National Parks documentary by ken burns

hillbilly
Edited Date/Time 5/5/2016 7:48am
Watched it last week on PBS. 5 nites 2 hrs per.

Very very good.

If not for a few driven people it would never happened. John Muir being one.

And the great smokies being bought by money raised in Knoxville and Asheville was something i never knew. About half the 10 million was raised by donation ,john Rockefeller jr put up 4 or 5 then FDR used government for the last.

Rockefeller did a lot for many parks but each one had somebody that was just driven to save the area.

I recommend.
|
5/4/2016 6:27am
hillbilly wrote:
Watched it last week on PBS. 5 nites 2 hrs per. Very very good. If not for a few driven people it would never happened. John...
Watched it last week on PBS. 5 nites 2 hrs per.

Very very good.

If not for a few driven people it would never happened. John Muir being one.

And the great smokies being bought by money raised in Knoxville and Asheville was something i never knew. About half the 10 million was raised by donation ,john Rockefeller jr put up 4 or 5 then FDR used government for the last.

Rockefeller did a lot for many parks but each one had somebody that was just driven to save the area.

I recommend.
One of my favorite Burns documentaries.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
5/4/2016 9:58am
It's awesome. From the time I was nine months old until 16 my folks piled us all in the car for a month and we circled around the west, north one year to Canada for family and the next year through the southwest. But every year the trip pivoted on a week at the Grand Tetons camping at Jenny Lake. The trip were total gypsy national park and forest camping, in tents or under the stars, or in the car if it was raining and we were unable to find a place. Other than family or friend stop overs, I can count the number of times we stayed in a motel over that 16 years on one hand. It was absolutely an awesome experience. Wish we would have made it further east than the Black Hills, but really only did that once when we went to the World's Fair in Montreal in '67 and swung down the east coast when I was ten. Don't recall a lot of it other than the fair and breaking down 30 miles from home after a month and 10,000 miles on the road.

It was awesome.
jndmx
5/4/2016 10:23am Edited Date/Time 5/4/2016 10:24am
Loved this series as well.

The baseball series Burns did is excellent also.

The Shop

twnorton
5/5/2016 7:48am
RMNP is absolutely beautiful. going to try and knock yellowstone and grand teton out in september this year and yosemite in june of next year. I have a thing for national parks. Makes a great travel destination

Post a reply to: National Parks documentary by ken burns

The Latest