Nicky Hayden in serious condition after cycling accident

WillyB
Edited Date/Time 5/22/2017 4:52pm
|
AHRMA361
Fantasy
232nd
5/17/2017 11:29am
Saw that news earlier today. How terrible for Nicky and his family.

The irony of racing AMA Superbike, WSBK and MotoGP for years and years, and being taken out in a bicycle accident.

Hope for a full and speedy recovery. Brain injuries with a lot of swelling are so unpredictable as to recovery rates and healing time.
jamma10
5/17/2017 11:44am
Terrible Sad

There have been several high profile bicycle accidents recently. Former Diro D'Italia winner Michele Scarponi was killed in after a collision with a car in April, Chris Froome was driven off the road the other day and now this.

Judging by the photos this one seems like a strange incident too. The road appears to be wide and straight so god knows how the driver managed to hit Hayden.
JPT
5/17/2017 1:16pm
Scary stuff.
5/17/2017 1:19pm
I just read about it too. Sounds pretty bad. I was just talking with my father in law about how I would love to get a road bike, but it always seems so dangerous.

The Shop

WillyB
5/17/2017 1:53pm
I ride my road bike daily. To work during the week and in the mountains on the weekends. This is hitting home hard for me. I've been a fan of Nicky Hayden from his AMA superbike days on the Honda. I hope he pulls through. This sucks.
G-man
5/17/2017 10:23pm
Oh man, what terrible news after all Nicky has been through in his life and to have this happen.
Really tragic.

Hope for a full recovery.
JRT812
5/18/2017 6:08am
WillyB wrote:
I ride my road bike daily. To work during the week and in the mountains on the weekends. This is hitting home hard for me. I've...
I ride my road bike daily. To work during the week and in the mountains on the weekends. This is hitting home hard for me. I've been a fan of Nicky Hayden from his AMA superbike days on the Honda. I hope he pulls through. This sucks.
same here.... but bad stuff can happen 2 wheels or 4 wheels. I hate it when I hear about a friend or someone I look up to get hurt, but don't let it hinder you enjoying your hobbies. At least that is what I tell myself with finger crossed as I hit the pavement to feel better
WillyB
5/18/2017 6:19am
WillyB wrote:
I ride my road bike daily. To work during the week and in the mountains on the weekends. This is hitting home hard for me. I've...
JRT812 wrote:
same here.... but bad stuff can happen 2 wheels or 4 wheels. I hate it when I hear about a friend or someone I look up...
same here.... but bad stuff can happen 2 wheels or 4 wheels. I hate it when I hear about a friend or someone I look up to get hurt, but don't let it hinder you enjoying your hobbies. At least that is what I tell myself with finger crossed as I hit the pavement to feel better
Very true. I had posted this last night on my Facebook page. If anyone can recover it's Nicky. Win this race to health buddy! Sad

JRT812
5/18/2017 10:15am
WillyB wrote:
Very true. I had posted this last night on my Facebook page. If anyone can recover it's Nicky. Win this race to health buddy! :( [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/05/18/196173/s1200_Capture.jpg[/img]
Very true. I had posted this last night on my Facebook page. If anyone can recover it's Nicky. Win this race to health buddy! Sad

Good post!
XXVoid MainXX
5/19/2017 8:53am Edited Date/Time 5/19/2017 10:23am
I deleted the link I had here because it appears to be fake. Fucking scum bags!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/19/2017 9:36am
I read something that his injuries are so severe that he's brain dead. Not sure if that's indeed a fact or not but things aren't looking too good.
TX24
5/19/2017 9:59am
I have watched him race many times back in his flat track days. Anybody remember when him and his brothers swept the Springfield TT podium. I sure hope he pulls through this. I ride bikes on country roads about four days a week.
WillyB
5/19/2017 11:52am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I read something that his injuries are so severe that he's brain dead. Not sure if that's indeed a fact or not but things aren't looking...
I read something that his injuries are so severe that he's brain dead. Not sure if that's indeed a fact or not but things aren't looking too good.
I'm hearing this as well. Got a call from my friend in the "industry" and was informed of that as well. No official reports yet....
WillyB
5/22/2017 9:39am
RIP #69 . This one hurts.
JRT812
5/22/2017 11:53am
WillyB wrote:
RIP #69 . This one hurts.
sure does... same feeling I had after the KC incident a few years ago. Never met either person, but man they seemed like such cool people. Always thought Hayden's story was so cool.
JPT
5/22/2017 1:08pm
Very sad, not much you can see.
tp4
5/23/2017 5:31pm
tugs at my heart..so sorry for his family...rip nicky
5/26/2017 8:39pm
He died on the Friday before the French GP. They tried keeping it quiet so that it wouldnt distract the racers over the weekend. Naturally, it leaked out.

Another rumor/leak is that he was listening to headphones while riding and may have been at fault. Riding by yourself is certainly more dangerous than riding in a group. Either way, it is what it is. He's gone. He had a great life. Better than 99.999999% of the people that have ever walked the face of the earth. Can't feel too bad for the bloke.

I was a huge Hayden fan. For all the obvious reasons. Seems like just a really nice dude. And that 2006 season meant so much to American fans.

I wont feel bad for the family tho. The Hayden family has a habit of publicly mocking the struggle & misery of others. Maybe now that they've had to suffer a bit, it'll give them some much needed perspective. But I doubt it.

I always find it odd that we mourn the loss of people because of their talent on a bike (or with a guitar or ball, etc), while completely disregarding their personal faults, no matter how ugly.
WillyB
5/26/2017 8:56pm
He died on the Friday before the French GP. They tried keeping it quiet so that it wouldnt distract the racers over the weekend. Naturally, it...
He died on the Friday before the French GP. They tried keeping it quiet so that it wouldnt distract the racers over the weekend. Naturally, it leaked out.

Another rumor/leak is that he was listening to headphones while riding and may have been at fault. Riding by yourself is certainly more dangerous than riding in a group. Either way, it is what it is. He's gone. He had a great life. Better than 99.999999% of the people that have ever walked the face of the earth. Can't feel too bad for the bloke.

I was a huge Hayden fan. For all the obvious reasons. Seems like just a really nice dude. And that 2006 season meant so much to American fans.

I wont feel bad for the family tho. The Hayden family has a habit of publicly mocking the struggle & misery of others. Maybe now that they've had to suffer a bit, it'll give them some much needed perspective. But I doubt it.

I always find it odd that we mourn the loss of people because of their talent on a bike (or with a guitar or ball, etc), while completely disregarding their personal faults, no matter how ugly.
Really man!

Post a reply to: Nicky Hayden in serious condition after cycling accident

The Latest