Hydrating with N/A beer

borg
Edited Date/Time 12/11/2014 3:35pm
I don't drink water. I used to drink gatoraid but don't really like it either. I don't like the energy drink buzz either. I read a couple of articles where runners use N/A beer for post workout hydration. Actually I drink it all the time at home anyway. According the articles, regular beer is not good because the alcohol dehydrates you. Makes sense that NA beer would be pretty good for hydration.
|
markit
12/10/2014 10:08pm
Beer and waters i all i drink....
Hman144
Fantasy
713th
12/11/2014 6:45am
Just out of curiosity, why do you have such an aversion to water?

I mean, if your goal is hydration....

A lot of times if I have the choice between a water and say, an iced tea, I'll choose the iced tea just for the taste. But man, after a workout or something like that, nothing hits the spot better than a tall drink o water. It's usually after I drink it that I get the "Man, that was good!" reaction.

H
Sandberm
12/11/2014 7:32am
Why dont you drink water? Montezumas revenge fears? High nitrate levels in your well? Fear of water fountains?

borg
12/11/2014 7:59am
Hman144 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, why do you have such an aversion to water? I mean, if your goal is hydration.... A lot of times if I...

I mean, if your goal is hydration....

A lot of times if I have the choice between a water and say, an iced tea, I'll choose the iced tea just for the taste. But man, after a workout or something like that, nothing hits the spot better than a tall drink o water. It's usually after I drink it that I get the "Man, that was good!" reaction.

H

I don't have an answer for that. The only time I ever crave water is when it's too late. I drink a small amount in the morning with my meds and a small cup of coffee, that's it. Most of the time, I don't drink anything all day except maybe 1 soft drink or V8 around lunchtime. Sprite or Cactus Cooler if I can find it. I hit the NA after work and usually drink from 3 to 5 by bedtime. It's not a plan it just is.

The Shop

12/11/2014 8:43am
To get me to drink more water during the day, I use Dasani or other water flavor drops. I put some in a cup and it keeps me drinking regular. No 'energy' drops, just the plain flavor style.
When I'm on a long bike ride (50+ miles) I set my garmin to beep every 30 minutes. This forces me to drink/fuel no matter if I'm thirsty or not.
peelout
12/11/2014 1:21pm Edited Date/Time 12/11/2014 1:22pm
nothing like an ice cold IPA after an ass kicking mountain bike ride. there's this little restaurant in the canyon on my way home from my rides in the summer and i always stop by for a cold one. i almost got a handy from one of the waitresses one time but that's a story for another time.

as for NA beer, it tastes like shit and i don't like it. it's like playing a game of just-the-tip but without the fun stuff in the middle and end.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
12/11/2014 2:14pm
peelout wrote:
nothing like an ice cold IPA after an ass kicking mountain bike ride. there's this little restaurant in the canyon on my way home from my...
nothing like an ice cold IPA after an ass kicking mountain bike ride. there's this little restaurant in the canyon on my way home from my rides in the summer and i always stop by for a cold one. i almost got a handy from one of the waitresses one time but that's a story for another time.

as for NA beer, it tastes like shit and i don't like it. it's like playing a game of just-the-tip but without the fun stuff in the middle and end.
Which one? I went to Timbermine steakhouse a couple times and liked it... Never tried Gray cliff lodge, or the Oaks...
peelout
12/11/2014 3:35pm
peelout wrote:
nothing like an ice cold IPA after an ass kicking mountain bike ride. there's this little restaurant in the canyon on my way home from my...

avidchimp wrote:
Which one? I went to Timbermine steakhouse a couple times and liked it... Never tried Gray cliff lodge, or the Oaks...
The Oaks, i like it because they always have micro beers from other micros around the state

Post a reply to: Hydrating with N/A beer

The Latest