In honor of Colorado moto this weekend

disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
5/29/2015 9:26am Edited Date/Time 6/2/2015 8:52am
In honor of Colorado moto this weekend, here's me crossing a mountain...

I took the KLR over Imogene Pass Colorado, the shortcut between Ouray and Telluride.

Join me for a ride on top of the world. This is why I moved!
https://youtu.be/pBslHc5Gqtg
|
Fantasy
4342nd
5/29/2015 9:50am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2015 10:08am
Man, I'm jealous. What a view! I picked up an XR650L a few months ago but there just isn't much around here to ride. I need to make a trip out west soon.
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
5/29/2015 10:11am
308 wrote:
Man, I'm jealous. What a view! I picked up an XR650L a few months ago but there just isn't much around here to ride. I need...
Man, I'm jealous. What a view! I picked up an XR650L a few months ago but there just isn't much around here to ride. I need to make a trip out west soon.
The XR is perfect for around here. I used to have one - loved it so much.

The KLR is a little chunky.
Fantasy
4342nd
5/29/2015 10:43am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2015 11:02am
disbanded wrote:
The XR is perfect for around here. I used to have one - loved it so much.

The KLR is a little chunky.
I hear those KLR's are bulletproof. Good enough for the Marines, anyway. The stock fuel capacity is much more than the XR. I just ordered an IMS tank on monday.
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
5/29/2015 10:58am
Man that is so dam cool. So flat here.

The Shop

5/29/2015 11:11am
Awesome video. Stunning scenery really. Living my whole life in an absolutely flat area made me apreciate mountains a whole lot. Would love to do some Downhill Mountainbiking in areas like the video!
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
5/29/2015 12:37pm
Awesome video. Stunning scenery really. Living my whole life in an absolutely flat area made me apreciate mountains a whole lot. Would love to do some...
Awesome video. Stunning scenery really. Living my whole life in an absolutely flat area made me apreciate mountains a whole lot. Would love to do some Downhill Mountainbiking in areas like the video!
Here are a few local downhill videos I took with the GoPro.

https://youtu.be/yTai7Y4dNNk

https://youtu.be/8sk6tmb_AMs
peelout
5/29/2015 1:12pm
awesome video Disbanded, lol love the pop-a-wheelie montage at the end.

i've wondered how to edit my Mexico footage into something that I can actually just sit down and watch like a 5-10 minute video and you gave me a great idea, really like how you skipped sections to the interest points and then blended in still-frame photos. one of these days i'm going to put my video together.

thanks again for sharing, looks like an awesome ride
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
5/29/2015 1:26pm
peelout wrote:
awesome video Disbanded, lol love the pop-a-wheelie montage at the end. i've wondered how to edit my Mexico footage into something that I can actually just...

i've wondered how to edit my Mexico footage into something that I can actually just sit down and watch like a 5-10 minute video and you gave me a great idea, really like how you skipped sections to the interest points and then blended in still-frame photos. one of these days i'm going to put my video together.

Hey thanks peely! I've made around 10 GoPro videos so far and kind of developed a style.

Really glad you like it!
peelout
5/29/2015 2:47pm
peelout wrote:
awesome video Disbanded, lol love the pop-a-wheelie montage at the end. i've wondered how to edit my Mexico footage into something that I can actually just...

disbanded wrote:
Hey thanks peely! I've made around 10 GoPro videos so far and kind of developed a style. Really glad you like it!
Hey thanks peely! I've made around 10 GoPro videos so far and kind of developed a style.

Really glad you like it!
how about i mail you my GoPro cards, a few nudes of Meg, and a 30 rack and you just do it for me?

LOL
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
5/29/2015 3:02pm
peelout wrote:
how about i mail you my GoPro cards, a few nudes of Meg, and a 30 rack and you just do it for me?

LOL
I had visions of my video motivating you to run home and start creating your masterpiece!
peelout
5/29/2015 3:22pm
peelout wrote:

LOL
disbanded wrote:
I had visions of my video motivating you to run home and start creating your masterpiece!
i mean i'm motivated, but the only time i have a computer to do anything worth a shit on it's at work, i don't have a decent setup or even the internet at home.

but i know some people... you got the hamster turning the wheel
Old-Man
6/1/2015 8:14am
Damn Disbanded! I love that Pass! we like camping at the campgrounds in Ouray and do that pass around Labor day. getting back and sitting in the Hot springs is so reviving.

Dig the small town feel and all the dirt bikes parked on the road in front of the distillery's is something everyone show experience.

This house look familiar? it was built way back when they mined, guess the story is that when the house was built they had to ship the windows from Europe because they didn't make them here yet and they survived all these years until some vandals threw stones through them a few years ago.

Another cool story is not far from here is where the movie "True Grit" was fimed

peelout
6/1/2015 8:46am
Old-Man wrote:
Damn Disbanded! I love that Pass! we like camping at the campgrounds in Ouray and do that pass around Labor day. getting back and sitting in...
Damn Disbanded! I love that Pass! we like camping at the campgrounds in Ouray and do that pass around Labor day. getting back and sitting in the Hot springs is so reviving.

Dig the small town feel and all the dirt bikes parked on the road in front of the distillery's is something everyone show experience.

This house look familiar? it was built way back when they mined, guess the story is that when the house was built they had to ship the windows from Europe because they didn't make them here yet and they survived all these years until some vandals threw stones through them a few years ago.

Another cool story is not far from here is where the movie "True Grit" was fimed

that's it... i'm coming to Colorado for some adventure rides this year
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
6/1/2015 8:50am
Old-Man wrote:
Damn Disbanded! I love that Pass! we like camping at the campgrounds in Ouray and do that pass around Labor day. getting back and sitting in...

Heck yeah, I recognize that house - it's right at Camp Bird. Very strange to see it for the first time after coming over the pass from Telluride. Just seems so out of place.

I didn't know that about True Grit. Guess I'll have to watch it again...

The wife and I absolutely love this area. We have camped at the campgrounds in Ouray too.
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
6/1/2015 8:51am
peelout wrote:
i mean i'm motivated, but the only time i have a computer to do anything worth a shit on it's at work, i don't have a...
i mean i'm motivated, but the only time i have a computer to do anything worth a shit on it's at work, i don't have a decent setup or even the internet at home.

but i know some people... you got the hamster turning the wheel
Work: the perfect place to work on your GoPro videos...
Old-Man
6/2/2015 7:52am Edited Date/Time 6/2/2015 7:53am
disbanded wrote:
Heck yeah, I recognize that house - it's right at Camp Bird. Very strange to see it for the first time after coming over the pass...
Heck yeah, I recognize that house - it's right at Camp Bird. Very strange to see it for the first time after coming over the pass from Telluride. Just seems so out of place.

I didn't know that about True Grit. Guess I'll have to watch it again...

The wife and I absolutely love this area. We have camped at the campgrounds in Ouray too.
As you're headed out of Ouray and get to Ridgeway take a left, go three blocks and just after the town park on the right is a restaurant called True Grit Cafe". It has all the background on the Movie plus a ton of pics. Part of the Movie was shot there as this backdrop was in the Movie.

Plus they have good food, we make it our "Last stop" before heading home.

Old-Man
6/2/2015 8:03am
Whats funny as I read your "Wanted to live here since 3" in the other thread.
I don't think I can remember that far back but I certainly remember looking through a book when I was in Kindergarten and seeing how beautiful Colorado was. Remember telling everyone " I'm going to live in Colorado" when asked where I wanted to live.

Me, my wife and three Daughters at the time moved here in 98' just because that's where we wanted to be. We are avid outdoorsman any chance we get we're in the Mountains. We moved here debt free and in about 7 years we'll be there again when the Mortgage is paid. Good feeling to be able to go whenever you want, not being tied down to payments.Wink
huck
6/2/2015 8:03am
That's awesome. I've wanted to load the kids up and go atv'ing (on our 4 wheelers and side by sides) out there some time...It seems a bit 'overwhelming' though.
Old-Man
6/2/2015 8:05am
huck wrote:
That's awesome. I've wanted to load the kids up and go atv'ing (on our 4 wheelers and side by sides) out there some time...It seems a...
That's awesome. I've wanted to load the kids up and go atv'ing (on our 4 wheelers and side by sides) out there some time...It seems a bit 'overwhelming' though.
Save the Haul cost Huck, plenty of establishments out here to rent those toys
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
6/2/2015 8:35am
Old-Man wrote:
Whats funny as I read your "Wanted to live here since 3" in the other thread. I don't think I can remember that far back but...
Whats funny as I read your "Wanted to live here since 3" in the other thread.
I don't think I can remember that far back but I certainly remember looking through a book when I was in Kindergarten and seeing how beautiful Colorado was. Remember telling everyone " I'm going to live in Colorado" when asked where I wanted to live.

Me, my wife and three Daughters at the time moved here in 98' just because that's where we wanted to be. We are avid outdoorsman any chance we get we're in the Mountains. We moved here debt free and in about 7 years we'll be there again when the Mortgage is paid. Good feeling to be able to go whenever you want, not being tied down to payments.Wink
I threw out the 3 years old because it is 100% true!

The story goes...A few years ago I asked my mom about this memory I had of driving through the mountains and my dad got pulled over by the cops for speeding. I remember being scared of the cop, thinking my dad was in trouble - and I also remember thinking how much I loved the mountains, and how flat it was back home...

My mom looked at me like I was crazy and told me I was 3 years old when that happened. She didn't believe that I could remember that, but it is a crazy, vivid memory for me.

I knew I wanted to be in Colorado at that moment - at 3 years old. Unfortunately, it took me 35 years to get here...

Loved reading your post - sounds like we have a lot in common!

huck
6/2/2015 8:52am
huck wrote:
That's awesome. I've wanted to load the kids up and go atv'ing (on our 4 wheelers and side by sides) out there some time...It seems a...
Old-Man wrote:
Save the Haul cost Huck, plenty of establishments out here to rent those toys
Yeah, I've looked into those too.

Post a reply to: In honor of Colorado moto this weekend

The Latest