How to turn $2million into $4BILLION

ocscottie
..just ask the UFC.

"UFC, the mixed martial arts league, will be sold for $4 billion, by far the richest sale in the history of professional sports."

Read More: UFC owners turn $2 million into $4 billion

|
Titan1
7/11/2016 4:37pm
That's impressive....good for them.
MR. X
7/11/2016 5:28pm
It's funny that Dana has been saying for the last 2 months that the UFC is not for sale.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
7/11/2016 6:10pm Edited Date/Time 7/11/2016 6:12pm
If you've got 4 billion dollars why would you even bother, with anything? I mean, how much more over and above your initial $4 billion dollars, would the investor(s) need to see to justify the huge dollar figure gamble? $10 billion? 20 billion?

$4 billion dollars sounds like an end point not an initial investment. Just hard to wrap my head around.

The economies of scale are hard to even grasp at this level.

The Shop

500guy
7/11/2016 8:14pm
I thought you were going to say give it to Obama and let him turn it into our daily debt.
Ted722
7/11/2016 8:33pm
Don't doubt they paid a pretty penny, but what better way to make headlines than with a record number. Who knows if the number is real or not, but sure helps to get the word out. WME-IMG is a marketing machine with Silicon Valley backing and KRAFT's (Patriots) in on the deal too.
APLMAN99
7/11/2016 9:38pm
kzizok wrote:
If you've got 4 billion dollars why would you even bother, with anything? I mean, how much more over and above your initial $4 billion dollars...
If you've got 4 billion dollars why would you even bother, with anything? I mean, how much more over and above your initial $4 billion dollars, would the investor(s) need to see to justify the huge dollar figure gamble? $10 billion? 20 billion?

$4 billion dollars sounds like an end point not an initial investment. Just hard to wrap my head around.

If you're an individual, sure.

But companies only maintain strong equities if investors believe in, and see, growth. Walmart took about a 25% decline in their share price from the beginning to the end of 2015 simply because sales stagnated and growth was modest. If they stopped building new stores and simply just tried to focus on selling better in their current ones, investors would treat them like a company with leprosy.
IWreckALot
7/12/2016 5:28am
kzizok wrote:
If you've got 4 billion dollars why would you even bother, with anything? I mean, how much more over and above your initial $4 billion dollars...

APLMAN99 wrote:
If you're an individual, sure. But companies only maintain strong equities if investors believe in, and see, growth. Walmart took about a 25% decline in their...
If you're an individual, sure.

But companies only maintain strong equities if investors believe in, and see, growth. Walmart took about a 25% decline in their share price from the beginning to the end of 2015 simply because sales stagnated and growth was modest. If they stopped building new stores and simply just tried to focus on selling better in their current ones, investors would treat them like a company with leprosy.
You probably just described the worst part of the stock market. It operates 100% on emotion and logic is largely absent.
IWreckALot
7/12/2016 5:31am
kzizok wrote:

I dunno man. . . I was considering retiring when I won the $300M jackpot last week. . . But all of a sudden that seems inadequate.

But, maybe I could take that $300M and turn it into $600B just to make the UFC look like idiots.
IWreckALot
7/12/2016 5:34am
That deal with Reebok must be mega money for the UFC. I think the UFC is about to start having some BIG problems attracting fighters if they don't start sharing some of that scratch with the fighters.
PalerBlue
7/12/2016 9:36am
IWreckALot wrote:
That deal with Reebok must be mega money for the UFC. I think the UFC is about to start having some BIG problems attracting fighters if...
That deal with Reebok must be mega money for the UFC. I think the UFC is about to start having some BIG problems attracting fighters if they don't start sharing some of that scratch with the fighters.
If only you were correct, however the intelligence of the average UFC fighter is not overly high even before they start getting their brains damaged.

Reece. I'm with you. The sight of one guy sitting on another's chest and beating his face to a bloody pulp is NOT sport, it's sickening.
IWreckALot
7/12/2016 12:29pm
IWreckALot wrote:
That deal with Reebok must be mega money for the UFC. I think the UFC is about to start having some BIG problems attracting fighters if...
PalerBlue wrote:
If only you were correct, however the intelligence of the average UFC fighter is not overly high even before they start getting their brains damaged. Reece...
If only you were correct, however the intelligence of the average UFC fighter is not overly high even before they start getting their brains damaged.

Reece. I'm with you. The sight of one guy sitting on another's chest and beating his face to a bloody pulp is NOT sport, it's sickening.
The sport is entertaining when both guys are not on the same level. When you have one guy that just lays on the other guy and just brutalizes them, it's not fun to watch. Oddly enough, the UFC has a much more strict concussion protocol than most other sports. Mandatory 3 month no contact policy after a concussion.
Old-Man
7/12/2016 12:42pm
IWreckALot wrote:
The sport is entertaining when both guys are not on the same level. When you have one guy that just lays on the other guy and...
The sport is entertaining when both guys are not on the same level. When you have one guy that just lays on the other guy and just brutalizes them, it's not fun to watch. Oddly enough, the UFC has a much more strict concussion protocol than most other sports. Mandatory 3 month no contact policy after a concussion.
Sadley enough it only takes one hit to the head and the damage is done.
Their adults, knowing what they're getting into and what could happen. swing away

Post a reply to: How to turn $2million into $4BILLION

The Latest