Legal Cannabis?

gabrielito
9/5/2016 5:10pm
Anybody have any experience with it? Now that I am back living in a legal state I have been considering trying some of the high CBD strain to help with relaxation. Any thoughts / suggestions?
|
The Rock
9/5/2016 6:00pm
From everything I have read it seems to help with a variety of conditions. More importantly nothing me or anyone else tells you will effect your personal experience with cannabis.

My advice is to try it to see if it helps or not. Good luck!
MR. X
9/5/2016 6:09pm
I hear white widow is one to try.
9/5/2016 6:20pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2016 6:21pm
I just purchased a cartridge of CBD for the first time the other day. I bought it at a kiosk in a local mall, actually. It seems to be excellent for relieving muscle aches. Don't be mistaken, there's no psychoactive affect (effect?) with CBD, so your mental state will remain unchanged.

As far as THC, every other month-or-so I purchase a 500mg cartridge of hybrid cannabis concentrate. It plugs into my vape pen and lasts for nearly two months of light vaping. As far as I'm concerned, vaping is the way to go. It's super discrete. I frequently hit my pen in public, including in restaurants, and nobody has any idea.

gabrielito
9/5/2016 6:59pm
TripleFive wrote:
I just purchased a cartridge of CBD for the first time the other day. I bought it at a kiosk in a local mall, actually. It...
I just purchased a cartridge of CBD for the first time the other day. I bought it at a kiosk in a local mall, actually. It seems to be excellent for relieving muscle aches. Don't be mistaken, there's no psychoactive affect (effect?) with CBD, so your mental state will remain unchanged.

As far as THC, every other month-or-so I purchase a 500mg cartridge of hybrid cannabis concentrate. It plugs into my vape pen and lasts for nearly two months of light vaping. As far as I'm concerned, vaping is the way to go. It's super discrete. I frequently hit my pen in public, including in restaurants, and nobody has any idea.

The vape pen is the rout I will go if cannabis works for me. The last time I smoked pot was in 94 and it made me a little paranoid and I din't like it. Before that I rarely smoked it between the ages of 15 and 21. Wen i was young I smoked it a fair amount (My brother got sent to military school so my parents had his straight A hippy friend baby sit me when they went to their bowing league. So in fifth and sixth grade I smoked it at least once a week during the school year.) So I have some experience but from what I hear the stuff nowadays is nothing like the Mexican weed I smoked in the mid 80's.

The Shop

imoto34
Fantasy
3151st
9/5/2016 7:21pm
What you would have smoked back then, more then likely not comparable to what you would get at these dispensaries now.

Your best bet is to go in and talk with someone that will be able to explain what different strains can do for you.

I smoke often, and enjoy the way it helps me. Without it of a night, I will usually have to take either something for pain or something that will make me sleep. A few rips of quality smoke will do both for me cause as for many in the sport knows, the multiple injuries we have all racked up and the way pain pills are thru towards your mouth it is easy to over do the pain killers and before you know it you are asleep in your dinner plate more often then you would be willing to mention. I would much rather see someone smoke pot and clean the plate.

Good Luck!
tuggy450
9/5/2016 7:45pm
gabrielito wrote:
Anybody have any experience with it? Now that I am back living in a legal state I have been considering trying some of the high CBD...
Anybody have any experience with it? Now that I am back living in a legal state I have been considering trying some of the high CBD strain to help with relaxation. Any thoughts / suggestions?
What's the matter the yoga and meditation isn't working? Maybe crank a couple off, lol , sorry can't help you with the best strains,

Here are some anti marijuana ads, some are just funny some are just true.,Personally I think fairly harmless, unless you are a chronic stoner. Then like any drug can have side effects or adverse effects. Do you really think you need another chemical? Before you know it your thinking like a liberal progressive, , lol. take it easy folks just ribbing you a little

gabrielito
9/5/2016 7:58pm
tuggy450 wrote:
What's the matter the yoga and meditation isn't working? Maybe crank a couple off, lol , sorry can't help you with the best strains, Here are...
What's the matter the yoga and meditation isn't working? Maybe crank a couple off, lol , sorry can't help you with the best strains,

Here are some anti marijuana ads, some are just funny some are just true.,Personally I think fairly harmless, unless you are a chronic stoner. Then like any drug can have side effects or adverse effects. Do you really think you need another chemical? Before you know it your thinking like a liberal progressive, , lol. take it easy folks just ribbing you a little

It's totally legal where I live so the amount of diversity in types is unreal. As far as the chemical goes the way i see it it's no different than the glass of wine I am currently drinking. As Triple Five said you can as easily buy strains with low to zero THC as you can buy strains that are 30%. I am just looking for something to take the edge off to help with relaxation. I am fairly high strung so I am hoping with the plethora of options there are some that can help with that. The thing is when I look at what is available it's like drinking from a fire hose. Shatter, Wax, Dabs, Vapes, Tinctures, etc I've never heard of that stuff before let alone all the types of cannabis that are out there.
9/5/2016 8:12pm
gabrielito wrote:
The vape pen is the rout I will go if cannabis works for me. The last time I smoked pot was in 94 and it made...
The vape pen is the rout I will go if cannabis works for me. The last time I smoked pot was in 94 and it made me a little paranoid and I din't like it. Before that I rarely smoked it between the ages of 15 and 21. Wen i was young I smoked it a fair amount (My brother got sent to military school so my parents had his straight A hippy friend baby sit me when they went to their bowing league. So in fifth and sixth grade I smoked it at least once a week during the school year.) So I have some experience but from what I hear the stuff nowadays is nothing like the Mexican weed I smoked in the mid 80's.
I'd recommend you do some research on the difference between indica and sativa, two distinct strains of cannabis. For most, sativa tends to be more of a "heady" high, and stimulates your thoughts more so than its counterpart. For me, too much sativa can lead to paranoid thoughts, similar to what you had mentioned. Indica, on the other hand, tends to be more of a lock-you-to-your-couch-type "body high." Your local store will likely offer products that are sativa dominant, indica dominant, or "hybrid" which, as you can guess, are a blend of the two. I'm sure that some of this may sound like hippy talk, but the differences between indica and sativa, from my experience, are legitimate.

Additionally, take a look at edibles. The way the body metabolizes THC when consumed orally is completely different than when inhaled, and leads to an entirely unique high. Similar to the differences between indica and sativa, edibles are a beast of their own. Before you try one, I'd first make sure that you have a few hours blocked off ahead of time as the effects can last for a long period. As with all of this stuff (with the exception of CBD), moderation is key. Start with a low dose, and go from there.

Again, as I had mentioned, I'd certainly try CDB as well. I was surprised to experience the pain relief that had been advertised. It's not going to numb your body like an opiate, but CBD products may bring you some real pain relief without the gnarly side-effects of the alternatives.

Nellie12
9/5/2016 8:48pm
Are all the recreational shops selling the same stuff? Is there a shop that stands out compared to others? Coming to Denver this week for a concert at Red Rocks and might have to check out a shop.
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
9/5/2016 8:52pm
Im curious because I dont know. How does it being legal impact drug testing, like for employers, etc?
9/5/2016 9:39pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2016 9:47pm
Nellie12 wrote:
Are all the recreational shops selling the same stuff? Is there a shop that stands out compared to others? Coming to Denver this week for a...
Are all the recreational shops selling the same stuff? Is there a shop that stands out compared to others? Coming to Denver this week for a concert at Red Rocks and might have to check out a shop.
I can't speak for Denver, because I live in Colorado Springs. To answer your question though, yes, all of the rec shops appear to sell a wide variety of products. All of the shops I've been to in Colorado Springs have had a menu with cannabis in every reasonable variety. I would imagine that finding a recreational store in Denver that will have whatever you need would not be difficult, unless you're looking for a particular brand or something obscure.

Side note, Red Rocks is AWESOME!!
9/5/2016 9:43pm
kzizok wrote:
Im curious because I dont know. How does it being legal impact drug testing, like for employers, etc?
In Colorado, legalization has not impacted a business's right to test employees for drugs. However, the change in perception that has accompanied legalization has softened the public's perception of marijuana to the extent that some private businesses who test for drugs have explicitly told their employees that they are no longer testing for marijuana.
9/5/2016 10:00pm
As an aside, last summer I visited a cannabis "club." Studio A64

From the outside it looked just like a regular bar, and the inside was similarly constructed (tables, TVs, fountain drinks, etc.). However, instead of selling alcohol (which they didn't offer), they sold marijuana products. My friend was able to enjoy a pre-rolled joint ($5) and a strawberry milkshake, while he was entertained by live local music.

It's a whole 'nother world, fellas.

gabrielito
9/6/2016 6:14am
Nellie12 wrote:
Are all the recreational shops selling the same stuff? Is there a shop that stands out compared to others? Coming to Denver this week for a...
This is the best site I have run into for info.

https://www.leafly.com

gabrielito
9/6/2016 6:26am
TripleFive wrote:
I'd recommend you do some research on the difference between indica and sativa, two distinct strains of cannabis. For most, sativa tends to be more of...
I'd recommend you do some research on the difference between indica and sativa, two distinct strains of cannabis. For most, sativa tends to be more of a "heady" high, and stimulates your thoughts more so than its counterpart. For me, too much sativa can lead to paranoid thoughts, similar to what you had mentioned. Indica, on the other hand, tends to be more of a lock-you-to-your-couch-type "body high." Your local store will likely offer products that are sativa dominant, indica dominant, or "hybrid" which, as you can guess, are a blend of the two. I'm sure that some of this may sound like hippy talk, but the differences between indica and sativa, from my experience, are legitimate.

Additionally, take a look at edibles. The way the body metabolizes THC when consumed orally is completely different than when inhaled, and leads to an entirely unique high. Similar to the differences between indica and sativa, edibles are a beast of their own. Before you try one, I'd first make sure that you have a few hours blocked off ahead of time as the effects can last for a long period. As with all of this stuff (with the exception of CBD), moderation is key. Start with a low dose, and go from there.

Again, as I had mentioned, I'd certainly try CDB as well. I was surprised to experience the pain relief that had been advertised. It's not going to numb your body like an opiate, but CBD products may bring you some real pain relief without the gnarly side-effects of the alternatives.

I have done a ton of research. I am sure Indica is the best strain for me all though there are some strains of Sativa that are about 2 or 3 to 1 CBD/THC that are meant to help with anxiety /racy thoughts, pain etc. So I am not totally sure about that.

I have heard some wild stories of friends who have tried edibles. Pretty much everyone says "dude be careful" because they weren't. I want an immediate reaction so edibles probably wont suit me to well. I think the vape pen is what I am most interested in. Good ones are pretty expensive but I like the idea of vapor over smoke.
9/6/2016 7:24am
Google Indica vs Sativa
Go easy on the edibles and when you try eating a cookie, brownie or whatever, give yourself 12-14 hours.
You should have known!
9/6/2016 9:27am
gabrielito wrote:
I have done a ton of research. I am sure Indica is the best strain for me all though there are some strains of Sativa that...
I have done a ton of research. I am sure Indica is the best strain for me all though there are some strains of Sativa that are about 2 or 3 to 1 CBD/THC that are meant to help with anxiety /racy thoughts, pain etc. So I am not totally sure about that.

I have heard some wild stories of friends who have tried edibles. Pretty much everyone says "dude be careful" because they weren't. I want an immediate reaction so edibles probably wont suit me to well. I think the vape pen is what I am most interested in. Good ones are pretty expensive but I like the idea of vapor over smoke.
Awesome man! I hope you're able to find something that works well for you!
ocscottie
9/6/2016 12:28pm
TripleFive wrote:
I just purchased a cartridge of CBD for the first time the other day. I bought it at a kiosk in a local mall, actually. It...

I want to try some CBD for my leg pain, i cant fucking take it anymore, it never stops and i get no relief. I have heard some good results from it.
akillerwombat
9/6/2016 2:21pm
ocscottie wrote:
I want to try some CBD for my leg pain, i cant fucking take it anymore, it never stops and i get no relief. I have...
I want to try some CBD for my leg pain, i cant fucking take it anymore, it never stops and i get no relief. I have heard some good results from it.
You wont regret it. I have been getting incredibly bad restless legs before bed for the last 10 or so years and a little marijuana goes a long way. I haven't come across anything that works better (prescription or not) and in addition to calming down the nerves / reducing the pain the fact that marijuana is a natural sleep aid is an extra bonus.
9/6/2016 2:25pm Edited Date/Time 9/6/2016 2:26pm
kzizok wrote:
So my hospital thought it was gonna pass with flying colors through Ohio. Well it failed. Got
Voted down. Week before the election they ramped up their drug policy. And started random drugs tests and let us know that just because it will be legal doesnt mean we can use it because we have a policy that says you can't.

I thought, well why haven't they wrote a policy for alcohol then too?!?

Many people drink a few here and there. I bet there would be millions of users of Marijuana that would do the same and really cause no more harm to patients than someone that drinks.

Anyone ever worked hungover ? Do you get hungover on dope ? I don't use it don't know. But I know If I get off work and have 3 beers the next day I feel like crap. Mr 3 beer queer here.
akillerwombat
9/6/2016 2:29pm
So my hospital thought it was gonna pass with flying colors through Ohio. Well it failed. Got Voted down. Week before the election they ramped up...
So my hospital thought it was gonna pass with flying colors through Ohio. Well it failed. Got
Voted down. Week before the election they ramped up their drug policy. And started random drugs tests and let us know that just because it will be legal doesnt mean we can use it because we have a policy that says you can't.

Many people drink a few here and there. I bet there would be millions of users of Marijuana that would do the same and really cause no more harm to patients than someone that drinks.

Anyone ever worked hungover ? Do you get hungover on dope ? I don't use it don't know. But I know If I get off work and have 3 beers the next day I feel like crap. Mr 3 beer queer here.
It's much more akin to that feeling you get when you slept incredibly deep vs a hangover. I've smoked, eaten, etc more than my fair share of marijuana over the years and all it takes is a quick shower and a coffee to get back to normal.
9/6/2016 4:03pm
I just need one of those e cigs so I can get some sleep during the day. It would make night shift so much easier.
agn5009
9/6/2016 6:34pm
kzizok wrote:
So my hospital thought it was gonna pass with flying colors through Ohio. Well it failed. Got Voted down. Week before the election they ramped up...

Maybe you can answer this question for me since your in the medical field. Alcohol runs out of your system fast, right? So if I had 3 beers today around 7pm it would be all out of my system by 9am the next morning for work, obviously. So wouldn't it be impossible to test for alcohol? For example, I drank alcohol 5 days ago and now my employer is testing for alcohol. They wouldn't find any. But marijuana stays in your system for 30 days I believe. So it's much easier to test for. I could be totally wrong on all of that.
9/6/2016 6:44pm Edited Date/Time 9/6/2016 6:46pm
What is it something like 3 hours per drink it takes the liver to process alcohol? That's if you have a good liver. And I think 1 drink is considered 3 oz of liquor or 12 oz of beer.

So you slam down your last two brews at 2am and punch in at 7....and they test you. You'll get popped...

But I'm not sure about the whole thing I don't perform drug tests. If I do it's a rox screen with blood. Even then I just check the lab result after. I'd have to read up more past the top of my head...

But where is dope processed ? Liver, or kidneys? I'll find out. Lemme consult my provider manual. Lol.
9/6/2016 6:56pm
"▵9-THC is metabolized in the liver by microsomal hydroxylation and oxidation catalyzed by enzymes of cytochrome P450 (CYP) complex. The average plasma clearance rates have been reported to be 11.8± 3 L/hour for women and 14.9 ±3.7 L/hour for men (59). Others have determined approximately 36 L/hour for naïve cannabis users and 60 L/hour for regular cannabis users12."

Good info here....it does have some government bias....lol
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3570572/#!po=13.8554
9/6/2016 7:02pm Edited Date/Time 9/6/2016 7:08pm
If you had 3 beers, and stopped drinking at 7. By 5am you would be cleared of alcohol. But you'd have to empty your bladder after 5am. Could be a small chance you can get popped if you held onto urine that was made by you at about 3am or any time before the 5am Mark.

Etg can show up days after you drink...that just says you could of been drinking. Body turns etoh into etg, etg excretes through urine....
Granted how many employers check? Only when you're hurt on the job right ? So if you went in early and smashed your finger in a press. They'd make you pee and you might get popped. However if you did the same thing at 3pm and had to pee you might not get popped. Easiest thing to do is not drink until Friday after work. Lol.
agn5009
9/6/2016 7:25pm
If you had 3 beers, and stopped drinking at 7. By 5am you would be cleared of alcohol. But you'd have to empty your bladder after...
If you had 3 beers, and stopped drinking at 7. By 5am you would be cleared of alcohol. But you'd have to empty your bladder after 5am. Could be a small chance you can get popped if you held onto urine that was made by you at about 3am or any time before the 5am Mark.

Etg can show up days after you drink...that just says you could of been drinking. Body turns etoh into etg, etg excretes through urine....
Granted how many employers check? Only when you're hurt on the job right ? So if you went in early and smashed your finger in a press. They'd make you pee and you might get popped. However if you did the same thing at 3pm and had to pee you might not get popped. Easiest thing to do is not drink until Friday after work. Lol.
I agree. So essentially this is the reason why employers don't test for alcohol and do test for marijuana even if both are legal where you live. It's pretty much impossible unless you're under the influence while at work. Marijuana is much easier to test for after an extended period of time.

I personally don't care what people do on their own time. But if they're coming into work drunk or stoned, that's a different story. Thank you for the info!
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
9/6/2016 9:46pm Edited Date/Time 9/6/2016 9:50pm
Georgie,

Very interesting. I agree with the ETOH vs Mary Jane issue. Lots of people drink and seems like a double standard to allow one versus the other. Certainly will be interesting to see how this whole thing evolves.

Another thing to think about in regards to ETOH testing is some places can add an extended version called EtG. It detects metabolites and can detect 1 single drink for up to 80 hours. Not a lot of people are even aware it exists.

Post a reply to: Legal Cannabis?

The Latest