More gun violence

MR. X
11/11/2015 6:33am Edited Date/Time 11/12/2015 1:01pm
http://www.wltx.com/story/news/local/2015/11/10/police-13-year-old-kill…

Nice shooting young man ,I hope his family will be able to recover from this.
|
AHRMA361
Fantasy
262nd
11/11/2015 6:46am
Nice outcome for the boy.

How terrible was the writing in that story though? Sheesh!

"Charleston County, SC (WLTX) - Charleston County deputies say a 13-year-old boy shot who was home alone and killed an intruder at his home Tuesday afternoon."

"Authorities say but the suspect drove away from the home, and was eventually taken to the hospital where he later died."
newmann
11/11/2015 7:28am
Probably had to have a college degree to get that journo job.

"Charleston County deputies say a 13-year-old boy shot who was home alone and killed an intruder at his home Tuesday afternoon."

The "13-year-old-boy" shot WHO was home alone. I thought who was on second?
Jimmy_Sloan
11/11/2015 8:16am
MR. X wrote:

It's doesn't matter to most gun advocates though. Had the boy been killed by the intruder, people like yourself would still be defending guns, so what's your point here? This doesn't take away from the gun violence that happens on a daily basis, and ofr any example that you give like this, I can give numerous other examples where it goes the other way.
MR. X
11/11/2015 8:19am
Of course you can,because you are brainwashed by the nightly news . I get numerous article sent to my email by either SCOPE or the NRA that relates to people using guns for protection, but your nightly news can't sell that side of the story.

The Shop

Jimmy_Sloan
11/11/2015 8:44am
MR. X wrote:
Of course you can,because you are brainwashed by the nightly news . I get numerous article sent to my email by either SCOPE or the NRA...
Of course you can,because you are brainwashed by the nightly news . I get numerous article sent to my email by either SCOPE or the NRA that relates to people using guns for protection, but your nightly news can't sell that side of the story.
Yes, that must be it, I don't agree with you so I am brainwashed. Unsure
newmann
11/11/2015 10:02am
You still haven't offered a suggestion as to how to get guns out of the criminals hands. They don't give a shit about your "feels" and will get a gun regardless. Criminals pay no mind to laws currently on the books and won't start in the future. Good shoot for the young man. Damn shame he had to be put in that situation by a criminal with no regard for the law.

Here is one of your better gun control laws at work. Kinda stupid if you ask me.

PalerBlue
11/11/2015 10:27am
AHRMA361 wrote:
Nice outcome for the boy. How terrible was the writing in that story though? Sheesh! "Charleston County, SC (WLTX) - Charleston County deputies say a 13-year-old...

"Charleston County, SC (WLTX) - Charleston County deputies say a 13-year-old boy shot who was home alone and killed an intruder at his home Tuesday afternoon."

"Authorities say but the suspect drove away from the home, and was eventually taken to the hospital where he later died."
"Nice" ? Really? I can't help thinking it's going to stay with him for the rest of his life and not in a good way.

( Now if you'd said it's good that the boy wasn't hurt, I would have agreed with you, but nice, well..........)
newmann
11/11/2015 10:34am
AHRMA361 wrote:
Nice outcome for the boy. How terrible was the writing in that story though? Sheesh! "Charleston County, SC (WLTX) - Charleston County deputies say a 13-year-old...

PalerBlue wrote:
"Nice" ? Really? I can't help thinking it's going to stay with him for the rest of his life and not in a good way. (...
"Nice" ? Really? I can't help thinking it's going to stay with him for the rest of his life and not in a good way.

( Now if you'd said it's good that the boy wasn't hurt, I would have agreed with you, but nice, well..........)
The young man survived getting shot at during a armed home invasion by criminals. So yes, nice outcome. Too bad he had to be put in such a horrible situation.
MR. X
11/11/2015 10:38am
PalerBlue wrote:
"Nice" ? Really? I can't help thinking it's going to stay with him for the rest of his life and not in a good way. (...

That is a really good point ,I often wonder if people who choose to defend themselves with a firearm are prepared for what happens mentally to them afterwards. If I had to shoot an Intruder ,I am prepared to do so ,however , I am aware that it will stick with me for quite sometime even though I chose the course of action that I thought was the best at that time. It's really easy to say "I felt threatened so I pulled the trigger" .Not everybody will be able to deal with what comes next . For instance, the intruders blood all over your house and getting that image to go away everytime you pass that spot in your house.
AHRMA361
Fantasy
262nd
11/11/2015 10:53am
AHRMA361 wrote:

PalerBlue wrote:

Wasn't looking for you or anyone else to agree with me.

At least he still HAS the rest of his life.

Due to the fact that he had the ability to defend himself from criminals that had no care for his rights or his life.
71Fish
11/11/2015 11:13am
AHRMA361 wrote:

PalerBlue wrote:

You're right, the kid may be haunted by nightmares the rest of his life. Good thing he is alive to get counseling.
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
11/11/2015 11:32am
newmann wrote:
You still haven't offered a suggestion as to how to get guns out of the criminals hands. They don't give a shit about your "feels" and...
You still haven't offered a suggestion as to how to get guns out of the criminals hands. They don't give a shit about your "feels" and will get a gun regardless. Criminals pay no mind to laws currently on the books and won't start in the future. Good shoot for the young man. Damn shame he had to be put in that situation by a criminal with no regard for the law.

Here is one of your better gun control laws at work. Kinda stupid if you ask me.

That one on the top is scary looking.
Mr. G
11/11/2015 3:10pm
You know the maxim that states if you want to know a politicians intentions don't listen to what they say, watch what they do. This also apply's to the product of an idea. The anti-gunners plea to lesson gun violence is not their intent, it is how they sell it. Who doesn't want less violence? Their "product" of such ideas is more violence. This is their product. So the argument should start at why they want more violence.
burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
11/11/2015 8:14pm
I thought this was going to be south of the border. Its funny, the most violent countries are those who have taken the guns from the citizens.
Mr. G
11/11/2015 8:25pm
That is the goal.
AHRMA361
Fantasy
262nd
11/12/2015 9:22am
Here is a more lucid update on the story. The last paragraph underscores why our right to keep and bear arms to protect ourselves must never be taken away.

"A 13-year-old South Carolina boy used his mother’s shotgun to fend off two burglars, killing one, who attempted to break into his home while his mother was at work on Tuesday.

The incident began when the boy, who is not being named because of his age, became wary of a grey Chevy Sonic that had pulled up near his house in Ladson, South Carolina, police said, Fox 5 reported.

The Charleston County Sheriff’s Office reported that the boy then heard someone trying to break into his family’s home.

He then retrieved his mother’s shotgun and went to the back door of the house. He fired the gun at a person outside, and the person then fired back, police said.

Police said the two burglary suspects, Lamar Anthwan Brown, 31, of Summerville, and Ira Bennett, 28, of North Carolina, then fled the scene.

Both men have extensive criminal histories including assault with intent to kill, third-degree burglary, and manufacturing and distributing a controlled substance, Fox reported."

11/12/2015 10:16am
MR. X wrote:

It's doesn't matter to most gun advocates though. Had the boy been killed by the intruder, people like yourself would still be defending guns, so what's...
It's doesn't matter to most gun advocates though. Had the boy been killed by the intruder, people like yourself would still be defending guns, so what's your point here? This doesn't take away from the gun violence that happens on a daily basis, and ofr any example that you give like this, I can give numerous other examples where it goes the other way.
violence is the problem, not the guns, bro.
newmann
11/12/2015 10:46am
All we need is Keyboard Warrior to come through screaming Murder Murder Murder Kill Kill Kill....Whistling
agn5009
11/12/2015 11:55am
newmann wrote:
You still haven't offered a suggestion as to how to get guns out of the criminals hands. They don't give a shit about your "feels" and...

You will never get a response to this. Anyone trying to argue with you will completely ignore the fact that criminals will still have guns and continue to ignore laws. They'll pander and completely disregard that whole argument because they have no legitimate argument.
newmann
11/12/2015 12:18pm
What would happen if one of us walked into NBC in DC with a 30 rounder? I kept hoping this dumbass would have been arrested and charged. Obviously they have a different set of rules.

hillbilly
11/12/2015 1:01pm
Good thing he didnt admit to saying a prayer.

Post a reply to: More gun violence

The Latest