Iran!?

NP301
Edited Date/Time 2/14/2014 5:58am
|
Sully
2/9/2014 3:51pm
Whoever wrote that is an idiot. I had to stop reading when the writer said the Iranian ships were headed for "American waters." Jesus, where do they grow these people? Iran isn't exactly being run by MENSA members, but there's no way they're dumb enough to attack the US with 2 frigate-sized ships – especially when you consider that there's at least one carrier battle group in the Persian Gulf that could be parked right off Iran's coast within hours of any attack on the US.

Do yourself a favor and stay off of those kinds of sites, ignorance like that doesn't need to be spread around as any kind of truth.
500guy
2/9/2014 4:23pm
Sully wrote:
Whoever wrote that is an idiot. I had to stop reading when the writer said the Iranian ships were headed for "American waters." Jesus, where do...
Whoever wrote that is an idiot. I had to stop reading when the writer said the Iranian ships were headed for "American waters." Jesus, where do they grow these people? Iran isn't exactly being run by MENSA members, but there's no way they're dumb enough to attack the US with 2 frigate-sized ships – especially when you consider that there's at least one carrier battle group in the Persian Gulf that could be parked right off Iran's coast within hours of any attack on the US.

Do yourself a favor and stay off of those kinds of sites, ignorance like that doesn't need to be spread around as any kind of truth.
So I guess the National News was wrong this morning ?

The threat is real and Obama and his people are idiots for even thinking about easing the sanctions on Iran
Sully
2/9/2014 5:38pm
Sully wrote:
Whoever wrote that is an idiot. I had to stop reading when the writer said the Iranian ships were headed for "American waters." Jesus, where do...

500guy wrote:
So I guess the National News was wrong this morning ? The threat is real and Obama and his people are idiots for even thinking about...
So I guess the National News was wrong this morning ?

The threat is real and Obama and his people are idiots for even thinking about easing the sanctions on Iran
If they said an attack is "highly likely" as the original website did, then yes, they were wrong.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/08/world/meast/iran-navy/
From the article -
""It's important to understand that, at this point, we have an announcement not a deployment. They've stated this aspiration before,' said the defense official, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter.

In 2011, Iran twice announced plans to send ships toward the U.S. maritime borders."

I agree with you that Iran is a threat, and Obama and his people are idiots for thinking about easing sanctions, I just don't agree that this particular action is anything other than saber rattling.
2/9/2014 5:49pm
Symmetrical warfare with the United States is foolish without a massive coalition of allies. There is not a single nation that would stand a chance in waging war on American soil.

The Shop

500guy
2/9/2014 7:41pm
I don't think anyone is worried they would actually make it here to do anything with a Boat or Ship.

it's still bullshit we even consider making any deals with these radical pieces of shit.
NP301
2/9/2014 7:49pm
500guy wrote:
I don't think anyone is worried they would actually make it here to do anything with a Boat or Ship. it's still bullshit we even consider...
I don't think anyone is worried they would actually make it here to do anything with a Boat or Ship.

it's still bullshit we even consider making any deals with these radical pieces of shit.
This^^
Sandberm
2/9/2014 9:01pm Edited Date/Time 2/9/2014 9:02pm
I remember a couple years ago it was a foregone conclusion anounced in mid November that Israel was going to bomb Irans burgeoning nuke plants by Christmas. I remember it like it was yesterday. Every political pundit was saying it was going to happen.

Remember folks, war sells copy.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
2/9/2014 9:06pm Edited Date/Time 2/9/2014 9:06pm
Har at the "National News"... It's legitDry
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
2/10/2014 8:12am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2014 8:41am
You have understand Iranian Influence all throughout the middle East and Middle Eastern politics in general.
This is simply a demonstration - not a deployment of attack or threat to the USA.
It's more so being done to send a message to the Middle East capability wise and using US maritime borders to help boost the show.Iran has a huge influence all throughout the Middle East,especially in Iraq right now.
It's pretty much a "hey,look at me sorta deal" for Iran.
The people cheer ect... and it helps further their influence.
It's sorta like what North Korea does every now & then....like shooting the missiles and doing tests.
They get a ton of coverage and support throughout their country.
It's nothing but games....and maybe even a little skirmish,if they even take it that far.

If Iran was planning operations against the US on US soil,it would be far more covert.
My best guess would be...
They would first use Hezbollah cells out of Mexico that do indeed have close ties with cartels down there....and it would be more terrorist type missions for political gain.Then they would also use how the US responded - to help further their agenda(just like with AQ).
Then they would beef up a conventional type presence with their allies.
Then the real mess would begin.

Another thing.
Al Shabaab aligning itself with al Qaeda and residing in Mexico would also support Iran.
They catch those guys often trying to come into the US through the Mexican border.
They are down there also.
TeamGreen
2/10/2014 8:45am
If those ass-clowns EVER sailed up on our borders or our fleet with ANY sort of Hostile Intentions?

The Article would be titled: "Iranian War-Ships Disappear. US says, 'No Comment' "
kongols
2/10/2014 8:49am
TeamGreen wrote:
If those ass-clowns EVER sailed up on our borders or our fleet with ANY sort of Hostile Intentions? The Article would be titled: "Iranian War-Ships Disappear...
If those ass-clowns EVER sailed up on our borders or our fleet with ANY sort of Hostile Intentions?

The Article would be titled: "Iranian War-Ships Disappear. US says, 'No Comment' "
LaughingLaughingLaughing Exactly!
2/10/2014 9:16am
That video was intended for Iranians to see. Kind of a "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" kind a deal. Similar to North Koreas videos. Keep the sheep in line.
jndmx
2/10/2014 9:40am
Looks like a reliable news source to me.....kinda like these.

scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
2/10/2014 3:34pm
500guy wrote:
I don't think anyone is worried they would actually make it here to do anything with a Boat or Ship. it's still bullshit we even consider...

it is a better option than arming the other side to attack them, how did that work out in the end?
motoracer633
2/10/2014 4:23pm
Making deals? Hell, the cia sold them a nuke detonator blueprint to see if they needed it or not! under gw bush by the way. Fast Freddy hit the nail on the head. On another note i just got a book from a cia guy about iran. i'm sure i'll be an expert in a couple of days! if i start ranting like that you'll know why.
The Rock
2/10/2014 6:31pm
500guy wrote:

scott_nz wrote:
it is a better option than arming the other side to attack them, how did that work out in the end?
Worked out great for defense companies and prosthetic manufacturers but not real well for Iraqi civilians and our servicemen and women.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
2/10/2014 6:46pm
The Rock wrote:
Worked out great for defense companies and prosthetic manufacturers but not real well for Iraqi civilians and our servicemen and women.
exactly, add the Afgan people into that as well,
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
2/10/2014 6:49pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2014 6:54pm
The Rock wrote:
scott_nz wrote:
You can also add Iran in there.
With Saddam gone / the Ba'ath Party out of power....the Iranian influence in Iraq is running wild again.
Maliki spends quite a bit of time in Tehran these days.
2/10/2014 6:53pm
Making deals? Hell, the cia sold them a nuke detonator blueprint to see if they needed it or not! under gw bush by the way. Fast...
Making deals? Hell, the cia sold them a nuke detonator blueprint to see if they needed it or not! under gw bush by the way. Fast Freddy hit the nail on the head. On another note i just got a book from a cia guy about iran. i'm sure i'll be an expert in a couple of days! if i start ranting like that you'll know why.
I don't think the nuke detonator deal happened under Bush. I read a book a few years back that said it happened in early 2000 under Clinton. I could be wrong. (Check with your cia guy.)
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
2/10/2014 7:53pm
The Rock wrote:
scott_nz wrote:
FastEddy wrote:
You can also add Iran in there. With Saddam gone / the Ba'ath Party out of power....the Iranian influence in Iraq is running wild again. Maliki...
You can also add Iran in there.
With Saddam gone / the Ba'ath Party out of power....the Iranian influence in Iraq is running wild again.
Maliki spends quite a bit of time in Tehran these days.
we can add a number of central and south american country's, but who's counting?

to be fair tho, these places were a cluster fuck long before the USA ever started inferring
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
2/10/2014 8:06pm
scott_nz wrote:
we can add a number of central and south american country's, but who's counting? to be fair tho, these places were a cluster fuck long before...
we can add a number of central and south american country's, but who's counting?

to be fair tho, these places were a cluster fuck long before the USA ever started inferring
Oh yeah,the violence has always existed on those lands since mesopotamian times.
In modern times it's either tribal violence or regime violence oppressing the people - take your pick.
It's just how they do it over there.
US pulls out of Iraq and the strong Iranian influence starts and it's tribal fighting & cluster fuck again.
The Rock
2/11/2014 12:54pm
FastEddy wrote:
Oh yeah,the violence has always existed on those lands since mesopotamian times. In modern times it's either tribal violence or regime violence oppressing the people -...
Oh yeah,the violence has always existed on those lands since mesopotamian times.
In modern times it's either tribal violence or regime violence oppressing the people - take your pick.
US pulls out of Iraq and the strong Iranian influence starts and it's tribal fighting & cluster fuck again.
Just wished we'd never pulled into Iraq. Can you imagine a United States of America where that war money would have instead have been spent on roads, bridges, hospitals, teachers, police and firemen? Instead of rebuilding our country the most tangible by product of our endless wars is the militarizing of US cities police forces while cities all over the US are dying.

Mind boggling.
philG
2/11/2014 3:36pm
FastEddy wrote:
Oh yeah,the violence has always existed on those lands since mesopotamian times. In modern times it's either tribal violence or regime violence oppressing the people -...
The Rock wrote:
Just wished we'd never pulled into Iraq. Can you imagine a United States of America where that war money would have instead have been spent on...
Just wished we'd never pulled into Iraq. Can you imagine a United States of America where that war money would have instead have been spent on roads, bridges, hospitals, teachers, police and firemen? Instead of rebuilding our country the most tangible by product of our endless wars is the militarizing of US cities police forces while cities all over the US are dying.

Mind boggling.
But how about just leaving them the fuck alone........

You have to realise that those people who are supposedly 'keeping you safe', are doing it to fill their own pockets , and for no other reason .. the 1% of the 1% make more money from war than they do from a prosperous economy.
Barrett57
2/12/2014 12:09am Edited Date/Time 2/12/2014 12:11am
philG wrote:
But how about just leaving them the fuck alone........ You have to realise that those people who are supposedly 'keeping you safe', are doing it to...
But how about just leaving them the fuck alone........

You have to realise that those people who are supposedly 'keeping you safe', are doing it to fill their own pockets , and for no other reason .. the 1% of the 1% make more money from war than they do from a prosperous economy.
Let me be scared of a country I've never been too and people I have never met, and let my fear back another completely pointless 10 year war, because the TV and internet says so.

How many years of lies does it take for people to stop eating up this utter bullshit?
IWreckALot
2/12/2014 7:48am
Making deals? Hell, the cia sold them a nuke detonator blueprint to see if they needed it or not! under gw bush by the way. Fast...
I don't think the nuke detonator deal happened under Bush. I read a book a few years back that said it happened in early 2000 under...
I don't think the nuke detonator deal happened under Bush. I read a book a few years back that said it happened in early 2000 under Clinton. I could be wrong. (Check with your cia guy.)
WTF is this book you speak of?

Haha. I chuckled a bit with the "Check with your cia guy".
TeamGreen
2/12/2014 5:42pm
I'm still laughin about this.

Iran.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

1/2 of 1 Missile Tube outta ANYTHING called "SSBN" and that place is a Parking Lot.

Iran.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA
motoracer633
2/14/2014 5:58am
I don't think the nuke detonator deal happened under Bush. I read a book a few years back that said it happened in early 2000 under...
IWreckALot wrote:
WTF is this book you speak of?

Haha. I chuckled a bit with the "Check with your cia guy".
I was joking but the book wasn't that great.

Post a reply to: Iran!?

The Latest