New playground

enketchum
10/24/2014 10:11pm
Wow. I'm all about saving money but I'm not sure I could justify building that by myself. Maybe if it took all summer
level
10/24/2014 11:24pm
enketchum wrote:
Wow. I'm all about saving money but I'm not sure I could justify building that by myself. Maybe if it took all summer
The guy that built it built it in 1 day at his warehouse then came and installed it the next day and took about 8 hours. He had 2 other guys helping.
enketchum
10/25/2014 12:03am
Does he make these for a living? He probably has all the measurements for the cuts and hardware lists. It's a lot of cutting but it would go fast if you knew all the dimensions
Hman144
Fantasy
713th
10/25/2014 5:09am
Wow. For one kid? Some community parks don't have that much equipment.

Ostentatious overindulgence.

Well, you asked what we thought, so there it is.

The Shop

hillbilly
10/25/2014 7:01am
You will need to keep the wood sealed with something good or it will start to raise splinters.

Take a round over bit in a router and go along the hand rails and places where you sit and slide over a edge.

I've put the bits in handdrills before to get in tight places,a rasp will work but much harder on the arms.

That is a damn awsome setup.
level
10/25/2014 8:33pm
hillbilly wrote:
You will need to keep the wood sealed with something good or it will start to raise splinters. Take a round over bit in a router...
You will need to keep the wood sealed with something good or it will start to raise splinters.

Take a round over bit in a router and go along the hand rails and places where you sit and slide over a edge.

I've put the bits in handdrills before to get in tight places,a rasp will work but much harder on the arms.

That is a damn awsome setup.
Yeah I asked him about that. He said most his clients don't stain it and it holds up for years and years. He has models on display at his place of business outside that he never stained that been there for 15 years and look great. I did have him stain it though and like you said may have to restrain every 2 or 3 years.

I was actually stressing out on the stain wondering if it's worth it. There is another playground down the street-one is stained and looks like shit and the other one is not and looks great.
SEEMEFIRST
10/26/2014 12:19am
enketchum wrote:
Does he make these for a living? He probably has all the measurements for the cuts and hardware lists. It's a lot of cutting but it...
Does he make these for a living? He probably has all the measurements for the cuts and hardware lists. It's a lot of cutting but it would go fast if you knew all the dimensions
There are guys out there who just do this stuff. Had a guy asking me if I knew anyone who might be interested in being an installer.
They have different plans, you pick what you want, they cut it, and send it out for installers to put it together.

Evidently it's a pretty lucrative business.
domoguchi
10/26/2014 4:23am Edited Date/Time 10/26/2014 7:45am
There is one spoiled kid somewhere in Ga.....should of put it in her college funds instead. You would be much better served. pretty cool setup none the less..but and absolete incredible waste of 10K IMHO....but each to their own I gues....enjoy
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
10/26/2014 5:08am
Looks awesome!

Terrible use of 10k Laughing

Do you have a motox track at home? Ask for one for Xmas ...
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
10/26/2014 7:06am
I don't know so much a stain but a water treatment product. Very easy to apply just expensive. You fill a hudson sprayer
and just go to town spraying everything. Back when I was a young lad and fireman, we had a guy in our area that would use kerosene on his house once a year. We always worried about the fire hazard during that time (we are in a high fire hazard area anyway) but damn his house always looked perfect!
The set looks like years of fun for the neighborhood kids!!!! And after the kids outgrow it you can house a community of homeless folks Woohoo
level
10/26/2014 8:12am
Brad460 wrote:
Looks awesome!

Terrible use of 10k Laughing

Do you have a motox track at home? Ask for one for Xmas ...
Yeah, I got a mx track at home too. Even though I haven't ridden it in a while.
level
10/26/2014 8:15am
I know it seems a little excessive trust me and probably is.

We went to the showroom and looked outside and they had some for 3k but when you add stain and swings and shit it gets up to 5k real quick and it's a somewhat small playground. Just few swings and one fort.

So I decided, hell if we are going to to it let's do it right otherwise she will just want to go to the playground down the street at the school that is much larger.

So we shelled out an extra 5k and got more extra shit. In fact this one was 13k because the stain was 1500 and I added a picnic table.

13k is excessive I understand but the money was there for now and my mom bought it. I told her I would pitch in half but she wouldn't let me. I figured if my mom pitches in 5k and I pitch in 5k then we can get a big playground that she can get much use out of.

But in hindsight I think it probably was a little much and the little one would of enjoyed a smaller one just fine but it's done and over with at this point.
level
10/26/2014 8:48am
This one here down the street would of cost like 4 grand to build with no stain.

This was the guys place of business here. This is one we were going to go with. It was 3200. Just one fort, one slide and a few swings which hey isn't bad but still seemed a little small. With stain this one would of been about 4000 and another swing about 4500. So now you can see why we decided to just go all out even though in hindsight now this probably would of been fine. But hey it's not about that. Just wanted to show it off and money aside don't you think the one we got is bad ass?

level
10/26/2014 8:52am
Few things I don't like about mine is that the green slides get so freaking hot but they didn't have yellow. The swing I wish was higher up also. It's about 2 feet to short so can't swing very high. I was little bummed about that. Now you party poopers are making me feel all guilty about spending so much money.
hvaughn88
10/26/2014 9:16am
I think it's awesome. Expensive? Yup. But people can spend their money on whatever they want. I'm sure 99% of the world think spending $9,000 on a new dirt bike is foolish too and should be put in a college fund. Once again, I think it's awesome and hope your daughter enjoys it for years to come!
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
10/26/2014 9:21am
level wrote:
This one here down the street would of cost like 4 grand to build with no stain. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/10/26/68668/s1200_Screen_Shot_2014_10_26_at_11.43.36_AM.jpg[/img] This was the guys place of business here...
This one here down the street would of cost like 4 grand to build with no stain.

This was the guys place of business here. This is one we were going to go with. It was 3200. Just one fort, one slide and a few swings which hey isn't bad but still seemed a little small. With stain this one would of been about 4000 and another swing about 4500. So now you can see why we decided to just go all out even though in hindsight now this probably would of been fine. But hey it's not about that. Just wanted to show it off and money aside don't you think the one we got is bad ass?

For ~4k those are a rip off and we would really being giving you shit if you paid 4k for one of those! Cool

Seriously though that is awesome your mom did that..she must really love her grandchild...my mom spends tons of cash on my daughter-constantly buying her clothes, shoes, electronics, 100 dollar bills..Laughing ...I am constantly telling her to knock it off! Tongue
level
10/26/2014 10:50am
You know what's crazy though is I looked online at some playgrounds-the plastic and metal ones.

They were running upwards of 25 thousand. I saw one that was 127k and it was big but not much bigger than mine. I couldn't believe it.

I found this one online. 25 thousand. Just crazy. Wal mart has some very cheap ones for like 1000-3500 but I would imagine very cheap.

But look at this one for 25 thousand dollars.

hvaughn88
10/26/2014 10:52am
level wrote:
You know what's crazy though is I looked online at some playgrounds-the plastic and metal ones. They were running upwards of 25 thousand. I saw one...
You know what's crazy though is I looked online at some playgrounds-the plastic and metal ones.

They were running upwards of 25 thousand. I saw one that was 127k and it was big but not much bigger than mine. I couldn't believe it.

I found this one online. 25 thousand. Just crazy. Wal mart has some very cheap ones for like 1000-3500 but I would imagine very cheap.

Yours is better looking too
level
10/26/2014 10:52am
Look at some of these prices. Unreal.

level
10/26/2014 10:55am
160 thousand for this. Oh man.

PalerBlue
10/26/2014 10:56am
hvaughn88 wrote:
I think it's awesome. Expensive? Yup. But people can spend their money on whatever they want. I'm sure 99% of the world think spending $9,000 on...
I think it's awesome. Expensive? Yup. But people can spend their money on whatever they want. I'm sure 99% of the world think spending $9,000 on a new dirt bike is foolish too and should be put in a college fund. Once again, I think it's awesome and hope your daughter enjoys it for years to come!
x 2! Take no notice of the jealous types here..............
domoguchi
10/26/2014 11:05am
level wrote:
You know what's crazy though is I looked online at some playgrounds-the plastic and metal ones. They were running upwards of 25 thousand. I saw one...

All kidding with you aside, your child is very fortunate to have someone who loves and cares about her so much. My mom and Dad did the same exact thing with our three children. With all the bad in the world today I always find it comforting to know there are still allot of caring and loving people in the World....as wired as that may sound. More power to you and your mom.

Peace....
Sandberm
10/26/2014 1:16pm
In this day and age of fat kids who wont go out an play, its nice to see a parent promote something that will give his kid some exercise.Smile

And judging by those woods in the background....that piece of playground equipment could double as a hunting stand for some budding archer.Evil
SEEMEFIRST
10/26/2014 6:10pm
Sandberm wrote:
In this day and age of fat kids who wont go out an play, its nice to see a parent promote something that will give his...
In this day and age of fat kids who wont go out an play, its nice to see a parent promote something that will give his kid some exercise.Smile

And judging by those woods in the background....that piece of playground equipment could double as a hunting stand for some budding archer.Evil
Hahaha... Deer stand. HELL YEAH!!!
KMC440
10/27/2014 7:56am
I was in line at the checkout and this mom told a 4yr old they didn't have the money for chocolate milk .... felt bad for the kid ... then the mom gets 2 packs of smokes for 9.50 .... wanted to steal the kid and raise the little one with class.
hvaughn88
10/27/2014 8:12am
KMC440 wrote:
I was in line at the checkout and this mom told a 4yr old they didn't have the money for chocolate milk .... felt bad for...
I was in line at the checkout and this mom told a 4yr old they didn't have the money for chocolate milk .... felt bad for the kid ... then the mom gets 2 packs of smokes for 9.50 .... wanted to steal the kid and raise the little one with class.
I hear ya, man. That stuff is hard to watch. I'm not claiming to be a perfect parent by any means. In fact, far from it. But I've seen so many situations where you just know the kid doesn't stand a chance at not repeating the cycle. I've never considered myself to be the type that's cut out for adoption, but there's those times that I also want to just bring a kid home with me and raise them as my own so they can have a loving family and a fighting chance at making a good life for themselves.
huck
10/27/2014 9:09am
That's awesome...and who cares how much it cost. Fuck these guys for saying how much should or shouldn't be spent on this.... I'm sure it's the same douche bags that run the vet class, with a highly modified new 450.... Enjoy the time with your daughter!!! Looks like some awesome picnic spots on that thing!

Post a reply to: New playground

The Latest