NYC Commission On Human Rights "31 Genders"

I thought 31 flavors was an ice cream thing.
How could a business owner and employee's possibly memorize so many different "genders" and who prefers which description?
Here, most likely unelected bureaucrats, come up with regulations to force businesses to recognize 31 gender descriptions. With fines up to $250,000 this seems like another way to bully the general public, provide work for the "legal system" and revenue for lawyers.
The $250,000 fine is unreasonably high and it will never be imposed. The big number is used by bureaucrats to intimidate. Also it is easier to get a judgment for a smaller fine when the maximum fine is much higher.

In New York City, it is now illegal to discriminate anyone whose gender is male, female, "or something else entirely."

Mayor Bill de Blasio's office last week released a list of 31 genders approved by the New York City Commission on Human Rights.

The list is a guide for businesses, which can now be fined as much as $250,000 if establishments refuse to address someone by their preferred pronoun.

The 31 genders listed include "drag king," "drag queen," "butch," "femme queen," "gender fluid," "gender blender," "gender gifted," "gender bender," and "femme person of transgender experience."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/NYC-releases-gender-list/2016/06/01/id…

|
SCR
8/15/2016 12:16pm
Bill is such a forward thinking genius.

By the way I didn't see heterosexual on that list. What do you think that means.
Hman144
Fantasy
714th
8/15/2016 12:51pm
They're beating the Onion at their own game.
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
8/15/2016 3:53pm
No wonder you got some crazy views, you read a satirical website and think it's real.

The Shop

colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
8/15/2016 11:52pm
The Newsmax story quoted The Washington Free Beacon and I showed the Newsmax link because of the poster the had with the 31 flavors. So you...
The Newsmax story quoted The Washington Free Beacon and I showed the Newsmax link because of the poster the had with the 31 flavors.

So you are saying this website fell for the joke also? Or another satirical website?

http://transgenderuniverse.com/2016/06/02/nyc-protects-31-genders/
Dude "gender gifted" "gender bender" these are jokes. It's a joke. If you can't find this story or information on any credible website, it's not real.
8/16/2016 12:59am
I did wonder if that was a play on 31 flavors..

The laws and threat of a $250,000 fine are certainly real, enacted in 2002.
tuggy450
8/16/2016 4:23am Edited Date/Time 8/16/2016 4:24am
I live in NY and listen to the news, although i haven't heard much of it, recently , a few months back they were talking about promoting gender neutral titles instead of mr or mrs, So acceptable terms for the lgbtq community is probably something on their radar. This wouldn't surprise me at all. Not sure if these terms are just things they are saying they are acceptable with or terms someone may consider themselves etc
from the washington free beacon? or NYC . gov? sorry this is totally true , Bill Diblasio is no idiot, he will cater to these people because they are big donors. pretend there is an issue, that you are going to help them out with. lol Meanwhile short of stonewall riots, 1969, nyc has been one of the more gay friendly places to live. but nope again it is not equal rites they have that, it's been a long time that it has been illegal to discriminate,but preferential treatment is and has always been the goal.

http://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/GenderID_Card2015.pdf

http://www.nyc.gov/html/cchr/downloads/pdf/publications/GenderID_Card2015.pdf
MR. X
8/16/2016 5:18am
Nothing would surprise me in this fucked up state. The whole state is being run by them assholes in NYC ,the crooked fucks cater to the NYC assholes and they keep voting the dickheads back in office , doesn't matter what the rest of the state votes.
8/16/2016 6:45am
colintrax wrote:
No wonder you got some crazy views, you read a satirical website and think it's real.
I don't know where you are getting that from. Newsmax is not a satire site. It does have a heavy conservative bias.
CDswinehart
8/16/2016 7:53am
Have to side with Mr.X on his observations of life upstate....
akillerwombat
8/16/2016 12:19pm
SCR wrote:

By the way I didn't see heterosexual on that list. What do you think that means.
It means they understand the different between gender and sexual preference.
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
8/16/2016 2:49pm
I don't know where you are getting that from. Newsmax is not a satire site. It does have a heavy conservative bias.
I've never visited that site before, but I assumed it's a satirical site if they're sharing a satirical article. Unless of course, that website doesn't know it's satirical either Pinch
tuggy450
8/16/2016 3:11pm Edited Date/Time 8/16/2016 3:13pm
I already posted the NYC govt site it is real, Diblasio is a corrupt mess, more investigations going on around the ny politicians then you can shake a stick at. lol, 31 flavors...gotta be kidding me, perhaps I am wrong maybe i am a monogamous attached heterosexual male instead of just a male...Really who gives a rats ass what they want to call themselves?, gender gifted, yep me too.
What is so crazy about this stuff is it is impossible to even tell what is satirical anymore.
akillerwombat
8/16/2016 3:38pm
tuggy450 wrote:
I already posted the NYC govt site it is real, Diblasio is a corrupt mess, more investigations going on around the ny politicians then you can...
I already posted the NYC govt site it is real, Diblasio is a corrupt mess, more investigations going on around the ny politicians then you can shake a stick at. lol, 31 flavors...gotta be kidding me, perhaps I am wrong maybe i am a monogamous attached heterosexual male instead of just a male...Really who gives a rats ass what they want to call themselves?, gender gifted, yep me too.
What is so crazy about this stuff is it is impossible to even tell what is satirical anymore.
What's even more crazy is that we have make laws to prevent people from being discriminated against.
SCR
8/16/2016 4:27pm
SCR wrote:

It means they understand the different between gender and sexual preference.
No I don't think they do. That's the problem.
tuggy450
8/16/2016 5:57pm Edited Date/Time 8/16/2016 6:03pm
What's even more crazy is that we have make laws to prevent people from being discriminated against.
I don't think that is crazy at all?..Bill of rights , title vlll antidiscrimination laws. etc etc,, they are there for a reason, pretty sure they are pretty solid. but maybe we should add the 31 flavors to it just in case anyone is confused, I am all for it.
What I am not for is special treatment, scholarships that only cater to certain races, sexes, orientation, color , quotas, classes for certain races etc etc...get rid of it all no special treatment just equal rights period, can"t get by with that too bad,
I want dungey's bike. also, he ain't even riding it. maybe a lear jet too, yea yea that's it
APLMAN99
8/16/2016 8:09pm
While I doubt the veracity of the original claim, a quick search for the agency in question turned up this on their Facebook page. Seems that they are actively campaigning for vets......

tuggy450
8/16/2016 8:35pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
While I doubt the veracity of the original claim, a quick search for the agency in question turned up this on their Facebook page. Seems that they are actively campaigning for vets......

Not sure what you guys are doubting it literally comes up on nyc.gov website took me 60 seconds to find it.
Yes it is real and yes they are serious, And to tell you the truth , whatever they want to do I am fine with it.

APLMAN99
8/16/2016 8:40pm
tuggy450 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote: While I doubt the veracity of the original claim, a quick search for the agency in question turned up this on their Facebook page...
APLMAN99 wrote:

Not sure what you guys are doubting it literally comes up on nyc.gov website took me 60 seconds to find it.
Yes it is real and yes they are serious, And to tell you the truth , whatever they want to do I am fine with it.

That doesn't list 31 genders, merely a bunch of terms that people use when talking about transgender persons. As a reference. So the premise of the original post, and the "news" story it derived from, is obviously false.
tuggy450
8/23/2016 4:33am Edited Date/Time 8/23/2016 4:34am
The newsmax report listed the 31 "terms that people use when talking about transgender persons"..nothing false about it. But you can argue anything apparently.
APLMAN99
8/23/2016 5:22am
tuggy450 wrote:
The newsmax report listed the 31 "terms that people use when talking about transgender persons"..nothing false about it. But you can argue anything apparently.
And nowhere on that did it list them as genders.
tuggy450
8/24/2016 11:05am
APLMAN99 wrote:
And nowhere on that did it list them as genders.
If you bothered to read the articles or links they were also described as gender identities. also just shortened to gender,...

nowhere on "that" did it list them as genders, what was "that" the original article or the several links that followed. below...whatever who cares? It is what it is.

Post a reply to: NYC Commission On Human Rights "31 Genders"

The Latest