Josh Howard just another NBA punk

SEEMEFIRST
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 6:29pm
"We got the Star Spangled Banner goin’ on right now, I don’t even celebrate that $@!*…I’m black."
Josh Howard on the star spangled banner

What a POS.
|
PastranaWho
9/17/2008 8:48am
Hes angry at the white men for giving him millions to throw a damn ball through a hoop.
SEEMEFIRST
9/17/2008 9:57am
He's a hot shot Maverick player. He said it at a charity fund raising flag football game Alan Iverson puts on every year. Someone video taped him during the opening ceremony with a cell phone

I'm no basketball fan, but living here you can't avoid news about it.
fcr
9/17/2008 10:01am
Have you heard the term, "Shitting in your own mess kit"?
SEEMEFIRST
9/17/2008 10:06am
Apparently he hasn't. Mark Cuban says he'll put him through some communication classes. WTF??? I believe he communicated how he feels perfectly, he should fine the hell out of him. Enough where this millionaire thug understands where his paycheck comes from.

There are a lot of pissed off fans around here, and while many will likely forget about all this when he starts helping win games, many will not, and Cuban will know about it.

The Shop

fcr
9/17/2008 10:15am
I am so over the attitude of the NBA players. I quit watching back when Pippen would not go into a game because the play was designed for tony Kucoc(sp). I now pay attention but could care less. I follow the college game more. I still don't like the attitude of, "I am the greatest". I wish they would show a little humility.
The problem lies with the system for young players. The AAU circuit. Those guys are absolutely the same in attitude of Howard, it starts around 10 years old. I was at a hotel in LA when a major summer tournament was happening. The guys that were there were HS age and arrogant as could be. They had no realization that most of them would not be playing Division I BB. And most if not all, would not make the Pro's.
bultokid
9/17/2008 7:10pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 8:29pm
The NBA ceased to exist after The Showtime Era of Magic & Bird. It's pure crap these days has evident by the large group of fans that disguise themselves as empty seats these days at NBA games and the steady decline in TV ratings. Back to #3 status and fighting it out with the NHL for those "prime" slots on Spike TV.
dookiepie37
9/17/2008 7:15pm
Josh Howard is black? Hell, I thought he was African American. Had no idea they were the same thing. I am so glad a pro basketball player cleared that up for me.
9/17/2008 7:19pm
bultokid wrote:
The NBA ceased to exist after The Showtime Era of Magic & Bird. It's pure crap these days has evident by the large group of fans...
The NBA ceased to exist after The Showtime Era of Magic & Bird. It's pure crap these days has evident by the large group of fans that disguise themselves as empty seats these days at NBA games and the steady decline in TV ratings. Back to #3 status and fighting it out with the NHL for those "prime" slots on Spike TV.
Errrrrt wrong remember this guy? He kept it going for a bit after Magic and Bird.

bultokid
9/17/2008 7:39pm
bultokid wrote:
The NBA ceased to exist after The Showtime Era of Magic & Bird. It's pure crap these days has evident by the large group of fans...
Errrrrt wrong remember this guy? He kept it going for a bit after Magic and Bird. [img]http://www.sports-photos.com/catalog/images/MichaelJordan3Clr.tif.jpg[/img]
Errrrrt wrong remember this guy? He kept it going for a bit after Magic and Bird.

MJ is of the same mold, pure player, just few years behind the other guys to me.
CRF122
9/17/2008 7:45pm
If you couldn't catch a cab in that shit town, you wouldn't be very patriotic either.
jtomasik
9/17/2008 8:30pm
Big f'in deal. Free speech. Just like flag burning, white hippies in the 1960's. That clown's the least of this country's problems. We need to be worried about what church Obama went to and whether Palin rides snowmobiles. Those are what will fix this country.
Big Lenny
9/17/2008 9:37pm
I heard you J, it was a bullshit comment, Shit I do it all the time...
SEEMEFIRST
9/18/2008 7:51am
Yep, and he works in a "Right to work" state. If his boss had a ball hair one, he could fire him for "Actions detrimental to the club".

Once that asshole signed his contract, his ass belongs to the Mavericks, but the new world thug asshole athlete just doesn't understand that, and the league and it's owners are too cowardly to fix it.
9/18/2008 7:55am
CRF122 wrote:
If you couldn't catch a cab in that shit town, you wouldn't be very patriotic either.
LOl you havent been to Dallas before have you?
Bob693
9/18/2008 8:15am
I was impressed with Kobe and Lebron at the olympics. They were proud to represent our country and were thankful for the opportunity. Haven't been an nba fan since MJ retired but thought both those guys had great attitudes and I hope they represent us again. There are too many thugs in the league but those guys were class acts while in china.
jmar
9/18/2008 8:50am
CRF122 wrote:
I am also bettng he's never been to the Big D.
SEEMEFIRST
9/18/2008 8:52am
You're damned right!

It's that attitide that has gotten us where we are today. How do you think Vince Lombardi would have reacted if Bart Starr had said the same thing on film?

I'd suggest you not preach your nonsense to your employees, you might be hard pressed to find customers if they knew you were a bunch of America haters.
Titan
9/18/2008 8:54am
What about that white guy that talked about those girl basketball players...he was just excercising his freedom of speech, and as you know "Freedom of speech includes the freedom to say impossibly stupid shit". What he said was stupid, but were you up in arms when he lost his job? (as a result of Al sharpton and crew).

fcr
9/18/2008 9:01am
When Roseann pulled her Shit, I didn't like it. It was totally wrong and she set a poor example. She deserved the fallout that she attracted.
Yeah he has freedom of speech but he is also a representative of the NBA. They are having problems with marketing that they are trying to overcome. He needs to understand that. These guys are entertainers nothing more. Not only is he jeprodizing the NBA, he is also doing the same for his team and himself. He is on stage 24/7.
SEEMEFIRST
9/18/2008 9:05am
fcr wrote:
When Roseann pulled her Shit, I didn't like it. It was totally wrong and she set a poor example. She deserved the fallout that she attracted...
When Roseann pulled her Shit, I didn't like it. It was totally wrong and she set a poor example. She deserved the fallout that she attracted.
Yeah he has freedom of speech but he is also a representative of the NBA. They are having problems with marketing that they are trying to overcome. He needs to understand that. These guys are entertainers nothing more. Not only is he jeprodizing the NBA, he is also doing the same for his team and himself. He is on stage 24/7.
Forget about it FCR, they'll never get it.

Bonepony, the granola bars and Perrier are on aisle 7.
CRF122
9/18/2008 9:22am
Once, and i came back without my wallet.

Just kidding, it was cool.
SEEMEFIRST
9/18/2008 9:23am
CRF122 wrote:

That was Oak Cliff, not Dallas.Wink
9/18/2008 9:29am
CRF122 wrote:

Well my point was Howard would have no problem getting a cab in Dallas. Dallas isnt a very racist part of TX.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
9/18/2008 2:21pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 8:30pm
Up until this year I worked a few nights a week as a bouncer at some down town Denver clubs and Most all the Basketball players that came in were dirtbags. Kenyon Martin is a total getto thug POS and we tossed him and his crew out lots of times and he would cry like a little girl when we did it.

Carmelo Anthony is only a little better than K-mart was but is still a dirtbag. I worked a party at club beyond that Chauncey Billups put on and it turned into a total riot when the getto trash thugs all started talking trash to each other and then throwing chairs , we just left the club and let the Denver PD going in a beat them all down.

Most of the Denver Broncos football players dont cause any trouble now that Al Lewis is gone and we had more problems with tough guy fans starting trouble with the players. No problem with any of the Rockies baseball players.
CRF122
9/18/2008 2:29pm
Who is Al Lewis? DD Lewis? Al Lewis was grampa munster
CRF122
9/18/2008 2:31pm

He doen't look like a trouble maker.
CRF122
9/18/2008 2:38pm

He looks a little more pissed Smile
9/18/2008 2:44pm
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
You're damned right! It's that attitide that has gotten us where we are today. How do you think Vince Lombardi would have reacted if Bart Starr...
You're damned right!

It's that attitide that has gotten us where we are today. How do you think Vince Lombardi would have reacted if Bart Starr had said the same thing on film?

I'd suggest you not preach your nonsense to your employees, you might be hard pressed to find customers if they knew you were a bunch of America haters.
You guys would've loved the Alien and Sedition Acts.

Post a reply to: Josh Howard just another NBA punk

The Latest