McDonald's monopoly

3/28/2016 4:19pm Edited Date/Time 3/31/2016 12:02pm
Got a million dollar piece, #621... I know they're not dumb enough to put them all in one area so let's do this people! Need #621 & #622
|
motogeezer
3/28/2016 4:23pm
If it requires that I purchase food at McDonald's, I can't help you.
Mr. G
3/29/2016 1:27am
They have food there?
IWreckALot
3/29/2016 6:15am
Their coffee isn't bad. I could leave the rest.
Old-Man
3/29/2016 8:10am
Har..I shop at a grocery store that does that

The Shop

Jimmy_Sloan
3/29/2016 8:50pm
Got a million dollar piece, #621... I know they're not dumb enough to put them all in one area so let's do this people! Need #621...
Got a million dollar piece, #621... I know they're not dumb enough to put them all in one area so let's do this people! Need #621 & #622
I have both those pieces and will sell to you for $300,000.00.
Old-Man
3/29/2016 9:02pm
Done!
Send!
huck
3/30/2016 7:22am
Good luck...

IWreckALot
3/30/2016 8:22am
Old-Man wrote:
Good ole albertsons?
3/30/2016 8:24am
So basically if you get 622 you've won the lotto and don't need my ass
MT MX
3/30/2016 9:48am
motogeezer wrote:
Well, how else do you give yourself diarrhea?
DownSouth
3/30/2016 11:58am
Got a million dollar piece, #621... I know they're not dumb enough to put them all in one area so let's do this people! Need #621...
I have both those pieces and will sell to you for $300,000.00.
Why would you sell a 1 million dollar prize for $300,000?
APLMAN99
3/30/2016 12:18pm
McDonald's may be overall shitty food, but there is just something that draws me to it when I am on longer drives. Sausage McMuffin, coffee, apple pie and I'm ready to drive for hours. Must just be that it's consistently mediocre, no matter where you are.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/30/2016 1:33pm
If I want an upset stomach, I know where to go.
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
3/30/2016 2:49pm
Old-Man wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
Good ole albertsons?
King Soopers, HELLO!!!!
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
3/30/2016 2:53pm
motogeezer wrote:
MT MX wrote:
I personally go to Taco Bell for diarrhea.
Old-Man
3/30/2016 3:21pm
Old-Man wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
Good ole albertsons?
disbanded wrote:
King Soopers, HELLO!!!!
Ya, Albertson's bought out Safeways stores but still carries the same name but it's really Albertson's.

King soopers sounds like they do it too.
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
3/30/2016 3:25pm
Old-Man wrote:
Ya, Albertson's bought out Safeways stores but still carries the same name but it's really Albertson's.

I was actually just making a joke and naming a local grocery store that a guy from Texas has probably never heard of.
3/30/2016 3:31pm
I still don't even know how grocery stores got into this...
motogeezer
3/30/2016 4:05pm
IWreckALot wrote:
Good ole albertsons?
disbanded wrote:
King Soopers, HELLO!!!!
Old-Man wrote:

Albertson's, Safeway, Bristol Farms and a bunch of smaller regional stores are all owned by Super Valu Inc.

Ralph's, Food 4 Less, Pay Less, and a bunch of regionals are all owned by Kroger.

Between those two companies, the grocery biz in the U.S. is pretty much wrapped up.

A while back, Walmart tried to open some grocery stores, but got shut-out.

A few European companies have tried as well, and one has kind of stuck it out; Tesco's Fresh & Easy.

I was involved in their roll-out (painted around a hundred stores) and 30% were boarded up before they opened.

Many more closed later.

I have no idea how many are still running.

Right now, a German company is building a bunch of stores called Aldi's.

Good luck to them.

peelout
3/30/2016 4:09pm
motogeezer wrote:
MT MX wrote:
disbanded wrote:
I personally go to Taco Bell for diarrhea.
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
3/30/2016 4:13pm
I still don't even know how grocery stores got into this...
It's almost impossible to predict where a thread will go
APLMAN99
3/30/2016 6:00pm Edited Date/Time 3/30/2016 6:04pm
disbanded wrote:
King Soopers, HELLO!!!!
Old-Man wrote:

motogeezer wrote:
Albertson's, Safeway, Bristol Farms and a bunch of smaller regional stores are all owned by Super Valu Inc. Ralph's, Food 4 Less, Pay Less, and a...
Albertson's, Safeway, Bristol Farms and a bunch of smaller regional stores are all owned by Super Valu Inc.

Ralph's, Food 4 Less, Pay Less, and a bunch of regionals are all owned by Kroger.

Between those two companies, the grocery biz in the U.S. is pretty much wrapped up.

A few European companies have tried as well, and one has kind of stuck it out; Tesco's Fresh & Easy.

I was involved in their roll-out (painted around a hundred stores) and 30% were boarded up before they opened.

Many more closed later.

Good luck to them.

Pretty sure that Sepervalu sold off Albertsons already, and I think it was just after that when Albertsons acquired Safeway.

Walmart is still doing their Neighborhood Market concept, but getting out of the "micro store" format that they tried with their Walmart Express stores. Those resembled a Walgreens or CVS with a little more food thrown in.
Jimmy_Sloan
3/30/2016 7:23pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Pretty sure that Sepervalu sold off Albertsons already, and I think it was just after that when Albertsons acquired Safeway. Walmart is still doing their Neighborhood...
Pretty sure that Sepervalu sold off Albertsons already, and I think it was just after that when Albertsons acquired Safeway.

Walmart is still doing their Neighborhood Market concept, but getting out of the "micro store" format that they tried with their Walmart Express stores. Those resembled a Walgreens or CVS with a little more food thrown in.
In my town, the old Safeway became Haggens, the old Albertson's became Safeway and now Haggens has been bought by Albertson's so the old Safeway which is now Haggens is going to be owned by Albertson's but keep the name Haggen's.
APLMAN99
3/30/2016 8:04pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Pretty sure that Sepervalu sold off Albertsons already, and I think it was just after that when Albertsons acquired Safeway. Walmart is still doing their Neighborhood...

In my town, the old Safeway became Haggens, the old Albertson's became Safeway and now Haggens has been bought by Albertson's so the old Safeway which...
In my town, the old Safeway became Haggens, the old Albertson's became Safeway and now Haggens has been bought by Albertson's so the old Safeway which is now Haggens is going to be owned by Albertson's but keep the name Haggen's.
Yeah, Haggen's really bit off more than they could chew. Not sure how far they've gotten, but the holding company of Haggen's was rumored to be suing Albertsons over inaccurate information concerning the locations that they had purchased. Sales were far below what they'd been told and they weren't convinced that the high prices of Haggen's had anything to do with it!

I guess if Albertsons is using the Haggen's name, they must have worked out some sort of agreement.
Jimmy_Sloan
3/30/2016 9:06pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Yeah, Haggen's really bit off more than they could chew. Not sure how far they've gotten, but the holding company of Haggen's was rumored to be...
Yeah, Haggen's really bit off more than they could chew. Not sure how far they've gotten, but the holding company of Haggen's was rumored to be suing Albertsons over inaccurate information concerning the locations that they had purchased. Sales were far below what they'd been told and they weren't convinced that the high prices of Haggen's had anything to do with it!

I guess if Albertsons is using the Haggen's name, they must have worked out some sort of agreement.
The really bad part was that all the old Safeway employees had to stay at the new Haggens because of contracts, and when the switch happened, Haggens became a ghost town. Within months, the majority of the employees were gone which sucked for them because they are the same employees who built up the customer base for Safeway here in my town.

Haggens does have higher prices overall, but their fruits and vegetables are much fresher and come from local sources. I like going there because I don't have to fight a crowd. Smile
3/30/2016 9:17pm
GuyB wrote:
It's the Dumbgeon, right? That's where you'd go?
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/30/2016 9:44pm
GuyB wrote:
TripleFive wrote:
It's the Dumbgeon, right? That's where you'd go?
This would suffice, but McDonald's is guaranteed.
h&m_cycle
3/30/2016 10:14pm
motogeezer wrote:
Albertson's, Safeway, Bristol Farms and a bunch of smaller regional stores are all owned by Super Valu Inc. Ralph's, Food 4 Less, Pay Less, and a...

Many more closed later.

Good luck to them.

Maybe not right in your area but there are about 5136 Walmart and or Sam's Clubs in the United States that sell
Groceries...
There are over 200 in a 250 mile radius from me... Places like San Diego, Chicago, NYC won't let them in with
zoning...

Post a reply to: McDonald's monopoly

The Latest