Last Septmeber I stopped eating red meat

dcg141
I have since lost 25 lbs and feel better than I have in a decade. Thinking about giving up meat altogether.
|
MR. X
4/13/2017 10:57am
It's meat ,sir.

4/13/2017 11:25am
Glad your feeling better for me personal though I have found that a balanced diet with some meat (red once a week) veggies, and simple carbs is what works for me. Oh and cutting sugar, sugar is killing us not saturated fats.
4/13/2017 11:35am
I had rather die of coronary artery disease than give up a sizzling, rare, perfectly seasoned steak.
MR. X
4/13/2017 11:41am
I had rather die of coronary artery disease than give up a sizzling, rare, perfectly seasoned steak.
Just one ? Or a lifetime of them?

The Shop

IWreckALot
4/13/2017 12:21pm
I work with a buddy that has cut WAY back on the amount of meat he eats and he says he feels much better. It's a difficult commitment to make. He has lost about 15 lbs in 2 or 3 months and he still drinks beer and hasn't made any other changes.
steed 2.0
4/13/2017 12:40pm Edited Date/Time 4/13/2017 12:48pm
Glad your feeling better for me personal though I have found that a balanced diet with some meat (red once a week) veggies, and simple carbs...
Glad your feeling better for me personal though I have found that a balanced diet with some meat (red once a week) veggies, and simple carbs is what works for me. Oh and cutting sugar, sugar is killing us not saturated fats.
Similar story here... tried 100% vegan for a while but, I lost so much weight that it become unhealthy I'm not a Moby type of person before we get stories again Laughing I just do it for my own health
4/13/2017 12:48pm
Had my 14 yr anniversary last night. Ate a KC Strip on the plaza with my wife. That sum bitch was over an inch thick cooked to perfection. This morning I woke with a meat hangover.
To make it worse, today was bet payoff day for the NCAA tournament. I won a bbq lunch off a co-worker. Had a big pulled pork sandwich at q39.

I'm almost depressed I feel so blah right now.

Only chicken and veggies for a while now. I need to clean my system out.
dcg141
4/13/2017 12:48pm Edited Date/Time 4/13/2017 12:49pm
Glad your feeling better for me personal though I have found that a balanced diet with some meat (red once a week) veggies, and simple carbs...
I cut out sugar quite awhile back. I'm leary of any prepared foods. What little I do eat has to have only a few ingredients and I have to recognize what they are.
dcg141
4/13/2017 12:53pm
Had my 14 yr anniversary last night. Ate a KC Strip on the plaza with my wife. That sum bitch was over an inch thick cooked...
Had my 14 yr anniversary last night. Ate a KC Strip on the plaza with my wife. That sum bitch was over an inch thick cooked to perfection. This morning I woke with a meat hangover.
To make it worse, today was bet payoff day for the NCAA tournament. I won a bbq lunch off a co-worker. Had a big pulled pork sandwich at q39.

I'm almost depressed I feel so blah right now.

Only chicken and veggies for a while now. I need to clean my system out.
Had em all the time..the last straw was a bout of indigestion that was so bad I thought my stomach was on fire. Every time I want a steak I remember that night where I got no sleep. I was eating Tums like candy.
TXDirt
4/13/2017 1:44pm
Love a good steak. Love a good burger. Love fish and sushi. I don't eat a lot of fried foods. All in good moderation.
APLMAN99
4/13/2017 5:25pm
I'm not gonna worry wrinkles in my brow
'Cause nothin's ever gonna be alright nohow
No matter how I struggle and strive
I'll never get out of this world alive
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
4/13/2017 5:31pm Edited Date/Time 4/13/2017 5:32pm
dcg141 wrote:
I have since lost 25 lbs and feel better than I have in a decade. Thinking about giving up meat altogether.
Its you, and if you feel great, do what you feel is best for you. I will say this, we are omnivores, and our body chemistry is built to regulate according to the variations of what we put in our body. Moderation really is a good rule of thumb when it comes to diet.

A little red meat helps with iron and any supplement taken to replace iron, is very poorly processed, if at all. So, if you still are active, cardio wise, some red meat helps with O2 binding supplies.
BobPA
4/13/2017 5:58pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
I'm not gonna worry wrinkles in my brow 'Cause nothin's ever gonna be alright nohow No matter how I struggle and strive I'll never get out...
Hank
borg
4/13/2017 6:15pm
dcg141 wrote:
It depends on how much red meat you were eating. For example, if you were having steak twice a month and stopped, I would look elsewhere for why you feel better.

What I have found in my 64 years is that there are only a few subjects that will generate more pure bullshit than politics. Diet is one of them. Not saying you're full of it, just my observation.

I used to eat burgers twice a week and steak once a week. I am down to one burger a week and steak every couple of months and I dont feel any better at all. I just cant afford steak anymore. At least good steak. All meat prices went up when the Feds started subsidizing ethanol. Fuck ethanol.
APLMAN99
4/13/2017 6:51pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
I'm not gonna worry wrinkles in my brow 'Cause nothin's ever gonna be alright nohow No matter how I struggle and strive I'll never get out...
BobPA wrote:
Hank
The Hillbilly Shakespeare..........
dcg141
4/13/2017 6:58pm
dcg141 wrote:
borg wrote:
It depends on how much red meat you were eating. For example, if you were having steak twice a month and stopped, I would look elsewhere...
It depends on how much red meat you were eating. For example, if you were having steak twice a month and stopped, I would look elsewhere for why you feel better.

What I have found in my 64 years is that there are only a few subjects that will generate more pure bullshit than politics. Diet is one of them. Not saying you're full of it, just my observation.

I used to eat burgers twice a week and steak once a week. I am down to one burger a week and steak every couple of months and I dont feel any better at all. I just cant afford steak anymore. At least good steak. All meat prices went up when the Feds started subsidizing ethanol. Fuck ethanol.
No, I get it. I was not eating everyday but when I did portion control was a problem for me. I do have to say when I started I also greatly increased my intake of fresher foods and started cooking more. Now I'm eating more vegetables, fruit and nuts. For whatever reason vegetables taste better now. The weight loss is real and I do feel better wo a doubt.
borg
4/13/2017 7:06pm
dcg141 wrote:
borg wrote:
It depends on how much red meat you were eating. For example, if you were having steak twice a month and stopped, I would look elsewhere...

dcg141 wrote:
No, I get it. I was not eating everyday but when I did portion control was a problem for me. I do have to say when...
No, I get it. I was not eating everyday but when I did portion control was a problem for me. I do have to say when I started I also greatly increased my intake of fresher foods and started cooking more. Now I'm eating more vegetables, fruit and nuts. For whatever reason vegetables taste better now. The weight loss is real and I do feel better wo a doubt.
Portion control has always been a problem for me. There was a place that had a 32 oz steak for cheap. I could down that sucker in about 10 minutes. Vegies are good, fruit is good, I eat a lot more chicken and tuna now. My lunch these days is a Granny Smith and a V8. The combo has an interesting taste.
APLMAN99
4/13/2017 7:16pm
borg wrote:

dcg141 wrote:
No, I get it. I was not eating everyday but when I did portion control was a problem for me. I do have to say when...
borg wrote:
Portion control has always been a problem for me. There was a place that had a 32 oz steak for cheap. I could down that sucker...
Portion control has always been a problem for me. There was a place that had a 32 oz steak for cheap. I could down that sucker in about 10 minutes. Vegies are good, fruit is good, I eat a lot more chicken and tuna now. My lunch these days is a Granny Smith and a V8. The combo has an interesting taste.
I grow Granny Smiths and I feel just a bit guilty about it.......

Except for baking, of course!

They are the worst tasting apple I've ever had. When someone tells me that their mom used to put Granny Smiths in their school lunch, I have to ask them why their mother hated them so badly.
Hut
4/13/2017 7:21pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
I grow Granny Smiths and I feel just a bit guilty about it....... Except for baking, of course! They are the worst tasting apple I've ever...

They are the worst tasting apple I've ever had. When someone tells me that their mom used to put Granny Smiths in their school lunch, I have to ask them why their mother hated them so badly.
Agreed.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
4/13/2017 7:31pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
I grow Granny Smiths and I feel just a bit guilty about it....... Except for baking, of course! They are the worst tasting apple I've ever...

Honeycrisps or bust. Wink
APLMAN99
4/13/2017 7:37pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

avidchimp wrote:
I farm about 30 acres of Honeycrisp, but if I don't have any in the house I'll gladly pay for them at a store!

I don't have any Pink Lady (Cripps) planted right now, but I'm thinking I will in the next few years. I've got about 5 acres of Ambrosia, and they're a great apple early after harvest, but I'm not a fan of them out of storage.
borg
4/13/2017 7:40pm
dcg141 wrote:
borg wrote:
Portion control has always been a problem for me. There was a place that had a 32 oz steak for cheap. I could down that sucker...
APLMAN99 wrote:

Well Kevin, we disagree again. I love those things. I get the big ones. Sometimes I will salt them a little.
Tend them with care. Just for me.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
4/13/2017 7:41pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

avidchimp wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
I farm about 30 acres of Honeycrisp, but if I don't have any in the house I'll gladly pay for them at a store! I don't...
I farm about 30 acres of Honeycrisp, but if I don't have any in the house I'll gladly pay for them at a store!

I don't have any Pink Lady (Cripps) planted right now, but I'm thinking I will in the next few years. I've got about 5 acres of Ambrosia, and they're a great apple early after harvest, but I'm not a fan of them out of storage.
The Costco's down here have had an amazing run carrying them. I thought I had read that they were really finicky to grow?
APLMAN99
4/13/2017 7:44pm
borg wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:

borg wrote:
Well Kevin, we disagree again. I love those things. I get the big ones. Sometimes I will salt them a little. Tend them with care. Just...
Well Kevin, we disagree again. I love those things. I get the big ones. Sometimes I will salt them a little.
Tend them with care. Just for me.
Hey, I'm just glad that someone is buying them and paying a big premium for organic!
APLMAN99
4/13/2017 7:51pm
avidchimp wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
I farm about 30 acres of Honeycrisp, but if I don't have any in the house I'll gladly pay for them at a store! I don't...

avidchimp wrote:
The Costco's down here have had an amazing run carrying them. I thought I had read that they were really finicky to grow?
Definitely difficult to grow, lots of physiological issues. Thankfully they demand at least double the price of just about any other variety right now! They don't have quite the same organic premium, though.....
4/14/2017 6:40am
APLMAN99 wrote:

avidchimp wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
Definitely difficult to grow, lots of physiological issues. Thankfully they demand at least double the price of just about any other variety right now! They don't...
Definitely difficult to grow, lots of physiological issues. Thankfully they demand at least double the price of just about any other variety right now! They don't have quite the same organic premium, though.....
Broapple! Love Honeycrisp! Love love love! I buy Organic ones too. Wonder if I've had yours?
motosmith
4/14/2017 8:52am
I changed my diet about 2 months ago. I eat about 6 ounces of meat per week. I go entire days without eating meat. No carbs either.

Fruits, Vegetables and water with a little bit of chicken and fish is the perfect diet in my opinion.
APLMAN99
4/14/2017 9:41am
To tie this apple stuff back into the original thread, there was a book/diet plan written by a local gal here named Tammi Flynn and it centered around eating 3 apples a day. Apples definitely help fill you up so it seems like common sense that eating one before each meal would tend to help you consume less, or substituting an apple for dessert, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FCK4P4/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=U…

I remember trying it a decade ago, and realized that as much as I love apples, 3 a day was too much for me!
Mini Elsinore
4/14/2017 9:57am
dcg141 wrote:
One thing about vegetarians-----you never have to guess who they are because they are always telling you about it.... HuhLaughingWink
dcg141
4/14/2017 10:51am
dcg141 wrote:
One thing about vegetarians-----you never have to guess who they are because they are always telling you about it.... HuhLaughingWink
I'm buying a Prius too.

Post a reply to: Last Septmeber I stopped eating red meat

The Latest