KTM to MotoGP in 2017

SethGator
Edited Date/Time 8/3/2014 11:47pm
|
SethGator
8/1/2014 10:42am Edited Date/Time 8/1/2014 10:47am
oh yeah, I hate seeing one of my favorite younger guys Danny Kent mired on the thing b/w 10th-15th though. I will say that Aki Ajo's boy Niki has really impressed me on the other Husky (for his relative lack of experience).

SethGator
8/1/2014 10:46am
If somehow Kawasaki and BMW enter the fold, the world would be complete. Aprilia looks to be completely on board.

The Shop

8/1/2014 1:24pm
SethGator wrote:
If somehow Kawasaki and BMW enter the fold, the world would be complete. Aprilia looks to be completely on board.
Aprilia was definitely on board until Gigli left for Ducaudi. That fucked everything.

Aspar would've stayed Aprilia. And Hayden would've signed with them as a factory supported satellite team.
the_wood109
8/1/2014 6:04pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2014 6:09pm
They would need to lower the cost and and R&D required to get all manufacturers back into Motogp. They also would need a longer term rule set with less drastic short term changes.

Edit:
I am curious as to how KTM has come up with the money to contend in most motorcycle series.
8/1/2014 7:28pm
They would need to lower the cost and and R&D required to get all manufacturers back into Motogp. They also would need a longer term rule...
They would need to lower the cost and and R&D required to get all manufacturers back into Motogp. They also would need a longer term rule set with less drastic short term changes.

Edit:
I am curious as to how KTM has come up with the money to contend in most motorcycle series.
I don't think KTM foots the bill on most cases. They get pretty good sponsorship support.

In fact, I sometimes I think the mfgs are making out like bandits. Energy drinks are paying a large chunk of the bills. And four strokes couldn't be more expensive at the dealership.

As for fixing motogp by making it cheaper. Good luck with that. Honda has nothing to gain by the sport getting cheaper. Stricter rules means costlier r&d to find advantages which means a company like Honda can outspend instead of out ingenuity the competition.

They got everyone fooled into thinking that most of these rules changes will make the sport cheaper. Ha! It's more expensive than ever and the gap from the big players to the smaller teams couldn't be greater.

The one make tire rule couldn't be a bigger scam to benefit the "haves" and hold down the smaller mfgs.

I hope KTM does well in MotoGP because they are first and only, a motorcycle company. It's all they care about and it shows.
JPT
8/1/2014 9:10pm
Looking forward to seeing that.
PalerBlue
8/3/2014 2:06pm
Seth, It seems like your boy "Crazy Joe" has got Cals seat on the "factory" Ducati. You've been behind him for years now and I really wasn't sure but it seems he's come good and Dovi needs to up his game next year if he wants to be no.1 Duke rider.

(Cal to take Stephan Bradl's ride apparently Unsure )
8/3/2014 9:22pm
PalerBlue wrote:
Seth, It seems like your boy "Crazy Joe" has got Cals seat on the "factory" Ducati. You've been behind him for years now and I really...
Seth, It seems like your boy "Crazy Joe" has got Cals seat on the "factory" Ducati. You've been behind him for years now and I really wasn't sure but it seems he's come good and Dovi needs to up his game next year if he wants to be no.1 Duke rider.

(Cal to take Stephan Bradl's ride apparently Unsure )
Cal really lucked out. He got Ducati to buy him out of his deal and then failed upward by landing a nice factory spec bike for one of the better small teams in the sports history. LCR is a great squad that always punches above their weight class.

The pressure is on for Cal next year. He better show up and put in huge results.

Cause he knew what he was getting into with Ducaudi. Everyone in the paddock knows how the Italians are. They're stubborn and they want u to adapt to the machinery. And Cal knew damn well the Desmosedici is a pile of crap. Yet he bitched and basically alienated himself from the team from the start. The Italians are far too sensitive and passionate a bunch to put up with that crap. They'll just stop helping. Which is what they've done to Cal for a few races now.

He signed with a factory team because he wanted factory money. But he forgot that his job as a racer was to also be the positive face of a company.

On the flip side, Ducati should have known better. Cal is who he is. And Ducati has had years of humble pie yet refuses to fix the bike, or rather, their philosophy on building one. High maintenance riders like Rossi, Melandri, Cal, Stoner and others will never bring their extreme talents to Ducati ever again if they don't get it together.

Crazy Joe has earned this spot. Good for him. And with both riders being Northern Italians, there will be no favoritism next year. Ducati needs to stop with the bullshit and just get the job done. Dovi is a real nice kid in person and he's done them well. They need to reward these kids with a competitive bike.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bradl go to Prmac alongside Yonny. Rumor is Audi have had a hard on for getting a German on their bike for a while now.
PalerBlue
8/3/2014 11:47pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2014 11:49pm
I had the chance to meet both Cal and Tom Sykes a few years back at he airport after a WSB round on Brno.

Cal was(/is) one of the most scarily focused and intense men I had ever come into contact with and while running away with his WSS championship he was already planning his way up to the top. I am not even remotely surprised he has got where he has. He would literally ride through a brick wall if he thought it would advance his cause six inches.

After him, Tom seemed to me to be way too easy going and happy go lucky to ever really achieve anything. Wow, did I ever get that wrong! However, seeing how he's coping with Baz this season, I think he's hardened up somewhat.

Post a reply to: KTM to MotoGP in 2017

The Latest