Lewis Hamilton

Uncle Tony
7/28/2014 8:26am
I don't know, I kinda thought they favor Hamilton, the British Grand Prix comes to mind
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
7/28/2014 12:35pm
I thought the same thing that they favor Hamilton over Rosberg.
indy_maico
7/28/2014 2:05pm
Mercedes F1 may be a 'German' team, but it is based in Brackley in the Briish Midlands and probably 99% of the team are English guys.

If anything, those guys would rather see Hamilton win before the Kraut!

It is ludicrous to think there may be a conspiracy, unless it is just because Lewis seems to be a whiny complainer while Rosberg just gets on with it.

mauidex
7/28/2014 2:24pm
Id tend to agree with you Indy..........but yesterdays command to "let Nico by" was utter bullshit.....

The Shop

mauidex
7/28/2014 2:26pm
and yeah Lewis is very ":whiney"...........................
Uncle Tony
7/28/2014 3:57pm
While Lewis is driving great I think nico is a bit faster
indy_maico
7/29/2014 12:51pm
mauidex wrote:
Id tend to agree with you Indy..........but yesterdays command to "let Nico by" was utter bullshit.....
That was merely a strategy call.

Hamilton and Rosberg were on different tire strategies. Hamilton had to let Rosberg by because he needed to make another stop.

By not letting Rosberg by, it cost Mercedes the race.

Rosberg would have been ahead of both Hamilton and Ricciardo at the end and on fresh tires.

Ricciardo would not have been able to take the lead as he so easily did over Hamilton.

Hamilton denied Mercedes a win and gave it to Red Bull.
He knew it too, that's why he was so quiet and low-profile on the podium after the race.
M-M
7/29/2014 2:37pm
Whilst you want your team to win. You're not going to let your main rival go past you and possibly win the race. Rosberg wasn't exactly challenging to get past Lewis either.

Niki Lauda said he would have done exactly the same as Lewis.

I was glad to see Ricciardo win anyway.
TeamGreen
7/29/2014 3:54pm
mauidex wrote:
indy_maico wrote:
That was merely a strategy call. Hamilton and Rosberg were on different tire strategies. Hamilton had to let Rosberg by because he needed to make another...
That was merely a strategy call.

Hamilton and Rosberg were on different tire strategies. Hamilton had to let Rosberg by because he needed to make another stop.

By not letting Rosberg by, it cost Mercedes the race.

Rosberg would have been ahead of both Hamilton and Ricciardo at the end and on fresh tires.

Ricciardo would not have been able to take the lead as he so easily did over Hamilton.

Hamilton denied Mercedes a win and gave it to Red Bull.
He knew it too, that's why he was so quiet and low-profile on the podium after the race.
I think Hamilton was focused on the "drivers points race" & wasn't interested in the Team strategy after coming all the way to the front...from the back. Waaaay back...for the 2nd race in a row. He commented that those few points will matter at the end of the season.
indy_maico
7/29/2014 5:05pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I think Hamilton was focused on the "drivers points race" & wasn't interested in the Team strategy after coming all the way to the front...from the...
I think Hamilton was focused on the "drivers points race" & wasn't interested in the Team strategy after coming all the way to the front...from the back. Waaaay back...for the 2nd race in a row. He commented that those few points will matter at the end of the season.
You're exactly right, Manny.

I was just pointing out the team orders for Hamilton to pull over to let Rosberg by was not because they were favoring Rosberg, it was just that he had the best chance to win for the Mercedes team.

Hamilton racing for himself and not the team cost the team a win, and points. And those points at the end of the year translate to dollars.

So the team was making the call to benefit the team, not to benefit Rosberg.
TeamGreen
7/29/2014 5:40pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I think Hamilton was focused on the "drivers points race" & wasn't interested in the Team strategy after coming all the way to the front...from the...
indy_maico wrote:
You're exactly right, Manny. I was just pointing out the team orders for Hamilton to pull over to let Rosberg by was not because they were...
You're exactly right, Manny.

I was just pointing out the team orders for Hamilton to pull over to let Rosberg by was not because they were favoring Rosberg, it was just that he had the best chance to win for the Mercedes team.

Hamilton racing for himself and not the team cost the team a win, and points. And those points at the end of the year translate to dollars.

So the team was making the call to benefit the team, not to benefit Rosberg.
Copy that.

I can't help wondering how the discussion went, post race, back in the team pits/lounge...

LH, wants to win & I can't help believing he put it in the team's lap: "My 'strategy' is winning the title. I suspect Nico's is, too. When's the last time you had a driver come from the back, 2 weeks in a row, and hand over a position....or two? How about we focus on making things beter for Nico and I & give this 'strategy-talk' a rest? ...'cause it's NOT working for me."

As for LH being a whinner? I think I'm pretty cool with what he has to say; because, he often tells it like it is and let's us in on things that ARE or AREN'T working...which is kinda refreshing.

I do like that Nico is 1970's era "cool" and modern-era "No Excuses".

All-n-All...F1, the engine, chassis...whole-damn-car-design/rules changes have made for a really good season...for the spectator. Honest to GAWD P A S S I N G...in F1...No Shit! I mean, we're talking about this stuff during Moto/SX races, this year, it's THAT Exciting!

Also, I simply LOVE the "Changing of the Gaurd" and seeing the Red Bull guys having to actually COMPETE...not just Run Away...seems Mercedes has stolen that torch.

Ricardo winning? AWESOME. Multiple "brands" winning? AWESOME.

Btw, count me as someone who's actually "good" with the new engine. Seems more in-line with actual engines that the rest of the world uses.
GHOPPER
7/30/2014 7:07am
It seems like Hamiltons pit stops are always a sec slower than Rosbergs.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
7/30/2014 7:32am
M-M wrote:
Whilst you want your team to win. You're not going to let your main rival go past you and possibly win the race. Rosberg wasn't exactly...
Whilst you want your team to win. You're not going to let your main rival go past you and possibly win the race. Rosberg wasn't exactly challenging to get past Lewis either.

Niki Lauda said he would have done exactly the same as Lewis.

I was glad to see Ricciardo win anyway.
Having four cars all battling for the lead in the closing laps was great. Havent seen that kind of a race in F1 for quite some time. I wanted Alonzo to win but it was still a great race.
mauidex
7/30/2014 9:25am
hey Indy..........yeah got that................just tuned in with about half hour to go so didn't know strategies.............yeah could see the big bosses being pretty po'd about mfg points.............but this Lewis/Nico battle is making them both only think of beating the other guy to the checkered flag..........I hope Hamilton comes back strong the next few races so we have a title up for grabs at the double points race!!!!!! that will cause all kinds of contoversy......
mauidex
7/30/2014 9:30am
Team Green...........with ya on all of it............yeah just wish they could also get a better TV deal...........I'm a 50% Nascar fan but when NBC takes that over it is for sure gonna F up our coverage now of MX and F1................

the only thing that really sucks this year for me is the sound.................seems to have gotten swept under the rug.........but Monaco really sucked compared to the past....................

but lookin like we're gonna have some drama of our own starting next weekend........
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
7/30/2014 11:33am
mauidex wrote:
Team Green...........with ya on all of it............yeah just wish they could also get a better TV deal...........I'm a 50% Nascar fan but when NBC takes that...
Team Green...........with ya on all of it............yeah just wish they could also get a better TV deal...........I'm a 50% Nascar fan but when NBC takes that over it is for sure gonna F up our coverage now of MX and F1................

the only thing that really sucks this year for me is the sound.................seems to have gotten swept under the rug.........but Monaco really sucked compared to the past....................

but lookin like we're gonna have some drama of our own starting next weekend........
I liked the sound of the screaming V10s so much better.Sad
hillbilly
8/1/2014 6:21am
Hamilton had brake failure in the race before,in qualifications,hit the wall a ton.

They flash back to the pits and the brembo guys are all huddled around.

Race morning the broadcast says they,meaning Hamilton,switched brake manufacturers.,never said who,or anything more.

Last race his car lites afire on the opening laps of qualifications,Hamilton said his brake pedal went to the floor and the kers was acting up when it all happened

Swapping brakes mid stream would seem to be a huge gamble.
TeamGreen
8/1/2014 9:33am
When you think about it...

2 weeks of car failures. Brakes, KERRS...whatever: if you're Hamilton, you're not too happy with the Team's ability to give you a good car...all the while, Nico's car isn't having the same problems. Probably nothing but coincidence...

After re-watching the race, I can see Hamilton's late race/last lap tactics. He wasn't giving a damn thing away.

For me, it's another facet of how great this season is: even Team-Orders don't mean shit.

Wining does.

8/1/2014 9:49am
Harry_Gray wrote:
Anyone watch the F1 Race yesterday on here? Does anyone here fall into the "conspiracy theory" idea that Mercedes is favoring Rosberg over Hamilton? IMO, Hamilton...
Anyone watch the F1 Race yesterday on here? Does anyone here fall into the "conspiracy theory" idea that Mercedes is favoring Rosberg over Hamilton? IMO, Hamilton has had the worst luck this season. Ironically, he has been driving the best he had in years considering the circumstances that he has experienced. I'd like to see him get another title this year, so I might be considered a bit biased on this subject. Any opinions on here???
I think this sorta stuff has happened in the past, I'm think Kimi in his first stint with Ferrari.

But tbh, sometimes it's just bad luck.

We all thought Vettel was getting preferential treatment to Weber. But now look at Vettel, his car has been a mess.

Truth is, unless were in the paddock, we just don't know. I have little to no contacts in the F1 world. So as a blind fan, I know I'm completely in the dark on this stuff.
hillbilly
8/1/2014 9:21pm
Since they took the FRIC link away 2 races ago that may be the reason Hamilton is killing the brakes .

Post a reply to: Lewis Hamilton

The Latest