Joe Paterno

Bill_Carroll
Fantasy
724th
Edited Date/Time 1/23/2012 1:33am
Amid the growing controversy if Joe had knowledge of former ass-coach Jerry Sandusky's petafile accusations is pure media driven. Mr. Paterno had full confidence in his peers when the accusation broke out more than 10 years ago (according to ESPN) to do the right thing and investigate the matter while he did his job.
Instead the issue was brushed under the rug (held by media) until Mr. Paterno won his 409th game. Penn State is running scared right now terminating everyone in it's wake to help gain respect back that Mr. Paterno has accomplished for the small school (35,000 students) and I don't think the media had that in mind when the story broke but now that Penn officials are running scared they and the media may have a frenzy on their hands.

Mr. Paterno was a fantastic person let alone Coach, He knew how to help kids grow past their "know-it-all" stage and become leaders in society to help other, in his 61 year tenure he developed a young school into a power-house, there for implementing an avenue for funds to help the University grow.

The media and the University are out of bounds on this call and need to take a second look at their obligations, of course Sandusky may be liable for his actions but why does the media always go after the most publicized person next to him? You got it! IT SELLS!!!

No matter if it destroys all good for 61 years.
|
TDeath21
11/9/2011 9:49pm
SO stupid for Penn State to fire him. I guess someone had to be the scapegoat. Absolutely ridiculous. They're just trying to save their own ass by firing him. After all he did for that university to end it like this is just pathetic by Penn State.
drmarkr
11/9/2011 10:18pm
You Paterno defenders are full of shit.....absolutely so. This is a quote from the grand jury report. How do you think that ten year old felt seeing someone who could help him just walk away?

On March 1, 2002, a Penn State graduate assistant ("graduate assistant who was then 28 years old, entered the locker room at the Lasch Football Building on the University Park Campus on a Friday night near the beginning of Spring Break.

The graduate assistant, who was familiar with Sandusky, was going to put some newly purchased sneakers in his locker and get some recruiting tapes to watch. It was about 9:30 p.m. As the graduate assistant entered the locker room doors, he was surprised to find the lights and showers on. He then heard slapping sounds.He believed the sounds to be those of sexual activity. As the graduate assistant put the sneakers in his locker, he looked into the shower. He saw a naked boy, Victim 2, whose age he estimated to be 10 years old, with his hands up against the wall, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Sandusky. The graduate assistant was shocked but noticed that both Victim 2 and Sandusky saw him. The graduate assistant left immediately, distraught.

The graduate assistant went to his office and called his father, reporting to him what he had seen. His father told the graduate assistant to leave the building and come to his home. The graduate assistant and his father decided that the graduate assistant had to report what he had seen to Coach Joe Paterno ("Paterno"), head football coach of Penn State. The next morning, a Saturday, the graduate assistant telephoned Paterno and went to Paterno's home, where he reported what he had seen.

Joseph V. Paterno testified to receiving the graduate assistant's report at his home on a Saturday morning. Paterno testified that the graduate assistant was very upset. Paterno called Tim Curley ("Curley"), Penn State Athletic Director and Paterno's immediate superior, to his home the very next day, a Sunday, and reported to him that the graduate assistant had seen Jerry Sandusky in the Lasch Building showers fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy.

Approximately one and a half weeks later, the graduate assistant was called to a meeting with Penn State Athletic Director Curley and Senior Vice President for Finance and Business Gary Schultz ("Schultz"). The graduate assistant reported to Curley and Schultz that he had witnessed what he believed to be Sandusky having anal sex with a boy in the Lasch Building showers. Curley and Schultz assured the graduate assistant that they would look into it and determine what further action they would take. Paterno was not present for this meeting.

The graduate assistant heard back from Curley a couple of weeks later. He was told that Sandusky's keys to the locker room were taken away and that the incident had been reported to The Second Mile. The graduate assistant was never questioned by University Police and no other entity conducted an investigation until he testified in Grand Jury in December, 2010. The Grand Jury finds the graduate assistant's testimony to be extremely credible.
Bill_Carroll
Fantasy
724th
11/9/2011 10:33pm
I don't believe that for a second, but I do believe when there's smoke there's fire. something happened.
we'll see when it all comes out and with today's coverage?

It will come out!

The Shop

11/9/2011 11:10pm
So if you were JoePa and you reported what you had been told to the AD, and then nothing further happened wouldn't you feel that something was wrong? How could you sleep at night without feeling the slightest bit of guilt.

There is going to be much, much more that comes out about this in the near future...
newmann
11/10/2011 4:33am
Amid the growing controversy if Joe had knowledge of former ass-coach Jerry Sandusky's petafile accusations is pure media driven. Mr. Paterno had full confidence in his...
Amid the growing controversy if Joe had knowledge of former ass-coach Jerry Sandusky's petafile accusations is pure media driven. Mr. Paterno had full confidence in his peers when the accusation broke out more than 10 years ago (according to ESPN) to do the right thing and investigate the matter while he did his job.
Instead the issue was brushed under the rug (held by media) until Mr. Paterno won his 409th game. Penn State is running scared right now terminating everyone in it's wake to help gain respect back that Mr. Paterno has accomplished for the small school (35,000 students) and I don't think the media had that in mind when the story broke but now that Penn officials are running scared they and the media may have a frenzy on their hands.

Mr. Paterno was a fantastic person let alone Coach, He knew how to help kids grow past their "know-it-all" stage and become leaders in society to help other, in his 61 year tenure he developed a young school into a power-house, there for implementing an avenue for funds to help the University grow.

The media and the University are out of bounds on this call and need to take a second look at their obligations, of course Sandusky may be liable for his actions but why does the media always go after the most publicized person next to him? You got it! IT SELLS!!!

This was quoted from Paterno, “This is a tragedy,” Paterno said. “It is one of the great sorrows of my life. With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more.”

Sounds to me like he knew that ten year olds were getting pounded in the ass and he did nothing. So thirteen more got it after victim 2 was reported to him according to "media". Not sure how anyone could defend that.
tbanks
11/10/2011 4:52am
Amid the growing controversy if Joe had knowledge of former ass-coach Jerry Sandusky's petafile accusations is pure media driven. Mr. Paterno had full confidence in his...

newmann wrote:
This was quoted from Paterno, “This is a tragedy,” Paterno said. “It is one of the great sorrows of my life. With the benefit of hindsight...
This was quoted from Paterno, “This is a tragedy,” Paterno said. “It is one of the great sorrows of my life. With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more.”

Sounds to me like he knew that ten year olds were getting pounded in the ass and he did nothing. So thirteen more got it after victim 2 was reported to him according to "media". Not sure how anyone could defend that.
^^^^This

The whole situation was handled poorly and it should have been brought to light years ago. Paterno and many others knew about it but nothing was done. IMO he deserves to be fired and even he knows it.
SteveS
11/10/2011 5:58am
The one thing left out of all this is the culpability of the one person who truly had responsibility to report. The ONLY eyewitness, the ONLY person who would not be repeating hearsay if he reported it. For that matter, the only person who could have stopped the event in midcourse by shouting out or doing something. To me that's a bit odd that an adult who witnessed the event wouldn't call the abuse hotline himself.
jndmx
11/10/2011 7:38am
Enabled what?
Anal rape of young boys is what he enabled........

Are you defending that?
Bill_Carroll
Fantasy
724th
11/10/2011 7:51am Edited Date/Time 11/10/2011 7:52am
Enabled what?
jndmx wrote:

Are you defending that?
Not at all, I have four Daughters and I would be the first to drag the person/people that done something like this down a stone road then tie them up on a pole above red ants.
my opinion about this incident is that why didn't the president of the university do anything about it when it was brought to his attention Ten years ago?
And why is the person that seen what ever happen still working there aswell? if Joe Paterno went to his boss the same as this person that seen something why is'nt he fired aswell?
Because the media recognizes Joe more not this (who is he?) person who seen something that why.

I'm not defending anyone here besides the victims involved, I am making a point how the media can drive someone out of a job even if he went to his peers about the situation.
jndmx
11/10/2011 8:05am
Joe Paterno was one of many, many people who covered up child rape to protect a fucking sports team and, surprise, he made himself the face of Penn State football, so of course he’s going to be the biggest target. That’s the price of a “legacy.”
11/10/2011 8:05am
Enabled what?
jndmx wrote:

Are you defending that?
Not at all, I have four Daughters and I would be the first to drag the person/people that done something like this down a stone road...
Not at all, I have four Daughters and I would be the first to drag the person/people that done something like this down a stone road then tie them up on a pole above red ants.
my opinion about this incident is that why didn't the president of the university do anything about it when it was brought to his attention Ten years ago?
And why is the person that seen what ever happen still working there aswell? if Joe Paterno went to his boss the same as this person that seen something why is'nt he fired aswell?
Because the media recognizes Joe more not this (who is he?) person who seen something that why.

I'm not defending anyone here besides the victims involved, I am making a point how the media can drive someone out of a job even if he went to his peers about the situation.
I am pretty sure all of them are being driven out of a job (and rightfully so) Paterno is the "boss" there regardless of the PSU's corporate flow chart. He enabled it and I think it is unfortunate that he is not going to jail with his buddy.
PD441
11/10/2011 8:23am
newmann wrote:
This was quoted from Paterno, “This is a tragedy,” Paterno said. “It is one of the great sorrows of my life. With the benefit of hindsight...

"...benefit of hindsight, I wish I'd done more."

Only because now that the cat is out of the bag. I'm sure Paterno would have happily finished out his life coaching the Nittany Lions, taking this scandal to the grave. The students protesting his firing are fucking clueless.

Bottom line is he knew what was going on and knew more should have been done to rectify the situation.

I don't understand how anyone involved in this cover-up can live with themselves. Scumbags.
Bill_Carroll
Fantasy
724th
11/10/2011 8:31am
I am pretty sure all of them are being driven out of a job (and rightfully so) Paterno is the "boss" there regardless of the PSU's...
I am pretty sure all of them are being driven out of a job (and rightfully so) Paterno is the "boss" there regardless of the PSU's corporate flow chart. He enabled it and I think it is unfortunate that he is not going to jail with his buddy.
He and all involved will be going to jail if convicted no matter his age or what he has done
Hut
11/10/2011 8:39am
PD441 wrote:
"...benefit of hindsight, I wish I'd done more." Only because now that the cat is out of the bag. I'm sure Paterno would have happily finished...
"...benefit of hindsight, I wish I'd done more."

Only because now that the cat is out of the bag. I'm sure Paterno would have happily finished out his life coaching the Nittany Lions, taking this scandal to the grave. The students protesting his firing are fucking clueless.

Bottom line is he knew what was going on and knew more should have been done to rectify the situation.

I don't understand how anyone involved in this cover-up can live with themselves. Scumbags.
and the thousands rioting in protest of Joe Pa being fired are a disgrace.
MotoX85
11/10/2011 11:53am
IF....IF.....If he knew about the incidents, SOB needs to burn. Charge him with the same crimes as the offender. Can't wait till he gets to prison, they will be waiting for him in receiving to welcome his ASS (literally)
Sondy132001
11/10/2011 11:57am
Racer92 wrote:
[img]http://sp1.fotolog.com/photo/49/51/113/cechegoyen/1212950191839_f.jpg[/img]
you roll me Racer !! hahahahahah

S
TeamGreen
11/11/2011 9:48am
Dear Coach Joe,

While little boys were getting Raped, you stood by and did fucking nothing.

Good-bye, coach.

You are NOT a Hero.

You are NOT even a "man".
11/11/2011 5:37pm
SteveS wrote:
The one thing left out of all this is the culpability of the one person who truly had responsibility to report. The ONLY eyewitness, the ONLY...
The one thing left out of all this is the culpability of the one person who truly had responsibility to report. The ONLY eyewitness, the ONLY person who would not be repeating hearsay if he reported it. For that matter, the only person who could have stopped the event in midcourse by shouting out or doing something. To me that's a bit odd that an adult who witnessed the event wouldn't call the abuse hotline himself.
I wish more people thought like you.
Bill_Carroll
Fantasy
724th
11/11/2011 7:00pm
SteveS wrote:
The one thing left out of all this is the culpability of the one person who truly had responsibility to report. The ONLY eyewitness, the ONLY...
TripleFive wrote:
I wish more people thought like you.
This "Mike McQueary" is at fault here as if he committed the crime if not more, seeing something and not going to the appropriate authorities to report what he seen is subject to a "town hanging" with his ass coach Sandusky.

The shit is going to come to the surface as judgment day (courts) for all involved comes closer and I may seem naive here but I don't think Paterno knew of the extent of the sandusky's affairs..

Really? How could a top official of a top University look the other way while this was happening? with so many individuals being involved? I (my opinion) think Spanier tried to keep this shit-hole of a scandal under wraps and kept telling personnel that he took care of it.
Another question arises as to why would paterno not look further into this AFTER 10 YEARS This is what my question is.

McQueary should have been fired along with Spanier and Paterno in the washing of this but for some reason the University kept Mcqueary on until today when he received death threats he decided to bale. Was the University trying to keep him around for questioning to get it's story straight?

This whole thing is mind boggling TO SAY THE LEAST and should be televised like the O.J Simpson trial. MEDIA

Post a reply to: Joe Paterno

The Latest