Marines may strip the word "man"

newmann
Edited Date/Time 5/21/2016 6:00pm
The PC crowd is losing it. I would think any female who earned their shooting qualification badges would be proud to be referred to as "rifleman".

http://www.wtsp.com/mb/news/politics/marines-may-strip-word-man-from-jo…

One of the most time-honored phrases in the Marine Corps — "every Marine a rifleman" — could get an update as the service's top leaders consider new gender-neutral job titles for all positions, according to a report in the Military Times.

The Marine Corps is conducting a sweeping review of its military occupational specialty titles, Capt. Philip Kulczewski, a Marine spokesman at the Pentagon, told Marine Corps Times. The move follows a January directive from Navy Secretary Ray Mabus that Navy and Marine leaders ensure all job titles are gender neutral as ground combat jobs opened to women.

Mabus specifically wanted the word "man" dropped from all titles. That could mean that female Marines — or even men — heading to ground-combat jobs may not pick up traditional titles like rifleman or artilleryman.

Kulczewski declined to answer questions about how many titles could change, when the review would be complete or what the new job names could be, since the review is still ongoing.

Oh well, off to the pugil sticks. Equality being equal and all...

https://youtu.be/p1jCOkyuzCs
|
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
5/20/2016 2:44pm
Somehow, "rifleperson" doesn't have the same ring.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
5/20/2016 2:54pm
"Kulczewski declined to answer questions about how many titles could change, "

"RifleSheMale" LOL
peelout
5/20/2016 3:17pm
that's just fucking ridiculous, i can't believe how PC America is becoming. we are literally turning into the laughing stock of the world, just sad.
5/20/2016 3:27pm
What I don't get is that "man" appears in the word "man" as well as the word "woman", so what the hell is wrong?

The Shop

Sully
5/20/2016 7:13pm
It's fucking SECNAV Ray Mabus. That turd has already started stripping the word "man" from Navy ratings (i.e., Damage Controlman), now he's set his shitty sights on the Marine Corps? I be really happy when he's done.
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2421st
5/20/2016 7:22pm Edited Date/Time 5/20/2016 7:25pm
Rifleman?

How about rifle assassin?

lol

Men, I'm a conservative....Don't know how I got this way but I am what i am.

I believe in the young men and women of our armed forces.

This PC shit is killing us.....

Mr. G
5/20/2016 10:03pm
I think that was originally the main reason but it's starting to shift to an appreciation.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
5/21/2016 5:42am
What I don't get is that "man" appears in the word "man" as well as the word "woman", so what the hell is wrong?
Or "human"
5/21/2016 5:34pm
Sully wrote:
It's fucking SECNAV Ray Mabus. That turd has already started stripping the word "man" from Navy ratings (i.e., Damage Controlman), now he's set his shitty sights...
It's fucking SECNAV Ray Mabus. That turd has already started stripping the word "man" from Navy ratings (i.e., Damage Controlman), now he's set his shitty sights on the Marine Corps? I be really happy when he's done.
What is his back ground ? Rear admiral ? Tail gunner ? Drill sergeant ? Those are very offensive titles.

Thank goodness the for the PC crowd. What would we do without them ?

Post a reply to: Marines may strip the word "man"

The Latest