Lunch in Savannah GA.

TX24
2/18/2016 10:46am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2016 9:45pm
If we were going to stop in Savannah GA. for a quick lunch in say the historical district, where should we eat?
|
TX24
2/19/2016 3:54am
Thanks, Sir Roost. We'll check it out.
2/19/2016 4:59am
TX24 wrote:
Nooooo, I was only joking. Sonny's is the McDonalds of barbecue pits. Only thing worse would be Waffle House. Savannah is a beautiful place and finding a cool lunch spot should be pretty easy.
2/19/2016 12:02pm
Sonnys ain't bad, but yeah...better choices in Savannah. Let me tell you a little bout Sonnys...it depends on the management. Some Sonnys suck and some can put up a good BBQ. I'm fortunate to live near one of the good ones. There's probably 25 in Jacksonville.

The Shop

Wade221
2/19/2016 2:01pm Edited Date/Time 2/19/2016 2:02pm
Vinny Van Go Gos or Spankeys next to the River
colintrax
Fantasy
2302nd
2/19/2016 2:46pm
Stay a little longer, I'd plan on killing 2 or 3 hours. See the Mercer house, it's beautiful. Well worth the couple dollars to take the tour. If you haven't already, read midnight in the garden of good and evil. The book is based around the mercer home. Not sure where you're from, but it's required reading in Georgia schools lol
TX24
2/21/2016 8:41am
TX24 wrote:
Nooooo, I was only joking. Sonny's is the McDonalds of barbecue pits. Only thing worse would be Waffle House. Savannah is a beautiful place and finding...
Nooooo, I was only joking. Sonny's is the McDonalds of barbecue pits. Only thing worse would be Waffle House. Savannah is a beautiful place and finding a cool lunch spot should be pretty easy.
Lol. yes I looked and there are about 20 of them.

We're going to try Crystal Beer Parlor.

Thanks Colintrax, we'll see if we have time.
gharmon
2/21/2016 6:24pm
TX24 wrote:
Nooooo, I was only joking. Sonny's is the McDonalds of barbecue pits. Only thing worse would be Waffle House. Savannah is a beautiful place and finding...
I personally like waffle house myself. Like one of the other posters said, the quality depends on the cook at the time.
gharmon
2/21/2016 6:27pm
colintrax wrote:
Stay a little longer, I'd plan on killing 2 or 3 hours. See the Mercer house, it's beautiful. Well worth the couple dollars to take the...
Stay a little longer, I'd plan on killing 2 or 3 hours. See the Mercer house, it's beautiful. Well worth the couple dollars to take the tour. If you haven't already, read midnight in the garden of good and evil. The book is based around the mercer home. Not sure where you're from, but it's required reading in Georgia schools lol
I went to school in Georgia and I haven't read it. Granted I did it on the other side of the state that Savanna. I also finished school over 25 years ago.
colintrax
Fantasy
2302nd
2/21/2016 8:50pm
colintrax wrote:
Stay a little longer, I'd plan on killing 2 or 3 hours. See the Mercer house, it's beautiful. Well worth the couple dollars to take the...
gharmon wrote:
I went to school in Georgia and I haven't read it. Granted I did it on the other side of the state that Savanna. I also...
I went to school in Georgia and I haven't read it. Granted I did it on the other side of the state that Savanna. I also finished school over 25 years ago.
Lol, I think it was just written 25 years ago. I live in Taylorsville, about 45 minutes east of Alabama and an hour south of Tennesse. Everyone I know that lives here has had to read it. Same with "into the wild"

Regardless, if you haven't I suggest you read "midnight in the garden of good and evil" very good book. And that's coming from a guy that doesn't read often.
Firefly47
2/22/2016 9:00am
I'm a little late, but I hope you ate somewhere good. Savannah River House and The ShellHouse (my favorite) is good and also you should try out Sam Snead's over in Pooler.

The Mercer house is cool and all, but there's some cool places over the bridge to check out, too. You could also go to Chippewa Square and see where they filmed Forrest Gump's bus stop scene. But if you go downtown, you'd better be packing and wearing kevlar. Savannah has turned into a sh*tbox.
JBernard_401
2/22/2016 9:45pm
Firefly47 wrote:
I'm a little late, but I hope you ate somewhere good. Savannah River House and The ShellHouse (my favorite) is good and also you should try...
I'm a little late, but I hope you ate somewhere good. Savannah River House and The ShellHouse (my favorite) is good and also you should try out Sam Snead's over in Pooler.

The Mercer house is cool and all, but there's some cool places over the bridge to check out, too. You could also go to Chippewa Square and see where they filmed Forrest Gump's bus stop scene. But if you go downtown, you'd better be packing and wearing kevlar. Savannah has turned into a sh*tbox.
went to school there around '05 and nighttime down there was sketchy. all those alleys and having to park in crappy places, yeah no thanks.

Post a reply to: Lunch in Savannah GA.

The Latest