can actual enjoy watching some bigger american football games

To me soccer is an amazing sport. I never enjoyed playing it but I love watching it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJeB_7A0nvM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie3m3Op42Rc
To each his own I guess...

I don't enjoy american football...or basketball (though of all the stick and ball sports, basketball is my favorite...but I don't like it enough to actually watch an entire game).

Best part of soccer are the crazy frikkin' fans...I went to a Real Salt Lake game with one of my buddies a year ago...I didn't even watch the game, but the crazy fans were sure entertaining. lol

Titan1
7/11/2016 3:57pm
Titan1 wrote:
Uncle Tony wrote:
Yes Titan some games are boring and some really entertaining to watch, but to call them pussies is not right, they are great at what they...
Yes Titan some games are boring and some really entertaining to watch, but to call them pussies is not right, they are great at what they do, American football is a farce there's more hype in the Super Bowl half time show then the actual game it self, but I don't want to get into a pissing match as to what sport is better, to each his own brother
Fair enough...to each their own. (But I do agree with you on American Football, I don't get the appeal?...and my pussy remark was just about the flopping, if they are passing rules to weed that out, then its a step in the right direction.)
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
7/11/2016 4:21pm Edited Date/Time 7/11/2016 4:22pm
i struggle to watch full games of Football, but do follow the EPL and the bigger Euro and World Cups, agree with Titan to an extent where there is not alot of scoring, Live games in England were awesome with the atmosphere,

I got taken to a baseball game once and Anahiem stadium, man it was boring, I think it there was like 3 hits until the 7th innings when we left, i think i got a bad day but it made test cricket seem interesting to watch live, and that takes 5 days, and draws are not uncommon,

Ill watch American Football if i have an afternoon spare, but the stop start nature of it is not fun to watch, give me rugby or rugby league any day,
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
7/11/2016 5:28pm
Soccer is boring, Baseball is boring, American Football is boring. Anything that doesn't involve race fuel is sub-par, if you ask me.
Titan1
7/11/2016 5:40pm Edited Date/Time 7/11/2016 5:40pm
Falcon wrote:
Soccer is boring, Baseball is boring, American Football is boring. Anything that doesn't involve race fuel is sub-par, if you ask me.
Preach on!!!
Uncle Tony
7/12/2016 4:47am

Here you go Titan David Luiz when he played for Chelsea, for the record I'm a Liverpool fan
7/12/2016 5:28am
I have a good friend from Portugal who now resides in NY. They were partying in the streets of Mineola. I didn't have a dog in...
Uncle Tony wrote:
Your from the island? I don't live far from mineola, there is a big Portuguese population here on Long Island
I'm in SoCal but I have a good buddy who lives on Long Island, originally from Portugal.

Post a reply to: PORTUGAL

The Latest