Incredible sh*t !

JAFO92
,,,,, chicken sh*t that is.

Been putting lots of crap from the chickens into the garden and man these fall green beans are loving it. I usually use peat moss to adjust pH, but this is working waaaay better.

Will have twice that much by the end of the weekend.

Them cluckers are sure good for more than just eggs !
|
10/20/2016 7:40am
looks nice but do they now taste like chicken shit or not thats the big question
Chu
10/20/2016 9:04am
Farmhand looks nice!
Prairieboy43
10/20/2016 9:17am
Green beans. Pickled with mustard. Mmm. Like Beefy fence, no weeds garden. Impressive Funny how wives smile in the garden. Cool

The Shop

JAFO92
10/20/2016 9:21am
Moens_Andy wrote:
looks nice but do they now taste like chicken shit or not thats the big question
Not at all. The best damn fertilize you can get if your soil can stand the acid. My dirt needs acid bad, so it puts my pH right where it needs to be as well as adds tons of nitrogen and organic matter.
bronwynrayne
10/20/2016 9:25am
I want chickens so bad, we live in a rental but our room mate is the owners son and I think we could get some...
Are the chickens worth the cost of keeping them? We eat a lot of eggs, and I want to start a garden aswell!
Congrats on your sweet beans!! I just did some pickled ones and they turned out amazing.
JAFO92
10/20/2016 9:47am
I want chickens so bad, we live in a rental but our room mate is the owners son and I think we could get some... Are...
I want chickens so bad, we live in a rental but our room mate is the owners son and I think we could get some...
Are the chickens worth the cost of keeping them? We eat a lot of eggs, and I want to start a garden aswell!
Congrats on your sweet beans!! I just did some pickled ones and they turned out amazing.
In recent years we've tried Barred Plymouth Rock, Australorps and now have Silver Laced Wyandottes. (and have had tons of RhodeIsland Reds, Sex Links and plain ole Leghorns) These Wyandottes are proving to be the best we've ever had.

Hope you can get you some yard bird eventually, seems gals really love raising them. We give away about 5 or 6 dozen eggs a week to neighbors, she just enjoys having them around.

bronwynrayne
10/20/2016 9:51am
I want chickens so bad, we live in a rental but our room mate is the owners son and I think we could get some... Are...
JAFO92 wrote:
In recent years we've tried Barred Plymouth Rock, Australorps and now have Silver Laced Wyandottes. (and have had tons of RhodeIsland Reds, Sex Links and plain...
In recent years we've tried Barred Plymouth Rock, Australorps and now have Silver Laced Wyandottes. (and have had tons of RhodeIsland Reds, Sex Links and plain ole Leghorns) These Wyandottes are proving to be the best we've ever had.

Hope you can get you some yard bird eventually, seems gals really love raising them. We give away about 5 or 6 dozen eggs a week to neighbors, she just enjoys having them around.

How many chickens do y'all have? That's a lot of eggs!
JAFO92
10/20/2016 10:11am
How many chickens do y'all have? That's a lot of eggs!
Right now we are at 15. But the number fluctuates, had a stinkin' coon early summer kill some so will get some more now that the weather is cooling down. The days are getting shorter so production is slowing.
JAFO92
10/20/2016 10:11am
A good chicken is a BBQ chicken.Woohoo
That comes later....... Whistling
Prairieboy43
10/20/2016 10:13am
We had barred rock chickens. Pretty bird. Two eggs/day. Chicken roost reminds me of an incident we had many years ago. Winter time, went to feed chickens. However the heat lamp burned out. The chicken shed froze overnight. The chickens froze in there roost. All perfectly froze. Lost about 25 chickens.

The other time our husky broke into chicken coop. He went blitzkrieg on chickens, killed many. I caught him in the act. He came over to me with chicken feathers all over him. Begging for forgiveness. Woohoo
jndmx
10/21/2016 10:58am
When I was a kid my mom always used chicken manure for the garden.
We lived in farm country so it was easy enough to get, one of my chores was shoveling it out.

Good stuff for growing veggies, stinks worse than cow manure any day though.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
10/21/2016 6:56pm
We have a few bantam chickens and they produce great eggs and works great for fertilizer. Just grabbed these from one of our cucumber plants.

Post a reply to: Incredible sh*t !

The Latest