Not the best day

Sandberm
7/24/2014 6:45pm
Dont cross the water!

Sincerely John John
newmann
7/24/2014 6:50pm
Bummer. Been raining hard here in Texas recently and have had a few flood cars towed into the shop, all totaled with water to the middle of the dash.

Was it rising water or did you get caught up in it while driving? Damn cars these days have so many electronics down at floor levels that it doesn't take much water to total one. Hope it all works out with your ins. company. Every now and then it even works out to your favor....
7/24/2014 7:01pm
newmann wrote:
Bummer. Been raining hard here in Texas recently and have had a few flood cars towed into the shop, all totaled with water to the middle...
Bummer. Been raining hard here in Texas recently and have had a few flood cars towed into the shop, all totaled with water to the middle of the dash.

Was it rising water or did you get caught up in it while driving? Damn cars these days have so many electronics down at floor levels that it doesn't take much water to total one. Hope it all works out with your ins. company. Every now and then it even works out to your favor....
Thanks newmann and i was actually cutting thru a neoghborhood and thr rain was coming down so hard I couldn't tell what was standing and what was just built up on the roadway. Bad this is, I just dropped full coverage on mondaySick
newmann
7/24/2014 7:16pm
Ruh roh! You suck up any water in the engine? Can you dry it out? How high did the water get? Just get that carpet pulled quick and all the seats out. Probably has heavy molded foam backing that is a bitch to get dry. Takes a loooong time to dry but make sure you get it soaked clean through the foam with a good cleaning solution.

The Shop

7/24/2014 7:19pm
newmann wrote:
Ruh roh! You suck up any water in the engine? Can you dry it out? How high did the water get? Just get that carpet pulled...
Ruh roh! You suck up any water in the engine? Can you dry it out? How high did the water get? Just get that carpet pulled quick and all the seats out. Probably has heavy molded foam backing that is a bitch to get dry. Takes a loooong time to dry but make sure you get it soaked clean through the foam with a good cleaning solution.
Unfortunately I'm pretty sure it's hydrolocked. No garage and I work night shift so ill be up early tomorrow pulling interior.
newmann
7/24/2014 7:32pm
Pull the plugs and drain the oil. Hopefully nothing got chunked. If I was close by I'd help you gut it. I'm fairly good with all the Mercedes trim stuff but those Germans over engineer everything. It's all pretty simple once you get it apart and see how it goes together, but real complicated up to that point!Laughing

Few years ago my neighbor decides he's going to pressure wash the engine in his Camry. Made sure to do a really good job and filled the air filter resonator box full. When he's done he decides it's best to crank it and let it run a few minutes to dry things off. All was going well until he decided to rev the shit out of it and sucked all that water up into the engine at about 5 grand! Blew the rods out of the engine block and broke the front motor mount completely off. He was as pissed about all the oil on his driveway as he was the hole in the engine! LOL
SEEMEFIRST
7/25/2014 2:41am
newmann wrote:
Pull the plugs and drain the oil. Hopefully nothing got chunked. If I was close by I'd help you gut it. I'm fairly good with all...
Pull the plugs and drain the oil. Hopefully nothing got chunked. If I was close by I'd help you gut it. I'm fairly good with all the Mercedes trim stuff but those Germans over engineer everything. It's all pretty simple once you get it apart and see how it goes together, but real complicated up to that point!Laughing

Few years ago my neighbor decides he's going to pressure wash the engine in his Camry. Made sure to do a really good job and filled the air filter resonator box full. When he's done he decides it's best to crank it and let it run a few minutes to dry things off. All was going well until he decided to rev the shit out of it and sucked all that water up into the engine at about 5 grand! Blew the rods out of the engine block and broke the front motor mount completely off. He was as pissed about all the oil on his driveway as he was the hole in the engine! LOL
WTF? You trying to say water doesn't compress? I'm calling bullshit on that one.
Racer92
7/25/2014 4:01am
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
WTF? You trying to say water doesn't compress? I'm calling bullshit on that one.
I know for a fact that fluids wont compress. Dizzy

MX558
7/25/2014 1:55pm
newmann wrote:
Pull the plugs and drain the oil. Hopefully nothing got chunked. If I was close by I'd help you gut it. I'm fairly good with all...

SEEMEFIRST wrote:
You ever hear the term " water is harder than concrete " growing up ?
7/25/2014 1:59pm
Racer92 wrote:
I know for a fact that fluids wont compress. :S [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/07/25/60829/s1200_MVC_005S.jpg[/img]
I know for a fact that fluids wont compress. Dizzy

Me too. Bent rods so shes a goner.
newmann
7/25/2014 2:29pm
Fuuuuuuu..... Sorry to hear. No doubt, let it go. Still though with no insurance it will have a clean title which will make it more desirable to the rebuilders. Salvage yards won't offer you dick for it, but they will charge me $4000.00 for the front end off of it! LOL. Clean her up good so it doesn't stink and sell it.

What year and model is it?
7/25/2014 2:38pm
newmann wrote:
Fuuuuuuu..... Sorry to hear. No doubt, let it go. Still though with no insurance it will have a clean title which will make it more desirable...
Fuuuuuuu..... Sorry to hear. No doubt, let it go. Still though with no insurance it will have a clean title which will make it more desirable to the rebuilders. Salvage yards won't offer you dick for it, but they will charge me $4000.00 for the front end off of it! LOL. Clean her up good so it doesn't stink and sell it.

What year and model is it?
2005 C240 4Matic
S.Loyer
7/25/2014 4:50pm
Engine is shot if its hydrolocked.
But thats a common car, I mean not like a Focus or Malibu but as far as a Benz go.

You should have no issue finding a motor to swap from a totaled one, just in Alaska I found 3 on craigslist ranging from 600-2000K.

Post a reply to: Not the best day

The Latest