Need Info on Leasing a Vehicle

hvaughn88
3/3/2015 11:03am
SF45 wrote:
A 1.5 mile round trip should be a walk, or a bicycle ride at least! Huh
hvaughn88 wrote:
I can't speak for blue thumper, but I can attest that riding a bicycle on the roads "down here" is sometimes a suicide mission. I was...
I can't speak for blue thumper, but I can attest that riding a bicycle on the roads "down here" is sometimes a suicide mission. I was a "roadie" for a while when I was racing mountain bikes and had more than my share of rednecks yelling at me and squeezing me off the road. Not cool. Let's just say that a vast amount of people here don't like to share the road.
IWreckALot wrote:
I used to ride on the road a lot. There are a lot of hills around my house and I'd ride them about 4 times a...
I used to ride on the road a lot. There are a lot of hills around my house and I'd ride them about 4 times a week. Problem was, the road back to the house was a main road and a guy grazed my handle bar one day. That's when I said enough is enough and stopped riding that route. I'm very picky about where I'll ride on a road now. It sucks that assholes dictate where you can and can't ride but I'm not about to be laid up in a hospital due to stubbornness.
I'm with ya on that one. It's just not worth it in some cases. I do have a funny story, though. There's a guy we used to ride with that's a big, strong, beast of a man that just happened to get into cycling. He's definitely the type of guy that you just would never mess with and he's also a bit of a loose cannon. Well one day on a ride (wasn't with him that day, unfortunately) some dipshit redneck I guess saw a cyclist in tight shorts and decided he would run that "sissy boy" off the road and yell obscenities at him. Long story short, there was a stop light pretty close and the guy in the truck got stuck at a red light and our body sprinted up to the guys truck (he also was carrying a collapsible baton with him), smashed his window in, threw open the door, pulled the guy out, and then beat the shit out of him and left him laying out in the road. Then just continued on his ride. I'm sure that guy won't make that mistake again.
IWreckALot
3/3/2015 11:11am
hvaughn88 wrote:
I can't speak for blue thumper, but I can attest that riding a bicycle on the roads "down here" is sometimes a suicide mission. I was...
I can't speak for blue thumper, but I can attest that riding a bicycle on the roads "down here" is sometimes a suicide mission. I was a "roadie" for a while when I was racing mountain bikes and had more than my share of rednecks yelling at me and squeezing me off the road. Not cool. Let's just say that a vast amount of people here don't like to share the road.
IWreckALot wrote:
I used to ride on the road a lot. There are a lot of hills around my house and I'd ride them about 4 times a...
I used to ride on the road a lot. There are a lot of hills around my house and I'd ride them about 4 times a week. Problem was, the road back to the house was a main road and a guy grazed my handle bar one day. That's when I said enough is enough and stopped riding that route. I'm very picky about where I'll ride on a road now. It sucks that assholes dictate where you can and can't ride but I'm not about to be laid up in a hospital due to stubbornness.
hvaughn88 wrote:
I'm with ya on that one. It's just not worth it in some cases. I do have a funny story, though. There's a guy we used...
I'm with ya on that one. It's just not worth it in some cases. I do have a funny story, though. There's a guy we used to ride with that's a big, strong, beast of a man that just happened to get into cycling. He's definitely the type of guy that you just would never mess with and he's also a bit of a loose cannon. Well one day on a ride (wasn't with him that day, unfortunately) some dipshit redneck I guess saw a cyclist in tight shorts and decided he would run that "sissy boy" off the road and yell obscenities at him. Long story short, there was a stop light pretty close and the guy in the truck got stuck at a red light and our body sprinted up to the guys truck (he also was carrying a collapsible baton with him), smashed his window in, threw open the door, pulled the guy out, and then beat the shit out of him and left him laying out in the road. Then just continued on his ride. I'm sure that guy won't make that mistake again.
Haha. Big guys that are loose cannons are always the most fun to hang around.

The guys in bicycle shorts might LOOK like sissies, but they're generally the guys who are in much better shape. That redneck got what was coming to him it sounds like.

When the dude clipped me, there was a whole other lane wide open. He was doing it to be an asshole I assume. Makes you wonder what they're trying to accomplish. . .

The Shop

Post a reply to: Need Info on Leasing a Vehicle

The Latest