Mayweather vs Conor McGregor heating up...

ocscottie
They are saying this fight is getting really close to happening.

"Breaking: NSAC chairman Marnell confirms there have been "real discussions" with "the real players involved" on McGregor vs. Mayweather."

I still think Floyd with pound him, but McGregor has balls and wont back down, i would LOVE to see him drop Floyd!!! (and im not even a Conor fan)

$$$ wants 100 million and he offered Conner 15. Dry
|
huck
2/14/2017 12:37pm
What 'rules' has Floyd put on the fight? I can't see him going into it without knowing he has an advantage.
TXDirt
2/14/2017 12:41pm
I doubt Mayweather can get 100 million for this fight. Maybe 50 million. Danna White said he would pay 25 million each. Don't think that will get it done. But maybe 50 million each or 50 million for Mayweather and 25 million for McGregor.

I think Floyd will win for the obvious reasons. I highly doubt he can knock McGregor out though. But one lucky shot and McGregor could knock Floyd out. You just need one lucky punch. I think Connor will give it his all the first three rounds. That's about his only chance at a knockout. After that I think he will get tired and it will be a bunch of holding and grabbing and go to the score cards where Floyd will win an easy easy decision. But the first three rounds could be dangerous.

akillerwombat
2/14/2017 12:52pm
I'd be amazed to see this happen – even with the right numbers in place I think Floyd might be too afraid of tarnishing his reputation but losing to a UFC fighter. It's one thing to lose to someone in your own sport but to have an outsider come in and take out one of the all time greats could be devastating.

Not to mention Floyd is the only one with anything to lose in this set up. McGregor loses and it's, "I lost, but I'm a fighter not a boxer, so what did you expect?"

All said – I'd love to watch it. I think McGregor could handle a long fight (the only time he looked really gased was the fight at 170) but at 155 he's looked solid. Strong chin. And I think would bring a whole new approach to the fight.

The Shop

TXDirt
2/14/2017 1:16pm
IWreckALot wrote:
Is this an MMA or boxing proposal?
Boxing only. Floyd would get killed in MMA by Conor. Like literally killed. This is for a boxing match only.
motosmith
2/14/2017 1:25pm
Dana says it will never happen. The UFC owns McGregor. There is no way he could fight outside the UFC.
MR. X
2/14/2017 1:45pm
Floyd will jump in and out of the pocket and land some shots before Connor even knows what happened ,this will go on for the entire fight until mayweather wins by decision. On a positive note ,i just landed some tickets for the UFC 210 fight April 8th.
JW381
2/14/2017 1:49pm
Won't happen. Floyd would kill him if he did. 100 mil for a fight is insane.
2/14/2017 2:14pm
No fan of Mayweather but he has some serious ringcraft. He should be able to run rings around McGregor.
huck
2/14/2017 2:29pm
Oh, I didn't know it was only boxing. What a chump, Floyd is.
vetmxr
2/14/2017 4:49pm Edited Date/Time 2/14/2017 4:52pm
I thought mcgregor was going to be able to fight mayweather using all his skills and Floyd was going to box him.

If they get in the ring and only box and nothing else, Conor will lose badly.....just as if Floyd was put into an mma ring......They need to let each one of them use their skills on the other or this won't be a fair fight......Floyds too good of a boxer and Conor is to good of a MMA fighter.

Floyd is so fast I doubt Conor would even be able to touch him if he couldn't tie him up and wrestle him. And as soon as Mcgregor gets Floyd off his feet.....its over for Floyd.
agn5009
2/14/2017 4:49pm
motosmith wrote:
Dana says it will never happen. The UFC owns McGregor. There is no way he could fight outside the UFC.
The UFC doesn't own McGregor. He can do what he wants. This fight is most likely gonna happen. It'll be the typical Mayweather fight consisting of him jogging around the ring and win by decision. Then he and McGregor are gonna walk to the back, hug and laugh their asses off all the way to the bank to cash their checks. These two are pure entertainers and know exactly how to bring the money in. They'll both receive huge paydays.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
2/14/2017 5:10pm Edited Date/Time 2/14/2017 5:11pm
I thought McGregor was out with an arm injury? Like a bad injury.
hvaughn88
2/14/2017 5:30pm
kzizok wrote:
I thought McGregor was out with an arm injury? Like a bad injury.
Well played
Sully
2/14/2017 5:38pm
If this fight happens before McGregor defends his LW title, the UFC needs to strip him. What's the use of being a 2-division champ* if you never defend either belt?

*Yes, I know he was stripped of the FW belt already.
TXDirt
2/14/2017 6:54pm
Conor has a punchers chance. It's actual better he has not much boxing skills. Cause he's got a punchers chance. Like I said, first few rounds will be dangerous for Floyd. Conor has a strong chin and not likely Floyd can knock him out. But one lucky shot and Conor could put Floyd to sleep. Conor has about three rounds to catch Floyd with a shot. After that I predict a boring fight. If the fight ever happens anyways.
Sully
2/14/2017 7:16pm
TXDirt wrote:
Conor has a punchers chance. It's actual better he has not much boxing skills. Cause he's got a punchers chance. Like I said, first few rounds...
Conor has a punchers chance. It's actual better he has not much boxing skills. Cause he's got a punchers chance. Like I said, first few rounds will be dangerous for Floyd. Conor has a strong chin and not likely Floyd can knock him out. But one lucky shot and Conor could put Floyd to sleep. Conor has about three rounds to catch Floyd with a shot. After that I predict a boring fight. If the fight ever happens anyways.
Since boxing is only 3-minute rounds, I think he'll be good to go until somewhere between rounds 8 and 10. Once it goes beyond standard MMA time, he could very well start dragging ass. But I think you're right, Floyd really needs to worry about the first handful of rounds when Conor is fresh.
vetmxr
2/18/2017 8:37am
If paquio? (sp) had trouble putting a glove on Floyd, Conor's not going to be able to touch him, unless he gets lucky..........Floyd doesn't spend much time on the mat.

I'd be surprised if Conor even gets one good shot in. Floyds quick. Plus Conor is out of his discipline.
TDeath21
2/19/2017 10:03am
No way this happens. If it does, Floyd will pick him apart.
TXDirt
2/19/2017 11:06am
vetmxr wrote:
If paquio? (sp) had trouble putting a glove on Floyd, Conor's not going to be able to touch him, unless he gets lucky..........Floyd doesn't spend much...
If paquio? (sp) had trouble putting a glove on Floyd, Conor's not going to be able to touch him, unless he gets lucky..........Floyd doesn't spend much time on the mat.

I'd be surprised if Conor even gets one good shot in. Floyds quick. Plus Conor is out of his discipline.
That's true. But Conor only has to get lucky one time.
jeffro503
2/21/2017 1:32pm
vetmxr wrote:
I thought mcgregor was going to be able to fight mayweather using all his skills and Floyd was going to box him. If they get in...
I thought mcgregor was going to be able to fight mayweather using all his skills and Floyd was going to box him.

If they get in the ring and only box and nothing else, Conor will lose badly.....just as if Floyd was put into an mma ring......They need to let each one of them use their skills on the other or this won't be a fair fight......Floyds too good of a boxer and Conor is to good of a MMA fighter.

Floyd is so fast I doubt Conor would even be able to touch him if he couldn't tie him up and wrestle him. And as soon as Mcgregor gets Floyd off his feet.....its over for Floyd.
If it were to happen with those rules...Floyd wouldn't last 30 seconds. In Floyd's sport....he's king....but if you throw those two in a room , ring , cage....with ufc rules....it would be a slaughter.

Boxing is only one of many , many different disaplines that these MMA fighters use.

Throw either one of them on a mat in a wrestling competition against a Olympic wrestler.....same thing...they would both get destroyed.
ocscottie
2/21/2017 2:14pm
Can you imagine the PPV numbers ($$$) this fight would bring in? Probably break every record ever set by a large margin.

I still dont see it happening, but today on First Take, Max Kellerman said it will, and not in years, but months.
ocscottie
2/21/2017 2:18pm
Here is the PPV record:

In May 2007, the super-welterweight boxing match between Oscar De La Hoya vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. on HBO PPV became the biggest-selling non-heavyweight title fight, with a little more than 2.5 million buyers. The fight itself generated roughly $134.4 million in domestic PPV revenue, making it the most lucrative prizefight of all time at that time. The record stood until 2015 before it was broken by Floyd Mayweather, Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao in a fight dubbed as the "Fight of the Century" on May 2, 2015 which generated 4.6 million ppv buys and a revenue of over $400 million.
2/21/2017 2:26pm
It will get some buys for sure. I wonder what weight they will fight at? It will probably be like a celebrity boxing match, but all the pre-fight stuff will be entertaining and worth it.
McGregor throws lots of hard lefts so if he can catch him with one early he may have a chance. Anything over 4 rounds will not be good. To achieve what 49 other guys couldn't, would be amazing though.
vetmxr
2/21/2017 7:17pm
vetmxr wrote:
I thought mcgregor was going to be able to fight mayweather using all his skills and Floyd was going to box him. If they get in...

jeffro503 wrote:
If it were to happen with those rules...Floyd wouldn't last 30 seconds. In Floyd's sport....he's king....but if you throw those two in a room , ring...
If it were to happen with those rules...Floyd wouldn't last 30 seconds. In Floyd's sport....he's king....but if you throw those two in a room , ring , cage....with ufc rules....it would be a slaughter.

Boxing is only one of many , many different disaplines that these MMA fighters use.

Throw either one of them on a mat in a wrestling competition against a Olympic wrestler.....same thing...they would both get destroyed.
Then whats your opinion how to have a fair fight for both of them at the same time......maybe its already out there, I don't follow either discipline that closely anymore.
APLMAN99
2/21/2017 8:52pm
vetmxr wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
If it were to happen with those rules...Floyd wouldn't last 30 seconds. In Floyd's sport....he's king....but if you throw those two in a room , ring...

vetmxr wrote:
Then whats your opinion how to have a fair fight for both of them at the same time......maybe its already out there, I don't follow either...
Then whats your opinion how to have a fair fight for both of them at the same time......maybe its already out there, I don't follow either discipline that closely anymore.
The "fair fight" is whatever they agree to.....

Using more than boxing would be a great advantage to whoever was trained in that discipline. There is no way a boxer who didn't train for MMA would do well without completely retraining themselves.

From the sounds of it, McGregor is the one who really wants/needs this fight, so if he agrees to a boxing match then it's perfectly fair. Part of his discipline includes boxing, at least to a much greater degree than boxing includes other parts of MMA......
MR. X
2/22/2017 7:17am
I wonder how much it will cost conor financially to fight outside the UFC . Will the UFC try and sue him for his purse money he earns from a fight with floyd?
ocscottie
2/22/2017 7:48am
I just watched an interview with Dana and he said Conor is taking time off right now to have a baby, said his wife gets really stressed out during training / fighting and he doesnt want that while she is preggo. So the bottom line, at least i believe, is all this is to keep in the spotlight while he is taking this fight break. Kinda makes sense.
peelout
2/22/2017 8:45am
i love all the hate great fighters get. anyone saying Floyd or Connor aren't the best at their craft is a moran.

them fighting each other is dumb though. that's like Michael Jordan in a home-run derby...
vetmxr
2/22/2017 6:58pm
peelout wrote:
i love all the hate great fighters get. anyone saying Floyd or Connor aren't the best at their craft is a moran. them fighting each other...
i love all the hate great fighters get. anyone saying Floyd or Connor aren't the best at their craft is a moran.

them fighting each other is dumb though. that's like Michael Jordan in a home-run derby...
yes yes yes Those two really have no business messing with each other.....other than business?? I don't believe it would prove anything no matter how it ended. But I would pay to see it........whatever it is?

Post a reply to: Mayweather vs Conor McGregor heating up...

The Latest