Justified finale

level
Edited Date/Time 4/21/2015 2:52pm
Man what an awesome show. Hate seeing it end.

I loved the cowboy shootout with the bad guy (who was great by the way). That was incredible.

What a pretty cool ending too. I loved how they jumped forward years to see what everyone was up to which made it more real-life looking.
|
peelout
4/15/2015 9:35am Edited Date/Time 4/15/2015 9:40am
*SPOILERS BELOW

really enjoyed how the story ended and especially the final exchange with Boyd and Raylan, i'm a little bummed that it's over though.

i was never really able to feel much towards Ava, but i thought the "happy ending" for her was well done. she had been abused by every male character since she first appeared on the show, it was fitting that she get away from the toxic abuse.

i also really liked how Boone admitted to always shooting for the head ended up being his final demise. that "high noon" showdown was really well done.

after Deadwood and now Justified, i feel like Timothy Olyphant is this generation's Clint Eastwood or John Wayne. he played a great role in Justified.

level
4/15/2015 9:55am
I was a little bummed Raylan and his kids mother didn't end up together but it was realistic because they always struggled.

The only thing I didn't like was Boyds ending. I mean it was fitting because he was in jail and that's kind of how real life is but I don't know it didn't sit right with me.
DownSouth
4/15/2015 10:12am Edited Date/Time 4/15/2015 10:13am
I'm sorry to see it go, Justified was one of my favorite shows the past few years, but at least the finale tied up all the loose ends with the main characters.

I was glad to finally see Boone offed. I wanted that guy dead about 5 minutes after he made his first appearance in the show. The showdown with Raylen was the way it needed to happen, the 2 gunmen staring each other down. But I thought for sure that Loretta was going to pick up Boones gun and finish him off.

BTW Boones hat did not look right on Raylen. You can't put the black hat on the good guy (even if it was brown).
peelout
4/15/2015 10:25am
DownSouth wrote:
I'm sorry to see it go, Justified was one of my favorite shows the past few years, but at least the finale tied up all the...
I'm sorry to see it go, Justified was one of my favorite shows the past few years, but at least the finale tied up all the loose ends with the main characters.

I was glad to finally see Boone offed. I wanted that guy dead about 5 minutes after he made his first appearance in the show. The showdown with Raylen was the way it needed to happen, the 2 gunmen staring each other down. But I thought for sure that Loretta was going to pick up Boones gun and finish him off.

BTW Boones hat did not look right on Raylen. You can't put the black hat on the good guy (even if it was brown).
i wanted the hipster in the cafe (did you realize that was Gareth from Walking Dead?) to actually stand up for himself a few episodes ago, but that wouldn't have made much sense as you could tell Boone was looking for a fight.

i actually started to appreciate Boone as a character on the show, but i liked his death even more. the gun-fight was awesome.

The Shop

vet323
4/15/2015 11:13am
peelout wrote:
*SPOILERS BELOW really enjoyed how the story ended and especially the final exchange with Boyd and Raylan, i'm a little bummed that it's over though. i...
*SPOILERS BELOW

really enjoyed how the story ended and especially the final exchange with Boyd and Raylan, i'm a little bummed that it's over though.

i was never really able to feel much towards Ava, but i thought the "happy ending" for her was well done. she had been abused by every male character since she first appeared on the show, it was fitting that she get away from the toxic abuse.

i also really liked how Boone admitted to always shooting for the head ended up being his final demise. that "high noon" showdown was really well done.

after Deadwood and now Justified, i feel like Timothy Olyphant is this generation's Clint Eastwood or John Wayne. he played a great role in Justified.

That head-shot thing is what I saw when Raylan sat up. I actually said "THAT'S why you don't go for a head-shot, dummy!" out loud, waking up my wife.

Markham's death was good, too. And I was kinda ok with Winn Duffy getting out in one piece- he's the cockroach of Harlan County.
JPT
4/15/2015 1:08pm
Thought they pulled it together well. Had figured principals would die, nice turn around. Going to miss the show.
4/16/2015 9:53am
I thought it was well done and a satisfying conclusion. I too will miss the show.
Jakes Dad
4/16/2015 5:52pm
I loved the business name Duffy had on the van!
In the beginning Boyd was somewhat the preacher recruiting the skinheads, looked like history repeating itself to me.
My wife right away said that hat didn't look right on Raylon.
I liked the way him and Art parted ways.
Yeah that fucking goober Boone should have been put down after the "café incident".

I still like the scene I mentioned before where the dumbass hippie bomb maker made it a point to tell Duffy and his partner not to bring cell phones into the building. Then he hears a phone ringing and realized it was his just before he vaporized!
Grieby54
4/17/2015 7:56am
Loved the show and thought every character was extremely well acted. I really enjoyed Boone's character and thought the showdown was cool. I also couldn't have thought of a better last interaction between Boyd and Raylan, because you could tell that in spite of them be at eternal odds, you could tell there was some sort of brotherly love/respect there.
4/17/2015 8:44am
Grieby54 wrote:
Loved the show and thought every character was extremely well acted. I really enjoyed Boone's character and thought the showdown was cool. I also couldn't have...
Loved the show and thought every character was extremely well acted. I really enjoyed Boone's character and thought the showdown was cool. I also couldn't have thought of a better last interaction between Boyd and Raylan, because you could tell that in spite of them be at eternal odds, you could tell there was some sort of brotherly love/respect there.
Yep. They dug coal. What a great ending.
AZ35
Fantasy
550th
4/17/2015 12:38pm
Agreed, very well done ending.

Too bad it is over, they hadn't "jump the shark" (yet) and could have gone another season or two IMO.

I never watched the first 3 seasons but this place turned me onto it, went out and bought the first 3 seasons. Hooked ever since.

Loved the Boone and Markham characters, nice final season addition to the cast.

Boyd Crowder character was great, Walton Groggins is an amazing actor (he was great in "The Wire" too).
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2421st
4/21/2015 5:02am Edited Date/Time 4/21/2015 5:24am
I just watched the last episode. Holy Shit! btw, Ive watched every episode....hahah get a life

Nothing like calling the Lords Name in vain from the pulpit.

If you don't live in the deep south bible belt, you won't get it.-....

That ended it well.

I'm still pissed its over though.

it has left me wanting more.....such a great series
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2421st
4/21/2015 5:29am
Jakes Dad wrote:
I loved the business name Duffy had on the van! In the beginning Boyd was somewhat the preacher recruiting the skinheads, looked like history repeating itself...
I loved the business name Duffy had on the van!
In the beginning Boyd was somewhat the preacher recruiting the skinheads, looked like history repeating itself to me.
My wife right away said that hat didn't look right on Raylon.
I liked the way him and Art parted ways.
Yeah that fucking goober Boone should have been put down after the "café incident".

I still like the scene I mentioned before where the dumbass hippie bomb maker made it a point to tell Duffy and his partner not to bring cell phones into the building. Then he hears a phone ringing and realized it was his just before he vaporized!

definitely a lol moment... I love these showws. seems as though cleaning up and disposal of dead bodies is normal....and you wonder why some peeps are so fucked up thinking they can get away with shit..
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
4/21/2015 2:52pm
Totally bummed my favorite show is over. I'm pretty sure something will be back though.
there's still $10,000,000 buried in the hills there.

Post a reply to: Justified finale

The Latest