Hurricane Irma

logan_140
Edited Date/Time 9/19/2017 6:30pm
Y'all ready for this one in Florida? Still a ways out but it sure looks like it's coming this way.. just became a cat 5 sustained winds at 175mph
|
brlatm
9/5/2017 10:21am
Looks like a gnarly one, I hope my place in the DR holds up, this will be it's first test since we built it.

Load up and head north now for sure.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
9/5/2017 11:06am
Hopefully it doesn't swing around the gulf a few times and hammer Houston. That town needs a break!
logan_140
9/5/2017 11:19am
brlatm wrote:
Looks like a gnarly one, I hope my place in the DR holds up, this will be it's first test since we built it. Load up...
Looks like a gnarly one, I hope my place in the DR holds up, this will be it's first test since we built it.

Load up and head north now for sure.
I think I should be ok.. although the latest model has it shooting straight up Florida I'm in central.. I think Andrew did the same thing
rpoint116
9/5/2017 12:20pm
Ive chartered sailboats out of Tortola 4 times. Beautiful area to go island hopping.

It looks like Anegada is right in the crosshairs for tomorrow. That is an amazing island. Unfortunately there is little protection there whereas the highest point is only 14' above sea level.

The Shop

JRT812
9/5/2017 3:10pm
Be safe Florida bros.
9/5/2017 3:21pm
have never left the home area, stayed through Andrew, the 3 bad ones in a row in 04, and gonna ride this one out as well. dont think we will get it as bad being on the west coast (tampa) and looks right now to be heading towards miami, as it moves across the state it should dissipate to under 5 atleast and we should be fine. praying this doesnt end up bad and loop around under the state, into the gulf and pick up steam and head back towards the gulf states regions. they need a break. but mother nature is one fickle bitch sometimes
MR. X
9/5/2017 3:29pm
My parents just bought a place to retreat to in Tampa for the winter months , thankfully they're still up here . I hope they still have a place left standing.
logan_140
9/5/2017 4:18pm
have never left the home area, stayed through Andrew, the 3 bad ones in a row in 04, and gonna ride this one out as well...
have never left the home area, stayed through Andrew, the 3 bad ones in a row in 04, and gonna ride this one out as well. dont think we will get it as bad being on the west coast (tampa) and looks right now to be heading towards miami, as it moves across the state it should dissipate to under 5 atleast and we should be fine. praying this doesnt end up bad and loop around under the state, into the gulf and pick up steam and head back towards the gulf states regions. they need a break. but mother nature is one fickle bitch sometimes
Could stay in the Atlantic and take a hard hard turn towards he west and swipe across central.. nobody knows yet. Just hoping it stays minimal
logan_140
9/5/2017 6:15pm
Latest model shows her going into the gulf (probably get stronger due to warmer waters) and curving in east putting central Florida in its sights.
RY9MX
9/5/2017 6:51pm
I'm down in south Miami. It's a real S show around here now. My mom lives over in Marco island (on the west coast). Seems like nobody knows where it's going yet, but I got the airboat, tractor, ranger, and swamp buggy all ready. Hopefully they don't get blown away.
Nighttrain
9/5/2017 7:03pm
We stayed (Charleston) 2 miles from the beach for a small one last year, Cat 1 Matthew. It was something cool to watch. We'll move inland if a Cat 3 or above is ever approaching for a direct hit. Stay safe all you folks down in Florida.
logan_140
9/5/2017 7:48pm
RY9MX wrote:
I'm down in south Miami. It's a real S show around here now. My mom lives over in Marco island (on the west coast). Seems like...
I'm down in south Miami. It's a real S show around here now. My mom lives over in Marco island (on the west coast). Seems like nobody knows where it's going yet, but I got the airboat, tractor, ranger, and swamp buggy all ready. Hopefully they don't get blown away.
I'm from Naples. Was down in Marco all the time stay safe looking like a hit down there as of now. 11 pm track showed it shifting east slightly.. central Florida is right in its track as well
Hut
9/5/2017 7:58pm
I am not from anywhere near Hurricane country but watching weather channel and it is Not looking good right now. I hope you all get out to somewhere safe.
ns503
9/6/2017 4:17am
We booked a family DR vacation last month, for April/May. Hope the resort doesn't get blown off the map before then - this hurricane season is shaping up to be a doozy.

I absolutely hate hurricanes, we get them here sometimes too - a bit un-nerving, sitting in the house feeling its shudders & shakes while tree branches & crap are flying by the windows.
jasonward73
9/6/2017 8:20am
Way more east path now. Looking like we will miss the worst of it. It'll still be a mess but not catastrophic as was predicted yesterday.
Bultaco
9/6/2017 9:04am
185 MPH wind??? That's not a hurricane anymore. It is a 300 mile wide Tornado. Dizzy
JAFO92
9/6/2017 9:54am
Bultaco wrote:
185 MPH wind??? That's not a hurricane anymore. It is a 300 mile wide Tornado. Dizzy
With gusts higher than that, and could last several days in the same spot. Sad
Nighttrain
9/6/2017 5:02pm
Yea, even up here they are boarding stuff up. The Warden said she's going inland with our hounds and sons.

logan_140
9/6/2017 6:39pm
Man Barbuda got absolutely fucking destroyed... 95% destroyed
Hudweiser9
9/6/2017 8:24pm
I'm in Daytona Beach, definitely keeping an eye ( no hurricane pun intended) on this one. Matthew was on a similar track last year. Seems to be turning more easterly today. Hoping it stays on the current track moving east. That will keep us on the "good" side of the storm. The north-east quadrant is the most damaging / strongest winds. We are prepared with all of our supplies, probably board up the windows Friday morning.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
9/7/2017 5:20am Edited Date/Time 9/7/2017 5:26am
I am in south Florida and own my house and 6 rentals, 4 boats and a huge wildlife sanctuary.. oh and have the flu. Moving a ton of 400lb tortoises is not easy. One of our houses is the furthest western beach house on the coast and a historical land sight so if it gets blown apart they take it imment domain style. I rented 3 uhauls but with traffic and gas its dangerous to be caught in traffic with all these animals, they could overheat. And the trucks cant make it out on one tank of gas and gas is very hard to get so its crazy. Might hold up here now that it could go east a bit more and we have a block shelter for storms but this one is serious. I was in Andrew and there was a semi truck that was flipped and went through walmart sideways through the wall and pushed all merchandise to back. Cows flying through the air and only 8 walls left in inlaws whole gated community. So i am concerned. Be safe everyone.
Hut
9/7/2017 5:52am
Good luck man
Hudweiser9
9/7/2017 8:18am
Stay safe FLMXer and ALL FL residents. I'll be staying put here in Daytona. Hoping it will take a big easterly turn ASAP.
ns503
9/7/2017 9:04am
FLmxer wrote:
I am in south Florida and own my house and 6 rentals, 4 boats and a huge wildlife sanctuary.. oh and have the flu. Moving a...
I am in south Florida and own my house and 6 rentals, 4 boats and a huge wildlife sanctuary.. oh and have the flu. Moving a ton of 400lb tortoises is not easy. One of our houses is the furthest western beach house on the coast and a historical land sight so if it gets blown apart they take it imment domain style. I rented 3 uhauls but with traffic and gas its dangerous to be caught in traffic with all these animals, they could overheat. And the trucks cant make it out on one tank of gas and gas is very hard to get so its crazy. Might hold up here now that it could go east a bit more and we have a block shelter for storms but this one is serious. I was in Andrew and there was a semi truck that was flipped and went through walmart sideways through the wall and pushed all merchandise to back. Cows flying through the air and only 8 walls left in inlaws whole gated community. So i am concerned. Be safe everyone.
Good luck to ya man. I can hardly stand it in my house when the winds get to the 100kph range, severely nerve wracking. I'd likely have a different house if I was down there - but, high winds are the devil himself no matter what you're in.
mxstate
9/7/2017 9:55am Edited Date/Time 9/7/2017 9:56am
Hudweiser9 wrote:
Stay safe FLMXer and ALL FL residents. I'll be staying put here in Daytona. Hoping it will take a big easterly turn ASAP.
Same thoughts and hopes for all FL people from another Ormond Beach MXer.
Been here for 13 years and this one is no joke
I really hope it will be shifting East as much and fast as possible
I stopped worrying or putting too much thoughts into these graphs.
It's a several hundreds miles wide mess ahead, and your house might make it fine when your neighbors's will be badly beat up.
Where we live I don't expect flooding issues but that wind...
Last year Matthews popped some massive trees in my area, lifting up several square feet of soil around the trunk base in the process.

We had no power for 7 days, no city water for almost 3. It was a blessing but also weird to see the Salvation Army handing us meals.
That being said, got some friends in Houston area and my gosh...
News channels have already moved on the next big thing but it' still a war zone over there,
Wishing the best to all FL and TX people.

ledger
9/7/2017 10:38am
Damn, just damn, Mother Nature is brutal. Thoughts and prayers is all I can do right now. Stay safe !!
logan_140
9/7/2017 1:35pm

Here's the latest euro model... shifted back west and euro is usually right.. fuck
Hudweiser9
9/7/2017 6:31pm
Hang on tight FL boys, looks like we going to have to clear a big triple with Irma! I have been through a few hurricanes in my lifetime, FL native here. This one looks to be a real butch. MXstate, where are you in Ormond? I'm out off of SR40, west of I-95. Harry, where in Jax are you? Went to high school up there at Ed White. Hope everyone has their hurricane prep done, supplies are getting scarce.
Nighttrain
9/7/2017 6:46pm
I dunno, man, looks bad for Jax area. Our Governor is 99% sure he'll order an evacuation for us on Saturday morning. I can't agree if the projected wind force here will be no more than last year's Matthew that we stayed home for. Still, when they men in blue say you gotta go then I go.

Post a reply to: Hurricane Irma

The Latest